Humble Origin Bundle

How long did it take you guys to get your keys?

Their site is getting pounded harder than a sailor on shore leave so it is taking a little longer than usual and they are having issues with PayPal right now as well.

I already got all these games during the last two origin fuck up periods which let people download 10 games at a time for free. Only game I paid for was BF3. I have very mixed feelings about that purchase.

Origin sucks in comparison for Steam. So they think throwing shovelware at us will get us to change our opinions of them and their application. I have no doubt it will work on a large portion of the user base.

just enjoy the games and lets not turn this into an EA or Origin bashing. most people have no issues with either.

LOL. There is so many people activating stuff that the servers can't handle it. So it is a massive success. :p

Ya except steam is having no problem handling the same traffic. Origin has been crippled all day

This is a great deal. I had a few of them, but ended up buying it anyway. My wife picked it up too just for The Sims stuff.

yep.. still can't use the keys with Origin, error keeps popping up.... blah... of course most of the games I didn't have were on Origin and not Steam

Well IMO the reason EA did this bundle was to try to drum up support and use of origin. But lol what a massive failure. You cant activate any products.

eh.. Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, BF3, BF4, Mass Effect 3. All these games require Origin.. You aren't even close to correct. These games were used to promote Origin.. Just like Valve uses Steam with all there games to promote Steam.

Servers are getting hammered.. I guess more people like EA then we thought :p

i had no problems getting the keys to work.

Even activated via orgin. Bit slow but the box did finally pop up.

I already got all these games during the last two origin fuck up periods which let people download 10 games at a time for free. Only game I paid for was BF3. I have very mixed feelings about that purchase.

Origin sucks in comparison for Steam. So they think throwing shovelware at us will get us to change our opinions of them and their application. I have no doubt it will work on a large portion of the user base.

Origin and steam function pretty similarly as game launchers. Origin has better support than steam if anything goes wrong too. Crappy slow email support on steam vs quick email, live chat, or phone for origin.

Origin is terrible, it is soooo slow.

Origin loads more quickly than steam does on my high end pc. Same on my gaming laptop. Now, neither take long, but just saying. If you mean downloads that is a person to person thing, I get good speeds on both.

Origin has always worked fine for me. I get consistently faster download speeds with them versus Steam too.

i paid $5 and redeemed all the steam keys. All the Origin ones are still untouched. maybe ill get around to using that shit

how the hell does this work?...is there a minimum that has to be paid?...do I get all the games in that group or can I pick and choose (I only really want Dead Space 3)

how the hell does this work?...is there a minimum that has to be paid?...do I get all the games in that group or can I pick and choose (I only really want Dead Space 3)

The requirements are listed on the site. If you pay at least $1, you will get Origin keys for everything in the first group (and Steam keys for all but Dead Space 3). If you pay more than the current average ($4 to $5 at the moment), you will get Origin keys for BF3 and Sims also.

The requirements are listed on the site. If you pay at least $1, you will get Origin keys for everything in the first group (and Steam keys for all but Dead Space 3). If you pay more than the current average ($4 to $5 at the moment), you will get Origin keys for BF3 and Sims also.

thanks...almost too good to be true...

thanks...almost too good to be true...

Yep.... Humble bundles are always a steal.... and I end up kicking myself every time they come out. This one I bought just for Dead Space 3. I already own every other game. Thing is, I haven't played Burnout or Mirrors Edge yet, and only an hour or two of Crysis 2. I bought them all in Steam sales, but that's still $20 or so I probably paid for something that would have basically been free.

Same goes for the one before it, the Deep Silver bundle. I bought it really just for the SR3 and Dead Island DLC. I already owned the SR3 base game, along with Risen 1 and 2, that I hadn't played yet. Probably spend another $25-$30 on those games, also in Steam sales.

so Origin runs these Humble Bundle sales periodically?...sort of like the Steam equivalent of the Summer/Winter sales?

just bought the pack and cant activate the codes on steam or origin. Looks like EAs Main code redemption server is out.

some of the codes give you a key for both origion, and steam... can i claim them both? id love to give the double keys to my brother whos starting a steam libary.

according to the gamedeals sub-reddit (these guys were right about the bonus games on the last bundle)
youll get:

Dead Space 2
Bulletstorm
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising

as bonus games later.
even if this is speculation and these dudes are wrong....

I am buying like 6 of these bundles for friends/family.

epic deal.

I purchased the THQ humble bundle back in the day, Now im purchasing this. Ill give battlefield 3 to FEN to give away on Ventchat

I am pissed that I missed out on the last one, but this one is good enough to make up for it. I don't feel so bad now!!!

This is like holy shitake mushrooms hawt!!! :eek:

so Origin runs these Humble Bundle sales periodically?...sort of like the Steam equivalent of the Summer/Winter sales?

Origin (EA) doesn't run the Humble Bundles at all. This is just one that features Origin/EA products.

according to the gamedeals sub-reddit (these guys were right about the bonus games on the last bundle)
youll get:

Dead Space 2
Bulletstorm
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising

as bonus games later.
even if this is speculation and these dudes are wrong....

I am buying like 6 of these bundles for friends/family.

epic deal.

Bulletstorm was good stupid fun. I was wondering why they included DS1 and 3 and left out 2 but that would make sense.

just enjoy the games and lets not turn this into an EA or Origin bashing. most people have no issues with either.

I don't know how anyone can bitch at EA about this. EA isn't making any money from this. It's all going to charty.

Back