HIS 5970 is here!!!

vjcsmoke

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
4,511
Wow I can't wait to start some benchmarks and overclocking!
Right now I installed using the beta 5 drivers from AMD's website.
This thing is a beast! But my HAF 932 fits it easily with an inch of clearance left over. =)

Pictures and benches coming up soon!
 
Ok here are some pics as promised. A gpu-z screenshot verification and some pics from the unboxing.

Need latest 0.3.7 gpu-z to recognize the 5970 goodness.
5970gpuz.jpg


The HIS 5970 box
103_6314.jpg


5970 inside static bag
103_6317.jpg


5970 unwrapped
103_6319.jpg


5970 vs puny 9600 GSO
103_6320.jpg


5970 installed in system
103_6324.jpg
 
hopefully its not broken like my sapphire 5970 was, and if it is hopefully your retailer treats you better than newegg is doing me.
 
Streetfighter IV Benchmark. As expected, the 5970 crushes it even at 8xAA and maxed out settings.

SFIV5970Default.jpg
 
3dmark Vantage numbers. The 5970 easily cracks the 20k mark at default speeds without physX enabled.

3dmarkVantage5970Default.jpg


Next I will try to get PhysX working and run the bench again.
 
Mine arrived today also. Hopefully I will have a chance tonight to install it.
 
Can't get PhysX enabled yet. Looks like that might take a while to get going...
I'll try OCing in a bit. But first I want to try out a few games at stock speeds. =)
 
3dmark Vantage numbers. The 5970 easily cracks the 20k mark at default speeds without physX enabled.

3dmarkVantage5970Default.jpg


Next I will try to get PhysX working and run the bench again.

My 295 vantage comparison. I was expecting you to get much higher scores. :confused:

vantagez.jpg
 
Don't understand why the i7 is getting beat out by a slower clocked quad 9550 either. :confused:
 
Streetfighter IV Benchmark. As expected, the 5970 crushes it even at 8xAA and maxed out settings.


THat is very bad i get double the frames at double the resolution something is wrong with your drivers or system.
I get 227FPS at 2560x1600 8xAA

Untitled.jpg
 
Streetfighter IV Benchmark. As expected, the 5970 crushes it even at 8xAA and maxed out settings.

SFIV5970Default.jpg

GTX295 screenshot street fighter 4 comparison. Lol @ "The way it's meant to be played" logo at the beginning of the game. Definitely some Nvidia cheating going on in here just like Batman with AA blocked. :p

gtx295str4.jpg
 
THat is very bad i get double the frames at double the resolution something is wrong with your drivers or system.
I get 227FPS at 2560x1600 8xAA

Untitled.jpg

Holy shnaps...that's more like it....oh NM...gamingarena, you aren't maxing out the settings...when you max out everything it shows the ken logo...no way I could get 227fps at that resolution with 8xaa though, so I don't know.
 
GTX295 screenshot street fighter 4 comparison. Lol @ "The way it's meant to be played" logo at the beginning of the game. Definitely some Nvidia cheating going on in here just like Batman with AA blocked. :p

NO look at my benchmarks just double the frames of 295GTX kills it, his setting or drivers are wrong or something
 
No, definitely something wrong there. But he maxed everything out, and you didn't max everything out. You guys are running i7s though at 4ghz probably, my little q9550 is getting pwned. When you max it all out it'll show the ken logo at the end.
 
Holy shnaps...that's more like it....oh NM...gamingarena, you aren't maxing out the settings...when you max out everything it shows the ken logo...no way I could get 227fps at that resolution with 8xaa though, so I don't know.

What settings are there extra?
Everything is on max except the ink filters at the bottom what else is there ?
Any hidden settings that i should know?
 
No, definitely something wrong there. But he maxed everything out, and you didn't max everything out.

Dont forget my resolution too 4Mpixel compared to 2Mpixels on his.

Let me know what else should i turn on cause i have everything on max 16xAf, 8xAA and all the setting to the max except on the bottom the filters are of the one that you change the look of the game.
Anything else i can turn on let me know and i will redo the bench?
 
Then my guess is that the op's card just isn't scaling in the game then. What drivers are you using...you should let him know.
 
Dont forget my resolution too 4Mpixel compared to 2Mpixels on his.

Let me know what else should i turn on cause i have everything on max 16xAf, 8xAA and all the setting to the max except on the bottom the filters are of the one that you change the look of the game.
Anything else i can turn on let me know and i will redo the bench?

The last two settings are Touch, and Particles...and the lame menu music is killing me, lol. Oh can you run vantage @ regular performance settings as well?
 
Then my guess is that the op's card just isn't scaling in the game then. What drivers are you using...you should let him know.

Sorry my bad the AF setting were at 8 instead of 16x
Here i did with 16xAF now its Ken ;)

Untitled-2.jpg
 
Last edited:
That's insane > same clocks in your sig? Your clocks could be the difference maybe since the op is running stock clocks.
 
That's insane > same clocks in your sig? Your clocks could be the difference maybe since the op is running stock clocks.

Yeah the clocks are the same as my signature and the drivers are the Beta5.

I was getting 244 FPS with 2x 5870 in x-fire 900/1250 same settings
 
Yeah the clocks are the same as my signature and the drivers are the Beta5.

I was getting 244 FPS with 2x 5870 in x-fire 900/1250 same settings

did you change any settings (turn them off) in ATI's CCC?
maybe the other guy has MSAA? edge detect?

there has to be something we are missing. it's like Sesame Street (ONE OF THESE THINGS IS DOING ITS OWN THING)
 
I'm starting to agree with gamingarena. Some of those feature tests vantage scores seem really low.

I'd like to know if the OP has turned on any additional 3D features in the ATI CCC
Also with (2) x 5870 I get a GPU score of ~25100 in Vantage....WTF
 
PS3. Please stop posting in every thread about your GTX295. No one cares. You are ruining entire threads for forum members. I came in here hoping to read about the experiences of someone with a 5970, and nearly half the posts are about your piece of shit irrelevant video card. Go away.
 
PS3. Please stop posting in every thread about your GTX295. No one cares. You are ruining entire threads for forum members. I came in here hoping to read about the experiences of someone with a 5970, and nearly half the posts are about your piece of shit irrelevant video card. Go away.

he was obsess with his 5850, then GTX 295....
 
PS3. Please stop posting in every thread about your GTX295. No one cares. You are ruining entire threads for forum members. I came in here hoping to read about the experiences of someone with a 5970, and nearly half the posts are about your piece of shit irrelevant video card. Go away.

So I take it you don't like my 295...:p

It's relevant to the thread any ways since my 295 is out performing the op's 5970 for some reason. If you don't like it don't read it.
 
So I take it you don't like my 295...:p

It's relevant to the thread any ways since my 295 is out performing the op's 5970 for some reason. If you don't like it don't read it.

we are talking about 5970 here, not GTX 295.

and its hard for people to read when you spam the thread with your large pictures.

every thread you been through, you keeps posting GTX 295 or 5850.

if you think that is fine to do when every other person gets annoying by it, I suggest you to stop posting and just keep it to yourself. there is nothing personal here, just a advice for you before you get yourself a [H]ard-bash.
 
So in this case ht hurts the score? :confused:

Odd

I think the op's 5970 vantage score will go up once he dials in his drivers perhaps. Right now I think he only has one gpu working due to his street fighter score. :confused:
 
Back
Top