Flogger23m
Fully [H]
- Joined
- Jun 19, 2009
- Messages
- 16,933
Whataboutism? OK, What about them? They were both worse games than the originals, not received well by the general public.
I've only played Horizon Forbidden West and Zero Dawn. Zero Dawn was better. Not just the story/writing, but even the gameplay was more fine tuned. I would have a hard time thinking someone could play both and think Forbidden West was the superior game. Spider Man 2, from what I have heard, is generally considered to be inferior to the first game. This is all by gamers. I think lowered sales lines up with this, regardless of what major reviewers want.
Straight men (who are still the majority of core gamers, despite bogus statistics trying to suggest otherwise)
... but, but, phone and browser games are the same as AAA shooters, action adventure and RPG games. And there is no demographic difference between the Sims and Gears of War. None at all! <--- some overpaid gaming industry analyst.
You made the statement that fresh IPs usually do worse in sales compared to the sequels. Yet one of the two biggest franchises show exactly the opposite of what you are saying.
Emphasis placed on usually. That is true for the majority of games, even sequels that are inferior often sell better due to IP/recognition. Of course this is not always the rule. TLOU was overrated, and I can see that affecting sales for the sequel. Spider-Man was an amazing seller, probably captalizing on the Marvel craze. Marvel movies are a shell of their former selves, so I think that extra hype is no longer there to carry sales.