High end PC owners Will YOU be buying the 360?!!

No. I won't.

I've never really been into consoles. I'm not saying they don't have their good points. I just always thought they were a waste of money. Although I must say the only reason I bought the first Underground and then Underground 2 and now Most Wanted was because of a PS2; my buddy had Underground on the PS2 and I played it and thought it was a cool game so I bought it for my computer.

DukenukemX said:
#4 PC gamers are console gamers. We are evolved console gamers. We grew up on console systems. Trust me we know.
Wow, that's not elitist at all. You really think you're evolved beyond me, just because I play on consoles and you play on a PC? :rolleyes:

Kevin Lowe said:
Wow, that's not elitist at all. You really think you're evolved beyond me, just because I play on consoles and you play on a PC? :rolleyes:
And to add to that. Not all PC gamers owned or even played a console even if they did have one.

I owned two consoles and never played either of them. An NES and that was back in the late 80's early 90's. And a PS1 in 2003.

I owned 24 games for the NES and one game for the PS1.

Neither of them ever saw any play time from me. Especially since I had a PC which I played a lot.

DukenukemX said:
#1 No such thing as reputable sources. If they make money off of it in any such way then their observation equals shit.

#2 Learn to love people like ray4389. These are the people who question anything that is given to them. Just cause someone either runs a website or writes articles in a magazine doesn't make their opinion gold.

#3 PC gamers can see better. Since PC gamers are always exposed to higher quality graphics they know their shit. We can see if AA is off or if there isn't enough filtering.

#4 PC gamers are console gamers. We are evolved console gamers. We grew up on console systems. Trust me we know.

- It can also be called the other way, just because ray4389 doesn't think COD2 looks as good on the Kiosk as it does on the PC, doesn't make it true... it is possible that he has a very biased opinion.

- I wish more people could back up their opinions with fact, or hard evidence. I'm well aware that not everyone can, but based on what your saying, anything written about the X360 unless written in a negative sense, is completely false. Remember ray4389 may or may not know everything? Some articles are written with genuine criticisms, and praises. I would take a compilation of reviews over ray4389 any day of the week. These guys are professionals, understand that.

- This comes down to simple understanding of AA and AF. It also takes a good eye. Just because you are a PC gamer doesn't make you any more or less capable of seeing that.

- You have since abandoned consoles and therefore have no understanding of the immersion one can receive from playing a console. PC gamers also suffer from a lack of understanding of the value of money, as well as gaming hardware. As many of you have not yet determined that many top end computers are equivalent at best to X360 and a financial comparison between the two would always seee the X360 on top. Even with this knowledge you still spend the hundreds and hundrerds of extra dollars on your computers.... See how generalizations such as this do none other but anger those being referred to? and in many ways can be completely and utterly false? Your generalizing a large group of people in a very vague and illogical fashion. I'm sorry but gamers come in too many shapes, sizes, and forms to just assume that PC and console gamers are in completely different classes.

Alot of PC gamers, are console gamers... and vice versa.

^^^The part about PC Gamers in the last one was only an example, I did not actually mean that. :)

Adam.

DukenukemX said:
#1 No such thing as reputable sources. If they make money off of it in any such way then their observation equals shit.

#2 Learn to love people like ray4389. These are the people who question anything that is given to them. Just cause someone either runs a website or writes articles in a magazine doesn't make their opinion gold.

#3 PC gamers can see better. Since PC gamers are always exposed to higher quality graphics they know their shit. We can see if AA is off or if there isn't enough filtering.

No reason for me to buy a 360 like all the sheep I'm seeing.

^This post as well as some of your other posts in various threads are so poor its laughable.

Is this a forum joke account or are you really this out of touch with reality?

Sigh, why do these threads always turn out like this. I really wish we'd all get along, games are games, no matter how you play them or what you play them on.

As for me though, I won't be buying a 360 anytime soon, since I'm usually not an early adopter, and also no games at launch hold my interest.

BillLeeLee said:
Sigh, why do these threads always turn out like this. I really wish we'd all get along, games are games, no matter how you play them or what you play them on.

As for me though, I won't be buying a 360 anytime soon, since I'm usually not an early adopter, and also no games at launch hold my interest.

Well, it's kind of like the Ford vs. Chevy, Dudge vs. Chevy, Honda vs. Toyota, Benz vs. BMW.........

I guess rivalries and debates like these are just part of our human nature.

diehard said:
You do know that the latest $700 dollar 512mb 7800GTX gets about 52 fps with no AA at 1280x1024, right?

I don't think that's true... If it is, it's a really, really crappy engine.

adam7488 said:
- You have since abandoned consoles and therefore have no understanding of the immersion one can receive from playing a console.
Try to understand that PC gamers never abandon consoles. We simply broaden our horizons.

Also what I said isn't true for everyone. There are exceptions but it does fit the majority.

Most gamers work like this.

First a beginner gamer gets a console. Usually gamers start with consoles. He then becomes a f@nboy of that console system. It always happens. We all had this happen to us.

Second gamers eventually look into other platforms. Such as other console systems and even the PC.

Eventually the gamer gets into PC gaming and gets things like graphic cards and may even build his own machine. Usually becoming a f@nboy of either Nvidia and ATI or AMD and Intel.

At this point as a gamer you'll want to play all the best games money can buy. While some people stay loyal to PC's or console systems, as a gamer you'd want every platform you can get your hands on.

For example I have all three console systems. I do enjoy PC gaming more then console systems but I still game on my consoles. Only because some really good games never make it to PC.

DukenukemX said:
Try to understand that PC gamers never abandon consoles. We simply broaden our horizons.

Also what I said isn't true for everyone. There are exceptions but it does fit the majority.

Most gamers work like this.

First a beginner gamer gets a console. Usually gamers start with consoles. He then becomes a f@nboy of that console system. It always happens. We all had this happen to us.

Second gamers eventually look into other platforms. Such as other console systems and even the PC.

Eventually the gamer gets into PC gaming and gets things like graphic cards and may even build his own machine. Usually becoming a f@nboy of either Nvidia and ATI or AMD and Intel.

At this point as a gamer you'll want to play all the best games money can buy. While some people stay loyal to PC's or console systems, as a gamer you'd want every platform you can get your hands on.

For example I have all three console systems. I do enjoy PC gaming more then console systems but I still game on my consoles. Only because some really good games never make it to PC.

Did you read my whole post??? I clearly stated at the end of my post, that my 4th statement was an example of the same illogical spattering that you had posted earlier.

How exactly did you come to this conclusion about gamers? How can you possibly know what the majority of gamers experience when they play video games?

Your definition of majority by no means fits me.

This is the second of two irrational posts DukenukemX.

Adam.

not that I have a high end PC but I'll be waiting to see what Nintendo comes out with first before I take the console plunge.

cod2 looks dam good on the 360 for a console but lack of aa and af and only 8 players online, its a bit of a let down for the xbox 360s killer title

Rash said:
cod2 looks dam good on the 360 for a console but lack of aa and af and only 8 players online, its a bit of a let down for the xbox 360s killer title

I thought only the demo builds had no AA/AF?

I'll get one eventually but I just built the PC in my sig - I have more awesome games for it than I play already so I'm in no particular rush. I've had more fun reading about the 360 and looking at the posts about people in line - and driving by the lines myself - than I would have with the 360 right now. I don't want one more damn thing to have to unbox, hook up and mess with at the moment.

I am really curious if I could go to Target right now and score a coupon at 7am but I'm also sleepy. I think I'll go to sleep. Old age... :p

DukenukemX is right on the money on every point he made. And as far as having an eye for detail.. Its not that a PC gamers have a better eye than console gamers, its just that PC gamers have been enjoying the luxury of AA and AF for far longer than console gamers. I saw COD2 in Target on High Def, looked good and ran smooth, but when you get close up and start looking @ the image quality....its just not there. Reminded me of playing COD in 640x480 with a controller.

I think that true hardcore gamers will want every flavor of gaming they can get their hands on regardless of platform. I will be buying a 360, just not yet.

-ToE

adam7488 said:
How exactly did you come to this conclusion about gamers? How can you possibly know what the majority of gamers experience when they play video games?
Cause all my friends started off with either Atari or Nintendo. They all becames f@nboys of Nintendo or Sega. They all eventually played Doom on their PCs. Eventually learned how to do multiplayer over a 28.8 and 14.4 modem. We owned every console system made since the 80's.

How I know this? Because my friends did this. I did this. My friends friends did this. My friends friends friends did this.

It's just an observation. Not to be considered offensive.

This is an animation of the average gamer.

Your definition of majority by no means fits me.
That's why you're called the exception.

The only things consoles do better than PC's are fighters and shooters, of which my dreamcast has plenty (the exception to this rule is the burnout series). If the PS2 drops to $100 for a new one I'll buy one because there are some games I would like to play on it, but no console is worth $400. When the PS3 launches I'll bet the 360 is at least $100 cheaper than it is now.

Yup. Spent aorund 3k on my system now. I play anything I have all the Next gen systems bow besides Xbox360 whcih ill be getting in a month.

I don't care which system is better if I like the game I'll buy it. Be it Nintendo,MS, or Sonys machine.

I'll buy it once some good quality games start coming out. I've never been impressed by console launch titles.

I went to BB last night to buy a new controller for my PC and the sales associates were making fun of the people who lined up outside in the pouring rain to buy an Xbox 360. They were saying things like: "Losers, I can't believe anyone would stand in the rain for a console."

The other associate replied with, "Yeah, why buy a console running Windows XP? If you want a computer then buy a decent computer. Not a console."

I somewhat agreed with them. Especially on the pouring rain part. I barely even wanted to go buy a controller for my computer due to the rain. But my want to play NFS: MW on Thanksgiving forced me to go anyway.

I'm in no way trying to cause a flame war. Consoles aren't my thing. But if you like them, then more power to you.

Although, I do have to say, they were running CoD2 on the demo Xbox last night and I've gotta say, it does look good.

I would have loved to be there to smack those BB employees around a few times(figuratively speaking of course). Unless you happen to be an enthusiast taking part in the similar culture that others like you are taking part it, you just will never know. When I was waiting for 11 hours inside a nice warm walmart waiting till launch, all of these old people who walked buy either gave us a nasty look, or just had to say something about how we were wasting our time and so on. One old fogie even asked us did we even have jobs? You just won't know how much something is worth to you if you don't care for that particular item or culture or way of life.

Moose777 said:
I went to BB last night to buy a new controller for my PC and the sales associates were making fun of the people who lined up outside in the pouring rain to buy an Xbox 360. They were saying things like: "Losers, I can't believe anyone would stand in the rain for a console."

The other associate replied with, "Yeah, why buy a console running Windows XP? If you want a computer then buy a decent computer. Not a console."

I somewhat agreed with them. Especially on the pouring rain part. I barely even wanted to go buy a controller for my computer due to the rain. But my want to play NFS: MW on Thanksgiving forced me to go anyway.

I'm in no way trying to cause a flame war. Consoles aren't my thing. But if you like them, then more power to you.

Although, I do have to say, they were running CoD2 on the demo Xbox last night and I've gotta say, it does look good.

It did show a lack of professionalism on their part.

Ooh, speaking of work, I guess I should go get ready. I'm gonna be late...lol

Well...

Played the Xbox 360 in 1080i HD last night..
eh :( .. Its a whole differ. world than computers..
But thats understanding.. as you will see in this 8 page thread..

No, i play all week on my PC and don't have enough time to play all the games i want to, why would i want something else.

Funny how many of you are saying THIS is what a gamer is or isn't. Want to proove something find some facts to back it up, the "well all my friends own all the system so we are leet kiddies" is not proof of your viewpoint. Although it is rather amusing to see you try to argue the point..so by all means continue kind of boreing at work today.

Seelenlos said:
No, i play all week on my PC and don't have enough time to play all the games i want to, why would i want something else.

Right.. Its like me.. i will buy the $400 gaming system.
But will watch TV more than i play the gaming system.

Guys... dont miss the point about the X360.

For a PC gamer who plays FPS, your PC will never be beaten, due to the controlability. A console controller will never make the grade when you are talkng about Hardcore FPS multiplayer.

However...

You will never beat Consoles when it comes to Sports Games and Racing titles. You cannot beat multiplayer aspect that Xbox LiVe will bring.

My first thought of the arrival of the Xbox360 was brilliant, we are going to have a console with high res that will be fun for sports games, like FIFA and PES and Racing games such as PRG and NFS, that thought has not changed. The console will be brilliant in all other area's of gaming apart from FPS, So it wont be replacing my PC, just complimenting it.

Rash said:
Some of the games look very good to me BUT, the lack of AA and high AF on some game demos i have seen on the 360 kiosks has put me off especially when you compare COD2 on both formats, i thought this machine was supposed to shit on everything else? Although i must admit for the price of the xbox you get good graphics etc....but still wont be buying one!

Bethesda's releasing the SDK on Xbox for Oblivion?

No?

Fuck it.

:D

Now, slap a keyboard and mouse on a 360 and hook me up with some great RPGs and... maybe.

No. I haven't bought a console since the original Sega Genesis. I have a high end pc to play games, not websurf or run word.

sarbz said:
Tell that to the Halo & Halo 2 players. I've seen some damn good players...all with the "awkward" controls.

See how long they last when you put them and their game pad on counter strike.

L0ony! said:
However...

You will never beat Consoles when it comes to Sports Games and Racing titles. You cannot beat multiplayer aspect that Xbox LiVe will bring.

I have to disagree. EA especially has been working hard to bring an "Xbox Live" type of atmosphere to their online PC sports/racing games. For example, Need for Speed: Most Wanted just came out, and the matchmaking online is extremely close to what I've seen for EA's Xbox titles. Madden, Tiger Woods, NBA Live, NHL, and all of their titles come out on PC and have good multiplayer.

Grab a proper PC USB gamepad, and you're good to go.

What I do believe is missing from the PC, which is what got me to buy an original Xbox, are games like Ninja Gaiden, which we don't get on PC as often. I know we got Prince of Persia and other's such as those, but sometimes the "Only on Xbox" moniker does do some good marketing for them.

Ludic said:
I have to disagree. EA especially has been working hard to bring an "Xbox Live" type of atmosphere to their online PC sports/racing games. For example, Need for Speed: Most Wanted just came out, and the matchmaking online is extremely close to what I've seen for EA's Xbox titles. Madden, Tiger Woods, NBA Live, NHL, and all of their titles come out on PC and have good multiplayer.

What I do believe is missing from the PC, which is what got me to buy an original Xbox, are games like Ninja Gaiden, which we don't get on PC as often. I know we got Prince of Persia and other's such as those, but sometimes the "Only on Xbox" moniker does do some good marketing for them.

Matchmaking is the least of it, don't you think?

XboxLive on the XBOX360 is extremely deep. I've barely scratched the surface on it. Now we can send voice/text messages while in game, any time, as well as start a chat session. Now there are these gamer profile thingers, too (which can be integrated into some message boards), and I barely know what they're capable of. This is on top of XboxLive's optimatch, friends, and other previous capabilities.

I think the closest thing to XBL would be XFire.. but not everyone who games online uses Xfire, and it's not integrated in everything like XboxLive is.

Ludic said:

Those types of games are exactly why I am getting a 360 after the first of the year.

Back