iPhone 4 pre-order

It's a two year contract, regardless of where you stand on your current contract. The former contract you have with AT&T effectively becomes void. You keep your existing phone. You can activate it with an additional line, give it to someone else for them to activate, sell it, smash it, set it on fire, shit on it, whatever.

Was just able to go through apple.com to order another for my brother. It worked fine but the ship day is July 2nd.

I was able to reserve one on Apple.com at my local Apple store for pick up. I haven't received any email confirmation yet though? Its 10 pm est now, should I be worried?

I got my confirmation email about 30 seconds after reserving it. That was at about 10:45AM PST.

I havent gotten an email confirmation from AT&T yet, but they did take out $215 from my Checking account. Does that mean my order went through?

I havent gotten an email confirmation from AT&T yet, but they did take out $215 from my Checking account. Does that mean my order went through?

They shouldn't have taken anything out. It gets charged when you pick up the phone or it ships.

They shouldn't have taken anything out. It gets charged when you pick up the phone or it ships.
i ordered from apple and i was assuming i wouldnt be charged till it shipped either, but my account says that payment is pending (they basically already charged it because i cant use that money anymore)

I have an order completed print out of my order from AT&T yesterday but no email confirmation, and my credit card has not been charged. Here's hoping the order actually went through, who knows given the CLUSTER that the ordering process was yesterday.

Yup they are sold out already. They've stopped taking pre-orders now too....

I'm glad I got mine in yesterday. This also means that people that didn't pre-order probably wouldn't get an iphone till late July...

My wife and I were able to order our phones late (5PM PST) through Business Premier without any issues. We couldn't upgrade her old plan though and just signed up for 2 new phone numbers and will close the old once it comes in. That account was 4 years old and 2 area codes ago though so no biggie.

I think the world may implode June 24th when the non-pre-orders become available.

On another note, also found out yesterday that my employer is switching from AT&T to Sprint as our business provider... which means I'll also be getting a Sprint EVO 4G. Toys for days!

You can still preorder on Apple, just the ship date is July 2nd.

Yeah I ordered a second one and it has a ship date of July 2nd, oh well id rather do that then deal with all the madness on June 24th.

They are saying July 14th now.

I have an order number and it went through yesterday, but their system shows no orders on my account nor has the amount been held in my bank.

Whatever will I do in the bathroom if I don't get mine? :)

Did you try searching the order number? There is a place you can put the order number and your zip code in rather then logging in.

My order was placed at 9am yesterday after trying all morning then finally giving up at 3:45 and sleeping for a little bit, then got it to go through both for the phone and then again for the dock and black bumper case, separate orders in case of shipping snafus, although Apple usually does do the separate shipments at no extra cost.

Anyway, didn't get my confirmation emails until 5pm that afternoon, 8 hours later haha, but still the same shipping dates as were on the site and as are still on the site.

Torquemada XP sounds like you didn't get an order through but I'd call them up and check maybe..

My daughter got me up at 2:30am on the 15th for a small stomach ache. I tried pre-ordering most of that morning till I left for work at 6:45am.

On my lunch I headed to the store where I spent an hour and finally gave up due to their systems crashing and left a contact number.

I get off of work and they call saying another store near me is having luck. So I go over there and pre-order the phone at roughly 7pm.

At 12:20am this morning I got the following confirmation e-mail:

Thank you for ordering iPhone 4 from AT&T. Your device has been reserved. Today was the busiest sales day in our history. Because of the incredible volume of orders we received, there is a slight chance that some customers may receive their devices between June 25 and June 28. Rest assured, we are doing all we can to ship devices to customers for delivery on the 24th. You do not need to take any action at this point.

As soon as your device ships, we will send an email confirmation including a tracking number for your convenience. In the meantime, you can check the status of your order on our website at any time by clicking here or by calling our automated system at 1-877-782-8870.

(all times noted are PST)

I checked my upgrade to 4g eligibility. Says i'm able to upgrade to the 16gb 4g for 399 after tax its like 457. Is it worth it if i can sell my iphone 3g 16gb for like around 300? I just got the 3g not long ago when my contract started in january or should i wait until a new revision comes out for the 4g?

Here is something scarey...I got up at 3:30am yesterday to place my order, got it through, got the confirmation email, etc.

When I go back today to check on the order, I get "An Internal Server Error Has Occured" on Apples own site......I hope to god it went through and is still there. How could their servers be that wrecked STILL.....

How could their servers be that wrecked STILL.....

Because everyone is hoping that the 'sold-out' mantra doesn't really mean that. I imagine every one of those 600,000 units that they sold will be all sorts of crazy shipment arrival dates/times.

I wonder how much of a deal FedEx is cutting AT&T/Apple to ship the phones?

They did the same shipping last year with the 3GS, it arrived at our doorsteps before 10:30 AM via FedEx, there's a huge MacRumors thread of nutjobs downloading flight tracking apps and figuring out what planes their phones were on, ridiculous.

They did the same shipping last year with the 3GS, it arrived at our doorsteps before 10:30 AM via FedEx, there's a huge MacRumors thread of nutjobs downloading flight tracking apps and figuring out what planes their phones were on, ridiculous.

Following the tracking number is one thing to ensure you're home to get it or make other arrangements. Anything more is obsessive...and scary.

LOL...I remember that.

So... If I get a "update #8" on this article and picked a store... Do I have an iphone reserved? I'm sooo confused. Tried calling Apple... didn't work.

http://gizmodo.com/5563909/apple-iphone-4-pre+ordering-is-a-total-disaster

So in searching for my answers, I gave a call to the Apple store that I had selected for reserved pick up. I described to her that I'm concerned about the pre-ordering fiasco and that I had experienced the error while pre-ordering and was led to the pick up in store option. I then proceed to expressed my concern over the fact that the information collected during that process was merely my phone number and no names were collected... Also mentioning the lack of confirmation email given no email was collected either. She says, "If you get to the screen that says see you at the store, then your phone is reserved. Just come in and line up in the reserved line on the 24th."

So there... it seems like I do have an iPhone reserved, but I'm still not sure if she fully understands my situation. xD

Just thought some of you might be in the same boat and would like some answers.(or lack thereof?)

att.com is saying that pre-orders are suspended, but I hear about people getting orders through on apple.com. Obviously, it's July 14th at the earliest, but it looks like they can still be preordered.

Yes, Apple is still taking pre-orders for what is now, I guess, the third allotment. Seems it takes around 12 days to do a single 'run'.

Wow, these people must have no lives.

It's awesome watching them convince each other something is a problem too, and not a single one will ever go through the proper channels to sort anything out, they always moan on a forum first until someone convinces them to call Apple about it, or leave a bug report, it's ridiculous.

I'll admit I'm a member there, but forget about posting anything useful, they'll ignore your comment and go straight for the other 8 replies who have no idea what they're talking about. I visit three forums, the MacBook Pro forum, Mac Apps forum and iPhone Apps forums.

The site has good coverage of Apple news and rumors, and great WWDC coverage and such but my god, their is the forum 'special'.

FINALLY god my order confirmation email from ATT.

Ordered on the 15th at 6:45AM CST.

Back