Jerker Gallery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not expensive if you live near an Ikea, but to ship them is nuts.

Just what I was gonna say...for the customization available and build quality of the desks they're nicely priced...but with shipping charges it does start to add up.

i didnt wanna drive to jersey to get mines either
i checked my local craigs list and got a black one for 65 bucks used, not a bad deal

I LOVE my jerker
guys just check ur local craigslist, u never know
jerker's are actually pretty popular among college kids that use craigs list

Wow, it will cost me $300.48 to ship a Jerker desk. Looks like I will have to drive to Houston if I can't find a desk I like locally.

I just purchased one yesterday at Ikea and am having it shipped to my new apartment. I purchased about 8 items and everything was 99 dollars flat, for 30 items.

Unfortunately they were out of the add-on shelf unit because a stop order was placed on it. The guy said it was usually for "manufacturing problems" and I have to call back in 2-3 weeks to check stock and get it.

I had no idea the Jerker was popular until I came to check this forum about it on the off chance someone had heard of it. This gallery helped me be motivated about the desk and gave me some ideas.

I'm getting a big Ikea shelf to put on the wall behind me, and the Jerker is going to be infront, facing out towards the middle of the room, in order to box me in for my 5.1 speakers. I'm gonna put the Jerker shelf all the way on the bottom and use it for my LCD and speakers. That way I can push my keyboard and mouse underneath it when I need to do work since it's a narrower desk than the one I have now.

I got birch since it looks nice with black components (I have black computer, monitor, speakers, mouse, and keyboard). I thought black on black would like kinda cheesy.

I'll post pictures after I build the beast this weekend.

DarkfallFan said:
Wow, it will cost me $300.48 to ship a Jerker desk. Looks like I will have to drive to Houston if I can't find a desk I like locally.

I havent looked into the freight cost for myself...but even if it is that high...I'm still going with a Jerker. :cool:

Valaire said:
I just purchased one yesterday at Ikea and am having it shipped to my new apartment. I purchased about 8 items and everything was 99 dollars flat, for 30 items.

Unfortunately they were out of the add-on shelf unit because a stop order was placed on it. The guy said it was usually for "manufacturing problems" and I have to call back in 2-3 weeks to check stock and get it.

I had no idea the Jerker was popular until I came to check this forum about it on the off chance someone had heard of it. This gallery helped me be motivated about the desk and gave me some ideas.

I'm getting a big Ikea shelf to put on the wall behind me, and the Jerker is going to be infront, facing out towards the middle of the room, in order to box me in for my 5.1 speakers. I'm gonna put the Jerker shelf all the way on the bottom and use it for my LCD and speakers. That way I can push my keyboard and mouse underneath it when I need to do work since it's a narrower desk than the one I have now.

I got birch since it looks nice with black components (I have black computer, monitor, speakers, mouse, and keyboard). I thought black on black would like kinda cheesy.

I'll post pictures after I build the beast this weekend.

Birch definitely looks the nicest in person. The black version looks cheap, IMO, and the medium brown one is just harder to match with.

I just picked up the birch and built it. Ikea is still out of the add on shelf unit. I actually don't want the extra girder height. I just want another shelf to put across the top of my existing frame. Anyone have luck with that or know if the add-on is easily detached?

As for the person who said they'd pay 300 dollars to ship the jerker...I have to say...that is a little nuts. Maybe wait and bundle your order with a lot of other things you want shipped? First 30 items were 100 bucks for me.

The desk is good but not worth $400!

Anyways pictures to come later... birch should look nice with my components.

Curious. Is the model which has the pull-out shelves for rear surround sound speakers still available?

All I know about is the add on shelf to go on top and the swinging shelves that you can put on the girders. I am personally going to be putting a seperate shelf on the wall behind me for my rear speakers.

Juest painted my room, got new carpet, and a brand new Jerker as well

IMG_0895.jpg

OK, I just read all 20+ pages. Looks like a great desk! I think it would work well for me but like others found the cost of shipping outrageous! There is a Ikea going in Draper, UT Spring of 2007. So I marked my calendar and will drive the 450 miles to pick one up next year. That way I can visit my Bro in SLC too.

hr, how sturdy are those upper shelves? strong enuff to support like a 50lb tv maybe? thanks. =)

schapman43 said:
OK, I just read all 20+ pages. Looks like a great desk! I think it would work well for me but like others found the cost of shipping outrageous! There is a Ikea going in Draper, UT Spring of 2007. So I marked my calendar and will drive the 450 miles to pick one up next year. That way I can visit my Bro in SLC too.
damn, I have like 3 Ikeas near me and not one is more than a 2 hour drive away.

geteg said:
hr, how sturdy are those upper shelves? strong enuff to support like a 50lb tv maybe? thanks. =)

I had 2 - 22" monitors on mine and there was a sag in the middle. I ended up lowering the shelf and putting a brace under it. So, yes it will hold a 50lbs tv but I dunno for how long.

Argh...I might have to stop checking this thread...each time I do I get more and more ready to hold up the local sev to pickup one of these beauties. :p

TheMostWantedPolishTwin said:
2_resize.JPG

I'll post some more pics next week.. and don't mind the red vinyl.. I'm goint to take it off and put a nicer black finishing..

Nice hard wood floors we just got ours done.. how many coats of stain is that? you prob have no idea..

itschop said:
Nice hard wood floors we just got ours done.. how many coats of stain is that? you prob have no idea..
that actually looks like laminate piece together wood floor

~GoaT~ said:
that actually looks like laminate piece together wood floor

yeah - that's what it is... it's a college apt. - no one would bother hard wood floors... oh.. and there's a carpet since the picture was taken...will update once I redo my desk...

I think the question about the "tower shelf" was about the "computer holder" - the shelf/strap combination that attaches to the desk that holds a computer tower. IKEA has one for the Galant / Summera collection but not for the Jerker in the US online store. But here it is in one of their international stores.

Anybody know if they have them in-store, and just not available online?

And that concludes this thread. Let it be known that it was simply buying time as a desk thread is no longer suited for the modding forums. Desk threads now belong in the general hardware forum. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back