iPhone 4 pre-order

Went to my local ATT store, they got an e-mail from corporate to stop taking iPhone preorders about 60 seconds after the sales woman started mine. Apparently everything is fucked and a fix won't happen until tonight.

Mine went through though after trying to run my CC 3 times. Get to pick it up when I'm back from my trip, they'll hold it for up to a week.

I FINALLY got through on AT&T's site just a few minutes ago. I need the rest of my day back!

hot damn I just got mine to go through on att.com!! I've been trying occasionally since about 5:30 am. Even tried calling the premier account number when the website wasn't working but an automated answer said that call volume was too high and I should try back later.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I switched to Chrome (was using firefox all morning) and then I got through on my second try. Got the order confirmation in my inbox and everything. Sweet!

Good luck if you're still trying!

Tried again at AT&T's site, everything loaded and I was able to get my order in. It's really just a matter of luck, if it loads or not. :(

Was able to get in this morning on AT&T's site luckily. Also received a confirmation email of my order.

Now I can't even login :p

I was able to score a reservation through the iPhone app a little while ago. Got the email confirmation for it, however it says $699, even though I am eligible for an $18 upgrade. I figure it'll all get sorted out then, and even if not, I rest happy knowing the Apple store will have tons of them in stock to take care of people even those who aren't pre-ordered.

I don't know whats going to happen, but this is as far as I got just now.
Lee_iphone4preorder-1.jpg

Noticed I ordered 2:30pm EST.... I guess I might not get it on the 24th if this does go through. =(

I finally got mine through the Apple store. There's about $50 in tax for CA since it's calculated from the unsubsidized cost.

:( I'm a bit uneasy.

I just got through the Apple store process... that I think didn't go so well. I selected upgrade from existing account and device. It asked me for phone number, zip code, and SS#. Input those and proceeded. The next screen was a bit odd... It showed that I'm on a $99.99 family plan, but it should be showing $69.99... It did correctly show that I have a $5.00 texting plan. Showed the 32GB iPhone 4 that I selected. Clicked proceed and it landed me to the "we're unable to complete your order online". Provided me with in store pick up. I selected the closest Apple store...

So my concern is: Is this the run-of-the-mill "Yea, we failed to pre-order for you, so go line up like everyone else." message? Or did they actually place a note "Reserve an iPhone 4 for this phone number and address data plans and pricing when the customer gets here."?(meaning I'm guaranteed a phone on the 24th)

I guess these questions are better asked to the Apple rep, but I figure their lines are going to be jammed with callers as well, maybe you guys know a thing or two from past experiences.

I clicked pickup at store by mistake and it brought me to a screen that said see you at the store....I didnt put any payment info in or anything. Would it show in my order status if I actually had one scheduled for store pickup?

I clicked pickup at store by mistake and it brought me to a screen that said see you at the store....I didnt put any payment info in or anything. Would it show in my order status if I actually had one scheduled for store pickup?

I guess we're in the same boat. Also, I thought I saw it says 7:00AM on the 24th... or am I just dreaming?

After trying both Apple & AT&T sites from 1AM to 4AM and going to bed, then trying at ~6AM, ~9AM, then finally ~12PM it went through on AT&T. That was fun.

The AT&T store seems to be fully functional again. Still waiting on the white version, though I might as well grab a bumper now.

If I go to the AT&T store and pre order. Can I have it shipped to my house as if I was ordering online?

I was told by a rep in an AT&T store that they don't ship, it has to be picked up from the same store.
Plus, all pre-orders were done by hand and paper forms, including the credit card receipts.

I was told by a rep in an AT&T store that they don't ship, it has to be picked up from the same store.
Plus, all pre-orders were done by hand and paper forms, including the credit card receipts.

I went into an AT&T store. It's going to be shipped to my home. They said it could be shipped to any address I wanted.

After trying both Apple & AT&T sites from 1AM to 4AM and going to bed, then trying at ~6AM, ~9AM, then finally ~12PM it went through on AT&T. That was fun.

Ha! that's my exact timeline for today! except I gave up around 10:30am and lined up in a AT&T store for an hour and a half.

Anyone elses upgrade eligible date changed to something like 11/16/2011 now? Now I can't fucking upgrade.

What was it suppose to be?

Now. My original upgrade date was 7/23/2010. Then, anyone who was within 6 months of upgrading, automatically had their upgrade date moved up to now. So that's what it has said for a few days. I tried to pre-order on att.com this morning, still said the same thing (I made it to the submit order page, but it timed out). Now it shows this shit, so I can't upgrade.

Now. My original upgrade date was 7/23/2010. Then, anyone who was within 6 months of upgrading, automatically had their upgrade date moved up to now. So that's what it has said for a few days. I tried to pre-order on att.com this morning, still said the same thing (I made it to the submit order page, but it timed out). Now it shows this shit, so I can't upgrade.

Think its possible that your order could have gone through when you hit submit? Same thing happened to me on apple.com but the order actually went through.

I am thinking that's probably what happened. Is there anywhere you can check recent orders on att.com?

Think its possible that your order could have gone through when you hit submit? Same thing happened to me on apple.com but the order actually went through.

I am thinking that's probably what happened. Is there anywhere you can check recent orders on att.com?

I actually just did that randomly...Saw a random check order status button that I haven't seen before...Did a search just curiously, and apparently my order went thru this morning :eek:. Order is In Process as of now..

Reserved an iPhone 4 for pick up - for only $199 (16GB Black) - I'm guessing that this will mean they take my 3GS - correct?

I did this via the Apple Store App via my iPhone 3GS this morning, got confirmation email as well. But now I'm reading that the upgrade may be pushed back for some. I got mine in Feb/March - this should not be a problem for me right?

No, you keep your existing phone.

Also:
BoyGenius reports that all of the AT&T pre-order iPhones have been allotted already. Engadget received a statement from AT&T confirming the sellout

Reserved an iPhone 4 for pick up - for only $199 (16GB Black) - I'm guessing that this will mean they take my 3GS - correct?

I did this via the Apple Store App via my iPhone 3GS this morning, got confirmation email as well. But now I'm reading that the upgrade may be pushed back for some. I got mine in Feb/March - this should not be a problem for me right?

Huh no they dont take your old phone.

I was able to reserve one on Apple.com at my local Apple store for pick up. I haven't received any email confirmation yet though? Its 10 pm est now, should I be worried?

Huh no they dont take your old phone.

You sure? Then how the heck I'm getting it for only 199 dollars and I just transfer my previous contract into to this phone? And then the iPhone 3GS will be dead - right as I understood it?

Well either way I'll find out :D

You sure? Then how the heck I'm getting it for only 199 dollars and I just transfer my previous contract into to this phone? And then the iPhone 3GS will be dead - right as I understood it?

Well either way I'll find out :D

You have to sign up for a new 2 year contract.

You have to sign up for a new 2 year contract.

On top of my current two years contract or just extending it from what I have used up and set it as a new 0 point and two years from now and on?

If that's the case then it's not all too bad but if it's an extra contract then fuck that.

Talk about implusive decision >_<

Back