Ick nicehash down

Well, according to MiningPoolHubStats website I've mined $5.64 in the past 24 hours. This is with a single 390X.

Having a tough time believing that, though it's possible. I used to average $2-3 per day with NiceHash on the same card. If those stats are true then, shit, I'm a happy camper.

I've been averaging $10-$15/day on MPH with multipoolminer on 2x pc's and awesome miner on 1x, this is about double what I was making on nicehash.

If you include the fact that I've been auto converting to LTC I've made about $20-$25/day since I switched.

That API seems to be missing my awesome miner stuff but getting my SMOS miners just fine. When I look over the dashboard of the specific coin being mined it appears the miner shows up but the speed does not. Shares are showing up.

That API seems to be missing my awesome miner stuff but getting my SMOS miners just fine. When I look over the dashboard of the specific coin being mined it appears the miner shows up but the speed does not. Shares are showing up.

I've found that I have to manually add the workers to each coin's page for them to track

I've found that I have to manually add the workers to each coin's page for them to track

Yeah, it's supposed to create the workers automagically, but it's not terribly reliable in doing so.

Been using sniffdogminer, and it's better than the others so far... looks to be very stable as well.

Is it just me or is everyone else's coins just stacking up in "On Exchange" on MPH? Nothing has moved today. Just watched all of my coin balances grow.

same for me, just mining monero there at the moment.
Mine has moved today, some of the coins are now zero whereas before it had some.

Now my Radeon 290 is outperforming my Nano :watching:, indicating $3.73/day and it held that for over an hour. Nano a little bit over $3/day. Same driver, using Awesome Miner and MPH. The two 1070's about $8/day and the 1080Ti around $6.50/day. Vega is around $4.50. It is so volatile though. I pretty much mine specific coins with Awesome miner switching them up every day.

It seems that if NiceHash is down, everyone wins.
I don't know but for sure I will use Awesome Miner to see if I am getting the best rates and also learn multipool miner is my next step. For now I can't seem to get anything decent with CPU mining while NiceHash gave some great rates.

We just have to see what Nicehash is going to do in the end if they ever even come back online.

That just doesn't seem worth it.

Seems like it's not taxing my CPU as hard as it potentially could. 100% load, but only pulling about 45 watts. Maybe costing me about $0.11 a day in electricity while earning about $0.30 0 0.40 a day in coin per CPU. Not going to make or break me, but still a small profit. 3x 4670K's giving about $1.50 a day total, plus a Ryzen 7 1800X giving me about $1.20 a day.

I stopped scripting H265 converting my movie library which was really taxing my CPU's. Can only imaging what that was costing me a month in power.

It all adds up.

So, I'm running in to an issue with Awesome Miner running sgminer for Neoscrypt. Only Neosccrypt, other algos run fine with sgminer.

12/15/2017 10:09:24 AM.202 [023] [E]Failed to process API request (time: 1002 ms): {"command":"config"}
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:4029
12/15/2017 10:09:25 AM.050 [004] [E]Failed to process API request (time: 1001 ms): {"command":"quit"}
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:4029
12/15/2017 10:09:26 AM.051 [004] [ManagedMiner#4 - My Profit Miner] Performing stop
12/15/2017 10:09:26 AM.051 [004] [ManagedMiner#4 - My Profit Miner] Stopping Mining Software
12/15/2017 10:09:26 AM.051 [004] Closing process
12/15/2017 10:09:27 AM.052 [004] Process closed

I've tried disabling windows firewall, changing the API port in the awesome.conf file (but it gets over-written each time sgminer is launched). Not sure what else to do at this point. I did a netstat and nothing else is using port 4029 on my machines.

I am always a day late and a buck short but this week I got AM + MPH up on a single 1070; trying this for kicks and grins and to see what it's all about TBH.

After some teething pains I have gotten stats now on MPH Stats, autoconverting to ETH and using some tips here in this thread it's reporting approx $5.35/day. It sure doesn't feel that way (but it would be kickass if it is true) so I will try some manual observation to see how it goes, looking at the autconvert balance makes it that much more challenging though.

I did come to the understanding that behind the scenes with NH we are more akin to selling power, while with MPH we are closer to mining directly so some luck is part of the equation.

Some things I'm still trying to wrap my brain around:

- Just me or is AM's autoswitch feel like shooting in the dark. Why would it bother to mine Equihash for $3.91/day while Lyr2Rev2 is say $4.51/day?
- Is it possible to get the AM to auto re-launch and start mining on reboot?
- Atuoconvert... what happens if you decide to switch from say ETH to VTC as your auto exch currency part of the way through?
- Aren't we subject to fees on fees due to autoconvert? I suppose NH was more or less the same but we have more control with MPH.

Last edited:
I am always a day late and a buck short but this week I got AM + MPH up on a single 1070; trying this for kicks and grins and to see what it's all about TBH.

After some teething pains I have gotten stats now on MPH Stats, autoconverting to ETH and using some tips here in this thread it's reporting approx $5.35/day. It sure doesn't feel that way (but it would be kickass if it is true) so I will try some manual observation to see how it goes, looking at the autconvert balance makes it that much more challenging though.

I did come to the understanding that behind the scenes with NH we are more akin to selling power, while with MPH we are closer to mining directly so some luck is part of the equation.

- Just me or is AM's autoswitch feel like shooting in the dark. Why would it bother to mine Equihash for $3.91/day while Lyr2Rev2 is say $4.51/day?
- Atuoconvert... what happens if you decide to switch from say ETH to VTC as your auto exch currency part of the way through?
- Aren't we subject to fees on fees due to autoconvert? I suppose NH was more or less the same but we have more control with MPH.
Run precise benchmark and don't forget to save then I forgot where but there's a % diff for changing which I set to either 3 or 5% and I have it check every 5 minutes. Stock is either 30 or 60 minutes between checks on profitability. This means it checks more often and only changes when there's a real change in value.

Don't forget that MPH pays based on PPLNS. So, even if another coin is suddenly more profitable you are better off mining the coin you are currently on for at least another 30 minutes or you may lose out on those block rewards. Too much switching too often will result in less coins earned.

I would recommend looking at whattomine.com at whats been most profitable for last 7 days for your card. here is a link.

I've got a 1070 mining and i've had it on equihash, about $3-$3.50/day average for last week. Probably going to switch it to neoscrpyt. When i left it auto switching I was making about $2.75/day from it. AM is pretty terrible though imo.

Not sure if its true or not but i am doing 5.60 a day Mining ETC on my Threadripper 1920x

I would recommend looking at whattomine.com at whats been most profitable for last 7 days for your card. here is a link.

I've got a 1070 mining and i've had it on equihash, about $3-$3.50/day average for last week. Probably going to switch it to neoscrpyt. When i left it auto switching I was making about $2.75/day from it. AM is pretty terrible though imo.

Do you ever get rejects with your 1070 when on equihash? For some reason I get like 10-12% rejects when on equihash with my 1070, but every other algorithm works fine so I disabled equihash on my 1070 system. My Titan X does fine on everything though.

Do you ever get rejects with your 1070 when on equihash? For some reason I get like 10-12% rejects when on equihash with my 1070, but every other algorithm works fine so I disabled equihash on my 1070 system. My Titan X does fine on everything though.

Only when I pushed the card too hard. I had kboost lock on then overclocked it until i started to get rejects/crash. Since power usage isn't an issue for me (using cards to heat house and its a little chilly in here) i'd bump voltage until stable and repeat.

I've got very few rejects (<5%) on my 1070s/1070 Tis w/ Equihash on MPH.

Im using Winminer.

It's the only alternative to NiceHash for an idiot like me.

Doing something like $1.85 to $2.30 on my 1060 3gb mining shitcoins.

Guess in a couple weeks I'll find out if I can directly convert them into cash in my PayPal account or have to somehow convert them all...

Im using Winminer.

It's the only alternative to NiceHash for an idiot like me.

Doing something like $1.85 to $2.30 on my 1060 3gb mining shitcoins.

Guess in a couple weeks I'll find out if I can directly convert them into cash in my PayPal account or have to somehow convert them all...

Try Awesome Miner if you have to have a user interface. It works OK and pays better than WinMiner as you get paid in coins through a site like MultiPoolHub instead of USD that's static. Personally I'm using AwesomeMiner, MultiPoolMiner, and SniffDogMiner on 4 different machines, just depending on what works best for each.

Try Awesome Miner if you have to have a user interface. It works OK and pays better than WinMiner as you get paid in coins through a site like MultiPoolHub instead of USD that's static. Personally I'm using AwesomeMiner, MultiPoolMiner, and SniffDogMiner on 4 different machines, just depending on what works best for each.

Wait, can you expound upon the USD static thing?

I tried awesomeminer but I'll be damned if I could figure it out. Pools, algorithms, blah blah.
This is just a hobby.

Winminer doesn't pay you in coins. They have some proprietary algorithm that decides how much your work is worth and you develop a USD balance which you can then transfer as PayPal, btc, ltc, and a few other things. So if there is a jump in coins, you don't get anything more since you have USD instead of coins.

So, I'm running in to an issue with Awesome Miner running sgminer for Neoscrypt. Only Neosccrypt, other algos run fine with sgminer.

12/15/2017 10:09:24 AM.202 [023] [E]Failed to process API request (time: 1002 ms): {"command":"config"}
12/15/2017 10:09:25 AM.050 [004] [E]Failed to process API request (time: 1001 ms): {"command":"quit"}
12/15/2017 10:09:26 AM.051 [004] [ManagedMiner#4 - My Profit Miner] Performing stop
12/15/2017 10:09:26 AM.051 [004] [ManagedMiner#4 - My Profit Miner] Stopping Mining Software
12/15/2017 10:09:26 AM.051 [004] Closing process
12/15/2017 10:09:27 AM.052 [004] Process closed

I've tried disabling windows firewall, changing the API port in the awesome.conf file (but it gets over-written each time sgminer is launched). Not sure what else to do at this point. I did a netstat and nothing else is using port 4029 on my machines.

did you ever get neoscrypt with sgminer and awesome miner working? i have a RX 480 in my rig and this is the only algo i can't get working either. every time i try and run it sgminer launches and then errors out with a windows closing the program error. running the diagnostics doesn't give me any clues and google hasn't been any help. i can use sgminer to do other algos just not this one.

did you ever get neoscrypt with sgminer and awesome miner working? i have a RX 480 in my rig and this is the only algo i can't get working either. every time i try and run it sgminer launches and then errors out with a windows closing the program error. running the diagnostics doesn't give me any clues and google hasn't been any help. i can use sgminer to do other algos just not this one.

Nope. I took the algo out of rotation.

Nope. I took the algo out of rotation.

damn, i did the same :/ my lone AMD card basically just does eth+sia and monero. every once in awhile equihash. not even sure if it would ever switch to neoscrypt even if i could get it working.

I'm glad it went away. I found AwesomeMiner instead and it's producing way more than NH ever did for me.

I'm going to install awesomeminer tomorrow and see what it's all about. If I can dial it in and have a mostly hands off approach without spending all night figuring out how to set it up, I'll be a happy camper.

I'm glad it went away. I found AwesomeMiner instead and it's producing way more than NH ever did for me.
Only because nicehash’s huge workforce dropped out.

I believe Nicehash was more profitable than awesome miner when they were running at the same time according to what I saw on whattomine for months of observation. I expect that your/my profits with awesome miner will drop heavily over the next few days/weeks as nicehash puts itself and its clientele back together.

Only because nicehash’s huge workforce dropped out.

I believe Nicehash was more profitable than awesome miner when they were running at the same time according to what I saw on whattomine for months of observation. I expect that your/my profits with awesome miner will drop heavily over the next few days/weeks as nicehash puts itself and its clientele back together.

I guess we'll have to see. I prefer the options that Awesome has and the multiple miner management is fantastic too. We'll see about profitability...I was planning on dumping some serious money on cards depending on how my test rig of 3x1080ti did over ~30 days.

Back