Intel CEO Brian Krzanich Out Over Relationship With Former Employee

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
This is a sad way for a career to end. Intel CEO Brian Krzanich has resigned as the CEO and as a member on the company's board. The reason given was his relationship with a former employee of the company. Why can't these dudes keep their stuff where it belongs? Regardless of the reason it's good to see him gone since Intel has been spinning their wheels with him in charge. Hopefully the next person gets things moving forward again.

There is an ongoing investigation by both internal and external counsel into the matter, the company said, which has confirmed that Krzanich violated Intel’s non-fraternization policy – a code of conduct it says applies to all managers.

Last edited:
Intel went downhill a lot during the hiring binge of the late-90's.
The famous culture that made it great, constructive confrontation, was dead when I left just over a decade ago.
Now it's just another bureaucratic mega-corp, and it shows in the product stack.

This is a sad way for a career to end. Intel CEO Brian Krzanich has resigned as the CEO and as a member on the company's board. The reason given was his relationship with a former employee of the company. Why can't these dudes keep their stuff where it belongs? Regardless of the reason it's good to see him gone since Intel has been spinning their wheels with him in charge. Hopefully the next person gets things moving forward again.

There is an ongoing investigation by both internal and external counsel into the matter, the company said, which has confirmed that Krzanich violated Intel’s non-fraternization policy – a code of conduct it says applies to all managers.

Raja is probably like:

2cmsww.jpg

Not surprised. Long overdue. He has been terrible, though.

I for one think non-fraternization policies are a great thing and wish all companies had them.

This is not an issue of harassment. Even consensual flirtation (or more) have no place in the workplace. Keep it professional. Consider coworkers and employees of suppliers, clients or customers to all be fellow productivity robots.

In the immortal words of Tony Soprano, don't shit where you eat.

This is so fucking disappointing... not even a single pic of his side chick? She must be next level gorgeous to ruin this gig.
You'd be surprised how plain some of the women look who these high level guys give up everything for.

Hopefully the next CEO will focus on desktop processors instead of treating them like a never ending cash cow.

I for one think non-fraternization policies are a great thing and wish all companies had them.

This is not an issue of harassment. Even consensual flirtation (or more) have no place in the workplace. Keep it professional. Consider coworkers and employees of suppliers, clients or customers to all be fellow productivity robots.

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

I resisted for a long time, then caved and dipped the dixie out of that company ink.

We're human, and sometimes work is the best place to bump into like-minded people. It's where we spend most of our waking hours. That being said, neither of us were in management.

That ink was amazing.

I really doubt this guys life is ruined. He resigned for boning a subordinate. Ok great. Yea he's not getting his golden parachute. But really.. you think this guy is pennyless or destitute or hell.. not even banking 10-20 million a year on stock returns? Come on the gig is just something for him to do to inflate his ego. Now he can focus that on his lover. Wooo good for him. Once he gets bored and needs a thrill he will either start his own company or get a c level job for another.

This wasn't "im going to walk away", this was "you have been jacking around with some hoe and we don't want our leadership doing that so you gota to go. Please resign or we make it worse."
CEO's typically don't get fired they get the chance to "resign".

Doesn't work like that. They don't resign and walk away with nothing.

I really doubt this guys life is ruined.

Financially no. But I think it unlikely he'll ever be a CEO again, at least nothing beyond a smaller company. And even then there's the stigma of this ignominious departure that will keep people away.

This is so fucking disappointing... not even a single pic of his side chick?
You're assuming, like most others here, that it was a woman.
The article didn't say, but most of Intel's employees are men ...

Eh, Sparky beat me to the point by a few seconds. :p

This guy sucked as CEO. My wife still works there, and the management decisions they make are baffling.

10nm delayed yet again? Don't bother replacing the people that have been at the helm of that sinking ship since 2012, just lay off more employees!

10 year old catastrophic flaw baked into the design? Outsource more design teams to India!

This guy sucked as CEO. My wife still works there, and the management decisions they make are baffling.

10nm delayed yet again? Don't bother replacing the people that have been at the helm of that sinking ship since 2012, just lay off more employees!

10 year old catastrophic flaw baked into the design? Outsource more design teams to India!

I can see both sides, yes dating in the workplace can cause issues and between management and staff yes it's an issue. Having said that I met my wife of 19 years at work so...

Doesn't work like that. They don't resign and walk away with nothing.
Not sure what you are saying because it seems pretty much what I said. The board said "you need to leave" and he's walking out the door. He will get a golden parachute as he leaves.....they always do.
He didn't get "fired", he was told to go.

Non-fraternization or a No Dating Policy violation does not mean a non-consensual or pressured relationship at the time. It just means it creates a situation where it could happen and against company policy because they don't want to be pulled into court innocent or not.

Then there's people who want to kill romance office or otherwise because they'll likely never be involved in one. Easier to feel better about losing the mate selection competition if you kill it for everyone else.

Then there's people who want to kill romance office or otherwise because they'll likely never be involved in one. Easier to feel better about losing the mate selection competition if you kill it for everyone else.

And you couldn't make a better point as to why these policies exist. A workplace full of romantic jealousy and envy, who wouldn't want to work there? /s

And you couldn't make a better point as to why these policies exist. A workplace full of romantic jealousy and envy, who wouldn't want to work there? /s

THese policies do nothing to stop that. That still happens but its just kept quite. You would be surprised how many affairs/hookups etc happen in the modern office...

A golden parachute won't make up for divorce court.

How do you know his wife wasnt ok with it? Maybe she even participated?

This wasn't "im going to walk away", this was "you have been jacking around with some hoe and we don't want our leadership doing that so you gota to go. Please resign or we make it worse."
CEO's typically don't get fired they get the chance to "resign".

This.

When you are at this level no matter what your screw up they usually have an exit party for you at the company and bid you farewell.

At the levels below this where the normal humans work you just get called in the HR office then walked out the door and they ship your stuff at your desk to you.

THese policies do nothing to stop that. That still happens but its just kept quite. You would be surprised how many affairs/hookups etc happen in the modern office...

Of course but they add the risk of losing one's job so it helps. People are going to do what they are going to do but when it comes to work and business most people do not want to deal with others' romantic BS while trying to make a living.

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. Get all the money, make the big decisions, make excuses when your decisions suck, or somehow bend them around to look like good decisions to the investors. Bang a chick on the side, and then still get your golden parachute.. reture.

Back