HOT $161 HP elitebook 17.3" LED Notebook - i7 8GB ddr3/750GB/nvidia quadro 3000m

bought 2 at adorama, 1 at the nerds...looking forward to cancellations Monday!

According to the little pricegrabber app, the next cheapest price is ~2500. I ordered 3. Why not?

heck of specs, frankly I don't have $160 to tie up on wishful thinking. If they do ship congrats.

What the heck....in for one. Better not see a 1600.00 charge to my amazon order.

LOL...not even going to waste my time...the processor alone is worth more!

THERE IS NO WAY THESE ARE GOING TO SHIP!

Not bothering. I've played this game too many times, and it never pays off in the $1000+, only ever in the range of $100-$200.

so why cant I find this deal on slickdeals? Have searched for the model, elitebook, HP Laptop & none are coming up with this. Can someone link since I am apparently failing at search this am.

Oh Hell.. This was posted on SD 6 hours before here.. There is no way we get these..

LMAO y'all are right the chance that these ship around 1: 10,000,000. I pulled that number out of my ass but you get the point.

They have probably had over 1000 orders for this by now. 200 from this thread alone.

Do you honestly think this company is going to take a $1,000,000 minimum loss and ship these out ? :rolleyes:

Well think of it this way. They had 1000 order around $200 average thats $200,000. Now, more than likely, of those 1000 orders, no one would have bought it for it's original price ~$1000. To me it seems like a win because everyone jumps on it and usually it's people who would have never bought it anyway. I smell conspiracy! Plus i believe this model is discontinued anyways so what if they just had a massive firesale for quick and easy money. Win-win for everyone in my opinion.

I've noticed Adorama does this frequently. This is like the 3rd or 4th time they've underpriced something by a significant amount within the past 3 weeks. It's past the point of an "oopsie," they're doing this to increase traffic to their site.

It works, though ;P

They have probably had over 1000 orders for this by now. 200 from this thread alone.

Do you honestly think this company is going to take a $1,000,000 minimum loss and ship these out ? :rolleyes:

Yep.
One time BestBuy had a slightly different price mistake.
They had the Logitech C920 HD camera for free, so I placed an order for 20 cameras, knowing there's not a chance it'll actually go through.

3 days later I received a box full of HD cameras.

↑↑↑↑

This tempted me so I did. Now let's wait and see. I missed HP famous $99 Touchpad fire sale and this time I'm not gonna withdraw order.

Last edited:
Was going to order... decided it wasn't worth the time. If anyone actually gets one and has one to resell PM me.

Unfortunately this note :

"This is a New Item, Not in stock yet, expecting delivery from Manufacturer.
Please note: You can order this now and have us ship it as soon as it arrives.
We will not charge your card for any item, until it is ready to actually ship. "

Leaves them a lot of wiggle room to get out of it after all the traffic & publicity it caused.

Unfortunately this note :

"This is a New Item, Not in stock yet, expecting delivery from Manufacturer.
Please note: You can order this now and have us ship it as soon as it arrives.
We will not charge your card for any item, until it is ready to actually ship. "

Leaves them a lot of wiggle room to get out of it after all the traffic & publicity it caused.

The couple of times I saw an underpriced item on their site (again, it's happened frequently on their site), they've readjusted the price before shipping.

I wish you dudes luck, though

Well, I got the shipped notification, and then an alert from my bank that the payment was completed. Worst case they refund it.

Posted Transactions
07/21/12 CHKCARDAMZ*TheNerds AMAZON WAUS $165.98

Was going to buy one from both, but one site was sold out. So I just bought 2 from the adorama.

I hope it goes through. I need a laptop of playing games better (which is virtually anything new) than my current one which is pretty crappy. And by pretty crappy, I mean 7+ years old.

Good luck to all of you. Hope your refunds go through as smoothly as the purchasing did!

I placed an order for this couple of days and and got confiramtion that ordered was cenceled (proabably realized price mistake)

MOTO:
If its too good to be true, then it is!

The couple of times I saw an underpriced item on their site (again, it's happened frequently on their site), they've readjusted the price before shipping.

Legally, they can't adjust it (charging you more) and then ship it. That'd be a classic bait and switch. They have to contact you first and/or cancel out the order.

Back