HIS 5970 is here!!!

Without eyefinity 3x30" monitor, I have no idea what you're going to use 5970 quadfire / crossfire for =p other then to heat your house

LOL. Ok here's the deal right. I placed my pre-order on the 5970 at Amazon because I figured, it would be good to have a backup plan in case I couldn't score one on the Egg or whatnot. And then I figured since the item wasn't supposed to be in stock till after Dec 24th, I'd just wait and receive it as a Christmas present.

I was browsing Amazon yesterday, and checked my account. I was SHOCKED to see that the 5970 had SHIPPED and was due to arrive the next day. I guess Christmas came early!! I'll be getting more NEC IPS monitors for Eyefinity, but right now my wallet has taken a major HIT! I'll get them for Christmas and hopefully Quadfire Eyefinity drivers will be fixed by then as well.
 
PrincessFrosty got your order yet?

I think I'm waiting the same delivery at eBuyer as you. Been awaiting allocation since 19/11/2009. Was due the 27th. Called them and they told me over 2 weeks more on the 27th when it said they were due in.

Still sat waiting. OC UK had one last week but I have 2 on order so did not want to cancel for one. Missed one at YoYo tech as well. Price is £443.47 + vat so I am hanging on as other cards are about £75-£100 premium.

Oh and it's the XFX Black Edition your getting right?
 
162 posts and not one Crysis / Crysis Warhead bench @ enthusiast settings...1920x1200 4xaa/16xaf, lol. Come on guys don't be scared, Crysis won't crush your epeen that bad, lol. I actually saw a youtube video of 5970CF running @ 1680x1050 8xaa/16xaf enthusiast settings and it would have some 40fps dips on the air strip scene. Handled all the other scenes real well though. Impressive, but not necessarily $1200 impressive.
 
162 posts and not one Crysis / Crysis Warhead bench @ enthusiast settings...1920x1200 4xaa/16xaf, lol. Come on guys don't be scared, Crysis won't crush your epeen that bad, lol. I actually saw a youtube video of 5970CF running @ 1680x1050 8xaa/16xaf enthusiast settings and it would have some 40fps dips on the air strip scene. Handled all the other scenes real well though. Impressive, but not necessarily $1200 impressive.

I played Warhead with those settings and got between 35 and 45 fps, with a couple dips. But not bad, totally a great gaming experience.
 
162 posts and not one Crysis / Crysis Warhead bench @ enthusiast settings...1920x1200 4xaa/16xaf, lol. Come on guys don't be scared, Crysis won't crush your epeen that bad, lol. I actually saw a youtube video of 5970CF running @ 1680x1050 8xaa/16xaf enthusiast settings and it would have some 40fps dips on the air strip scene. Handled all the other scenes real well though. Impressive, but not necessarily $1200 impressive.

I played through the first 1/2 hour of Crysis patch to 1.2, playing with a single stock 5970 at 2560x1600 16xAF 0xAA and max settings except for motion blur which I put to medium simply out of preference. Ran completely fine, over 30fps at all times an average of something around 40FPS

I've just put on 5870 clock speeds so will be trying again soon, should be a comfortable 50fps average, might even have room for 2xAA we'll see today :)
 
So eBuyer shipped yours and not mine. Still waiting. Item now shows:-

Sorry, this product is now discontinued and is no longer available for sale on the Ebuyer.com website.

I have had no message as to whether mine are coming as the order is stillthere. Nice one.
 
I'd like to see some screenshots of the crysis benchmark with 5970 CF :cool:
 
Heres some crysis benches
Do not mind my Physx card is showing.


Single 5970 with 285 Physx.
1920x1200 Enthusiast settings 0x,2x,4x,8x Airfeild


1920x1200 Enthusiast settings 0x,2x,4x,8x Avalanche
 
162 posts and not one Crysis / Crysis Warhead bench @ enthusiast settings...1920x1200 4xaa/16xaf, lol. Come on guys don't be scared, Crysis won't crush your epeen that bad, lol. I actually saw a youtube video of 5970CF running @ 1680x1050 8xaa/16xaf enthusiast settings and it would have some 40fps dips on the air strip scene. Handled all the other scenes real well though. Impressive, but not necessarily $1200 impressive.

LOL 40 min fps is bad??? with early drivers? Good Job keep on trolling :D
 
Guys, has anyone tried running Crysis: Warhead in DX9? I just did and got an INSANE performance boost.

I am rarely dipping below 40 FPS at 2560x1600, usually at 50 on a single 5970. Haven't tested other levels yet.. but I get about half the performance in DX10 at the same locations. And no.. the FPS is not being misreported, it actually feels 2x as smooth.

Screenshots:

http://relm.exophase.com/crysis/Crysis64-2009-12-04-23-12-32-36.jpg
http://relm.exophase.com/crysis/Crysis64-2009-12-04-23-12-50-93.jpg
http://relm.exophase.com/crysis/Crysis64-2009-12-04-23-13-38-66.jpg

Weird thing, if I use the scope on any of my weapons performance drops back down to DX10 levels until I go back to the menu and reload the level. No modified config here.. this is all default. Running the DiRT 2 hotfix drivers btw.
 
Last edited:
LOL insane performance in Crysis DX9 ,Yes always been like that.
How about Nvidia I always had great luck,Dont get me wrong I like ATI too.
My 3x285 Cards
Screens reduced for forum





 
I'd like to see some screenshots of the crysis benchmark with 5970 CF :cool:

No you don't, no one wants to see that. It's awful, god awful. I think I actually saw better performance with the single 5970 than with both of them and a GTX 295.

Already sold off my Sapphire 5970 and both 295s, going to go henceforth with a single 5970 and a GTX 275 for PhysX. I'll wait for the CrossfireX crap to get ironed out first.
 
LOL insane performance in Crysis DX9 ,Yes always been like that.
How about Nvidia I always had great luck,Dont get me wrong I like ATI too.

Well back when I had a Nvidia card (GTX275) there was very little performance difference between DX9 and DX10 with Crysis, maybe 5FPS at most. So I am just a little surprised at the difference I'm seeing here with the 5970.

Nice shots btw :)
 
Has anyone tried Crysis with Eyefinity yet? I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with running it.
 
Back
Top