[H]OT: M-m-m-m-m-ONSTER KILL! EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition $200 @ buy.com

I bought mine around Noon Central Standard Time on the 10. It was the regular super clocked version and I tried to upgrade the shipping when I called. Unfortunately they are saying they are looking for a seller to fulfill the order. Hopefully this goes through....if not then Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition joystick here I come.

Mine still is "In the shipping process" paid by credit card for the eVGA SC GTX 280, but I used the free shipping instead of the default "standard" one. Hope I didn't screw myself out of a cheap card by doing so :eek: !

Mine is also still "In the shipping process", I ordered a SSC at 5AM EST with a CC and used free shipping. I'm assuming our orders will be fulfilled after the non-free shipping orders.

finally shipped :). I choose free shipping

shipped.jpg

A lot of people at SlickDeals have shipped their SC Edition.

My SSC is still in the shipping process >=( thought we'd have an answer today (besides they need a supplier, no duh).

Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition joystick here I come.

Hah! Was debating the same thing. Ended up ordering the eVGA SSC and the Hori RAP3 instead of worrying about it. Got the stick today, but still waiting for my tracking number on the card aieeeeee!

It appears that not a single person who ordered the SSC has got a tracking number yet. I'm guessing these got oversold by 50% or more...

How long does it take to find a supplier?

I also want to know even though they over-ordered, what about the stock they had?

Looking good so far then, I don't think it matters if it takes a few extra days. Most people who jumped on the deal didn't need a new card anyway :)

Looking good so far then, I don't think it matters if it takes a few extra days. Most people who jumped on the deal didn't need a new card anyway :)

Depends on what your definition of "need" is. For me it I need it because I want to play my games all maxed with my new monitor.

I guess I am in the not "need" category, I already have a 4870 512MB.. but I would love to try the GTX280 too!:) especially for 200 lolz. I guess I could wait a little bit, just make sure it arrives before the rebate expire:(

Guess I can update with some info also.
Ordered 2 cards 1 EVGA 1 BFG

BFG just shipped and waiting for the EVGA SC still. Glad I didnt jump at the SSC from what I am reading so far.

Speak for yourself. :D I'm running a crappy X300 128MB card in my i7 rig. Probably in the bargain bins for $4 ... I need a new video card, lol :eek:

[DFR]Random;1033587091 said:
Hah! Was debating the same thing. Ended up ordering the eVGA SSC and the Hori RAP3 instead of worrying about it. Got the stick today, but still waiting for my tracking number on the card aieeeeee!

Is that the stick model for the PS3? I was thinking about buying one and modding it with Sanwa buttons and a Happ Joystick unfortunately they didn't make that model for the Xbox 360.

Oh and let's keep our fingers crossed on the card being shipped.

[H]adouken;1033587080 said:
A lot of people at SlickDeals have shipped their SC Edition.

My SSC is still in the shipping process >=( thought we'd have an answer today (besides they need a supplier, no duh).

My SC hasn't shipped yet, hoping it does... I am going to run SLI GTX 280's if it does to drive my new Dell 3007WFP-HC @ 2560x1600 :D.

Speak for yourself. :D I'm running a crappy X300 128MB card in my i7 rig. Probably in the bargain bins for $4 ... I need a new video card, lol :eek:

Haha, I know, I know. I meant that a lot of people jumped on it simply because it was such a great deal. So unless you were planning to buy a 280 anyway you would have been stuck with your X300 a lot longer if the deal didn't come along!!

Is that the stick model for the PS3? I was thinking about buying one and modding it with Sanwa buttons and a Happ Joystick unfortunately they didn't make that model for the Xbox 360.

Oh and let's keep our fingers crossed on the card being shipped.

Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 is for PS3.
Theres a HRAP EX for Xbox 360 which is basically a RAP3 on Xbox360. It has the same Sanwa joystick & Hori buttons (modifyable to Sanwas)
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Real..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1231802766&sr=8-2

I use my HRAP3 almost exclusively for ggpo.net

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My billing summary is now showing the charges.
Took a while after shipping for it to show up...

Nice... Looks like this wasn't a pricing error. Hopefully it means prices are going to keep going lower.

I ordered an SSC, still in shipping.

Very annoying that the others seem to be going through, but not for anyone that ordered the SSC. Hell, at this point I'd be fine if they subbed it. I just want to get the card!

damn!, i just saw this thread. Sucks I just got two 260GTX for SLI, now this... geeeeez:eek:

Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 is for PS3.
Theres a HRAP EX for Xbox 360 which is basically a RAP3 on Xbox360. It has the same Sanwa joystick & Hori buttons (modifyable to Sanwas)
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Real..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1231802766&sr=8-2

I use my HRAP3 almost exclusively for ggpo.net

Nice I may just get this instead of the Tournament Edition and just throw in some Sanwa's. I like their short spring action but I'm used to the HAPP buttons but that Sanwa stick is going to take some time to get used to I'm used to the HAPP clubs.

Decisions, decisions. :D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Woot! My SC shipped! Tracking number and everything. Thank you Hardforum!
I think i ordered mine around 11am CST.

edit: and I picked free shipping.

I ordered the ssc version and it still is in shipping processing. I know I was one of the first few to order as well I chose free shipping though :(

I ordered the ssc version and it still is in shipping processing. I know I was one of the first few to order as well I chose free shipping though :(

Not a single person who ordered the SSC has anything beyond "In the shipping process", the shipping method is not why, a few members said it's on "back-order". :confused:

Well at least nothing is being charged to my CC yet. My available balance is down, but nothing officially showing up in activity or amount due in payment. Still processing here.

Figured I'd chime in with the rest of the posters here. I ordered the eVGA SSC GTX 280 at 9:08 CST (1/10/09), or 7:08 their time, but it's still stuck in 'Processing'. Thanks for the updates everybody. I'll wait patiently and hopefully by tomorrow have an answer one way or another.

Well at least nothing is being charged to my CC yet. My available balance is down, but nothing officially showing up in activity or amount due in payment. Still processing here.
Mine already shipped and I don't see anything on my CC.
Both statuses (on the left side and right side of the page) show "Complete". I use a Chase credit card which requires me to entire a password everytime I make online purchases, but strangely it never asked me on Buy.com's order.

Anyhow, anyone who has a tracking number, is there any status showing for your shipment?
Mine still says "No info currently available" on the FedEx tracking screen.

Dude we don't even know if we'll get them, don't worry about us selling ours anytime soon lol.

I hope everyone, myself included, who ordered the SSC get an update in the morning with "Shipped" status... :)

I'm out for now...

Buy.com really screwed the pooch on this. Their computer systems really messed up big time. Did they not realize that dropping the price another $80-100 dollars was going to bring in hundreds if not thousands of orders?

Oh well, I won't be too mad if they cancel my order. I'll wait a little while and see if there will be any price drops on the GTX 295. Yea it's slower than the 2 SSCs I ordered, but still pretty good for a single card.

sent to warehouse = on the find the product to box and ship list. If they're OOS you're order will be stuck here.

Back