Help a girl out, will ya? :D

Seeing you want to overclock then try the Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro as a alternative to stock cooling.

Well there are five pages in this thread, and i don;t see one page where any one guide the girl correctly. All they want is to see her pictures. :mad: well i wanna see her picture too, but later.

Any way here is my suggestion: wait for 22nd if you can only 4 more days. if not then here it is:

E4300 Retail = $119 shipped.

500 Watts cooler master PSU = $19 AR $30REBATE

2GB OCZ GOLD PC6400 (800MHZ) =$63 AR

AbitP35 Motherboard = $117AR

COOLER MASTER GEMINNI= $18AR

500gb eSata hard Drive = $79. You can take the hard drive out for internal use and save the encloser. :)

MSI 8600GT = $104AR

DVD Burner = $30

Total = $ 549 .

OR Choose this setup and save.

8500GT = $59AR

Gigabyte P965 = $81

DVD Burner less than $30 pick one :)

Total = $468

Now can i have your picture. :D

And what if I can wait for 4 days, til the prices drop? XD - I can. lol

hahaha :D Of course you can have my picture! :D

Let this be a lesson to all of you.

If you want tons of explanation for anything online, in any type of male dominated forum there's ONE way you can have people hand over fist trying to help you.

;)

Not that I don't believe you're a girl. I just find it hilarious your thread turned into so many pages while it's such a common topic.

Anyhow, listen to those guys about the power supply, a cheap one is absolutely the wrong thing to buy it's the backbone of your system, and the sole component capable of murdering all the rest while you sleep.

Welcome to the forums, I'm certain from this reception everyone will do everything possible to make certain you enjoy your stay.

:D

Not that I don't believe you're a girl. I just find it hilarious your thread turned into so many pages while it's such a common topic.

That's also because it was posted in FS/FT. :p

Anyway, we all know who to watch out for now. ;)

Let this be a lesson to all of you.

If you want tons of explanation for anything online, in any type of male dominated forum there's ONE way you can have people hand over fist trying to help you.

;)

Anyhow, listen to those guys about the power supply, a cheap one is absolutely the wrong thing to buy it's the backbone of your system, and the sole component capable of murdering all the rest while you sleep.

Welcome to the forums, I'm certain from this reception everyone will do everything possible to make certain you enjoy your stay.

If you are saying the PSU i posted up there from CoolerMaster 550watts is bad, then please educated me about PowerSupplies. :confused:

sorry but why you recommending garbage to her? Honestly i rather get a Arctic Freezer 7 than a CoolerMaster geminni. also, who the hell want a PSU 12v with 16A? thats piece of Sh**.

It has dual 12v rails. ;)

Just a reminder to everyone that General Hardware is not a poor-man's GenMay
If you want to have off-topic thread and discussion about "LOL IT'S A GURL ON THE INTARWEBS!!!1ONEeLEVENTY", subscribe to General Mayhem and enjoy.
Otherwise, lets keep this on topic. It's a build thread, nothing more

OMFG Its a girl get our your Epenis, LOL
Ok, to the topic..... Everyone is putting some great Idea's on the Build. I have not done a budget build in about 5 months so i guess my idea's might be a little out dated but... The video card is a great choice. I agree that psu is a little lacking but i cant really say much because i have not done enough research on them to say something worth wile. I know a few good websites to keep track of every day is slickdeals and woot. You never know when a part you need will come up for really cheap.
http://www.slickdeals.net/
www.woot.com
I will do some reasearch tonight and throw in my 2 cents on the hole build and maybe i'll come up with the same, never know

i am asking what is the point of dual 12v rails ? anyway, 12v with 16A is a piece of sh** psu. take it or leave it.

Dual 12V rails is still 12V rail, you combine the AMPS on it, it might not add up completely to the total amps because they're on different rails, but if you take a look around... it's only the high-quality supplies that have single 12V rail, almost ALL supplies have more than one 12V rail.

So that means it has NOTHING to do with SLI.

LOL that's exactly what I was thinking. I've asked questions like this... which got like 5 posts in a week. HAH!

There are only about 5 people answering these type of questions. ;)

Anyway, that PSU really is great for the price.

I have NEVER seen a help build thread fill six pages, let alone fill six pages in a few hours....astonishing.

And um, yeah the build looks.... decent. (For topics sake)

I was thinking someone was playing necromancer with this thread but when I checked the OP's date it turns out this thread is only a few hours old.:confused:

Good news :D

If i can wait til next Thursday, I can go up to 600, possibly 700 smackers. XD (thanks to a loan from the parental units) XD

So that means I can get a nice case, PSU & etc XD woo hoo :D

And will y'all please stop with the woman-hating. lol I'm not a psycho & I don't wanna screw you.. I just want a dang compy. For gosh sakes peoples, focus!!! LOL :D

And um.. Thank you to everyone for their input. :D

wizard.jpg

:D Bloodninja ftw, for those of you that get it, you're invited to the party. Those that don't lose 500 internets points.

Awesome news on the loan, it's good you're being patient the price drops are literally Sunday and you don't want to waste your money until then. That's the good time to buy, more likely than that even a week after just to make sure the CPU's have sunk to their most appropriate level.

Be sure to scan the [H] deals section as well.

So kick back and relax and enjoy the mayhem a drop of estrogen has introduced into the hardforum...

hahaha, noone is woman hating anyhow. We're all just enjoying the comedy of all the woman adoring.

I'm enjoying this thread.

Good news :D

If i can wait til next Thursday, I can go up to 600, possibly 700 smackers. XD (thanks to a loan from the parental units) XD

So that means I can get a nice case, PSU & etc XD woo hoo :D

And will y'all please stop with the woman-hating. lol I'm not a psycho & I don't wanna screw you.. I just want a dang compy. For gosh sakes peoples, focus!!! LOL :D

And um.. Thank you to everyone for their input. :D

They're not woman-hating, they're just in bad need of woman-loving. :p

Anyway here's a really good PSU

Corsair 520HS 520watt PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139001

and then use what you have left after you pick a case to get a faster CPU like the E6600 or even the quad core Q6600.

:( :mad: *continues looking for a cheap half decent case*

I wasn't saying it's a bad case, just that it didn't have any fans and you'd have to buy at least one.

Here's a list of cases at Newegg.com under $80 (under $50 if you include rebates, which I don't) that come with at least one 120mm fan.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...CodeValue=870:8025&PropertyCodeValue=870:8026

some of those come with a PSU, don't count them as your PSU purchase since it'll most likely be a crappy or dangerous PSU included. Sell it on eBay to recoup some extra money.

I wasn't saying it's a bad case, just that it didn't have any fans and you'd have to buy at least one.

Here's a list of cases at Newegg.com under $80 (under $50 if you include rebates, which I don't) that come with at least one 120mm fan.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...CodeValue=870:8025&PropertyCodeValue=870:8026

some of those come with a PSU, don't count them as your PSU purchase since it'll most likely be a crappy or dangerous PSU included. Sell it on eBay to recoup some extra money.

:eek: You sneaky, clever man, you. :D :D LOL what a great idea! :D

And too much for a $600 PC.

Also, every power supply I've need mentioned > Ultra. Just for the record. I'd be happy with any of them over Ultra.

good points. :)

will have to comb the thread again to see which psu's you recommended. :D so much info here! :D

This is a normal reaction, I mean she's a girl and I'm a boy, what do you expect? especially for a board that's dominated by male.
Either way that's a good idea to attract attention by putting "girl" in the title thread ;)

Anyways this is my 2 cents.
Usually new egg has promo code, so subscribe with newegg so you can use the code
http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemai...nding.html?CMP=EMC-IGNEFL071707&ATT=MoreDeals

The case I'm using (aerocool Engine II) $75, has 2 fans, big one on the front and smaller one on the back.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0007&Description=AeroCool&name=Computer+Cases

HD: I prefer seagate HD since they have 5 yrs warranty on their OEM on newegg.
go for 500GB SATA II 7200.10 (PMR) for $110, for me that's a good deal, just don't go for the 400GB 7200RPM because it's not PMR.

Motherboard: get the P35 chipset that support DDR2 or support both DDR2 and DDR3 if you looking to upgrade to a new processor later on (the 45nm). I think this will give a less headache later on (changing mobo is not fun), if you want to upgrade. Of course P965 chipset is still the best.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&N=2010200280+107172277&name=Intel+P35+series
Stay away from the 680i chipset for now.

Memory: I'm not sure, I think G.Skill or Mushkin is fine. Just get DDR2 800 because it is the cheapest right now.

Video card: What kind of games do you play? I think 7900GS or the 7600GT is enough if you don't care much about games. but you should get a separate video card. EVGA has a good customer service and XFX has a double lifetime warranty which is good if you plan to resell it.

Processor: if you have more money, definitely go with Q6600 on july 22nd (that's a good deal), but this is the B3 stepping which is comparably hot, wait for the G0 ver. stepping to come out. if you can't, just get a good third party heat sink. I don't think they will cut that much on other lower procs, because it's already cheap. If you don't want spend more than 200 just get one of these instead: E4400, E6420, E6550, E6750.

any optical drive would be just fine (SATA or IDE)
The Power supply that you choose, should be fine. Make sure it has active PFC.
Just to let you know that OCing will void your processor warranty.

for softcore OCing I think you can use intel's heat sink, no need to buy a really good one, unless it's pretty hot in your area. I think that should get you around $600 to $700 without monitor.

Any plan to get a monitor?

This is a normal reaction, I mean she's a girl and I'm a boy, what do you expect? especially for a board that's dominated by male.
Either way that's a good idea to attract attention by putting "girl" in the title thread ;)

HD: I prefer seagate HD since they have 5 yrs warranty on their OEM on newegg.
go for 500GB SATA II 7200.10 (PMR) for $110, for me that's a good deal, just don't go for the 400GB 7200RPM because it's not PMR.

um, I believe all Seagate 7200.10 drives have PMR, and these 400GB drives definately have it.

That's why I'm pointing out the difference, the 7200.10 is better than 7200. The price is not that much difference between the PMR and the regular.

I like my 500gb 7200.10, it's very fast. Along with the dual core, it's been an amazing increase in speed from my 7200.7 200gb and 3000+ Athlon system. Windows XP installed in like 15 minutes, everything loads fast, I can alt+tab out of games no problem (ok mayb that last one doesn't have to do with the hard drive....)

You get the point though, the 7200.10's are priced like $5 more than other HDD's of the same storage space and are the fastest you can get right now before you move onto the Raptors.

Back