Jerker Gallery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerker says hi2u

DSC00941.JPG
:D

Well, I'm getting one now on Friday, just have to decide on a color. I like the table style ones, but I can't fit that in my room.

Guess my wheel wont fit on this desk. :/ Oh well its to sexy to pass up.

Originally posted by SKiTLz
since when? two different countries...

new zealand = austrtalia too?

huh?

!= means not equal

austria <> austraila

yes he is correct. :)

ohh... missed the !.. haha.. my bad

and too whoerver made the mistake of austria = australia.... your a moron...

Man, I really want a nice desk but my father hates Ikea and would never buy anything from there. Oh well, it is nice to dream though:(

Originally posted by Finsta
Man, I really want a nice desk but my father hates Ikea and would never buy anything from there. Oh well, it is nice to dream though:(

whaaaaaaa?

ikea is the happiest place on earth! except for disney world, of course, but it's in the top 3 for sure. what problems does your dad have with ikea? good quality, clean lines, and cheap. how can you go wrong?

Complete assembly, man I wish I had something like Hideout 2 but it is impossible to achieve, considering I have no corner...

Here's mine, picked it up close to a month ago, I'd recommend getting one, they're very nice.

101_0103.jpg

101_0104.jpg

101_0105.jpg

got mine set up yesterday... and it kicks ass. only problem i have is that my second moniter's cable isnt quite long enough to reach my computer whare i would want it.
post-12-1081035515.jpg

how do you get the ones that have the chped edges(like yours) all i see are the type i have(with the round cut out)

Originally posted by the_village_treky
how do you get the ones that have the chped edges(like yours) all i see are the type i have(with the round cut out)
i bought mine a few years ago, they were the old model. i think they've been replaced by the ones with the front cutout now.

I just got my Jerker yesterday and it doesn't have the little cutout in the front. Mine is just a plain rectangle, but I still love it.

Sooo much nice space. If I can borrow my sisters camera I'll take a couple pictures.

How much does these desks cost I may add a 2nd desk to my room to make my dream workstation :)

DSC05956%20small.JPG

Finally got mine over the weekend. Loving it so far, can't wait to get a new pump so I can get my real computer up and running to give it a go and see how it feels for games and such.

Here's mine. :D
Unfortunately, mines squeezed between a wall and my bed, so I can't really fit much of the additional stuff on the sides. Maybe I'll get an extension shelf though.

rig06.jpg

http://data.photodump.com/Odin/Picture057.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://data.photodump.com/Odin/Picture056.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://data.photodump.com/Odin/Picture052.jpg[/IG]

Jerkers have to be, really, one of the best economical desks in the world, and, if SNL's weekly update is correct, the president of Ikea, a privately held company, is now the richest man in the world, Bill Gates is now number two.

however, I plan on getting the two level desk for our basement, and set up a hacker's workstation. :D ;) :rolleyes: , I'll basically have two monitors setup, a laser printer (if I can get it to work), a switch, a couple computers (looking at three if all goes according to plan, a 500mhz Compaq, a Dual 400mhz Celeron, and possibly a Dual AMD rig), and of course, Curly, the brown bear Beanie Baby.

jerkers are great. im gonna go get another soon.

i am then going to have a lovely time fitting it in the back of the focus.

Originally posted by rayman2k2
Jerkers have to be, really, one of the best economical desks in the world, and, if SNL's weekly update is correct, the president of Ikea, a privately held company, is now the richest man in the world, Bill Gates is now number two.

however, I plan on getting the two level desk for our basement, and set up a hacker's workstation. :D ;) :rolleyes: , I'll basically have two monitors setup, a laser printer (if I can get it to work), a switch, a couple computers (looking at three if all goes according to plan, a 500mhz Compaq, a Dual 400mhz Celeron, and possibly a Dual AMD rig), and of course, Curly, the brown bear Beanie Baby.

kinda like mine??

http://members.shaw.ca/mzaz/gfhfgh.jpg

and yes, curly is on top of the middle monitor :)

i bought a TON of jerker parts today. i'm adding onto my current one to make a sort of super-jerker.

you will see what i mean soon, i'll post pix

lets bring this thread back.

i just bought mine ;) once i get it and get it setup in the new house ill post pics.

theres quite a cult following online, google results surprised me.

i m a lil confused here

what exactly are jerkers?... pieces of tables that you can put together in any way you want like lego? :confused: :confused:

front1.jpg

front2.jpg

underdesk.jpg

I joined the jerker club yesterday for 99USD plus Tax.
I love this desk, and I plan on going back soon to get a few of those addons for the side (My bed stand will be a printer tray :/ )

Anyone of you with the double decker had a real breeze or a sweaty workout like I did getting this peice of metal to go in ?

Right now, I just reassembled and haven't been able to get it in after an hour of trying; dropping a monitor stand (little pedistol piece) on my foot; and seriously getting a gash of blood welling up, argh.

Thanks courtesy of the owner of this pic.

jerker.jpg

The last few times that I was able to get it in was not without extreme effort. either I end up bending the damn peice to hell and back, or just major persistant. Right now, I have a lot of chips of metal and paint on my floor because of all the twisting and such. I'd take a picture, but it's ugly and camera is low on battery.

Hope someone can give me some guidance on how to navigate this hunk of metal into its place.

That peice..
Took me alot of time to get in, when I finally realized it was super simple.

you have to put the little screw on the bar that holds up the wood...
and then in the column, you have to use the long screw going in from the outside towards the inside.
and you have to try it a few times, and make sure the threaded part of the funky piece is on the lower end, and the unthreaded (larger hole) is on the high end, where the small screw goes in.

randyc said:
That peice..
Took me alot of time to get in, when I finally realized it was super simple.

you have to put the little screw on the bar that holds up the wood...
and then in the column, you have to use the long screw going in from the outside towards the inside.
and you have to try it a few times, and make sure the threaded part of the funky piece is on the lower end, and the unthreaded (larger hole) is on the high end, where the small screw goes in.

Like I said, I've done it before. I adjust the height of the main level once every few months, but it's all chewed up to hell now. My problem is that the holes don't line up so I have to bend the metal peice. I might have to buy new ones from Ikea tomorrow. heh, luckily I have an LCD :p

btw, did you put the desk together alone? I do, and it's quite a work out holding and securing the main plank of wood.

It's 1am, and I'm tired not to mention both my thumbs are bruised.

What kind of desk is that about halfway up this page posted by Icee (the only one thats not a Jerker)?

a ronin said:
Like I said, I've done it before. I adjust the height of the main level once every few months, but it's all chewed up to hell now. My problem is that the holes don't line up so I have to bend the metal peice. I might have to buy new ones from Ikea tomorrow. heh, luckily I have an LCD :p

btw, did you put the desk together alone? I do, and it's quite a work out holding and securing the main plank of wood.

It's 1am, and I'm tired not to mention both my thumbs are bruised.
well, the only time i had assistance was when my little brother jeff helped carry the flat box up the stairs.
im thinkin of going back next month (nach meine paycheck!) and getting a a bunch more shelves and makin a super jerker like the guy mentioned.
I'm also going to add lights under all the various tiers for nightime use. CCLs or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back