HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

Be warned, newegg return policy was already laid out in this thread: they do not take returns.

They have also said to me on the phone they will NOT price match even if the price lowers over night.

I, too, am taking a risk in hopes that they turn around and refund me the difference. If not, I'll simply refuse the package and be done with 'em.

HP will honor the refund though correct?

Pulled the trigger on the 32GB, hopefully it goes through. I figure if I take back the acer netbook I got from that Target sale last week I'll pocket $50.

Says mine went through on Amazon through Onsale. We shall see. This is so crazy, it's like practice for Black Friday.

bought it from amazon just now, for no apparent reason or need than to be a lemming.....

Thanks man, I was able to finally get in on this deal..

Now the only issue is that I ordered the 16GB model, then discovered the 32GB was also available, so now I have two on the way..

Well at least ordered, we will see if they actually ship..

Joe...

Back up on Amazon gogogogo

I'm not holding my breath....if I get it, I get it
tSzaCl.jpg

Got a 16GB through onsale @ amazon.

$105.79 shipped. I doubt it ships.

ya know what? I just wasted my sunday and missed the nascar race because of this. DAMN YOU HP

I say everyone just buy it for a regular price and clean out online retailers. Then get the refund later from HP.

I hope it goes through.

Shipping Details : onSale
Order #: XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX
Shipping Method: Standard
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $99.99
Shipping & Handling: $5.80
------
Total for this Order: $105.79

Delivery estimate: Aug. 25, 2011 - Aug. 30, 2011
1 "FB454UT Smartbuy TouchPad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 16GB"
$99.99
In Stock
Sold by: onSale

Whew, i cancelled the Newegg order for full price and bought the Amazon one. Hmm wonder if 32GB is worth it over the 16GB?

Shipping Method: Standard
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $149.99
Shipping & Handling: $5.77
------
Total before tax: $155.76
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $13.12
------
Total for this Order: $168.88

Delivery estimate: Aug. 25, 2011 - Aug. 30, 2011
1 "HP FB356UT Smart Buy Touch Pad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 32GB"
$149.99
In Stock
Sold by: onSale

Whew, i cancelled the Newegg order for full price and bought the Amazon one. Hmm wonder if 32GB is worth it over the 16GB?

Well, how much do you value the extra 16gb? Otherwise it's the same machine. You can get a 16gb MicroSD class10 card for cheap these days (I saw one at Costco for $24).

I've ordered one 32gb earlier and just ordered the 16gb right now from OnSale at Amazon (since there servers are capable of handling this). I'll probably sale the 32gb at cost.

My plan is to put Android on it and simply use it as an HTPC/XMBC remote. Nothing like an over-powered HTPC remote ... lol.

I really wish Vizio would have thought ahead and just released a paid app instead of another tablet. My TV has wifi/network capability, so I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to talk to it (their tablet has wifi software and an IR blaster for other devices).

Any advantage with the 32GB once Android is hacked into it?

Yeah just more storage. I went ahead and got a 32gb for myself and a 16gb for the parents. One from eCost and the oher from onSale, which may or may not be the same companies. I'd say they aren't since the shipping options are entirely different, and since eCost charged me for the $6 CA recycling fee that onSale didn't. We'll see.

What's gonna suck is if I'm getting sucked into pouring money into these eRetailers that I've never used or heard on an item that they may or may not have. Oh well. It's gonna be a great item to have, especially if/when an Android hack is released.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well, how much do you value the extra 16gb? Otherwise it's the same machine. You can get a 16gb MicroSD class10 card for cheap these days (I saw one at Costco for $24).

I've ordered one 32gb earlier and just ordered the 16gb right now from OnSale at Amazon (since there servers are capable of handling this). I'll probably sale the 32gb at cost.

My plan is to put Android on it and simply use it as an HTPC/XMBC remote. Nothing like an over-powered HTPC remote ... lol.

I really wish Vizio would have thought ahead and just released a paid app instead of another tablet. My TV has wifi/network capability, so I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to talk to it (their tablet has wifi software and an IR blaster for other devices).

You make a great point, and I don't like the extortionate price of $3.25/GB to get the extra 16GB on the 32GB, but the TouchPad does NOT have a memory card slot. I'd also get a memory card if I could.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just how many of these things does OnSale have? There has to be hundreds of orders by now since it's on SlickDeals.

Mine says shipping soon on Amazon and it's past the being able to cancel stage.

Back