HOT $161 HP elitebook 17.3" LED Notebook - i7 8GB ddr3/750GB/nvidia quadro 3000m

Legally, they can't adjust it (charging you more) and then ship it. That'd be a classic bait and switch. They have to contact you first and/or cancel out the order.

Err, I meant when they started shipping/were in stock. They certainly contacted the people that placed orders but they're obviously not doing it to sell the items at that price.

They did this 2-3 weeks ago with the Sony Vaio T. They priced it under $700 but as soon as the item was "in stock" the price went up by >$100. It also wasn't the first time I saw that happen on their site.

They underprice their items, generate a lot of hits and then the item goes back to a normal, and sometimes high, price. It's smart considering how many people browse the slickdeals forums and the like.

They're also not too far from me... I might go over there and give it a look ;)

Well, shortly we will have the, "I am going to SUE THEM!" comments and I will lol. :) When will people learn.

I cant wait until people start saying "They have to honor it its the law!!!!"

When will people learn.

they won't. they are many. it is useless to resist them.

*live shot of the slickdeals bodymass congregated on $161 HP Elitebook stupidity
ss-100724-stampede-01.grid-9x2.jpg

For $177.xx out the door, I'll take a chance on it shipping. It likely won't but worst case scenario I'll be out of what, 5 minutes? Best case scenario I get a beastly, rock solid computer for the price of a off-brand netbook.

Right now I don't have the $1600 in my account, so if they try and pull funny business, they'll be in for a rude awakening. :D

Price was still the same, I bit for one. I'm not going to get excited until I see that it shipped. If this is a price mistake, they wouldn't have figured it out by now?

We have a better chance of Obama turning into a Lizard and Romney turning into King Kong and fighting it out on stage while naked women with 3 boobs cheer them on from a pool of pudding.

But I'm in for 4 anyway, I have a very strange feeling this won't work.

Adorama says:

"We’re sorry, this item is no longer available."

Now we all await the fate of our orders.....

I wonder how many friggin people placed orders for these. It's going to be interesting to see what they do.

They're going to cancel them all.

Duh.

Everyone knows that, there's no way HP is going to sell a $2400 laptop for $136. This isn't the tablet market, and even if they discounted that much th is is still a $400 laptop.

In other words, its never gonna happen, but its fun to try, its like the lottery.

They're going to cancel them all.

Duh.

Everyone knows that, there's no way HP is going to sell a $2400 laptop for $136. This isn't the tablet market, and even if they discounted that much th is is still a $400 laptop.

In other words, its never gonna happen, but its fun to try, its like the lottery.

Yeah the strangest part to me is how long it took them to remove the item. I'm sure they were getting pounded on orders, you'd think they would have seen it and removed it within minutes or a couple of hours...yet they keep the thing up for like 24 hours before taking it down.

Yeah the strangest part to me is how long it took them to remove the item. I'm sure they were getting pounded on orders, you'd think they would have seen it and removed it within minutes or a couple of hours...yet they keep the thing up for like 24 hours before taking it down.

its called "the weekend"

I son't get why people are going on about how "stupid" or foolish people are.
It seems they are reputable... as in they don't scam you, even if they do stupid stuff like this. But I don't see why not to try it. Unless there is something like they are secretly gathering your credit card numbers to rule the world or something.

It seems they are reputable... as in they don't scam you, even if they do stupid stuff like this. But I don't see why not to try it. Unless there is something like they are secretly gathering your credit card numbers to rule the world or something.

No one else said people ordering the thing are. They said the armchair self righteous lawyers in the slickdeals threads are ;).

I placed an order for this couple of days and and got confiramtion that ordered was cenceled (proabably realized price mistake)

MOTO:
If its too good to be true, then it is!

Motto:

Always check your spelling before shouting online

It's not about stupidity but more of a sad commentary on a type of mentality that's proliferated to such an extent that people begin foaming at the mouth at the slightest whiff of maybe, just maybe being able to cheat the system and get away with something knowing full well its not a "sale" or promotion but a glaring error and if it goes undetected then all other customers are left holding the bag to make up for the lost revenue.

But "so what". It is after all, the age of entitlement and consumptive narcissism, amirite? While not technically illegal or lawbreaking, the level of frenzy and desperation when seen from afar is a bit disconcerting, there's something about the idea of a deceiver/asshole that's really offputting, again, like those Walmart stampeders driven half mad from lack of warmth, fluids or oxygen deprivation at birth because A BLURAY PLAYER WAS TWENTY DOLLARS.

All I know is if my groceries are ringing up at a penny - I'm not keeping my mouth shut, I'm asking the slut scanning my groceries why.

Last edited:
It's not about stupidity but more of a sad commentary on a type of mentality that's proliferated to such an extent that people begin foaming at the mouth at the slightest whiff of maybe, just maybe being able to cheat the system and get away with something knowing full well its not a "sale" or promotion but a glaring error and if it goes undetected then all other customers are left holding the bag to make up for the lost revenue.

But "so what". It is after all, the age of entitlement and consumptive narcissism, amirite? While not technically illegal or lawbreaking, the level of frenzy and desperation when seen from afar is a bit disconcerting, there's something about the idea of a deceiver/asshole that's really offputting, again, like those Walmart stampeders driven half mad from lack of warmth, fluids or oxygen deprivation at birth because A BLURAY PLAYER WAS TWENTY DOLLARS.

All I know is if my groceries are ringing up at a penny - I'm not keeping my mouth shut, I'm asking the slut scanning my groceries why.

I was with you right until your last sentence. Such an eloquent speal; why ruin it with a vulgarity? Your commentary about the greed of consumerism is pretty much spot on. Keep it clean, no need to disgrace your own arguement.

I was with you right until your last sentence. Such an eloquent speal; why ruin it with a vulgarity? Your commentary about the greed of consumerism is pretty much spot on. Keep it clean, no need to disgrace your own arguement.

She probably is a slut and if my groceries were ringing up for a penny I wouldn't say SHIT!

Stroke your ego much? Please do continue to live in your bubble from afar.

NO ONE knows yet if this was intentional or a mistake. I bought the HP Touchpad when it was down from 500 to 99 before I even read about the 'fire sale' and sure enough, I got 4 of them at that price. The point is, its FUN to gamble on stuff like this.

Agreed, this is just for pure fun. Besides, the ball is in the seller's court to ship or cancel the orders. It isn't like we are stealing from a grocery line when they make a mistake. Jesus Christ...

Back on topic... HP laptop.. yea!!

Except if your grocery store is anything like mine you'd be scanning the groceries yourself at a self-checkout and there would be no one within 50 yards for you to ask your question to. God forbid you actually want to do something that requires the store employee to actually assist you like buying beer or wine. Hope you brought a lawn chair from the seasonal aisle with you because it's probably going to be a 5-10 minute wait.

If everything at my grocery store started ringing up $0.01 I'd just assume they were finally crediting me for the hours I've put in at their store working the register because they were too cheap to hire a cashier.

Sorry, poorly staffed self-checkouts are a pet peeve of mine. I get it, why hire 8 people to run 8 lanes when you can just hire 1? But when you're so cheap you won't even hire the 1 person to authorize age-restricted purchases... :mad:

Question: how did the OP even find this laptop at this price from this site? When you look at their maim page, nothing is listed. Go to the laptop section, look under HP, it doesn't list the laptop anywhere as an item for sale. I am just wondering how the OP found the obscure link.

Back