H2O Reactor

Bwahahaha, thanks for making me laugh in the middle of my class, that was a good one

TheRagingGerbil said:
I see your schwartz is as big as mine.
melloman said:
licht04.jpg
yeah.. but can you shoot it acrossed the ceiling... :eek:

(err.. no pics plaese...)

thore

melloman said:
it's NOT my picture...it isn't a picture of my work...
read...think...and then answer...
woops my mistake... thanks for being a jack ass about it though! Good luck on your project

If you put something like a sponge at the inlet it wil give some nice bubles where the light can reflect against. It will restrict the flow a bit tho.

Man that is friggin sweet can't wait for the next update on the project :)

yesterday i began with the holder for the tubes...

halterung01.jpg

and demounted the monitor...

halterung02.jpg

...and put it in front of the tubes...but the led in the left tube doesn't look like the other ones...i'll exchange it for another one...

halterung03.jpg

halterung04.jpg

if you had made the "window" like we see it on the 3d pic, i think it would have looke better. i mean this smaller window. (i hope the setence is right ^^)

I think a UV reactive substance around the monitor trim (or perhaps make your own monitor bezel?) would look kickass and put the icing on the cake :cool: .

two new pics of the monitor mounting...

i won't mount the monitor with screws...i'll just hang it on...

halterung07.jpg

halterung06.jpg

i've finished the first part of the tube-mounting...today i'll make the second part and the detail work...

halterung08.jpg

halterung09.jpg

I really like the bubbles. Will this be an ongoing feature? Thought of something similar for FF but became concerned with the complexity of getting the air to circulate from top to bottom. How do you intend to keep the system from filling up with air? I had thought of an aquarium pump that would recycle the air from top to bottom.

can i make a bit of a suggestion? tell me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't having the intake and outtake on the cylanders right next to eachother mean you'll have still water up toward the top of the tubes that doesn't change temp? if so, you could fix this problem by attaching a long hard tube to the intake hole so that when the water enteres the cylander, it has to exit out at the top and then flow downward, effectivly cooling it just that much more through convection before reaching the outtake hole to be circulated to the rest of hte systems.

I'm thinking it's doing this now:

_| <-- \/
|_______________________________________________

my idea would look like this:

_| <-----------------------------------------------------------\/
|_______________________________________________

does this make any sence?

EDIT: on a side note, if you did this, you could either have the hard tube extending within the cylander just short enough to be blocked by the white foil, or you could actually make it extend JUST to the edge of the white foil and have the water shoot out in a fountain like fasion (if the pump creates enough pressure) while being lit by the LED's to make a neat sci-fi bubbling test tube effect. just an idea :)

ajampaniki said:
If you put something like a sponge at the inlet it wil give some nice bubles where the light can reflect against. It will restrict the flow a bit tho.

not sure this would work anyways considering sponges dont create bubbles. maybe if it was already pumping pockets of air it would spread the bubbles out more, but otherwise pushing water through a sponge wouldn't do anything but lower waterflow.

the leds are inside of these things...

185310_BB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

my light controller...

1 - off
2 - on
3 - sound2light
4 - hdd-light

steuerung01.jpg

@everfalling
i think the waterflow will reach the top of the tube...anyway i can't do this, because the tubes are already closed *g*

Sorry if this has allready been answered/asked but, what program are you using for those models/CADs?

Son1990 said:
Sorry if this has allready been answered/asked but, what program are you using for those models/CADs?
magic

jkjk, i dont know, but i'll use anything that would make ame a case like that

finished the second part of the tube mounting...

halterung15.jpg

halterung16.jpg

halterung17.jpg

halterung18.jpg

but someone disturbed me while i was workin...

maus01.jpg

Back