Hitman

DX12 is 100% broken for me in this game. I managed to get the game loaded but loading the tutorial gets to 75% and then just hangs forever.

Was the same for me. I didn't even get to kill a person. Figured I would wait for a patch.

231MB patch just came through. No info on it yet. At least there is some sign of action there.

Thought I'd share my experience with the game. 6600 k 16 gigs ddr4 R9 285 1920x1080p. Game is playable with all settings maxed other than texture quality average is about 60 with drops into low 40s. A locked 60fps is achievable with all medium settings and any level of AAA. Dx12 is unplayable at Max settings at around 20 frames per second however at medium settings it is playable at a 40 to 50 FPS range. Dx12 does handle anti-aliasing better at least in the benchmark. No settings made the mirrors in the dressing rooms look good in the benchmark. This is with a clean install of the latest beta drivers and the update from Steam

The main problem I have with performance is that the game IMO doesn't look any better (or really even much different, if at all) than Absolution, yet it runs far worse. I just finished up with Absolution this weekend (I think I stopped on the second to last mission or so and never finished) so the way it looks is fresh in my mind. I don't see anything going on in the new Hitman to justify the massive performance drops.

The main problem I have with performance is that the game IMO doesn't look any better (or really even much different, if at all) than Absolution, yet it runs far worse. I just finished up with Absolution this weekend (I think I stopped on the second to last mission or so and never finished) so the way it looks is fresh in my mind. I don't see anything going on in the new Hitman to justify the massive performance drops.

I played through Absolution for the first time, finishing it Thursday night. I bought and played the new Hitman game on Friday. I can't say I agree with you. The new game definitely looks better, albeit not by leaps and bounds. The game seems to have larger maps than the previous game did at least. Having said that, Hitman games have never been graphical masterpieces compared to some of the titles available at the time of their respective releases.

The new one definitely does have larger maps, that's true.

I can honestly barely tell the difference between the two, both being maxed out on detail. Maybe there are some differences but it's not significant enough to be noticeable to my eyes I guess.

The new one definitely does have larger maps, that's true.

I can honestly barely tell the difference between the two, both being maxed out on detail. Maybe there are some differences but it's not significant enough to be noticeable to my eyes I guess.

Were you able to enable all the settings in the new one? Stupid fucking thing apparently grays out options it doesn't think you should use based on your system specs.

Were you able to enable all the settings in the new one? Stupid fucking thing apparently grays out options it doesn't think you should use based on your system specs.

As far as I could tell...not all settings go to Ultra or whatever but I didn't see anything greyed-out that I was unable to select (other than that one DX12 feature but DX12 didn't work for me anyway, so...).

Game sucks and looks like shit. Absolution looks far better. WTF. Nothing new here, please move along.

Unfortunately I tried playing the Paris mission and any time I get near a mirror (which is fairly often) the framerate just drops to single digits and becomes unplayable. Hopefully they get this shit sorted out sooner rather than later.

From posts on the forum it looks like this was an issue in the beta as well and they didn't fix it.

So I tried it again and see if the bugs come again and I did not encounter any.

I finished the first two training mission but I've watch the bata video on Youtube so I knew what I had to do.

The Paris mission look real nice and for people that like to explore, I'm sure they're going to have a lot of fun with this. It's a well polished game.

But in my case, I'll stick in Shadow of Mordor stealth combat that is much more action and much more fun than this game.

Wait, what? The only real level you get from the get-go is Paris?

It's a huge mistake to think that's okay just because you have a lot of ways to take out your target.

It's a huge mistake to think that's okay just because you have a lot of ways to take out your target.

I played about 2 hours to finish the two first training mission and started the real one. I guess it would take ma an hour to finish the real one. So that's 3 hours for 17$. So 9 hours of gameplay for 51.

A bit low maybe but ok for me.

SLI sucks balls in this game man....980 Ti's, all ultra...fuk dx12......at 4k...I can't hit 50fps....Don't get me started if i'm in a crowd of people...FPS tanks down into the 20's....Seriously???? Game looks good but nowhere near Witcher 3 good and my rig can keep Witcher 3 close to 60 FPS at 4k.....We need a patch bad...

It's episodic, so really they are saying what we got right now is worth $15, not $60. Full price gets you all content that will be released over the next few months.

Still, I guess they are saying that most of the content is derived from doing the same mission in different ways.

What bothers me is that you can't seem to run and gun like you could in previous games. That annoys me as stealth really isn't my strong suit. I lack the patience to do that. I treated the previous games like UT death match. It worked for me. In this game two shots from any combatant and you are down.

What bothers me is that you can't seem to run and gun like you could in previous games. That annoys me as stealth really isn't my strong suit. I lack the patience to do that. I treated the previous games like UT death match. It worked for me. In this game two shots from any combatant and you are down.

Yeah...I like modifying my playstyle like that 2.... I do like doing the whole silent assassin thing but trying not to get spotted and then failing...having to reload a save sucks major ass and gets old....While in Paris, I did go downstairs into the locker room/bathroom and those 2 girls crying like little bitches and the guy talking to them even a more bigger bitch..... Suffice to say I saw an AX hanging on the wall and a smile came to my face..... So....I went up to these 3 bitches and AXED them a question....Cinematics of an ax to the melon is pretty satisfying if I have to say so myself :D

I have to take my hat off to some of the custom contracts already showing up. Some of it is challenging and somewhat convoluted. I see a lot of potential there.

I still can't really play this because of the mirror lag. Is there anything you can turn down in the settings to fix it? I've tried a few settings but nothing seems to help.

I'm a long time fan of the Hitman series but this game doesn't look to be a smashing success judging from player numbers.
HITMAN™ - Steam Charts
I think I will wait a bit and pick the game up for closer to $20.

Game any good? DX12 will save us?

Good game. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Dx12 is negligible based on feedback and apparently a performance hit that isn't worth it.

Maverick:

The mirror FPS issue:

Framerate dips? Mirrors are the blame

bad performance :: Hitman™ Beta General Discussions

An issue that didn't get fixed in the beta or at least fully.

I'd be interested to know if your experience with the mirror issue matches theirs. I'm going to play soon and I'll have my FPS counter on and see if it happens to me.

You're on Windows 10? Switch from Dx12 down to Dx11 if you haven't tried that already. All the feedback I've scoured has said the performance hit is not worth it sticking to 12 if it's an issue. The usual cutting back on shadows to medium if necessary although you really shouldn't have to.

Supersampling slider... don't get past default setting. I think that's 1.20.

Yeah, I think it's the same issue as in those threads. No apparent fix unfortunately. The performance drops down into the 10-15 FPS range, if that. It's pretty much unplayable anywhere near a mirror, which in Paris can be those whole hallways with the large mirrors.

Using Windows 10, yes. I can't use DX12 because the game straight-up crashes, so it's all been DX11. Not using Supersampling at all because it kills performance, and I've tried tweaking some of the shadow settings but it doesn't change the mirror issue. Performance in other areas is not amazing but it's usually between 40 and 60 FPS so it's at least playable.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Question - Did anyone else get the Requiem Pack with the suit and chrome pistol and whatnot? I got a key for the pack and applied it to my account, but it shows up as "HiTMAN - Requiem Legacy Suit" in the Steam DLC section, and only the suit seems to be available in-game. Is there something wrong? Have they not released the other content yet or am I just not seeing it?

It just shows up as an option for me when planning I have a tuxedo, signature suit and I think absolution suit. It is white. I also have a white rubber duck and the silverballers.

Also it doesn't matter what you choose to wear if you start anywhere but the default spot, attic or the garden as you get the appropriate disguise for the starting point.

I will have to check my settings at home but I get 70-100 fps in dx11 and with gsync it looks great.

So my brother came home and I was kind of force to play this game with him and at my biggest surprise, I have finish the Paris mission with not too much difficulty.

I think that even if I said it is an exploring game, there is a way to play it quickly without searching everywhere. At least for the mission Paris. We'll see if the other are that "easy".

Btw, I did a score of 0 because I've killed too much innocent.

My settings are DX 11
2560x1440
VSync Off (using G-Sync)
Super Sampling 1.0
Level of Detail Ultra
AA-SMAA
Textures High Anisotropic 16X
SSAO - On
Shadows both medium
I get on average 70-80 FPs in the demo with jumps to 110-120. In game it really seems to be 80 most of the time but with gsync it is so smooth I never notice any issues.

I think I have had 2 Crash to desktops in 13 hours played.

It just shows up as an option for me when planning I have a tuxedo, signature suit and I think absolution suit. It is white. I also have a white rubber duck and the silverballers.

Do you have multiple listings in the Steam page for DLC?

It shows:
HITMAN: Paris
HITMAN: Requiem Legacy Suit
HITMAN: Silenced ICA-19 Chrome Pistol
HITMAN: White Rubber Duck Explosive

And one other thing - would it really be so hard to put the quit game selection on the menu list instead of under settings?

Back