Hitman

Actually after thinking about it a bit I am sort of liking that I am replaying the same mission several times - gives me time to become very familiar with the environment and can pull off some good stuff. The escalations are interesting and I have even liked some of the contracts.

Last I saw they patched it on the 14th or so, and all that did was add .NET framework. I'll see if I can find any more info...thanks!

Bit of mixed news...1.03 patch doesn't do anything for my framerate with mirrors. However, I think I've found the culprit - it appears Shadow Resolution at High causes the insane FPS drops around mirrors (at certain angles). If I drop it down to Medium it seems a lot better. Any one else experiencing this weirdness? I don't see anything with High that really seems like it should be murdering my framerate like it does.

Also, DX12 seems to run like garbage but at least it doesn't crash my game now.

Last edited:
They have a runaway "cult hit" with that vampire magician costume. ;)

This new patch they put out today seems to have given me a nice boost in performance.

Cool, I'll have to try it. Haven't really played it much since finishing Paris the first time.

EDIT: Seems like the performance around mirrors has improved significantly. Still a bit of stutter / FPS loss but nothing like what it was, so that's great.

There is some sort of weird issue with doors now where they sort of blur / "ghost" when you open and close them, Not a huge issue but it does look bizarre.

Last edited:
New episode out today within the next 2 hours.
Hitman

For those at work. ;)

What to expect from the 'Sapienza' release on April 26

New Destination: Sapienza

• New Story mission: World of Tomorrow
  • 10 new Opportunities for ‘World of Tomorrow’
  • 20 levels of Sapienza Mastery, with the following unlocks:
    8 new Sapienza starting locations
    (+1 starting location unlocked via a challenge)
    8 new Sapienza Agency Pickup locations
    6 new weapon/gear unlocks
  • New suit for Sapienza: Italian Suit
  • 75+ Sapienza-specific challenges
  • 7 new trophies/achievements
  • New 'The Sarajevo Six' Contract. Target 2: The Enforcer. (PS4 Exclusive)
Live Content for Sapienza will include: New Escalation Contracts, Elusive Targets & New Featured Contracts (Contracts Mode)

Native Ambient Audio
Added an audio layer for Sapienza that will play native ambient dialogue in crowded areas.
‘Hide in Plain Sight’ Options
The Sapienza location includes more options for Agent 47 to ‘blend in’ whilst wearing his suit.
Opportunities System Improvements
- Persistent reveals: When a player has ‘revealed’ an Opportunity once using the pop-up tracker, they are not required to do so when they encounter the opportunity on future playthroughs.
- Fail Categories: Added categories to explain why an opportunity was failed.
Note: The above Opportunity improvements are only implemented in Sapienza.
Opportunities in the ICA Facility and Paris destinations are not affected.
What to expect from the 'pre-release' update before 'Sapienza' launches on April 26

Reconnect Option
If a player is playing in online mode and gets disconnected during gameplay, they will have the option to immediately reconnect and resume play without losing any progress, instead of returning to the main menu.
[Available now on PC. Available in a future update for PS4 & Xbox One.]

Immediate Challenge Awards
Challenges are now awarded and saved immediately upon completion, rather than when completing a mission.
[Available now on PC. Available in a future update for PS4 & Xbox One.]

Loading Times
Significant improvements to load and restart times across all locations.
(Reduced by approximately 50% on PS4 and Xbox One)

Challenge Verbosity Settings
Players can now choose between three options for how challenge descriptions are displayed in the game menu.
Full: All Challenge information is shown.
Minimal: Only the image and name of the Challenge are shown
Off: Only the image of the Challenge is shown.

Weapon HUD Settings
Added three options for displaying the holstered/equipped weapon icon.
Full: Show weapon HUD for equipped and holstered weapon.
Minimal: Show weapon HUD only for equipped weapon.
Off: Don’t show weapon HUD.

Immediate Intel
Added an option for players to access the intel menu immediately after finding new intel.

Dropped Items
Disguises, weapons and items that are dropped are now shown on the in-game map.

Holstering animation
Added an animation for 47 holstering a small item, such as a pistol.

Escalation Contracts Improvements
- The list of complications and objectives are now viewable during gameplay and the planning phase.
- Players can now easily see from the in-game menu how many stages of each Escalation Contract they have completed. (e.g 3/5)

General improvements to stability

PC Specific Notes

Recommended Settings
The Game Launcher will recommend graphic settings based on player hardware.

Windowed Mode
The Game Launcher now allows players to change their resolution in Windowed Mode. (Useful for streamers)
Audio Levels
Audio levels during cutscenes and briefing videos now match the in-game audio.
Key Bindings
Fixed minor issues with inconsistent key bindings

15704583408609.021.163cf929a75abdcc0cbc4de4be6d77e0.jpg

Can't wait! Still need to wrap up the first episode, buy the release schedule is pretty good.

Apparently some snafu has occurred and they are aware of it and on it. A bunch of us have the DLC installed but we can't play it even though we should be able to.

EDIT: Running now.

Last edited:
I'm about one more Sapienza - style map from this overtaking Blood Money in my Hitman hierachy, it's that damn awesome.

Tried the new mission last night...me likey. Seems better than Paris actually, feels like there is more variety to it.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Still amazed.

Unfortunate glitch however: Non-lethal strangulations are somehow killing people at times anyways and they shouldn't be.

Finished the Sapienza mission to my satisfaction...although that bug where subduing a guy kills them is really bad. I had 3 non-target kills from subdues, would have been zero if it wasn't bugged.

I am also getting massive shadow / mirror lag again...not sure why.

Finished the Sapienza mission to my satisfaction...although that bug where subduing a guy kills them is really bad. I had 3 non-target kills from subdues, would have been zero if it wasn't bugged.

Ok, so it's not just me. Hopefully IO is aware of it by now.

I am also getting massive shadow / mirror lag again...not sure why.

Hmmm....

The first Elusive Target contract just hit for the weekend. He's in the attic in Paris.

You get one shot. No saves, no redos, no nuthin'. Make it count. Don't die.

Use your best "infiltrate the attic" tactics and you should be fine.

This game is fantastic. I've had a lot of fun trying to make up my own contracts.

The first Elusive Target contract just hit for the weekend. He's in the attic in Paris.

He doesn't start there. I got him on the second floor with a accident kill pushing him over the ledge over seeing the show.

like this
Aww man, nice. I wish I had seen that.

I wish they would allow you to replay Elusive Contracts if you get the bastard, but just can't improve your score. I'd love to have seen what other opportunities I could have had.

like this
Yeah, I was walking around the second floor and saw him. Followed him in the room and took out him and his bodyguard. Not really an exciting mission.

I was killed trying to do that contract. I was so fucking pissed. Good game though. haha

Just loaded this game up for the first time.

From the training mission on the fake boat, this game looks no better than Absolution from 2012, and my fps are dropping to 40, not even at max settings and with FXAA in DX11. Da fuq?

Loaded Absolution up and I'm getting 100-200fps. Generally I'm not a gfx whore, but this game looks and runs like crap.

Hope the missions are fun at least, if I can make it that far. Leaving on business for a week in the morning.

Just did the Elusive Target (I missed the first one I guess). Managed to kill him and escape but I got spotted after the kill and had to fight my way out so my ranking wasn't great.

Do you actually get anything from doing the mission other than a small bit of Mastery? Seems like you should get some special unlocks or something.

I'm not sure what happened but without changing any settings it seems like my performance is a lot worse than it was last time I played the game.

Just did the Elusive Target (I missed the first one I guess). Managed to kill him and escape but I got spotted after the kill and had to fight my way out so my ranking wasn't great.

Do you actually get anything from doing the mission other than a small bit of Mastery? Seems like you should get some special unlocks or something.

I'm not sure what happened but without changing any settings it seems like my performance is a lot worse than it was last time I played the game.

Hype notwithstanding... no, I think all you get is Mastery points off of it so it's not the end of the world. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Haven't seen any performance difference as of yet.

Another dazzling level for me. I also noticed that it seems like the "accidental death" on non lethal takedowns was fixed because I did a crazy playthrough where I must have nonletaled a couple of dozen people (I should have recorded this) and it worked perfectly.

I'll say it: Blood Money has been de-throned for me.

I just pushed a target into a printing press and dropped a moose on another. It's officially better than Blood Money.

like this
Starting at 15:00 CEST today, Elusive Target #3 will arrive in Sapienza.
You'll have 72 hours to eliminate him.

Before that time, a game update for PC (approx 200mb) will be released that includes preparations for this Elusive Target. We've also included two fixes:

• Fix for an issue that was causing the game to lock at 30hz for certain monitors.
  • Fix for an issue that caused texture streaming to not function properly on DX12.

Find the exact starting time for Elusive Target #3 in your location:http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=HITMAN+Elusive+Target+%233+-+The+Prince&iso=20160608T15&p1=69

I'll be walking on a tight rope for this next Elusive Target. I'm still pissed that I made such a dumb little mistake and it cost me the entire thing on E.T. 2.

We are excited to announce the release of the Summer Bonus Episode for HITMAN on July 19th.

The Summer Bonus Episode consists of two separate ICA missions which catalogue Agent 47’s first trips to both Sapienza and Marrakesh. This Episode is not part of the story arc of HITMAN, being previous ICA missions they are set apart from the main story.

The Icon
When the town of Sapienza is taken over by a film crew shooting a new sci-fi blockbuster. Agent 47 must aim to retire one of the cast members during a climactic scene being staged late at night in the town square.

A House Built on Sand
Set at the frenetic night markets in Marrakesh, a mole for a major construction company is about to sell secrets to their largest rivals. Agent 47 is tasked with making sure the leak stops there.

The Summer Bonus Episode will also present a range of new in-game Challenges and Opportunities and an entirely new setting for Escalation Contracts and Elusive Targets.

Each location will have a completely different feel when you revisit it. The Icon, set in Sapienza will even have a crazy giant killer robot, which allows us to show what we can do with HITMAN as a live game and it also feels like the perfect midway point of the season before the final three locations; Thailand, the United States and the season finale in Japan arrive later in 2016.

We'll be talking more about the Summer Bonus Episode throughout E3. Stay tuned!

Back