Humble Origin Bundle

I am having issues with both the client and the websites .... EA fails again.

Great deal!! I donated some money last night!! I already have BF3, so I think I'm going to give that code to one of my friends.

Is anyone else having problems activating through Steam?

EDIT: It's all good. Re-opening the Steam client fixed it. Origin is still down though.

Last edited:
bit on the deal, but gonna wait out the crush of people activating games. can't wait for the extra games though :D

so Origin runs these Humble Bundle sales periodically?...sort of like the Steam equivalent of the Summer/Winter sales?

No... Humble Bundles are their own thing unrelated to EA orOrigin. This is actually the first time they have featured Origin games/keys. I think about every single one prior was Steam keys or DRM-Free. There have also been a few Android humble bundles, and I think a few ebook bundles too.

I bought one bundle for myself, and two as gifts. I want to buy at least one more (probably 2-3 more), but every time I try, I get the message that I have made too many orders in a short time, and this new one is cancelled. Anybody here experience that? Anybody bought more than 3 bundles?

noone answered me. Some of these games are both activated on origion and steam... can i active both? would be cool to give some of these to my brother and wife.

yes, you can activate both.

They are, in essence, giving you 2 copies of most of the games.

I bought one bundle for myself, and two as gifts. I want to buy at least one more (probably 2-3 more), but every time I try, I get the message that I have made too many orders in a short time, and this new one is cancelled. Anybody here experience that? Anybody bought more than 3 bundles?

I've purchased 4 bundles earlier today and 3 last night. No problems.

Thanks for the link, I picked up a couple copies of this bundle. Seems like great charities involved. I already had a few of the games, so guess I will have a few keys I can gift now.

bit on the deal, but gonna wait out the crush of people activating games. can't wait for the extra games though :D

There's been rumors that Dead Space 2 will be included, that would be awesome - I'll have the complete trilogy! :p

Crysis 2 is ok. Big thing to know is Crysis 2 isn't open as 1. Its very linear and on rails. I still found it enjoyable to play.

Yep, although really Crysis 1 was somewhat linear since you still had to do a specific objective at a specific spot for most things. Crysis 2 is much more constrained terrain-wise but hardly a tunnel rail shooter. It's still quite a good ride though ;).

Question on Crysis 2.

Does installing from either steam or origin include the DX11 high res stuff, or is that something you have to do separately?

Yep.... Humble bundles are always a steal.... and I end up kicking myself every time they come out. This one I bought just for Dead Space 3. I already own every other game. Thing is, I haven't played Burnout or Mirrors Edge yet, and only an hour or two of Crysis 2. I bought them all in Steam sales, but that's still $20 or so I probably paid for something that would have basically been free.

Same goes for the one before it, the Deep Silver bundle. I bought it really just for the SR3 and Dead Island DLC. I already owned the SR3 base game, along with Risen 1 and 2, that I hadn't played yet. Probably spend another $25-$30 on those games, also in Steam sales.

Ehhh don't feel too bad; by buying those games previously you're helping to support PC gaming. If everybody waited until the games were basically free, there'd be much less incentive to develop new titles. Besides, you're helping to combat the cheap people who only give a dollar or two for all these games.

So far this bundle is shaping up to be worth about $5. Conclusions:

Medal of Honor: Beat the entire game in 4 hours.
Dead Space: The controls are virtually unplayable. Normally, I am pretty forgiving about controls, but I'm not exaggerating when I say: this is unplayable on PC. Just a horrible and inexcusable job of porting to PC. I'm giving up on this game and most likely won't play again.

After looking forward to these two games and being massively disappointed, I don't have high hopes for any of the rest.

Dead Space: The controls are virtually unplayable. Normally, I am pretty forgiving about controls, but I'm not exaggerating when I say: this is unplayable on PC. Just a horrible and inexcusable job of porting to PC. I'm giving up on this game and most likely won't play again.

After looking forward to these two games and being massively disappointed, I don't have high hopes for any of the rest.

Dead Space is best played with 360 controller. This has been known for quite some time as well, the game has terrible mouse lag.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2671623

Burnout is also pretty much a console port, controlers and cut scenes

As has been said, Dead Space is much better with a controller. It's a really wonderful franchise, I wouldn't be so quick to toss it aside.

As for the other games: MOH is crap, we all know that. Burnout is incredibly consolised. It's also probably rather dated by now. But it is a fun game at face value. Mirrors Edge, though, is a ton of fun. The game probably isn't for everyone, but those who do enjoy it, enjoy it a lot. And not much has to be said about Crysis 2. It's still really pretty (especially with mods), and still pretty generic. But it's worth playing. All these games combined are certainly worth more than $5.

Dead Space is best played with 360 controller. This has been known for quite some time as well, the game has terrible mouse lag.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2671623

Thank you for posting this. The "Direct3D Overrider" utility worked perfectly. Surprising since it looks like it hasn't been updated in years.

In case anyone else needs help using this: The link on the Steam Forum is broken. What you do is go here and download "RivaTuner" program, using the European server: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163. Extract and install RivaTuner. When RivaTuner is installed, then navigate to the D3DOverrider subdirectory (c:/program files (x86)/rivatuner/tools/direct3d overrider/d3doverrider.exe). Install the program and follow the rest of the directions in stooleywood's link. Works perfectly, thanks everyone!

As has been said, Dead Space is much better with a controller. It's a really wonderful franchise, I wouldn't be so quick to toss it aside.

As for the other games: MOH is crap, we all know that. Burnout is incredibly consolised. It's also probably rather dated by now. But it is a fun game at face value. Mirrors Edge, though, is a ton of fun. The game probably isn't for everyone, but those who do enjoy it, enjoy it a lot. And not much has to be said about Crysis 2. It's still really pretty (especially with mods), and still pretty generic. But it's worth playing. All these games combined are certainly worth more than $5.

And BF3 alone is worth WELL more than $5 :p . Burnout is fun even if it's consolized. Crysis 2 isn't a great shooter, but hey, not all meals are prime rib if you know what I mean.... it's good and fun enough. I loved Mirror's Edge... I've owned everything but one in the bundle for a long while but grabbed it anyway to get Dead Space 3, the one I was missing. Still paid over the average to get the BF3 key/etc. and support the good causes.

Only thing that bugs me about DS3 is the textures; they don't look any better than the PS3/360 versions. I just started playing DS3 on PS3 a few days ago before this came out so the only difference to me is sharper graphics and higher frame rate.

Thank you for posting this. The "Direct3D Overrider" utility worked perfectly. Surprising since it looks like it hasn't been updated in years.

In case anyone else needs help using this: The link on the Steam Forum is broken. What you do is go here and download "RivaTuner" program, using the European server: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163. Extract and install RivaTuner. When RivaTuner is installed, then navigate to the D3DOverrider subdirectory (c:/program files (x86)/rivatuner/tools/direct3d overrider/d3doverrider.exe). Install the program and follow the rest of the directions in stooleywood's link. Works perfectly, thanks everyone!

I love D3DOverrider. I have it running all the time forcing Triple Buffering.

Yeah Dead Space 1 had bad mouse lag for me when I played it on my laptop a year ago, but still a great game. There is a fix tweak that you can do to get the mouse feeling better. It could benefit from an HD texture update.

There's been rumors that Dead Space 2 will be included, that would be awesome - I'll have the complete trilogy! :p

What exactly is this? I saw some people at slickdeals talking about "bonus games" but I didn't know what they were talking about. I saw Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm mentioned. Is this bonus games for this deal or is this an upcoming bundle?

Great buy. My wife will like the ability to have Sims 3 and an expansion pack. Looks like I'll need to spring for another hard drive after having trouble finding adequate space on a partition just for BF3! Oh, well, it's a good problem to have.

What exactly is this? I saw some people at slickdeals talking about "bonus games" but I didn't know what they were talking about. I saw Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm mentioned. Is this bonus games for this deal or is this an upcoming bundle?

The bonus games are added to the bundle on the 2nd week it is available. If you beat the average price for the bundle before the games are announced you get the extra games automatically. If you didn't BTA the you have the option to do so. The rumored list is Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm, Medal of Honor Airborne and Command and Conquer Red Alert 3.

I love D3DOverrider. I have it running all the time forcing Triple Buffering.

This may be a stupid question, but can't the nVidia control panel do the same thing? There's an option for Triple Buffering there. I don't like adding unnecessary software if it's not needed so just wondering what the benefits of D3DOverrider are for games other than DeadSpace. I could have sworn I fixed the controls in Dead Space without that program by simply forcing TB through the control panel and doing something with Vsync.

No... Humble Bundles are their own thing unrelated to EA orOrigin. This is actually the first time they have featured Origin games/keys. I think about every single one prior was Steam keys or DRM-Free. There have also been a few Android humble bundles, and I think a few ebook bundles too.

so if EA/Origin/Steam are not associated with the promotion, who is actually behind this?...the publishers of these games feel must not be too happy with their games being sold for pennies

The bonus games are added to the bundle on the 2nd week it is available. If you beat the average price for the bundle before the games are announced you get the extra games automatically. If you didn't BTA the you have the option to do so. The rumored list is Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm, Medal of Honor Airborne and Command and Conquer Red Alert 3.

wow...this bundle deal keeps getting better

This may be a stupid question, but can't the nVidia control panel do the same thing? There's an option for Triple Buffering there. I don't like adding unnecessary software if it's not needed so just wondering what the benefits of D3DOverrider are for games other than DeadSpace. I could have sworn I fixed the controls in Dead Space without that program by simply forcing TB through the control panel and doing something with Vsync.

No, because it only works with OpenGL games apparently. D3DOverrider is required for Direct3D triple buffering (last time I checked, anyway...).

Back