Just Ordered My Westinghouse L2410NM!!

i am desperately trying to return this monitor now :mad:

the input lag is so bad that i cant even stand playing games on it, and when i brought it too a lan party nobody wanted to play on it and instead brought out a standard def tv

it feels like everyting you play on this monitor is lagging

I dont notice input lag very much at all. I play a lot of NHL 2008 and that is a very fast paced game. I do notice it if i am looking for it in FPS games.

***New Review***

Used VGA for the 360 and previous problems listed are fine now, Oblivion looks great, I had it hooked up HDMI at first but VGA is the best looking and I love it.

Guys I want to buy this monitor but I've heard some bad things about neweggs return policy for dead pixels. Is there a better site to puchase from?

Help!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8268475&type=product&id=1170290375980&ref=10&loc=01
on sale for $399.99 from Nov 11-17 at bestbuy. might be able to find a 10% off coupon on fatwallet or slickdeals that would work too. I wish I would have held out and not purchased one from newegg a little over a week ago. My first one was defective and I don't have my replacement yet plus I had to pay the shipping to send the defective one back. Thats the last time I buy a LCD online.

Hi all, first time poster. I just bought one of these yesterday and it's fantastic. I don't see any input lag whatsoever, nor do I see any problem with blacks.

However, I see the *exact* same thing that nojoka describes. On the upper right side of the screen, sort of the upper right quadrant, a screen door effect. It is *very* subtle and is only visible when around 4 inches from the screen. But it's there. I think the effect becomes more pronounced when the monitor has been on for a little while - this morning it seems a lot harder to see than last night when the monitor was on for several hours.

Does anyone else observe this? Again, take a real hard look at the upper right and right edge of your screen. The easiest way I found to detect the problem is to move the Windows taskbar to the right edge and widen it so you can see what the pixels are doing. And then move it to the top of the screen and observe there too.

The fact that nojoka and I have the exact same problem suggests that at least some of these monitors are defective.

I would love to hear if we are the only two with the problem, because otherwise the monitor is fantastic and I would be happy to own one without the problem. Can anyone reassure me that it's because nojoka and I simply got defective units?

However, I see the *exact* same thing that nojoka describes...

Oh man that stinks! I should hopefully have my replacement from newegg today (had to bribe one of my friends to hang out at my apartment while I'm at work). I hope the new one is good and I post as soon as I get to check it out. If you (Metrolens) get yours swapped please report back as to how the new one is. Thanks.

I can confirm that the upper-right and upper-left corners of my monitor are exactly the same, to the naked eye.

Perhaps it's a batch (batches?) of slightly "off" panels?

I returned my monitor to Best Buy and am waiting to hear more from other owners before I try with a new unit.

Neuffy, I totally believe you, and that's encouraging. But I want to reiterate that for me the effect was very, very subtle. This morning I could swear it'd faded since last night. But it was definitely still there.

Also my monitor had 2 stuck pixels (purple), and 10 dead ones. The dead pixels I wouldn't ever have found, but UnDead Pixel 2.2 detected them. And it was very strange - there were 10 dead pixels in a perfectly straight diagonal line running from the upper LEFT corner 3 inches toward the center of the screen. They were so evenly spaced, and the line of dead pixels was so straight, that I am very curious what it could've been.

I noticed one other thing with my monitor - there were three zones of very subtly varying brightness dividing the screen. Upper third, middle third, bottom third had slightly different values, which really only became visible on the Windows XP shutdown screen. Are other people seeing this?

About the dead pixels - my findings I think are highly suspect; that UnDead pixel application isn't the best. Is there a better one out there?

I bought my 2410nm Saturday and am loving it. After calibration, I notice no crushing blacks and fantastic colors. The build quality seems quite sturdy.

Input lag is minor, nothing that really bothers me. I also can't see any ghosting. I'm extremely happy with my purchase!!!

Just got my replacement and this one still has the grainy/screen door effect on the right side. Extremely unhappy, I'm hoping to get my money back from newegg, if that doesn't happen I'm going to get a replacement directly from westinghouse this time i guess.

Hey people who own this monitor, I just bought two from Best Buy and it seems as if my stands only came with 2 rubber feet on the bottom. There is one circular indentation for a third placement of the black rubber feet. :confused: How many rubber feet does everyone have?

That sucks, nojoka. Is the problem exactly the same? Better or worse than before?

Either we're just hypersensitive to the problem, or we are the 2 unlucky chumps that have come across it. However, the fact that you've now gotten 2 monitors suggests there is at least a bad batch floating around right now. It would be great to contact Westinghouse directly.

What is everybody's calibration settings at? I am getting mine tomorrow, so I want to know everybody's settings.

That sucks, nojoka. Is the problem exactly the same? Better or worse than before?

Either we're just hypersensitive to the problem, or we are the 2 unlucky chumps that have come across it. However, the fact that you've now gotten 2 monitors suggests there is at least a bad batch floating around right now. It would be great to contact Westinghouse directly.

Looks just like the 1st. This monitor only has one stuck pixel instead of 3 like I had on the first but the graininess on the upper right corner looks exactly the same. I sent both newegg and westinghouse an email along with the picture I made showing the difference between the sides. I'm going to try to get to best buy tomorrow to look at their display model. I want to see if it has the problem.

this is mine

72axtfp.jpg

6ynagdw.jpg

Looks just like the 1st. This monitor only has one stuck pixel instead of 3 like I had on the first but the graininess on the upper right corner looks exactly the same. I sent both newegg and westinghouse an email along with the picture I made showing the difference between the sides. I'm going to try to get to best buy tomorrow to look at their display model. I want to see if it has the problem.

I had exactly the same problem. I got an RMA from Newegg and sent it back and am waiting for a replacement; I sure hope that it won't have the same problem (as there appears to be a defective batch). I noticed an identical problem in the floor model on display in my local Best Buy, so I don't really know what's up with the latest Westinghouse panels.

Just to confirm, solid regions of color particularly bring out this screen door effect; when a solid region is viewed on the left hand and middle parts of the panel no effect is seen, but on the right 1/3 the effect is very prominent.

I'd appreciate it if current owners of this panel who have bought it in the past (not in the past month or so) would also comment on whether they notice the effect, which should be visible from about 4-10 inches away.

I just got mine today from Newegg. The monitor is flawless, no dead pixels at all, and no graininess like others in this thread. After calibrating it, the blacks aren't bad at all. Everything is perfect on this monitor.

I'm glad pnoyboy3241 got a good one because now it seems a few of us have had the graininess on the right side. I didn't get to best buy to check out their display yesterday, it's disappointing to hear that mglukhovsky's Best Buy had a westy on display that exhibited the defect. Newegg won't give me a refund, I even said a restocking fee would be fine with me. They just want me to ship the defective 2nd one back and get a 3rd. Which I probably will do today. Westinghouse still hasn't replies to my email from a couple days ago.

mglukhovsky keep me/us posted as how your replacement is when you get it.

Everyone else test yours by having a picture in a window on the upper left side then drag it to the right side. I can definitely notice the difference even from a couple feet back but it is much easier to see when you are very close to the monitor. The graininess seems mostly horizontal.

I just purhcased my Westinghouse from Best Buy last Monday under the sale price. I was all excited about the Westinghouse L2410NM because I have read COUNTLESS reviews on newegg and many other sites and it has been nothing but positive responses besides the complaints about the menu and lack of DVI, no big deal. I hooked everything up, the PC desktop with the monitor looks fantastic, HL2 looks great and many other games. However when I connected my XBOX 360 (first generation) up to the monitor via HD COMPONENT I was kind of upset. I put in COD4 and right off the bat, it looks terrible. It seriously did not look High Def. I tried changing the settings with 720p, 1080i, still terrible. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have asked lots of people for their advice on what I could be doing wrong, and it does not add up. I still have yet to test out the HD VGA cable with my 360 and monitor, which I have heard does make a difference. But I am just completely confused as to why the HD component connection looks awful. Everything else about the monitor is perfectly fine. What is the deal with some people having OSD MENU V1.1? I have 1.0, is there some significance there? :mad::mad: I just need some advice and help on this issue. It just doesn't add up, everything else is fine besides playing 360 games. I played some DVD's through the XBOX, and I understand that it upconverts DVD's to about 480p or something and they looked fine. The Dashboard quality looked good. Is it the component crap? The monitor? The game? I haven't troubleshooted many HDTV's with 360's so I'm stumped at this point.

Let me know if anyone has some suggestions for me that I can probably give a try. I plan on bringing my 360 to my work and hooking it up to an employee's DELL 24 inch via component.

Thanks for your help

excessum I know Ive read a lot of other people say that the VGA connection is a ton better than the component cables. So it should definitely look better hooked up that way. Of course HDMI would be even better but since that is not an option for your xbox vga is the way to go.

not sure about the osd differences. the one I just sent back to newegg was a 1.0, didn't really notice what the first one was. I know the 2nd one with the old firmware had the old box with the 700:1 contrast ratio listing and my first one had the newer box with the correct contrast and viewing angles listed. Actually that makes me think that the grainy right corner defect could be a widespread problem if they both had the same defect but each one had a different "generation" of box.

hmmm...

The panel I sent back w/graininess/screendoor also had firmware 1.1. That's not good news if the second one was an older generation and also had the problem.

Will probably be picking up this monitor tomorrow at Best Buy, I'll post if I got a good or bad one when I actually have it hooked up. (Huge upgrade from my 17"!)

i picked up this monitor from bestbuy on sunday and was able to use the 12% off member rewards coupon. the monitor is like what everyone was describing... great clear picture, washed out blacks, no sleep on hdmi mode, humming with <100% contrast and when power button is switched off. im ok with all of those issues, BUT i also have the screen door effect on the top right corner. i went to exchange it for another today, and my replacement also has the same issue plus one dead pixel. i bought my lcd from a bestbuy in hawaii so this may be a widespread issue with westinghouse. im not sure if i want to keep this thing as my replacement was the last one on the shelf. for 350+tax, i may just live with the screen door effect or try my luck with a tn type lcd.

Back from Emeryville, CA Best Buy, the display model has the grainy right side problem too! This may be extremely widespread, I'm sure a lot of people have the problem but don't notice it because they sit back far enough so it doesn't really show up as much. I'm done with this monitor, newegg is giving me a refund minus a restocking fee. I have a PS3 I just got and nothing to hook it up to. Dammit!

The Best Buy that I found the panel w/screen door/graininess was in Long Island. Are there any revision numbers, date of manufacture, etc. that we can use to identify the defective batch by?

Does anyone notice any difference between VGA and DVI outputs?

I've got a GeForce 6600GT 128mb that only supports digital up to 1600 x 1200 Max Digital and 2048 x 1536 x 32bit x 85 Hz Max Analog so I'm stuck using VGA. Has anyone tried both and notice any difference? I hear some people are limited to only VGA for 360

Here are some picks. I think they look good (better/same as my dell 1801FP connected up using DVI, built in 2003, uses IPS)? What do you think?
my.php

my.php

Thanks.

PS
Here are my settings for VGA incase anyone is in the same boat as me
Brightness - 50
Contrast - 80
Sharpness - 5
Clock - 50
Phase -49
R/G/B - 32/32/38
** (for nvidia forceware 163.75) In the Display properties ==> settings ==> advanced ==> geforce 6600gt ==> control panel ==>"Manage Custom Resolution" settings , set the Timing standard to "CVT reduced blank" (important), bits per pixel to 32, and scaling type to centered (not sure if scaling matters). Most other settings seem to wash out text and colors. I am not sure what CVT reduced blank means but it seems to work. Took me an hour fiddling with the settings to get this to work. Almost ended up returning it cause the text was unreadable without "CVT reduced blank".

Am I the only one that got a flawless model?

Picked mine up today (live in Washington). Hopped over to Oregon (no tax, woo!), and picked it up for $399 no tax.

Got home, plugged it in, and it's beautiful. I can't believe how big of an upgrade it was from my HP 17 inch.

A couple days ago I got my monitor (which I ordered from newegg.com despite various warnings). So far it seems it's okay. There's a single dead pixel just a little off the center of the screen, but fortunately it's hard to see when there's motion on screen (since I'm just using it for gaming and movies, that's all the time). I don't notice any input lag (and I've done serious gaming on 5ms and 2ms machines), maybe people are getting defective monitors. That, or maybe I'm just not as sensitive to it as they are.

As for that weird effect in the upper right corner...how's the best way to check for it? Sometimes I think I see it; but I'm not sure if my mind's just playing tricks on me after reading this thread.

There are several posts above on how to see the screendooring.

It can be very subtle but if present there's no question it's there - parallel horizontal lines, strongest in the upper right quadrant of the screen. On my monitor they faded almost imperceptibly toward the center of the monitor, leaving the center and left side clean and nice.

Please post back with your findings - at this point I will not buy this monitor because it is apparently widely defective.

the screen door effect is more pronounced when there is a darker background. in windows xp, its hard to see if you have the background with the white clouds. switch the background image to something with color, and you should see the horizontal parallel lines on the right top corner if your monitor is defective. i detected it first when i dual booted into vista because it has the colored sidebar. i would definitely not buy this monitor online, since it would be costly to exchange if you do end up with a defective monitor. stick with a B&M with a non-restocking fee return policy. other than the screen door effect, this monitor has a beautiful display.

Mine is also perfect, no dead pixels, no "screen door" effect. I ordered it from NewEgg about two weeks ago, it's awesome.

Only complaint, I think the quality of the component in signal gets degraded somehow. Xbox 360 looks significantly better over VGA. Wish I had an Xbox with HDMI to test that connection out :(

One quick question. Has anyone here been able to compare the image quality of this monitor by running a xbox 360 in VGA versus HDMI? I don't have an HDMI enabled xbox but Im curious to know how they compare and how the monitor handles these inputs.

Back