Ick nicehash down

Minergate appears to be working well for my rig with 12 1060 cards. Eth hash rate is 270 MH/s which is about right. On their dashboard it appears to be accruing as expected. They say I can cash out in the coin I mine directly. What’s the beef?

As far as winminer I’ve ever used it. A friend tried it the other day and says he can’t uninstall it. It keeps coming back. :eek:

The beef is in actually getting cashed out. May take months from what I've read, no personal experience.

Looks like wimminer is based in israel so expect mil spec malware....and getting screwed on payment. again no personal experience with them.

The beef is in actually getting cashed out. May take months from what I've read, no personal experience.

Looks like wimminer is based in israel so expect mil spec malware....and getting screwed on payment. again no personal experience with them.
i pointed several rigs at them for a short time testing the software and for sure its complete trash.

I have only been using nice hash to mine using my 1950X and Vega 64's. Was using MPH and awesome miner for my Nvidia rig. Here's a guide. I was doing great the day the service went down from the increased output. I still want my .0246BTC I'm owed by NiceHash though.

Here's a guide for anyone wondering how to get setup.

add a worker and map that worker to the split you want

Why do they limit the algos to like five in a batch? I'd just like open season - use anything and just follow the highs as I want to use the autoexchange feature anyway.

Also - is there a way to see my rig is active at MPH? I can see accrued coin in balances, but I guess I'm blind because I don't see a place to see active hub workers and what they are contributing live???

Why do they limit the algos to like five in a batch? I'd just like open season - use anything and just follow the highs as I want to use the autoexchange feature anyway.

Also - is there a way to see my rig is active at MPH? I can see accrued coin in balances, but I guess I'm blind because I don't see a place to see active hub workers and what they are contributing live???

They're working on one page miner dashboard, but for now you have to go to each coins page and check the dashboards there. Some aglo's mine more than one type of coin, so you have to check to see which coin is being mined by that algo if you're using an auto-switching port.

upload_2017-12-8_22-7-40.png

There's one option for both AMD and Nvidia that has pretty much all of the supported algos.
upload_2017-12-8_22-5-53.png

They're working on one page miner dashboard, but for now you have to go to each coins page and check the dashboards there. Some aglo's mine more than one type of coin, so you have to check to see which coin is being mined by that algo if you're using an auto-switching port.

View attachment 45790

There's one option for both AMD and Nvidia that has pretty much all of the supported algos.
View attachment 45789
Man, not really. It’s missing Lyrav2 and cryptonite(6 spots above your screenprint) which are both very profitable! I’ve tried three different options since nicehash died and multiple pools. Say what you will about nice hash, but they really brought this all to another level. MPG or Minergate are the best alternates I’ve tried so far. Awesomeminer crashes a lot on my systems or just outright stops mining or drops cards. That wasn’t an issue with nicehash or minergate.

Man, not really. It’s missing Lyrav2 and cryptonite(6 spots above your screenprint) which are both very profitable! I’ve tried three different options since nicehash died and multiple pools. Say what you will about nice hash, but they really brought this all to another level. MPG or Minergate are the best alternates I’ve tried so far. Awesomeminer crashes a lot on my systems or just outright stops mining or drops cards. That wasn’t an issue with nicehash or minergate.

Oh you're right, I didn't even catch that.

I did have a problem with Nicehash legacy every couple of days where it would lock up and not switch algorithms, but whatever was being mined at the time kept going.

And then awesomeminer does pure crap choices like this gem.

I’ve caught it twice today doing nonsense jobs like this on my rigs. I never saw this with nicehash. Not once in four months.

12 cards. Total gross? 44 cents per day. Full power draw. C’mon man.

FBFDC469-55E2-4C81-AAD6-95E7775CC093.jpeg

And five minutes later it’s switched to this. That's more reasonable - but there should have not been any reason to ever go to a job that paid 44 total cents a day for 12 cards. That's a broken auto select algorithm mechanic for sure.
60A73279-348D-4C04-BF64-3C5BF907A5C4.jpeg

Last edited:
i turned all the less popular algos off in awesomeminer - and changed all my hub workers to accounts default job. We'll see if that helps the one off low alt-coin mining and the occasional lockups or card drops. I started to install multi pool miner briefly - but it only states it supports 6 cards in the readme. All three of my rigs have more than six cards.

I feel pretty damn good, I was able to get ethminer to work, and I finally got ccminer to work mining VTC... VTC seems more profitable but I don't want to throw away what I mined with ethminer, so I'll probably do that one until the .05 threshold and withdraw, then do VTC.. or do VTC until they halve (a week I think?) then go back and finish off the Ethminer...

Getting just over 35MH/S mining VTC on a 1070 :)

AwesomeMiner is very configurable, even if to a fault.

Some of the things i've had to do:

1. Explicitly configure the individual miners for algos i want it to handle
2. Benchmark precise more than a few times
3. Turn the stats update interval way down (2 min from 30)
4. Configure as many multipools as possible (Zpool / MPH / GranatGas / Hash Refinery) to ensure i get maximum algo spreads
5. Drop the profit switching interval way low (like 1 min) but increased the % margin from 1 to 3%.

I really really appreciate what Nicehash did though. This configuration / manual business is fine, but the nicehash software was pretty damn next-level.

Definitely going to go back to NH once they come back up.

Last edited:
AwesomeMiner is very configurable, even if to a fault.

Some of the things i've had to do:

1. Explicitly configure the individual miners for algos i want it to handle
2. Benchmark precise more than a few times
3. Turn the stats update interval way down (2 min from 30)
4. Configure as many multipools as possible (Zpool / MPH / GranatGas / Hash Refinery) to ensure i get maximum algo spreads
5. Drop the profit switching interval way low (like 1 min)

I really really appreciate what Nicehash did though. This configuration / manual business is fine, but the nicehash software was pretty damn next-level.

Definitely going to go back to NH once they come back up.

one of my rigs has seven 1080TI in it. It keeps crashing with Awesome mininer. Bluescreening in fact.

I never had that happen with nicehash. You seeing anything like that? Must be an algo it doesn't like or something??? I've continually disabled down to just about 8 - haven't figured out which one it is yet.

Archaea no bluesceening behaviour i've seen across 16 1070s.

How much virtual memory are you making available?

I am using the provided Claymore Dual Eth miner (10.2), CcMiner (2.2.2) and DSTMs I am not using CCMiner Alexis.

Note that i've sorted by Enabled/Disabled.

Here is my Claymore Dual enabled/disabled algos:
CM.png

For CCMiner:
CC.png

NV Driver Version is 388.13 / Win10 x64 / 4GB ram / 65536mb virtual ram for either rig.

in addition to these checked, I'm also enabled skunkhash, x11, and x11gost. Disabling the crap algos helped my stability.

I followed your advice to lower the autoswitch and set them to 15 minutes or 20% I know some of these algos take a few minutes to get up to speed and I didn't want to waste time switching algos for a 1% (default when enabled) profit differential. I figured I'd probably lose that profit difference in the time it idles down to switch.

I have 250GB SSDs - and each of my rigs has a 120GB manually set page file. Somewhere along the line I heard you were supposed to make your page file the size of all your GPU memory + physical RAM. I have 8GB of RAM, Windows 10, fairly new nvida driver if not newest, (at most 3 weeks old), and Windows 10 1709 creators update. I appreciate your thoughtful response above. It's nice when people share information in the crypto community.

upload_2017-12-9_12-22-47.png

Archaea Thanks. Always glad to share the knowledge and help out.

Your hardware / software setup seems solid, if not better than mine. I'm only running 4GB ram / 65GB page file.

One thing though: your screenshot above - if you disable algos from that screen does it actually disable the coins from being mined? or does it disable those coins from being figured into profitability calculations?

My screenschots were from Options -> Managed Hosts -> Managed Software > (Your Miner) -> Edit button.

Did you enable / disable algos at that level for each miner you're using?

Archaea

One thing though: your screenshot above - if you disable algos from that screen does it actually disable the coins from being mined? or does it disable those coins from being figured into profitability calculations?

My screenschots were from Options -> Managed Hosts -> Managed Software > (Your Miner) -> Edit button.

Did you enable / disable algos at that level for each miner you're using?

I found the place i made the change sufficient to not switch to the unchecked algos.

Vertcoin has a One Click Miner which is pretty easy to use.. downloaded the Vertcoin Core Wallet to mine to, getting pretty good hashrates with NVidia cards. No AMD support yet

I didn't realize nicehash even had a wallet service, I use coinbase. So was it that all funds are in a temporary wallet until the cashout to external wallet date? Or were people using a 'nicehash wallet' that wasn't actually theirs, but just a part of a single bigger wallet?

I didn't realize nicehash even had a wallet service, I use coinbase. So was it that all funds are in a temporary wallet until the cashout to external wallet date? Or were people using a 'nicehash wallet' that wasn't actually theirs, but just a part of a single bigger wallet?

Both as Nicehash claims everything that wasn't their BTC was stolen.

Nicehash stated through Andrej on reddit in the last 24 hours that they are investigating giving all users back their coin. It'll be really nice, and unexpected if they do.

On MiningPoolHub, I can't confirm my miners are all working. I believe I've looked through the workers on every coin, and I can't find a couple of my rigs. Now they may be moving while I'm clicking through each one - but there surely is a way to see where they all are at any time? They are doing hashing for sure - using power, screen scrolling, but I can't find record of them actually in the algorithms they appear to be mining.

ryan_975 or atp1916 - any ideas?

Aweomeminer is configured to only use MPH right now. I've created all four workers, I've assigned them jobs, I only can see two of them in the coins I've assigned mining.
upload_2017-12-10_23-13-27.png

Nicehash stated through Andrej on reddit in the last 24 hours that they are investigating giving all users back their coin. It'll be really nice, and unexpected if they do.

Yea they seem to be making an effort to make things right. If u didn't u should check out their twitter feed. They have one where peeps where posting up their mining rig setup. Some of them are Monsters !! I mean like the size of my house!!
While others are more like what most on the board seems to be running. Its always interesting to see how others have stuff configured.

For instance:

3:
upload_2017-12-10_23-24-35.png

2:
upload_2017-12-10_23-28-15.png

1:
upload_2017-12-10_23-30-25.png

All are mining equihash right now. But I don't see all three mining equihash in MPH??? I only see rigs 1 and 2?

upload_2017-12-10_23-33-16.png

How does the MPH auto exchange work? I have it set to exchange for BTC and send to my wallet. Currently doing multi-algo auto mining. Does it add up all the coins you've mined to see if they meet the BTC threshold I've set?

How does the MPH auto exchange work? I have it set to exchange for BTC and send to my wallet. Currently doing multi-algo auto mining. Does it add up all the coins you've mined to see if they meet the BTC threshold I've set?

They'll send the coins you're mining to an exchange to be converted to BTC (or whatever coin you choose). I'm not sure of the threshold, but it seems to be pretty small.

Been reading flypool has quite a few fans. Reddit users say nonopool is skimming off the top. Still researching when I have time.

Been reading flypool has quite a few fans. Reddit users say nonopool is skimming off the top. Still researching when I have time.
due to all calculations being shit it would appear there's skimming at the top by all pools but it seems to be more related to orphan blocks or pool luck balance or something that may not be a pool skimming.

Something not quite right with Nanapool. I am going to pull my stuff from them and point it elsewhere

it was pretty dumb for whoever did it to take all the coins. They probably could have skimmed a few off and no one would have noticed.

did no one see Office space?

Maybe they did that, and then though "let's show them what we can" ;)
A lot of hackers love to show off.

it's kind of stupid. Any transactions out of that address are going to be monitored and a digital trail to ever last coin will exist. Those coins are pretty much useless at this point since no exchange is going to touch them.

it's kind of stupid. Any transactions out of that address are going to be monitored and a digital trail to ever last coin will exist. Those coins are pretty much useless at this point since no exchange is going to touch them.

what happened to the mt gox coins?

well the company formally filed for bankruptcy and everybody is going to be repaid at value at the time while there'a billion dollar wallet sitting there to be dispursed later making the guy who stole them a billionaire.

They recovered 200k of them and 650k were moved around a sold on exchanges before exchanges really monitored theft transactions.

As far as I know, and as far as what has been released, all the NH coins are sitting in one account. That account is being watched like a hawk from law enforcement agencies all over the world. Exchanges have been informed and will seize any coins coming from that address. Even if those coins get moved around all those transactions will be in the blockchain and the coins can be tracked. They've come a long way since mtgox in 2014.

Essentially makes $64M worth of BTC useless to those that took them.

They recovered 200k of them and 650k were moved around a sold on exchanges before exchanges really monitored theft transactions.

As far as I know, and as far as what has been released, all the NH coins are sitting in one account. That account is being watched like a hawk from law enforcement agencies all over the world. Exchanges have been informed and will seize any coins coming from that address. Even if those coins get moved around all those transactions will be in the blockchain and the coins can be tracked. They've come a long way since mtgox in 2014.

Essentially makes $64M worth of BTC useless to those that took them.
sorta. We have no confirmation of any of this... We don't really know authorities are involved and we don't really know exchanges are involved do we?

Are there really “authorities” that would monitor this? And if so, what jurisdiction do they have?

I suspect none. Even if the FBI or other large national government police forces were somehow involved (I doubt they are) they wouldn’t have jurisdiction where any smart criminal would go to withdraw?.?.?.
Which “authorities “ can seize from all the various crypto exchanges (based out of many different nations)?

....... and if the “authorities” can - doesn’t that sort of defeat a primary purpose of bitcoin? (that it is isn’t controlled by any particular federal agency or centralized power.)

Last edited:
Are there really “authorities” that would monitor this? And if so, what jurisdiction do they have?

I suspect none. Even if the FBI or other large national government police forces were somehow involved (I doubt they are) they wouldn’t have jurisdiction where any smart criminal would go to withdraw?.?.?.
Which “authorities “ can seize from all the various crypto exchanges (based out of many different nations)?

....... and if the “authorities” can - doesn’t that sort of defeat a primary purpose of bitcoin (that it is isn’t controlled by any particular federal agency or centralized power.)

Correct everything about this screams scam.

Back