Ikea desk gallery

Back on topic....

Older pic though

24d22a9.jpg

indeed. ppl like ikea because

1. minimalist [H]
2. leaves the focus where it needs to be...on the gear

@Gunfire: thats a beautiful desk. And the lamp turned towards the wall gives a very nice lighting effect

Anyone with the Galant corner desk, left or right it doesn't matter, can you please measure the sections I highlighted in red?

Just to clarify, I need the depth of the side that is 47" long. The depth from the corner of the desk to the center inside curve. And also the depth of the 63" long side.

Thanks! :D

1695255867m.jpg

I have a q about the Galant desk. Could you theoretically extend the desk to whatever length you wanted to?

I think so, as long as you buy more of the extending pieces and piece if together. However, I wouldn't make it go too long as the table's weight is pretty much supported by the bars that interconnect each piece. Maybe if you were to add more legs for more support, then maybe..

I have a q about the Galant desk. Could you theoretically extend the desk to whatever length you wanted to?

Yes according to the sales person at Ikea. They sold me it can be as big as you want, just buy more pieces and attach it all together.
Each piece can be bought independently.

Pretty much, you just have to buy the half-round extension frame for the bars. It's recommended to add a leg or 2 in the middle just incase but I opted to go without the leg. Still very sturdy in the center.

I have a Galant Corner Desk-Right with the small 31" extension attached to the right, and then I added a full size 63" galant desk attached to the left of the corner desk. Making it one very long Galant.

Hey, do you guys know where I could pick up just a straight up wooden table and four legs from ikea? I checked on Ikea's american website, but the vika amons (the ones that would apparently work best for me) aren't up there...

Ideal size would be somewhere around 30" by 60", but more depth would not hurt.

Anyone with the Galant corner desk, left or right it doesn't matter, can you please measure the sections I highlighted in red?

Just to clarify, I need the depth of the side that is 47" long. The depth from the corner of the desk to the center inside curve. And also the depth of the 63" long side.

Thanks! :D

http://img602.imageshack.us/img602/4720/1695255867m.jpg

The dimensions are 23 5/8", 45 3/4" and 31 1/2"

^ THANKS a lot

But I decided to go against the Galant corner desk and instead go with the Vika Amon tables. They were on sale, couldn't pass it up. :D I think it turned out pretty nice. I have more desk room than the Galant could have gave me and it was a quarter of the cost.

2x Vika Amon black/brown table tops 47" x 23"
8x Vika Curry black legs 28"
1x Micke black/brown/white drawer on casters

IMG00037-20101223-1048.jpg

^ THANKS a lot

But I decided to go against the Galant corner desk and instead go with the Vika Amon tables. They were on sale, couldn't pass it up. :D I think it turned out pretty nice. I have more desk room than the Galant could have gave me and it was a quarter of the cost.

2x Vika Amon black/brown table tops 47" x 23"
8x Vika Curry black legs 28"
1x Micke black/brown/white drawer on casters

IMG00037-20101223-1048.jpg

It's great that your happy with your setup, but sorry, there is no way the Vika Amon has more room to offer than the Galant. No way.

EyefinityDesktop-1.jpg

Looks good, and definitely a great solution if you were able to snatch some of the pieces at a fraction of the regular cost ... but there's something about not having that leg in the corner of the desk :D ... probably not an issue for you, as it does not seem that you're planning to sit facing the laptop side of the desk.

It's great that your happy with your setup, but sorry, there is no way the Vika Amon has more room to offer than the Galant. No way.

EyefinityDesktop-1.jpg

Oh I wasn't considering the add-on half circle corner pieces. Just the main section of the desk.

4863hfj_27.jpeg

Nice computer case btw, looks familiar lol..

I just recently purchased the one that i have, honestly if you can find one jump on it, even the replacement Fredrik isn't bad it's just not as deep but also not as awesome, http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/ is a pretty good resource for all crazy things ikea and they even have a few ideas for desks, otherwise if you have a friend or relative near an ikea ask them if they would help you out? Either way it's a great desk and best of luck to you finding one!

I just recently purchased the one that i have, honestly if you can find one jump on it, even the replacement Fredrik isn't bad it's just not as deep but also not as awesome, http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/ is a pretty good resource for all crazy things ikea and they even have a few ideas for desks, otherwise if you have a friend or relative near an ikea ask them if they would help you out? Either way it's a great desk and best of luck to you finding one!

Are those 24 or 30" monitors?

They are 30" monitors.

they are not 30"s that is for sure... compare them to the keyboard ;)

24ish seems about right

Incorrect. These are Dell 3007WFP-HC's. I'm not sure how you concluded otherwise. Especially based on the keyboard. In fact, the two open RDP windows visible in the pics are running at 1920x1200. Exactly the resolution a 24" monitor would typically use.

DdmJJ.jpg

XMZ8t.jpg

Zpu9Y.jpg

ztVSP.jpg

yPGA9.jpg

jeVDP.jpg

mRfWy.jpg

Macbook Air 2010 13" 4GB 128GB SSD
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz Nvidia 8800GS 4GB DDR2 500GB HDD
Interior from IKEA

i have the fredrick desk..what would be a good desk to use to add to the fredrik for a corner part of the room. im thinking about just adding another fredrik without the top part

well i got everything i need for my ushape ikea galant in birch except one more right frame desk. wish me luck :D.

Back