Hitman

The new Hitman launches on March 11th 2016 with three locations: Paris, Sapienza and Marrakesh, developer IO has revealed...Also included at launch are six campaign missions...Contracts mode features around 800 targets at launch...After March, IO plans to release one new sandbox location per month in April, May and June....Here's the plan: April adds Thailand, May adds the United States of America, and June adds Japan

IO plans to release the new Hitman in a different way. $59.99 gets you everything at launch, all the content IO plans to release afterwards, access to all live events, and a spot in the beta, which is on PC and PlayStation 4 only...there's also an Intro Pack, which grants access to the March content only for a lower cost. This will also be out on 11th March and costs $34.99...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-get-if-you-pay-full-price-for-the-new-hitman

I'm still skeptical about how some of that's going to work but I'll be all in. I was a lot happier with what I saw in the alpha. I'm confident that the final product is going to make me very happy with them putting this much more time into it. They got a ton of good feedback from a lot of Hitman fans on the same page about a lot of what we want to see and don't want to see.

I'm still skeptical about how some of that's going to work but I'll be all in. I was a lot happier with what I saw in the alpha. I'm confident that the final product is going to make me very happy with them putting this much more time into it. They got a ton of good feedback from a lot of Hitman fans on the same page about a lot of what we want to see and don't want to see.

I'm also not sure if releasing the game in pieces is going to work...unless the game is flat out amazing I don't know if people will like this episodic release schedule...there's also only a $5 difference between the Intro Pack and the full package so I'd probably go for the Intro Pack at first and if the gameplay and locations are interesting enough, pay the additional $29.99

Hitman beta will be coming to the PC on February 19th, a week after it appears on the PS4... the beta is set twenty years in the past at a top-secret ICA recruitment and training facility...this extremely unique mission revolves around how Agent 47 was recruited into the ICA and shows the first time that 47 meets his long-time handler, Diana Burnwood

Hitman Beta trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzhg4bpMrD8

Would it have been more interesting if the entire game was a prequel?

If they actually want to tighten up and make the franchise more story driven I think they should just reboot it. At this point the current series doesn't seem like there was really much planning in that regard at all in terms of game to game continuity or character/story development. Maybe make the last Hitman game a soft reboot.

So either continue as is with it not being a priority or start over in my opinion. Also probably a lot of long time fans would be happy with a "Traditions of the Trade" remake.

...And now we know why.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hitman-now-a-proper-episodic-game-collectors-editi/1100-6433830/

Square just made the game episodic. $60 will still get you the entire game, though, but the content will be released over time.

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/hitman-now-fully-episodic-launches-prologue-one-location

The new Hitman from Io Interactive is now a “fully episodic AAA game,” Square Enix announced.

Previously, the game was announced to launch with three locations— Paris, Sapienza, and Marrakesh—with additional locations Thailand due out in April, the U.S. in May, and Japan in June.

Here’s the new release schedule:
◾March 11 – Prologue Mission and a Paris, France location.
◾April – Sapienza, Italy location.
◾May – Marrakesh, Morocco location.
◾Afterward – Monthly content updates, including three additional locations; Thailand, the US and Japan until the season concludes in Japan later in 2016. With weekly live events and additional planned content in between the monthly updates.

Pricing is as follows:
◾Intro Pack ($15) – Contains Prologue and Paris levels.
◾New Locations ($10) – Each new location will be released as a $10 add-on to the Intro Pack.
◾Upgrade Pack ($50) – Users who buy the Intro Pack can upgrade to the Full Experience through this package.
◾Full Experience ($60) – Includes all of this year’s content as it’s released, and guarantees them not to miss any live or bonus content.

A disc-based version of the game will ship at the end of 2016.

The beta for the PlayStation 4 and PC versions of Hitman will begin on February 12 and 19, respectively. Pre-orders for the Intro Pack or Full Experience will guarantee access to the beta.

In my mind Absolution absolutely sucked balls compared to Hitman 1, 2 and Blood Money. It got so damn tedious that half way through the campaign I said fuck it and went full on rambo for the remaining levels just to get it over with.

This is my assessment as well. I stopped playing Absolution. It bugged me there was that point system and going full Rambo killed your score.

Broken AI - check
Claustrophobic levels - check
Horrible checkpoint save system - check
Terrible disguise system - check
No map - check
Horrible instinct mode - check

In my mind Absolution absolutely sucked balls compared to Hitman 1, 2 and Blood Money. It got so damn tedious that half way through the campaign I said fuck it and went full on rambo for the remaining levels just to get it over with.

I agree 100%. Blood Money was 10x the Hitman game that Absolution was. Absolution was needlessly difficult for the sake of being different. There was no reason my disguise should be spotted 50ft away. There was no reason I have to wait and watch patrol routes for an hour to make my way through a level. There's a fine line between fun and frustrating and they leaped it.

I agree 100%. Blood Money was 10x the Hitman game that Absolution was. Absolution was needlessly difficult for the sake of being different. There was no reason my disguise should be spotted 50ft away. There was no reason I have to wait and watch patrol routes for an hour to make my way through a level. There's a fine line between fun and frustrating and they leaped it.

Agreed.

I will reiterate my posts from earlier in this thread in regards to the alpha I participated in.

If they have continued along the path that I saw there and took in the bulk of the feedback those of us gave them...and it looked like they did.... I think we are going to be happy with this. Much better balance.

I think I might just end up waiting on this game until all of the content for season 1 is available and then jumping in. Just not excited about the episodic nature of this at all, but I really hope the gameplay is similar to Blood Money.

The progress from the alpha to this has me grinning.

Hitman fans? Prepare for a homecoming.

Would it have been more interesting if the entire game was a prequel?

No. I'm always more interested in stories moving forward. Prequels are always confined to established, future events. I don't like that in movies or video games as a general rule.

I played through last night The graphics are okay. Gameplay was fairly fluid disguises were usable and have the standard someone of the same type will notice you more than someone else. It seems like intuition is overpowered as you can see-through floors and all around. It didn't seem to be nearly as difficult as the older ones to me. I achieved all of the challenges on the first map and more than a third on the second before I ran out of time. Some of the achievements are mutually exclusive elusive like wearing all disguises or never using a disguise. There was that before but seemed a bit more in your face wanting you to repeat the level at least 4 to 5 times each.

Seems like the guards are still quite blind and deaf occasionally. Only had a few glitches here and there and nothing that interfered with gameplay progress. Most were graphical, ladies midriff disappeared and once a boat bystander got frozen when I decide to go homicidal maniac a kill everyone. I think he runs to slow as well, took forever to catch everyone. I think this so called beta really isn't a beta but a demo imo.

I played through last night The graphics are okay. Gameplay was fairly fluid disguises were usable and have the standard someone of the same type will notice you more than someone else. It seems like intuition is overpowered as you can see-through floors and all around.

I'm hoping for a slider on this for either varying degrees or at least on/off.

It didn't seem to be nearly as difficult as the older ones to me. I achieved all of the challenges on the first map and more than a third on the second before I ran out of time. Some of the achievements are mutually exclusive elusive like wearing all disguises or never using a disguise. There was that before but seemed a bit more in your face wanting you to repeat the level at least 4 to 5 times each.

Agreed.

I'm hoping for adjustable difficulty in the final game. I'm also hoping for an option to turn off auto saving and especially since that feature would occasionally freeze the game outright for a second or two.

Seems like the guards are still quite blind and deaf occasionally.

Inconsistent AI. Agreed.

Only had a few glitches here and there and nothing that interfered with gameplay progress. Most were graphical, ladies midriff disappeared and once a boat bystander got frozen when I decide to go homicidal maniac a kill everyone. I think he runs to slow as well, took forever to catch everyone. I think this so called beta really isn't a beta but a demo imo.

Please make sure you submit all of this feedback to IO. The more of us that chime in, the better.

One other thing I found rather annoying was the press and hold to perform an action. Really having to hold G for about a second to activate my escape seemed odd but I could live with that. What I couldn't stand was lets say I want to drop a weapon - I have to equip it and then press the drop button for about a whole second. That seemed to just irk me. Can't it just be instant like opening doors still is?

AMD is bundling Hitman codes with FX CPUs and R9 390 cards, which of course means codes should soon be plentiful on eBay. Right now, it's kind of slow, but I'd keep an eye out starting now.

I snagged a Full Experience key for $20 yesterday. Only problem is the AMD redemption site is a joke. It takes about 24 hours to get your account activated. Once the account got activated, redemption was easy.

AMD to Bundle New Hitman Game with Select FX CPUs and Radeon 390 Series Video Cards

One other thing I found rather annoying was the press and hold to perform an action. Really having to hold G for about a second to activate my escape seemed odd but I could live with that. What I couldn't stand was lets say I want to drop a weapon - I have to equip it and then press the drop button for about a whole second. That seemed to just irk me. Can't it just be instant like opening doors still is?

Yes! There is a certain lack of intuitiveness there.

only 2 pages of posts for a new Hitman game?...how the mighty have fallen
If it ends up being a good game, people will come. But most, like myself, are wary and it's gonna take some good reviews and love from the community to get me to play another Hitman game.

If it ends up being a good game, people will come. But most, like myself, are wary and it's gonna take some good reviews and love from the community to get me to play another Hitman game.

It will happen starting with me. This game is definitely a lot more back in the Blood Money direction.

I am still mightily skeptical about this episodic concept...would have preferred not to have it...but other than that I am expecting smooth sailing and good times on this.

So is the full game going live March 11th or just the Prologue / Paris content?

So is the full game going live March 11th or just the Prologue / Paris content?

Prologue/Paris.

At least according to wikipedia and so far this still seems to be the plan:

On 14 January 2016, it was announced that Hitman would instead be released in an episodic manner; on-launch, the game will only consist of the prologue missions and Paris location.

New content will be released on a monthly basis, including the remaining two cities of the main game (Sapienza and Marrakesh) in April and May 2016 respectively, followed by the previously-planned Thailand, U.S. and Japan expansions by the end of the "season" in late 2016, as well as weekly events and "additional planned content" between the monthly updates.

These expansions will be available at no cost to those who purchase a full-priced digital copy of the game, but those who purchase the "Intro Pack" must purchase them. A full, disc-based release of Hitman will be published in late-2016. Io Interactive head Hannes Seifert explained that the move was designed to provide a "little bit of extra time to ensure every location we release is at the quality level fitting for a Hitman game", but that it would also "allow us to create a living game that will expand and evolve over time and establish a foundation for the future — this is the first game in a storyline which will continue and expand with future Hitman games."

I'm looking forward to this. I loved Blood Money. I'm playing Absolution now and I'm enjoying it, although it's very linear and the levels are tiny in some cases.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I'm looking forward to this. I loved Blood Money. I'm playing Absolution now and I'm enjoying it, although it's very linear and the levels are tiny in some cases.

You will like this more. ;)

its not a win10 store exclusive is it? I don't think so if it's free with some 390/390x cards. But it was a thought that crossed my mind.

Back