HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

Overpriced HP Touchpad have hit Craigslist locally. It is now a waiting game for the hype to die until I can pick on up at a reasonable price.

If android gets put it on it (and there are touchpads that have android already) then I would say it's unlikely you will get them for "cheap".

No, no... It sucks.

Agreed. Why do all the trees in Missouri point north? Because Iowa sucks. After 10 years I finally escaped. Left the exwife 6 years ago today, quit my job the next day and moved to Colorado 7 days later. Much better here!

But on topic...I shot off an email to HP regarding mine to simply confirm I am actually getting one. All these cancellations going out make me nervous. Ordered Saturday afternoon and haven't gotten a peep since the email confirmation. I'm pretty sure I am getting one, and I am patient enough to not pound their phones. I'll hopefully have good news tonight or tomorrow morning.

people are reporting on SlickDeals that B&N is emailing out $20 eGift Cards to some of the people whos orders were cancelled. havent gotten mine yet, but hopefully some of you can open your emails to an easy $20! :)

Just got my BN $20 email a few minutes ago.

Anyone see the onslaught of anti-OnSale reviews that hit the HP Touchpad review area on Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/9-7-Touchpad-...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I can't say I feel bad for them, it's their fault for inputting the same inventory (I assume) into both their systems instead of dividing it. However, these people need to redirect their anger at the seller's reviews and not the product review, it drove this thing down to 1.5 stars.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So if you do decide to jump quickly on a well priced eBay touchpad, be careful. It's my own damn fault, I was multi-tasking and moving too quickly, but I may be needing to dispute my transaction. The sad and ironic part is that I was dealing with a fraud case, while potentially bidding on a fraudulent eBay item...embarrasing, to say the least. :eek:

So if you do decide to jump quickly on a well priced eBay touchpad, be careful. It's my own damn fault, I was multi-tasking and moving too quickly, but I may be needing to dispute my transaction. The sad and ironic part is that I was dealing with a fraud case, while potentially bidding on a fraudulent eBay item...embarrasing, to say the least. :eek:

love makes us do crazy things... or in this case lust.

love makes us do crazy things... or in this case lust.

Or pure idiocy and greed...d'oh! :) A bit too early to tell, but it looks like perhaps eBay may have been overzealous here with all the activity around the touchpads, and it may have been legit after all. We'll see.

Did HP say they are killing the 64GB AT&T 4G version with the 1.5Ghz Dual Core Snapdragon? HP seems to still have ads popping up every now and again saying that its coming soon.

Did HP say they are killing the 64GB AT&T 4G version with the 1.5Ghz Dual Core Snapdragon? HP seems to still have ads popping up every now and again saying that its coming soon.

some people got them in europe, though i dont remember them having 4G. you wont be able to get one in the US unless maybe if you want to pay $2000 on ebay. :p

For those that don't know what their order status means from HP SMB:

Q: How can I find out the status of my order from HP Shopping?

A: Click here to check the status of your order. Enter your web order number and order date and you will be shown your order status:

If it shows Shipped, then your order has already shipped.
If it shows Admin, then your order is in queue to be shipped. All shipments will begin the week of September 12, 2011 in priority based on your day and time of purchase.
If it shows Submitted, then your order is in review and we ask you to please check your order status again the next business day.

http://www.hp.com/canada/go/touchpadfaqs/?aoid=35252#faq_1

Given that they're giving the never-released 3G versions to the layed off team who created it, I doubt 4G will come out, either.

A: Click here to check the status of your order. Enter your web order number and order date and you will be shown your order status:

If it shows Admin, then your order is in queue to be shipped. All shipments will begin the week of September 12, 2011 in priority based on your day and time of purchase.
If it shows Submitted, then your order is in review and we ask you to please check your order status again the next business day.

september 12? shit man, thats a boner killer. :(

So I saw a craigslist ad in my area removed. What does that mean? Think the guy was peddling stolen goods or something?

Setup a little workstation.

59stjm.jpg

Awesome to quickly read emails or incoming IM's. In the meantime it sits as a clock until I feel like picking it up and taking it somewhere. Inductive charging dock FTW.

You disgusted me :p...

I like that little setup. If I can ever get one I'd like to do the same.

I got the cancellation letter but it's still showing in the system as Admin and shipping out the 29th for a Sept 2nd delivery. We shall see.

59stjm.jpg

Awesome to quickly read emails or incoming IM's. In the meantime it sits as a clock until I feel like picking it up and taking it somewhere. Inductive charging dock FTW.

just a question and I have a feeling I know the answer but can the touchstone dock be used with the official HP folio case?

Mine says admin planned to be shipped Sept 2, so does this mean I'll actually get one? If so I don't mind waiting another 2 weeks to get one. Not all. :)

Mine says admin planned to be shipped Sept 2, so does this mean I'll actually get one? If so I don't mind waiting another 2 weeks to get one. Not all. :)

Well I called HP today and they confirmed I would be getting one so take that for what it is worth. Sorry I can't be more help. :(

All of my orders were canceled...

its depressing because I was the first to see the B&N link here in [H] and still i dont get one :(

SMB canceled on me too

Last edited:
when i called, the recording claimed that if you placed your order through the small business site prior to 4am monday, you'll get your touchpad. i have two orders in that appear to be going through from saturday and sunday.

Good news to all of you that missed out (including me)......there are some available here on HardForum at more than double the price. Lets be thankful that they are giving us this opportunity to still buy one:rolleyes:

just a question and I have a feeling I know the answer but can the touchstone dock be used with the official HP folio case?

Yes is just charges much slower.

Tomorrow I am going to go hunt down a HP folio case at Wal Mart.

Good news to all of you that missed out (including me)......there are some available here on HardForum at more than double the price. Lets be thankful that they are giving us this opportunity to still buy one:rolleyes:

I am going to have an extra Touchpad tomorrow and I was planning to sell on the forum for <eBay prices. Not everyone selling a Touchpad is a douche.

Last edited:

is this sarcasm

Well I called HP today and they confirmed I would be getting one so take that for what it is worth. Sorry I can't be more help. :(

Ill call them up tomorrow morn to verify this status, I might get lucky if not, nothing lost nothing gained. :)

I was thinking about calling...But I am sure they would see the number is internal and deny me anyway :(

Back