Jerker Gallery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilnickwong

Weaksauce
Here's mine. I love it so far although my dusty room really shows on the black surface. The only accessories I got for it were the holders for CDs on the left and the magazine ones on the right.

Other accessories available were a swinging table that could be attached to the side v-bars and an extension shelf to put on the top. Table is really sturdy and I recommend it! :)

Only gripe is that it doesn't have much storage space. (No shelves or drawers)

rig03.jpg

It's definetly a nice desk.

So that swing out table that a lot of the Jerkers have are not standard with the desk? Would you reccomend them?

Yeah they're definitely super handy to have. But I didn't get any because as you can see in my pic, my table is right next to the window, so no space and I can't have a couple of swinging shelves right above my bed. :)

Originally posted by evilnickwong
Yeah they're definitely super handy to have. But I didn't get any because as you can see in my pic, my table is right next to the window, so no space and I can't have a couple of swinging shelves right above my bed. :)

Hmm, I'll be reorganizing my room if I get a Jerker, so I might hold off on getting those until after I've figured out my new setup.

jerker.jpg

The bare columns look really out of place since I moved the upper shelf and made it my dispaly shelf. I understand Ikea sells extensions so I may pick one up and add one on top to increase to put other stuff. This is a good desk, but a bit small. You can see how there isn't much room with 2 monitors on. $150 Canadian is what I paid 2 years ago.

Originally posted by a ronin

The bare columns look really out of place since I moved the upper shelf and made it my dispaly shelf. I understand Ikea sells extensions so I may pick one up and add one on top to increase to put other stuff. This is a good desk, but a bit small. You can see how there isn't much room with 2 monitors on. $150 Canadian is what I paid 2 years ago.

hey, a ronin, what kind of monitors are those? how is the ghosting on them? i was about to buy a 1703fp last night, however i had problems with the dell website...

arju_desk.JPG

I got the next level up... one of the office lines. It cost me about $400 Canadian.

I'll probably get a Jerker soon for my sister's computer and another for my room as a study table.

Originally posted by Arju
http://www.iupload.net/112003/arju_desk.JPG[/IMG]

I got the next level up... one of the office lines. It cost me about $400 Canadian.

I'll probably get a Jerker soon for my sister's computer and another for my room as a study table.

That's nice, but $400 including the chair and organizer beneath the table, too? Otherwise it wouldn't be worth it. My brother bought a solid mohogany or something like that desk at Office Depot for about the same money and this thing is a monster, but stury and beautiful. BTW, where did you get the Audi poster? I'd love to get one.

rayman2k2, its a Samsung 191T/N. I use the T with the digital connection for gaming, but the minimal ghosting is about the same on either one.

Haha, my desk has such a crappy name. I'll post a picture in the morning when I get around to cleaning everything up. Err, morning is relative to when I wake, so later in the day.

Edit:
thejerkerdesk.jpg

I think it cost me $150 CAD. Which, at that time, was about $100 USD.

That's nice, but $400 including the chair and organizer beneath the table, too? Otherwise it wouldn't be worth it. My brother bought a solid mohogany or something like that desk at Office Depot for about the same money and this thing is a monster, but stury and beautiful. BTW, where did you get the Audi poster? I'd love to get one.

$400 for the U section, extension on the left and the 3 drawer organiser/drawer unit.

AUDI poster is from the 2002 Canadian Autoshow... dunno if you can get it anymore :(

more pics guys.....I want one, but I'm not sure which accessories to get.

danm you, danm you all. now i want one so bad :( ahh well, as they say, ignorance is bliss :p. ill probably get one soon :)

Originally posted by rayman2k2
i would DEFINATELY recommend one...
desk.jpg
rayman2k2,

I noticed that you have what I think is IKEA's wire management hanger/basket thing lying on the floor under the desk in that picture. Is there any reason that you are not using it? I was thinking about picking up one or two ... okay 5 ... of them to use in my new office that I just got finished in my house. My only reservations were that I did not know how sturdy they were or how ultimately useful as a means of wire management Can you give me your $0.02 on the matter? I have also tried to find some inexpensive 2' lengths of panduit or the like to use as well, but no luck after a mediumly aggressive search.

Thanks

gfhfgh.jpg

The stiching software didnt work 100% but you get the idea.

wow zaz, mine sortof looked like that until I spread them into different rooms.

Originally posted by Localan
rayman2k2,

I noticed that you have what I think is IKEA's wire management hanger/basket thing lying on the floor under the desk in that picture. Is there any reason that you are not using it? I was thinking about picking up one or two ... okay 5 ... of them to use in my new office that I just got finished in my house. My only reservations were that I did not know how sturdy they were or how ultimately useful as a means of wire management Can you give me your $0.02 on the matter? I have also tried to find some inexpensive 2' lengths of panduit or the like to use as well, but no luck after a mediumly aggressive search.

Thanks

yeah, i hadnt had it installed at that point, i would definately get more than one if i were you, it's really short. however, i was kinda worried, as I had to drill holes into my desk to put it in...once i get a battery for meh digicam, i'll get some pics of it up...

whenever my mom heres that i want a jerker she starts to chuckel and makes a joke about waking off :p its imposible to have a striat covo with here about me getting one

I will post my jerkit I mean Jerkme I mean Jerker later :D

Couldn't help it with all ther talk about Jerking your Jerker.

jerker.jpg

Hey Ronin, I know this doesnt go with the desk question but, are both your monitors hooked up to the same pc? If so is that one wallpaper or 2 different ones? If 2 different ones how did you do it?

Originally posted by ImDefinetlyUrGOD
Hey Ronin, I know this doesnt go with the desk question but, are both your monitors hooked up to the same pc? If so is that one wallpaper or 2 different ones? If 2 different ones how did you do it?

You can use two different wall papers by setting the second one up as an active desktop item, and dragging it to the second monitor and selecting "cover desktop". It looks like he may be using UltraMon though (third-party software to do things like that if you don't want to mess with it).

i wish i had this desk still. i just moved to north carolina from cali. and im having some of my stuff shipped. and i dont think i will be able to get it shipped UPS. or i will have to pay a boat load of money to have it shipped. i havnt found a ikea close to my house yet.:(

here's mine, got it off the 'as-is' corner in ikea, took about 30% off the list price as well. excellent condition, only a few dents on the tabletop.

newtable.jpg

I'm ordering my Jerker today. I think I'm just going to get the regular Jerker table. I can save some money and add extras later.

I'm pondering if I should get a Jerker desk, with a bunch of those swivel shelves. I have two questions.

1. Can anyone show me (link?) where to get another long shelf, like the one that goes accross the top.

2. I'm a hardcore racing simluation nut, so will I be able to put my Momo wheel on the contour. Can anyone get me an underneath picture.

Originally posted by Triath
I'm pondering if I should get a Jerker desk, with a bunch of those swivel shelves. I have two questions.

1. Can anyone show me (link?) where to get another long shelf, like the one that goes accross the top.

2. I'm a hardcore racing simluation nut, so will I be able to put my Momo wheel on the contour. Can anyone get me an underneath picture.

I checked the ikea website....They used to have that long shelf on there. i don't see it anymore. It was $30CDN when I bought one.

As far as the steering wheel....if you look at the middle of the curve, underneath and about 1.5 inches back, there is a 1"x1" metal bar supporting the front of the desk. The steering wheel might have some problems clamping on but then again Im not sure how the wheel mounts.

Originally posted by Triath

on the one that i have, just the table, there is a metal bar running the length of the table, just 2.5 inches from the front...

Originally posted by EvoHock
I'm ordering my Jerker today. I think I'm just going to get the regular Jerker table. I can save some money and add extras later.

Curious, how are you ordering yours ? Are you having it shipped to you ? They quoted me about $200 to ship it like 200 miles. I'm planning on making a trip to get one this weekend.

Yeah, lol, they were charging me the same thing for shipping so I guess I'm not having it shipped. Might take a trip to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back