Ick nicehash down

I'll probably use nice hash for CPU mining. I can't seem to get the CPU miners to run as well in their own. I've mined 3.63 XMR since nice hash went down and it's almost up to $400/coin so I'll stick with it for now.

did you ever get neoscrypt with sgminer and awesome miner working? i have a RX 480 in my rig and this is the only algo i can't get working either. every time i try and run it sgminer launches and then errors out with a windows closing the program error. running the diagnostics doesn't give me any clues and google hasn't been any help. i can use sgminer to do other algos just not this one.

Same issue for me on my rx 480 some alt coins wont mine right on sgminer but others will i just benchmarked all of them and removed the ones from profit switching if they failed the benchmark. I even went and tried mutiple versions of sgminer but always had the same issue it crashing building the bin on some coins.

thats good to know wish they would confirm miners would get their funds also that they had ready to be paid out.

thats good to know wish they would confirm miners would get their funds also that they had ready to be paid out.
they already did confirm that, and it's also mentioned in the last couple sentances in the reddit thread above - and linked. Both buyers and sellers of hash will be re-imbursed.

and on Feb 1 when they haven't restored anybody they'll say it'll all be taken care of april 1.

and on Feb 1 when they haven't restored anybody they'll say it'll all be taken care of april 1.
i think your wrong on this. I don't think it was an inside job, and I think nicehash has every reason to make this right -- they had a grand business model and were taking over the place -- -they need their buyers and sellers back.

With their model they connect Buyers and Sellers of hashing power, but no matter what the market does they make 6% off the top. (3% buy, 3% sell) -- no risk - all profit. (well no risk outside of hacking). 6% guaranteed profit no matter what the market does - up down or sideways is pretty darn good.

i think your wrong on this. I don't think it was an inside job, and I think nicehash has every reason to make this right -- they had a grand business model and were taking over the place -- -they need their buyers and sellers back.

With their model they connect Buyers and Sellers of hashing power, but no matter what the market does they make 6% off the top. (3% buy, 3% sell) -- no risk - all profit. (well no risk outside of hacking). 6% guaranteed profit no matter what the market does - up down or sideways is pretty darn good.
They are clearly not competent business people. Otherwise WHY would all of their funds be in one spot like that? Having to bring in outside investors for a relatively small sum in a 95% profit business model is insane.

they already did confirm that, and it's also mentioned in the last couple sentances in the reddit thread above - and linked. Both buyers and sellers of hash will be re-imbursed.

cool hope it happens if they do what they say gets them alot of respect from alot of people, they will need to do something with payouts or their wallets so this wont happen again.

They are clearly not competent business people. Otherwise WHY would all of their funds be in one spot like that? Having to bring in outside investors for a relatively small sum in a 95% profit business model is insane.

From what I saw of the transaction visualization, the hacker (whoever that might be) pulled from much more than one spot.

From what I saw of the transaction visualization, the hacker (whoever that might be) pulled from much more than one spot.

Group of hackers likely and alot of planning i don't think they thought it thru tho they will be spending years trying to move them if nicehash does not have them back already some people were saying some coins made it back into some old nicehash wallets.

{"result":{"current":[],"nh_wallet":false,"attack_written_off":0,"past":[],"payments":[],"attack_amount":"0.00794724"

I wants me coin.

I know how u feel !!! I fired up one system to mine on NH.
Their network was flaky. I was doing around 15.00 us a day for
two 1080tis.

I went back to my vertcoin pool after lossing server
connection.

AM + MPH is doing ok for me i suppose.

Switching only between Equihash / CryptoNote / Lyra2 / Neoscrypt has tamed the beast to an extent.

Doing about ~.01 a day with 15 1070s, 8 1070 Ti's, and 16 RX580s.

NH does have .04 btc i wouldn't mind getting back...

what are you nvidia guys doing for clock speed? Boost core and mem, drop power limit? Or...?

also, anything on the front of cpu mining in awesomeminer?

AM + MPH is doing ok for me i suppose.

Switching only between Equihash / CryptoNote / Lyra2 / Neoscrypt has tamed the beast to an extent.

Doing about ~.01 a day with 15 1070s, 8 1070 Ti's, and 16 RX580s.

NH does have .04 btc i wouldn't mind getting back...

My machines won't mine Lyra2 reliably for any length of time with Awesome Miner. With Nicehash client that was never a problem. Lyrarev2 after a hour or two just starts scrolling like mad and putting in fake skyhigh numbers. This on my 1060 rig and my 1080 rig. The other mainstream algos seem to work fine with awesome miner. And I agree with you - when I disabled all the crap algos my stability got a big boost.

My machines won't mine Lyra2 reliably for any length of time with Awesome Miner. With Nicehash client that was never a problem. Lyrarev2 after a hour or two just starts scrolling like mad and putting in fake skyhigh numbers. This on my 1060 rig and my 1080 rig. The other mainstream algos seem to work fine with awesome miner. And I agree with you - when I disabled all the crap algos my stability got a big boost.

Go to "Rules" and add a rule that will restart affected miner after 2-3 minutes of nothing being accepted by your pool. You'll lose a few minutes here and there, (my otherwise stable rigs seem to crash every few hours,) but it comes back quickly.

what are you nvidia guys doing for clock speed? Boost core and mem, drop power limit? Or...?

also, anything on the front of cpu mining in awesomeminer?

Not worth the power on my CPU, (7900X @ 5ghz)

I try to start my OCs for Pascal at +150 core, +500 mem and dial them back from there. Some cards seem to have no issues hitting that, while others choke a bit. I try to do a blanket overclock for the entire system, so right now I believe my 3x 1080ti rig is at +140/+445 and 80% power target.

Hey NiceHash....

hqdefault.jpg

Go to "Rules" and add a rule that will restart affected miner after 2-3 minutes of nothing being accepted by your pool. You'll lose a few minutes here and there, (my otherwise stable rigs seem to crash every few hours,) but it comes back quickly.
something like this? or did I miss what you are saying? Thanks for your help - this is big for me!
upload_2017-12-21_7-46-0.png

Yeah that's exactly what you need to do. Mine have notifications since I bought the software, emails me to let me know it crashed.

Just keep an eye on it, you may need to adjust based on the speed of your cards. Sometimes it may inadvertently restart the miner even though your cards are still actively working on a difficult equation.

Not worth the power on my CPU, (7900X @ 5ghz)

Mining a cryptonight coin (Monero, Electroneum, etc.) on CPU is still quite profitable. You should be able to run 6 threads on that CPU (1 thread per 2MB of cache). I'd imagine you'll get about 500h/s for around 60W.

Mining a cryptonight coin (Monero, Electroneum, etc.) on CPU is still quite profitable. You should be able to run 6 threads on that CPU (1 thread per 2MB of cache). I'd imagine you'll get about 500h/s for around 60W.
Ryzens are monsters on it. I've been tempted to buy some of those full rig dells that have 580's and ryzens at decent prices.

OK I think I must be doing something wrong. Been using MPH via AM for 8 hours on a 1050 ti. Auto exchange to BTC. Everything in AM shows 1.5 to 2.5 usd per day while it mines. The balances tab in AM is blank, and on MPH my bitcoin wallet for the payout option shows the equivilant of 0.04usd. Does it take a while to show up or is something on my end screwed?

OK I think I must be doing something wrong. Been using MPH via AM for 8 hours on a 1050 ti. Auto exchange to BTC. Everything in AM shows 1.5 to 2.5 usd per day while it mines. The balances tab in AM is blank, and on MPH my bitcoin wallet for the payout option shows the equivilant of 0.04usd. Does it take a while to show up or is something on my end screwed?

Go to the main balances page on MPH and see what your other coin totals are. In that short of a timeframe, it's likely the coins you've mined haven't been converted to BTC yet.

That said, I wouldn't select BTC as your autoconvert coin of choice. Transaction fees are too high. Depending on what you're planning to do with it, I'd probably set autoconvert to Litecoin or Bitcoin Cash as those have much lower transaction fees and have fast transaction times.

Ryzens are monsters on it. I've been tempted to buy some of those full rig dells that have 580's and ryzens at decent prices.

Yeah, especially with 2+ MB of cache per core, so you can mine on all the cores.

Go to the main balances page on MPH and see what your other coin totals are. In that short of a timeframe, it's likely the coins you've mined haven't been converted to BTC yet.

That said, I wouldn't select BTC as your autoconvert coin of choice. Transaction fees are too high. Depending on what you're planning to do with it, I'd probably set autoconvert to Litecoin or Bitcoin Cash as those have much lower transaction fees and have fast transaction times.

this is what my balances page shows:

ZNOQCsT.jpg

bqkcV

Last edited:
this is what my balances page shows:

ZNOQCsT.jpg

bqkcV

Yep, so you've got balances of a variety of coins that haven't matured or been exchanged yet. I believe the values in parentheses in the "Credited for Auto Exchange" aren't confirmed yet. Once they're confirmed, you'll see values to the left of the values in parentheses. Then, once the pool reaches a high enough total for each of those coins, they'll go to the On Exchange column. Finally, once they're exchanged to BTC and sent back, you'll see your Credited Bitcoin value increase. That whole process can take days, depending on the coins involved.

All told, looks like you've got about $0.32 worth of coins at current prices.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you set your auto-exchange coin to something like LTC it could take even longer for your LTC wallet to show coins. I think your alts go to the exchange, are sold for BTC, then LTC is purchased with the BTC, then it gets transferred to your wallet. It's be a slow, steady roll for me seeing LTC go in to my wallet. It comes in bursts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you set your auto-exchange coin to something like LTC it could take even longer for your LTC wallet to show coins. I think your alts go to the exchange, are sold for BTC, then LTC is purchased with the BTC, then it gets transferred to your wallet. It's be a slow, steady roll for me seeing LTC go in to my wallet. It comes in bursts.
I use MPH and it auto changes to LTC and shows up at Coinbase with no issue. Sometime tonight I will probably get another .25LTC+ worth. Except now I am using the Nano to mine Electroneum vice MPH (tearing it up!), the Vega 64 is running NiceHash and for some reason pulling over $6/day which for the life of me I could not do otherwise and also every operational CPU mining Electroneum (looking at 2KH/S+ up to 2.5KH/S). Once MPH dumps to Coinbase I will see what NiceHash can do with the Nvidia cards.

The 290 will not work with NiceHash with the new Adrenalin drivers including the new updated version. The 290 does not show in the hardware section and with NiceHash open eventually it will loose the monitor/dark display.

under balances, I dont have a LTC balance and therefore no manage wallet option. If I set auto exchange to LTC, will that option appear so I can input my address?

under balances, I dont have a LTC balance and therefore no manage wallet option. If I set auto exchange to LTC, will that option appear so I can input my address?

You need to set Auto Exchange to LTC, then click on LTC on the right, then click on Wallet on the left. Then you enter your LTC wallet address for deposits.

Also if you want regular payouts, you need to set the payment bar low. MPH charges something like .001m LTC per deposit, so if you do .02 LTC you are paying 5% fees on that. Get it running with some small deposits so you can see that it works. Then change your deposit threshold so you pay less fees.

You need to set Auto Exchange to LTC, then click on LTC on the right, then click on Wallet on the left. Then you enter your LTC wallet address for deposits.

Also if you want regular payouts, you need to set the payment bar low. MPH charges something like .001m LTC per deposit, so if you do .02 LTC you are paying 5% fees on that. Get it running with some small deposits so you can see that it works. Then change your deposit threshold so you pay less fees.

thanks! that is the menu I've been looking for since yesterday.

Since MPH's transaction fees are static, just take that fee off the top of your payment goal.

Doing $12/day with NiceHash with just 1950X and 7700K. Out of curiosity, I pointed my 7 card rig at NiceHash and it was projecting $48/day with 4xVega 64's and 3 1080ti's

Doing $12/day with NiceHash with just 1950X and 7700K. Out of curiosity, I pointed my 7 card rig at NiceHash and it was projecting $48/day with 4xVega 64's and 3 1080ti's

Making $49/day with AM on zpool. 1x 1080 and 3x 1080ti

Making $49/day with AM on zpool. 1x 1080 and 3x 1080ti

Yeah I did it to see what the difference would be. I've been using AM for a while, and mining XMR directly with my Vega's. I'll keep mining on NH with just my CPU's though, that shit just works.

Yeah I did it to see what the difference would be. I've been using AM for a while, and mining XMR directly with my Vega's. I'll keep mining on NH with just my CPU's though, that shit just works.

is NH working again? tried last night and this morning to no avail.

edit: Yep, it's working now. Ryzen 3 making $1 a day. I'll take it.

what is a good setting for virtual memory in a dual gpu system running cpu and gpu mining with 8gb physical?

Last edited:
Back