Intel Core i9-11900K "Rocket Lake" Boosts Up To 5.30 GHz, Say Rumored Specs

erek

Supreme [H]ardness
Funny how Amd comes around and owns Intels ass and all the sudden intel is finding 20 percent uplift on one release. Where as before it was a 5 percent or so year after year.
how'd they find it?

oldmanbal

2[H]4U
Looks like the real world promises of 'up to 19% ipc gains' fall flat. The direct quote from Intel Via Anandtech on gaming is as follows, remember this is direct from INTEL:

"For performance, Intel is claiming a +2% to +9% gain in average frame rates in a variety of modern games (Gears of War 5, Cyberpunk 2077, Watchdogs Legion, Farcry New Dawn) at 1080p in either High or Ultra settings." -Anandtech

full article here: https://www.anandtech.com/show/1639...-rocket-lake-core-i911900k-and-z590-coming-q1

If Intels own forecast holds true, this is a huge letdown from expectations.

Ready4Dis

2[H]4U
+2% with a 5.3ghz boost frequency... What's this say about the purported IPC increase? I really expected Intel to start swinging back again by now, seems it'll be another year at least.

1_rick

[H]ard|Gawd
Looks like the real world promises of 'up to 19% ipc gains' fall flat. The direct quote from Intel Via Anandtech on gaming is as follows, remember this is direct from INTEL:

"For performance, Intel is claiming a +2% to +9% gain in average frame rates in a variety of modern games (Gears of War 5, Cyberpunk 2077, Watchdogs Legion, Farcry New Dawn) at 1080p in either High or Ultra settings." -Anandtech

full article here: https://www.anandtech.com/show/1639...-rocket-lake-core-i911900k-and-z590-coming-q1

If Intels own forecast holds true, this is a huge letdown from expectations.
Hey, +2 to +9 percent is "up to 19%", but we all knew that going in.

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
erek again, slides,provided by Intel, of course they will make their product look good, not actual real life benchmarks run by an actual reputable websites. Wait until they are in the hands of real people to test them.

Lakados

2[H]4U
Funny how Amd comes around and owns Intels ass and all the sudden intel is finding 20 percent uplift on one release. Where as before it was a 5 percent or so year after year.
Well, it is a new architecture, so this isn't just their slight product refresh. So I am hoping that this is essentially V1 for whatever they are coming up with for their future mass-produced 10nm stuff.

N4CR

Supreme [H]ardness
erek again, slides,provided by Intel, of course they will make their product look good, not actual real life benchmarks run by an actual reputable websites. Wait until they are in the hands of real people to test them.
Pretty sure they only used that one 'popular benchmark game' that they already beat AMD in currently for some of their amazing numbers xD

Mega6

2[H]4U
Well, it is a new architecture, so this isn't just their slight product refresh. So I am hoping that this is essentially V1 for whatever they are coming up with for their future mass-produced 10nm stuff.
Intels "up to 19 percent" comes out of thin air and their own gaming benchmarks are 2-8 percent so this 19 looks to be marketing hype or a hidden one off benchmark at best. Certainly not backed up by any "published" benchmarks in the intel press releases so far.

Last edited:

Mosie100

Limp Gawd
Looking forward to seeing these price points for 11th Gen CPUs and the actual benchamrks.
To echo what other people seem to be saying, I'm holding onto my 9700k because the 10th gen had no noticeable difference on gaming whatsoever.

Domingo

Fully [H]
I'm still more than happy with my OC'd 8700k. I'm gaming at 4K, so it's not like the processor really matters anyway. Unless you're rocking a 6-series there isn't much motivation to upgrade to either side outside of PCIE 4.0. For gaming at least. I wouldn't mind having something juicier for work.