• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel Retail Edge 2006!

Quick question guys:

If I hit "Register" for the purchase program, am I obligated to buy the bundle?

I have over 12,000 points, and I want to lock-in the chance of having a bundle during the promotional period, but i want to think about it for a few weeks before i actually purchase.
 
Jawadali said:
Quick question guys:

If I hit "Register" for the purchase program, am I obligated to buy the bundle?

I have over 12,000 points, and I want to lock-in the chance of having a bundle during the promotional period, but i want to think about it for a few weeks before i actually purchase.

No you are not obligated to buy it.
You can buy the bundle or no buy it...up to you.
 
How did you guys get verified so fast?
I go verified @ the event last month, but still showing unverified @ Intel website...
 
i e-mailed intel the fax form / pay stub instead of faxing... just got verified and purchased the bundle.

thanks! :D
 
Which email did you use to contact Intel?

If this is faster than faxing, then it is definitely better!
 
I faxed in my employement verification at about 11:30am today and I had the email with the purchase code by 5:00pm!!!
 
amdmaxx said:
How did you guys get verified so fast?
I go verified @ the event last month, but still showing unverified @ Intel website...
I didn't even have to fax or email anything in, and I was verified within 2 days.

The Intel rep was at our store last week taking down names of the employees to help speed the process.
 
I went to a live event HP/Intel did last night, & that should speed up verification.

If not, i am gonna be a tad unhappy with our rep...
 
For those who have already made the purchase --

Does it actually list the OS included, or does it say something like Windows Vista Ultimate 'coupon'?
 
I remember reading about us getting RC1 or RC2 discs first to get the packages out and then they will send us the retail when it is available. I think that coupons would get copied and they would run into issues with them.
 
To the people that have been verified by email, what exactly have you done? Just scan a pay stub and email it, or is there a form your filling out too.

Thanks
 
There is a form you have to print out, fill out (it's basically a fax cover letter), and fax that in along with a copy or printout of your paystub.
I think it pop's up in .pdf format so make sure you're not blocking it (this is when you are signed into your account on the retailedge website and you click on the purchase program, I think). Also, Firefox, Opera and other internet browsers may automatically filter this so try it with IE.
 
alceryes said:
There is a form you have to print out, fill out (it's basically a fax cover letter), and fax that in along with a copy or printout of your paystub.
I think it pop's up in .pdf format so make sure you're not blocking it (this is when you are signed into your account on the retailedge website and you click on the purchase program, I think). Also, Firefox, Opera and other internet browsers may automatically filter this so try it with IE.
I can't find it.
Anyone save a copy?
 
Just curious, but did many of you participated in this program last year? It seems I have the most abnormally short verification since I haven't gone to any of their live events recently and I only had to send in the verification last year. For some particular reason, they verified my "employment" (or lack thereof in reality) in about 1 minute. Anyone know how their processing stages work?
 
I just quite working at compusa, and moved out of the country, anyone want to send me the fax of their paystub in email?, and put white boxes over their names and email it to me, so I can email it in, thanks!
 
Dethman said:
I just quite working at compusa, and moved out of the country, anyone want to send me the fax of their paystub in email?, and put white boxes over their names and email it to me, so I can email it in, thanks!

... I'm pretty sure they're going to want to match the name on the paystub to the name of the requestor (you). You cant just mark out the name and send in someone else's paystub.
 
with photoshop I can...i worked there up until oct1..if they call, all the managers know what to tell him, but if they call in 8 weeks like it says..people change there so much, i would hate to loose on the deal because of that
 
Sick... my order is placed... the verification process is pretty fast ... at least for me...
I faxed my form+paystub at about 2:00 today and less than 3 hours later, I was verified...

Can't wait!
 
anybody got tracking numbers yet ?


when are they supposed to start shipping these things
 
Not to threadjack, but is there any possibility of overclocking the Intel boards we are getting?
 
Wow this was the fastest verification ever for me. Last year, I was qualified in October but had to wait till February to get verified. I faxed my information in and was verified the next day and then I ordered. Kudos to Intel for having such a speedy verification this year.
 
Seems going to the live event didn't speed up registration at all for myself or others from our store :mad:

Intel never showed at the event; just HP actually, as it was a joint training event, so i suppose that could be part of the delay.

I'm gonna try faxing the form tomorrow, since i'm tired of waiting.

Thanx for hosting that form guys.
 
Thanks for the form guys...I must be a tool 'cause I can't find it on the page.

Thanks again.
 
Mysteriouskk said:
Does intel charge my debit card right now, or will they do it right before its shipped?

they dont charge your card until they ship it to you.
 
todlerix said:

Just so you know, that was a great help. I couldn't get any response to the email sub forms but I faxed that yesterday morning and was confirmed last night. I ordered this morning, although the anticipated ship date was 6 to 8 weeks. I wish they would just forget the RC discs and ship product, but oh well I can't complain for the money! :cool:
 
Ordered mine last night.

I did the UPS overnight shipping option and it came to like $248 all together. Then i realized intel will still take 2 months to ship it :rolleyes:
 
Mysteriouskk said:
Am I guaranteed a bundle if I order right now? When do they start shipping everything?

Bundle guarantees go by your chip counts. If you are above 12000 chips then you are guaranteed a bundle. If not, you are placed in a pool of bundles available to anyone with more than the minimum number of chips to participate.

Allanon said:
possibility of overclocking the Intel boards
Close to zero possibility. This board is no BadAxe.
 
I am trying to figure out what to do now....

I am currently studying in India for 4 months, but I have been with Best Buy for over 3 years and plan to stay with them at least till May 2007 or later....

The problem comes is that my last paystub is from Aug 13th 2006, and i will not have another till at least the 1st of the year after i get back...

So do i even qualify? (i am still on the books at Best Buy) How the hell do I verify?
Any ideas?

I asked a buddy to see if they could put 5 minutes on the payroll for me so i get a new paystub... but i am not sure if that will fly....
 
Back
Top