iPhone 4 pre-order

During the pre-order frenzy, I managed to get to the payment process on AT&T's website. After I submitted, I waited about 2 minutes and was greeted with a "gateway unavailable" error, and AT&T's servers went offline shortly thereafter. After they announced all preorders were filled, I figured that was the end of it and I'd have to wait a couple of weeks if not up to two months to get the damn phone...

... And then I got an email a little while ago confirming my pre-order, complete with (functioning! Legitimate!) order number.

Heck yeah.

:cool:

During the pre-order frenzy, I managed to get to the payment process on AT&T's website. After I submitted, I waited about 2 minutes and was greeted with a "gateway unavailable" error, and AT&T's servers went offline shortly thereafter. After they announced all preorders were filled, I figured that was the end of it and I'd have to wait a couple of weeks if not up to two months to get the damn phone...

... And then I got an email a little while ago confirming my pre-order, complete with (functioning! Legitimate!) order number.

Heck yeah.

Now you just gotta hope that it gets delivered to your house and not some random address in AT&T's system...

The probability of that being fairly high, given AT&T's track record.

Wow, these people must have no lives.

This one's even better, the guy who's camped out in Dallas already up on mac rumors

"I do not work due to the fact I am disabled with a seizure disorder"

But still able to buy a iPhone with that disability money...

Heck yeah.

Did you get a ship date?

This one's even better, the guy who's camped out in Dallas already up on mac rumors

"I do not work due to the fact I am disabled with a seizure disorder"

But still able to buy a iPhone with that disability money...

Devils advocate...He could have gotten it while serving our country...Just tossing it out there.

Not yet. But a quick check of my bank account shows they've billed me. Have no reason to doubt it'll be sent out immediately, but this is AT&T we're talking about here.

Same. Charged, but luckily the order status website shows it's not backordered. That's all I need...for now. :)

I have a "reservation" at an apple store. I'm expecting that will mean nothing at all.

I have a "reservation" at an apple store. I'm expecting that will mean nothing at all.

I went to the Apple store I reserved mine at today. I was curious since my email said $699 even though I'm eligible for an upgrade for $18. She checked on her iPad and sure enough my reservation was on her list, with my name and details. She did say that the price pretty much means nothing because of all the glitches the other day and that it will all be sorted out, so don't worry about that.

I feel very confident now that I will get my iPhone come Thursday. If you'd like some peace of mind, go to the store and have them check to see if your name is on the reservation list.

i have an iphone 3g....my contract isnt up yet..is there anyway on apple or att website to preorder a contract free version at full price or not ?

i have an iphone 3g....my contract isnt up yet..is there anyway on apple or att website to preorder a contract free version at full price or not ?

Is it going to be up anytime this year? They made it so if your contract ends in 2010 you can upgrade early.

Is it going to be up anytime this year? They made it so if your contract ends in 2010 you can upgrade early.

And even if its not you will probably be eligible for an early upgrade which is $399 for the 16 gig and 499 for the 32.

Is there a way where i can order the iphone for my gf without her knowing? She's under a family plan with her dad and sister and they're contract ends this month. Any way i can do this?

Is there a way where i can order the iphone for my gf without her knowing? She's under a family plan with her dad and sister and they're contract ends this month. Any way i can do this?

Unless you have her dads social then no. You could get her a giftcard to the apple store though :)

And even if its not you will probably be eligible for an early upgrade which is $399 for the 16 gig and 499 for the 32.

oh wow...how much do you think i can get my 8gb 3g for to help offset the price of a new one. My contract isnt up till early 2011

I went to the Apple store I reserved mine at today. I was curious since my email said $699 even though I'm eligible for an upgrade for $18. She checked on her iPad and sure enough my reservation was on her list, with my name and details. She did say that the price pretty much means nothing because of all the glitches the other day and that it will all be sorted out, so don't worry about that.

I feel very confident now that I will get my iPhone come Thursday. If you'd like some peace of mind, go to the store and have them check to see if your name is on the reservation list.

I'll go give it a try :)

How could anyone's already ship when it doesn't come out until the 24th?

I guess if you ordered from the Apple store you get it early. I called AT&T and they said no orders will go out until the 23th for overnight shipping. So if you ordered from AT&T we have another 4 days till we get it :-(

I doubt any will delivery early. The delivery estimate on mine is the 24th. They will just hold them until then.

I ordered on 6/15, but now my order status on AT&T's site shows the order having been made on 6/17, and the AT&T charge has now disappeared from my bank account.

Not showing backordered, still "In Progress."

My two orders for iphone 4 preorders both went through via Apple's site and both have been shipped via Fedex International shipping. Weird thing is that they are both going to the same place but one is ETA'ed to arrive on the 23rd, but the other is to arrive on the 24th.

For the people wondering why it already shipped, it is because these phones are being shipped from Shenzen, China. If you ordered from AT&T, I'm guessing Apple is drop shipping their shipments to AT&T's US distribution first and then AT&T will ship it afterwards?

My two orders for iphone 4 preorders both went through via Apple's site and both have been shipped via Fedex International shipping. Weird thing is that they are both going to the same place but one is ETA'ed to arrive on the 23rd, but the other is to arrive on the 24th.

For the people wondering why it already shipped, it is because these phones are being shipped from Shenzen, China. If you ordered from AT&T, I'm guessing Apple is drop shipping their shipments to AT&T's US distribution first and then AT&T will ship it afterwards?

You won't get either phone until the 24th, same thing happened with 3GS orders last year.

And yes, AT&T does it's own overnight shipping instead of Apple's multi-day shipping method as they are responsible for the distribution and not Apple.

Mine has shipped as well, ETA of before 4:30PM on the 24th.

Oh boy, from reading several other forums, it seems people who bought from AT&T and paid with debit cards are getting their orders canceled left and right.

The problem stems from the fact that the temporary hold placed on the debit card isn't actually charged until the order ships, and the time between the pre-order date and ship date is too long for some banks. The payment gets automatically declined.

Oh boy, from reading several other forums, it seems people who bought from AT&T and paid with debit cards are getting their orders canceled left and right.

The problem stems from the fact that the temporary hold placed on the debit card isn't actually charged until the order ships, and the time between the pre-order date and ship date is too long for some banks. The payment gets automatically declined.

I paid w/ a Visa branded BofA debit just fine btw, it's not exactly that, there's no real definitive answer that I can find.

That would be my assumption as well. I mean, the iPhone's are Apple's and they're responsible to get them from the factory to their destinations, be that Apple Stores, or AT&T. Apple is probably shipping them out early to make sure AT&T has time to get it's act in order.

AT&T strikes again.

I used a credit card, and my order status is still listed as In Progress. This ought to be somewhere between interesting and harrowing.

Back