I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

On your last picture you show what you call a bay cover over the top fan to keep it sleek looking. Good idea.
I can't find it anywhere.
Is there a different name for it or a part number?
Where did you buy it?
Thanks.
Hugger

I believe he's referring to the Lian-Li DVD Drive Cover. I think what you're wondering about is what he's using on the fan, it's an A.C. Ryan fan grill.

yep clock3 is right.

i got the drive cover at microcenter for $11 and the fan grill from frozen cpu for $16 shipped. microcenter has it for $10 flat though :( i hate overpaying.

so yeah if you have a microcenter near you should check it out.

No.
I was referring to the cover on the top of the case covering the blowhole.
I thought that was what you were referring to when you were talking about the bay cover. That's why I was/am confused. It happens a lot at my age.
Hugger

will i notice a drop in temps if i change the back 120mm fan (intake) which is a low speed yate to a medium speed yate loon. i also have a basic filter on the back. since it constricts a little that going from low to medium speed yate might help. what you guys think? do the stock lian li fans move more air than a low speed yate loon?

At this point, I am not so much worried about how hot my 8800 GTSs will get in the A-05, I am worried about how hot the heat pipes on my mobo. I have heard that some heat pipes will not work at all if they are upside-down. I wanted to know if anyone has put an Asus M2N32 in this case and what their temps are like.

there's no evidence to support the "upside down is bad" heatpipe theory. I've used everything from MSI x58 mobos to my old P5B-deluxe mobo, with no adverse problems in the A-05. Never let it stop you from building this rig.

Original early generation heatpipes had issues with positioned upside down, but with improvements in wicking materials and design it's largely a thing of the past. At worst, you may experience slightly worse performance, and even then it's a maybe. Any heatpipe cooler you can buy now won't fall over and die from being used upside down :)

I just helped my friend with an i7 build in this case and we've noticed that while gaming, it heats up a lot. I've suggested adding a blow hole, but seeing as how we're at college and don't really have access to tools, that option isn't really available. I would like to know if there is a fan that exhausts out of the vents next to the PCI slots. If there is, that would be great. Otherwise do you guys think a PCI slot cooler would work well enough?

There is this at performance-pc. Is this what you are looking for? Or the second one which is outside on the pci slots. Or the third one, i don't know how well it will fit the A05?

bs06_02.jpg

B-09b_02.jpg

BS-08_02.jpg

This one too. It mounts internally and holds two fans.

edit: nevermind. My browser was just a little slow uploading pics apparently.

I was looking into possibly getting this case and was also interested in a top blow hole. However, i'm not really keen on the idea of doing it myself and was wondering if any of the top panels sold by Performance PCS will fit this case. http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=387

I know the case dimesions are pretty similar with the other mid-towers (with exception to height), and figured that a top panel from a PC-7/PC-6x might work.

I was looking into possibly getting this case and was also interested in a top blow hole. However, i'm not really keen on the idea of doing it myself and was wondering if any of the top panels sold by Performance PCS will fit this case. http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=387

I know the case dimesions are pretty similar with the other mid-towers (with exception to height), and figured that a top panel from a PC-7/PC-6x might work.

Sorry, there are no replacement top panels that will fit the A05.

WRONG

The following Panel fit the A05:

> T-A16 / T-A16A
> T-PC-6XB / T-PC-6XA
> T-PC-6XB-120 / T-PC-6XA-120
> T-PC-6XB-RAD120 / T-PC-6XA-RAD120
> T-PC-7XB / T-PC-7XA
> T-PC-7XB-RAD240 / T-PC-7XA-RAD240
> T-PC-7XB-RAD360 / T-PC-7XA-RAD360

With the T-60FB you will get problems with your cd-drive.

No need to shout, man. lol.

Some of those custom panels will fit, sure. I meant in the sense of needing to mod the panel; i.e. not having any blowholes present stock. I didn't know the A16 panels fit, so that's food for thought. But irrelevant for me personally since I mod everything. :)

Hello all PC-A05B user, can i check with you guys. Anyone of you run your CPU heatsink passively? As the intake fan behind is blowing directly at the heatsink? Example like Thermaltake 120 Ultra able to run passively in PC-A05B?

Thanks all :D

Hello all PC-A05B user, can i check with you guys. Anyone of you run your CPU heatsink passively? As the intake fan behind is blowing directly at the heatsink? Example like Thermaltake 120 Ultra able to run passively in PC-A05B?

Thanks all :D

you could do it easily with a good heatsink and a lower powered core 2 duo. with my setup and overclock my temps jumped for 40c to 50c at idle. 100% load took it over the limit. So yeah i would say at stock with decent ambient temps you could do it easily.

Ok I have read a lot of this thread and people talking about using the g60 Side panel And I was wondering what this is and where I could find it. Is it the PC-60 side panel?

Ok I have read a lot of this thread and people talking about using the g60 Side panel And I was wondering what this is and where I could find it. Is it the PC-60 side panel?

Probably a misstype. They meant PC-G50 chassis' side panel, which on it's own, doesn't seem to be available anymore anyways.

WRONG

The following Panel fit the A05:

> T-A16 / T-A16A
> T-PC-6XB / T-PC-6XA
> T-PC-6XB-120 / T-PC-6XA-120
> T-PC-6XB-RAD120 / T-PC-6XA-RAD120
> T-PC-7XB / T-PC-7XA
> T-PC-7XB-RAD240 / T-PC-7XA-RAD240
> T-PC-7XB-RAD360 / T-PC-7XA-RAD360

Sweet! But the top is $35 vs another case for $100. :(:confused:

I have a bs 03 installed with a 3 yates 2 x 1200 rpm intake and a 800 rpm out. Is this a good setup to keep my case cool? Or do i need to balance the equal amount of air in and out?. I could use the 800 and a 1200 for the intake and the single 1200 for out? Hope you can follow this. I'll post pictures soon. No mods just a normal boring case lol.

I have a bs 03 installed with a 3 yates 2 x 1200 rpm intake and a 800 rpm out. Is this a good setup to keep my case cool? Or do i need to balance the equal amount of air in and out?. I could use the 800 and a 1200 for the intake and the single 1200 for out? Hope you can follow this. I'll post pictures soon. No mods just a normal boring case lol.

You could try a number of options here. One would be to put a 1200 on the BS03 (out) and 1200 at the rear (in) and the 800 at the front (in). This way, your CPU gets a bunch of nice cool air, your hard drive gets a slight breeze, and the total warm air rising is exhausted by the BS03. Another option would be to reverse total airflow in the case (from back->front to front->back). This way I would have a 1200 up front (in), 1200 in back (out) and the BS03 with the 800 as exhaust.

Hopefully other people can chime in as well.

i just got my hands on another a05b :D

found some dude selling it on craigslist. Brand new for $60. I think it was a pretty good deal.

I am giving it to my brother so he can really enjoy Lian Li build quality.

Going to add a 2x120mm blow hole on top because he has pretty high end hardware.

This is whats going in it

asus p6t x58
intel i7 920
6gb ram
ati hd 4870
x fi
and an hd tv tuner.

should be a pretty boss setup.

got the fan grill installed on the a05b

dsc01571n.jpg

this hardware will be in there soon.

dsc01562q.jpg

look good so far. we will see how well those megahalems perform in this case :D

edit: also changed out the stock Lian Li fans to high speed yate loons. that ocz vendetta 2 is currently on its way out via craigslist.

look good so far. we will see how well those megahalems perform in this case :D

They perform great. Been running an i7 system (see sig) in the case since the end of December. Nice low temps, even at a decent overclock.

I'm doing small adaptation in my A05. Some polishing, cable management improvement and one window :) Of course 2 x 120mm grill will be placed on top. Some pics from last week:

Window cutting:
suc58011.jpg

Result:
03bokokno.jpg

Cable managing improvement, LOL :)
07pocieciu01.jpg

And polishing:
11polerowanie02.jpg

11polerowanie03.jpg

Now I have to wait a while for Waxing. About 2 weeks. Than All should be finished with Xigmatek fans :D

I just picked up my sound dampening kit, what are the best location to attach on the case?

@Burdoror .... RESPECT DUDE !

For those who have experiences with modding, can I possibly ask you for your advise on this one please ?

Please check posting 21 of the following link, where I try to describe what my intention is.

Do you like small ?

@Burdoror .... RESPECT DUDE !

For those who have experiences with modding, can I possibly ask you for your advise on this one please ?

Please check posting 21 of the following link, where I try to describe what my intention is.

Do you like small ?

4 1/2 hole saw + a nice fan grill.

id check out ac ryan radgrillz.

After installing my new 4870 1gb card my psu gets loud when i game and the case gets warm. What is the best way to help my case get quiet again? cutting holes is not a option, no way of cutting into the case. I have 2 intake fans all are 120mm. It seems the head is mostly around the PSU and HD cage. My videocard area is cool because I have a BS-03 blowing on the card.

Uhh...buy a new psu?? :D
Sounds like it's probably stressing to put out the voltage needed for the card, so you need either a better psu or one with more wattage.

After installing my new 4870 1gb card my psu gets loud when i game and the case gets warm. What is the best way to help my case get quiet again? cutting holes is not a option, no way of cutting into the case. I have 2 intake fans all are 120mm. It seems the head is mostly around the PSU and HD cage. My videocard area is cool because I have a BS-03 blowing on the card.

Post your specs. But otherwise, I'm willing to bet it's because the case stock isn't really capable of dispelling heat generated from components efficiently.

corsair vx 550 watt, PII x3 BE, 2 x 150 GB HDs. Should I remove the HD cage? Like other people have done? 4 gb gskill ddr800. Most of the heat seems to be in the PUS area.

Oh, yeah...you have plenty of power for that rig, so it's not your PSU.

Whenever anyone asks what I think about this case, I always tell them that it's great if you mod it! Removing the stock HDD cage will open up that area a bit, sure, but it won't really solve the problem of lack of airflow simply because of the closed-off front fascia. I doubt it will help much at all, but you could try flipping the PSU upside-down, so the PSU's fan is on top of the PSU when installed in the case and perhaps it would help at exhausting a bit of the air-pocket you're currently getting.

Back