H2O Reactor

agb01.jpg

agb02.jpg

soo ehh if i fly out and pay you your gonna teach me how you do leet stuff like this right? or just hell..adopt me, i have a job, i cost no money lmao

sounds good...maybe i can fly out for a week sometime when im not so busy, i would be more then willing to pay you for your time...not sure how much an hour you would want, or a day, but i would deffintly like to watch you work and learn some stuff...the stuff you true modders do is just simply mind blowing....

so are you going to just paint the tubes white and leave windowsin them
or are you going to put some kind of PVC around the actual resevoirs and cut windows in the PVC to see the resevoirs?

or do you plan to just leave them clear?

melloman said:
k, here's my new project, after the skyscraper...
Now THAT'S modding! Get to work, we don't want to bne disappointed!! Can't wait to see this one done.

today i've ordered the whole watercooling stuff...

- laing ddc 12V
- laing ddc plexi mod
- zern pq cpu cooler

how about Project: Poseidon or Networking Neptune or something, I don't know, I'm bored.

How many components will you be cooling? You could easily use each of those three tubes as a sealed bong cooler and possibly eliminate the radiator from your waterloop.

how does a bong cooler work ?
how do i make that ?
that would be extremely cool :)

melloman said:
how does a bong cooler work ?
how do i make that ?
that would be extremely cool :)

basically, you pump the water to the top of a tube (bong) and using a shower head, you spray the water back down the tube to cool it.

bong coolers

melloman said:
and how should i realize that in my tubes ?

If each tube acts as a reservoir, you'd just have to have water go in at the top and through some kind of filter or spray that sprinkles the water down to the bottom, where it moves on to the next component. If the system is closed it ensures that water will enter the tube at the same rate it leaves so you don't even need to worry about air.

it should just airating water from the "showerhead" should cool it. but i wouldn't think it would be too drastic.

melloman said:
but does it cool down in a closed tube ?
It will cool down quite a bit, add some aluminum inside and find a way to make it poke out the top of the tubes (like heatsinks), and it will cool even better! Kind of a reverse zalman reserator.
:cool:

today i've got some of the watercooling parts...

laing ddc pro
laing.jpg

zern pq
zern.jpg

schlauch.jpg

schlauch_glow.jpg

and some other parts

power cable for the leds in the reservoirs
stromkabel.jpg

stecker.jpg

I'm assuming that the long pipes are going to double as radiators and reservoirs? How will the watercooling be set up, will you pump water into the top and then have gravity force it around the waterblocks?

Whatever you do with it, it looks awesome.

i don't know why, but in real they don't look as long as on the image...
no, i'll use a simple 120mm radiator with a noiseblocker fan...

I really would try to make it fanless... As some people said, make the water enter from the top of the tubes and fall over some aluminum fins that stick outwards. It would cool it quite well if it isnt that big of a load I would think. Would save some money on a radiator anyway :p

I think it would be fun to see some pictures showing everything you have @ this moment :)

BigLurch said:
I think it would be fun to see some pictures showing everything you have @ this moment :)
That's what I was thinking. Those reservoirs look huge. How much do you figure they'll hold?

Just to let you guys know (I registered when I saw his towers and their capability to cool)
the tower wont work as a radiator unless you have the tubes open with air moving past. Putting aluminum inside would not only promote corrosion, but it would make a VERY poor substitute for a radiator. Assuming you followed my easy to understand guide :rolleyes: Building a Watertower , or adapting it to your own usage, it wouldnt work unless it was perpendicular to whatever surface it's set upon.

Dan

P.S. finish your case mod crimsonsky!

^^ What he said. You have to move the heat somewhere.

In the original render, the tubes are filled with water, supposedly as some sort of energy source. I recommend that you use an air pump made for fish tanks. Light the inside of the tube a nice bright blue and run air up into the tube from below or the sides, creating the illusion of movement inside of the tube. Don't fill the tubes completely, leaving an air gap at the top and have the fish tank pumps collect from that gap, to circulate the air, or leave a small hole at the top of the tubes, allowing the air to escape that is pumped in at the bottom.

pump looks good

how is the progress coming melloman im watching this thread for updates daily :)

ok, today i've ordered the second psu...
tomorrow i should get the cpu, so that i can test the system and install an os...

when i have the second psu i'll cut some aluminium parts and mount the base parts together...

i could arrange an apointment with my toolmaker for today...
he's able to mill me some aluminium parts like a water manifold or the reservoir caps...

edit:

some sketch of the framework...

gestell.gif

Back