High end PC owners Will YOU be buying the 360?!!

Obi_Kwiet said:
See how long they last when you put them and their game pad on counter strike.
thats not even fair, the aiming systems of halo2 and conterstrike are all differnt, halo2 is a fast pace spray shooter(noobs spray and pray, but before the patch a pistol and smg could take someone out in a half second when properly aimed)where as cs is all about accuracy and not jumping over someones head with dual plasma rifles while they try franticly to turn around

L0ony! said:
Guys... dont miss the point about the X360.
However...
You will never beat Consoles when it comes to Sports Games and Racing titles. You cannot beat multiplayer aspect that Xbox LiVe will bring.

Hmm, we have all the sports games on pc!! you got a few more racing titles i give you that, but when it comes to multiplayer PC is king.... firstly you gotta pay for xbox live, secondly which would you prefer (price aside) an 8 player multiplayer game of xbox 360 call of duty 2 or a 64 player multiplayer game of call of duty 2 on a high end PC? the xbox 360 seems severely limited to the amount of players it can have on an online multiplayer game.

Well I've noticed, playing FPS's on a console system, that you can take more damage, or the enemies weapons do less, and the computer helps you aim due to how imprecise the controls are.

If the made the aiming systems the same, most people would find it very hard to play an FPS game with a gamepad.

Disagree on the whole net thing as well. I don't think when considering the multiplayer aspect, that it would be fair to forget about the sdk's, plethora of maps, and at least every now and again the decent mods. Sure there are maps available for xbox but not to the same extent. Selling a map pack to Halo2 seems queer to many a PC gamer. Xbox Live is great, but we're not even locked down to a particular team speak or anything. CoD2 is limited to fewer players than PC, they got the lesser version of BF2.. it's either got something to do with the gaming PCs abundance of Ram or the dedicated servers.

SPARTAN VI said:
Matchmaking is the least of it, don't you think?

XboxLive on the XBOX360 is extremely deep. I've barely scratched the surface on it. Now we can send voice/text messages while in game, any time, as well as start a chat session. Now there are these gamer profile thingers, too (which can be integrated into some message boards), and I barely know what they're capable of. This is on top of XboxLive's optimatch, friends, and other previous capabilities.

I think the closest thing to XBL would be XFire.. but not everyone who games online uses Xfire, and it's not integrated in everything like XboxLive is.

With the right combination of programs, you can do that on the PC, but better. Yes, Xfire is a great program for most of it. But it's not rare for someone to have the following programs running at once on a PC:

Ventrilo/Teamspeak
Xfire
IRC client (Gamesurge)

Using those programs, just about anyone can contact you to play a game online. Gamesurge is just about the standard for gaming IRC channels, which is where you can socalize and make new friends out of game. A lot of people get the info in game and add to Xfire, and most clans rent a voice chat server.

I'm not saying that it's better than Xbox Live, nor does it really matter. While Xbox Live has been around for the life of the Xbox, these types of programs, and online PC gamers using them has been longer. And I know that if there's a functionality on Xbox Live, that it's available on the PC as well, and if by chance it's not, someone will write a program that does it. It's the nature of PC gaming. If it doesn't exist, someone invariably creates it. Online console gaming has been emulating what online PC gaming has been doing for years.

I'm undecided about the Xbox360. I could swing either way, but I have a hard time throwing down $400 for a console when I'd love to upgrade to a dual core X2 4400 with a 7800GTX (since I'm still running socket 754).

And above all of that, the last time I bought a console on launch day (Dreamcast on 9/9/99), it ended up not being able to play games later in its lifetime that it should have been able to. I see the problems with the first run 360s, and it worries me. But then again, how many times have we seen a new video card come out and need to be RMA'd?

Rash said:
Some of the games look very good to me BUT, the lack of AA and high AF on some game demos i have seen on the 360 kiosks has put me off especially when you compare COD2 on both formats, i thought this machine was supposed to shit on everything else? Although i must admit for the price of the xbox you get good graphics etc....but still wont be buying one!

Fuck no I ain't buying no damn consoles. You can quote me.

Word to your mother.

Gibzilla said:
Fuck no I ain't buying no damn consoles. You can quote me.

Word to your mother.

Obviously from the hood ..... :eek: Yo G's are all about the PC then!! hmmmmm... you know its real....WORD

As someone who actually has a premium 360 and HDTV as well as a high end pc, they are more then comparable. I to saw the jaggies in the COD2 demo before I got one, and I can tell you for a fact they are not there in 720p and 1080i. Perfect Dark Zero also has some of the best looking enviroments and gun models I have seen in any game.

The jungle levels of this game make Far Cry look like a joke foilage wise and every other way possible. The foilage is just as extensive in one of the MP maps too, makes Far Cry single player look like a joke. Player models are about on par with any high end pc game that uses bump/normal/any other type of mapping and cool looking effect you have seen on the pc. As a dedicated PC gamer(Hell just got a game of CS:S out of the way last night until 2 am) I am very impressed with a console that is right up there with my computer for 400 dollars.

Siciliano said:
As someone who actually has a premium 360 and HDTV as well as a high end pc, they are more then comparable. I to saw the jaggies in the COD2 demo before I got one, and I can tell you for a fact they are not there in 720p and 1080i. Perfect Dark Zero also has some of the best looking enviroments and gun models I have seen in any game.

The jungle levels of this game make Far Cry look like a joke foilage wise and every other way possible. The foilage is just as extensive in one of the MP maps too, makes Far Cry single player look like a joke. Player models are about on par with any high end pc game that uses bump/normal/any other type of mapping and cool looking effect you have seen on the pc. As a dedicated PC gamer(Hell just got a game of CS:S out of the way last night until 2 am) I am very impressed with a console that is right up there with my computer for 400 dollars.

I feel the same way. I won't be playing FPS's on the 360, due to the fact that I hate gamepads. Autoaiming is for pussies. Still, there is likely to be alot of good games for the 360 over the course of its lifetime. I'll grab one when the availability gets better.

texuspete00 said:
Wow directly comparing an xbox360 game to a what, two year old game?

Well, it's still one of the best looking PC games out there. One of the only ones that showcases any serious amounts of foilage either.

The most fun I have ever had in an FPS is with Goldeneye for the N64. You use gamepads to play Goldeneye ..... so Im not sure what all the fuss over gamepads is about.

No way... you guys can't be serious about the "PC has fewer racing games than the X360" comment? The race-sim scene on the PC is absolutely huge... Grand Prix Legends, Live for Speed, rFactor, and GTR? And what of the mods based on Papyrus' NASCAR sims' and EA's F1 sims' game/physics engines? If you love driving games, you owe it to yourself to check these out... I haven't played for a while (I'm not hardcore enough to blow money on a solid wheel unlike the thousands of lunatics online :D), but before I stopped, GPL and LFS were two of the largest followings. GPL has been around for forever, and has probably THE most dedicated fans of any racing game. LFS is (relatively speaking) new on the scene, but has been making huge waves from day one, and now has one of the largest (and I'd put "loudest" in there also :D) fans in the PC racing community.

X360 might have the advantage over the PC in other genres, but "race-sim" is definitely not one of them.

Back