HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

Well, my order from B&N got cancelled, nobody local has them, and so I tried ordering from Erwin Computers. They put a reservation on the full amount on the 22nd and now the hold is gone so I'm assuming they have cancelled my order and simply haven't bothered emailing me to tell me.

No Touchpad for me looks like, so tally up another person that tried and failed to get one.

Same happened to me at Ewrin, after 3 emails and 4 calls they canceled mine.

Finally got mine... just a screenshot for now.

Picked up the HP folio case/stand and the Touchstone charging dock as well.

Finally got mine... just a screenshot for now.

Picked up the HP folio case/stand and the Touchstone charging dock as well.

Where did you get the case/stand and charging dock? I've been looking for them everywhere!

I'm loving the TP as a browser, but so far I haven't been able to update anything. The 3.0.2 update is still busy, and whenever I try any kind of app update, it loads to http://index.html, then redirects to Comcast search and says index.html cannot be found. Frustrating...

Where did you get the case/stand and charging dock? I've been looking for them everywhere!

Best Buy. $25 for the case and $30 for the dock. They didn't have any accessories on the floor, I had to ask someone to go in the back and they had them all piled up in a cart.

Do any of you have an extra dock I could buy off you? All my local stores are out.

I may have one available, I won't know until about 2 weeks because I have another order of Touchpads that may or may not get cancelled.

I too, am seeking for the original HP case/folio and charging dock if you guys want to sell it. PM me :)

I'm loving the TP as a browser, but so far I haven't been able to update anything. The 3.0.2 update is still busy, and whenever I try any kind of app update, it loads to http://index.html, then redirects to Comcast search and says index.html cannot be found. Frustrating...

Get WebOS doctor and just flash to 3.0.2

much easier lol

OK so I was wrong on my order date. I ordered my TP on Tuesday the 23rd at around 1pm. I did confirm with a rep by phone I will receive one and I just finished chatting with a SMB rep online who confirmed. Here is the chat log. I don't want to give you guys that ordered late like me false hope but you never know what can happen.

Chat:

Harry: Welcome to HP Chat, please tell me the nature of your visit to chat today? (ie: technical support, pre-sales question, purchase, or quote)

Guest: I have a question about my order status through HP Small/Medium Business.

Harry: Hi!

Harry: Great day!

Harry: Can you give me your web order number and date please?

Guest: 03060xxxx

Guest: 8/24/2011

Harry: Planned Delivery Date - 06-Sep-2011

Harry: So you order got through and wil reach on the above mentioned date.

Last edited:
OK so I was wrong on my order date. I ordered my TP on Tuesday the 23rd at around 1pm. I did confirm with a rep by phone I will receive one and I just finished chatting with a SMB rep online who confirmed. Here is the chat log. I don't want to give you guys that ordered late like me false hope but you never know what can happen.

Chat:

Harry: Welcome to HP Chat, please tell me the nature of your visit to chat today? (ie: technical support, pre-sales question, purchase, or quote)

Guest: I have a question about my order status through HP Small/Medium Business.

Guest:xxxxxx

WOW Tuesday? I ordered on Monday and they cancelled my SMB order. Did you use the glitch cart link?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat:

Guest: 0xxxxxx

Do you have the link you used for the chat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just talked to one of the HP online reps. They confirmed my rouge link order will in fact be filled. Ship date of 8/30 and delivery date of 9/2.

Still not entirely convinced but I would love to be wrong.

Just talked to one of the HP online reps. They confirmed my rouge link order will in fact be filled. Ship date of 8/30 and delivery date of 9/2.

Still not entirely convinced but I would love to be wrong.

What's your order number?

Lol, no I just wanted to see where it was in relation to mine. Merlin posted his, maybe inadvertently. And if I'm reading it right, it's wayyy higher than mine. Trying to chat with them now to see what's up.

HP said way earlier that they'll refund the $38 shipping fee (at least partially) for orders through HP Small Business, right?

Geez, my order number is 00444xxxx and delivery date is Sep 2. According to Merlin704, I must be almost guaranteed

I just got this from CostCentral... pretty positive I hope...

We would like to thank you for your recent order of an HP TouchPad and/or accessories.

Cost Central, as well as many other retailers, have been inundated with orders for the HP TouchPad and accessories. We are working to process and ship these orders as fast as we are able and as fast as HP releases stock to us to fill these orders.

Unfortunately, we are not able to tell you exactly when your order will ship. However once your order has been processed and shipped, you will automatically receive an email with tracking information. If we should encounter an issue with your order, you will be contacted directly.

We do apologize for the delay and rest assured your order will be filled as soon as possible and that your credit card will not be charged until your order is ready to ship. Please note that if your order was placed with Google Checkout; Google may have placed a hold on your account but we will not charge your order until it is ready to ship.

We appreciate your business and your patience while we work to process and fill every customers order.

The CostCentral.com Team

Geez, my order number is 00444xxxx and delivery date is Sep 2. According to Merlin704, I must be almost guaranteed

im 443xxxx. i hope i get it! my order status still says admin and the delivery date is today. theres no shipping information though.

my order is 437xxxx, delivery date is 8/30. not sure how that would work out if they don't ship it yet :)

All HP is doing right now is filling existing orders as stock comes back to them. It'll be interesting to see if they have any left after that and open back up the HP direct store.

And as much as I dislike Twitter, it seems to be the most accurate source of info right now - here are the two relevant feeds:

http://twitter.com/#!/markathp
http://twitter.com/#!/BrynaAtHP

And yes, that Bryna's 12 year old style of twittering is incredibly annoying.

I got this email from them 2 days ago. I only purchased 1.

Your order was placed on Monday/Tuesday after the Sold Out message was posted on our webstore; therefore, we cannot fulfill your request and will be cancelling your order in the next 24 hours.

You may have seen a reserve hold for the amount of your order on your credit card. No actual charges have been made and this reserve hold will be released as soon as the order is cancelled. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Your HP Small & Medium Business Team

I've been setting up a couple of the 32GB TouchPads the last few days for myself and family members and they're pretty decent tablets for the price. The only thing is I'm finding it extremely annoying to download media off websites because it wants to just stream everything without giving the option to download. I downloaded a Preware patch that was suppose to fix that but doesn't seem to be working for me. Anyone else found a way to download MP3's?

My order numbers are in the 442's for my two 32GB TP...Called HP-SMB and was told that both were confirmed. (Did get both order confirmations in my e-mail so hoping for the best)
What's funny is i thought that the first one was a mistake since it didn't seem to go through the order process completely so i did another order about 30 minutes later. So apparently it wasn't... :)
According to the link that was posted here earlier on status, one is scheduled for delivery tomorrow and the other sept 6th or 7th.
(Crossing my fingers)

Back