[H]OT: M-m-m-m-m-ONSTER KILL! EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition $200 @ buy.com

SSC sold out the fastest. When I saw this deal here at [H] around 12pm Saturday originally I was going to get the SSC version like everyone else, but it sold out while I was looking around at all the gtx 280s buy.com had a sale on. So I just went for Evga gtx 280 sc, which buy.com had a bigger stock off judging from people comments.

[H]adouken;1033587890 said:
Did you order the SSC?

Did you get any email!?

Did you see sent to warehouse?!

GIVE US THE FxKIN DETAILS!

:D

I'm pretty sure he got the SC.

[H]adouken;1033587890 said:
Did you order the SSC?

Did you get any email!?

Did you see sent to warehouse?!

GIVE US THE FxKIN DETAILS!

:D
Posted earlier (a few pages back).

My EVGA SC just changed to shipped within the last 15 minutes.
Ordered January 10th, 11:30 AM EST with the default shipping (Non-free), paid with credit card.

I got lucky, I noticed all of the threads about this deal were linking directly to the eVGA SSC so I purposely avoided it.

edit;
"Estimated delivery
Jan 19, 2009 "

Slow ass FedEx.

I got lucky, I noticed all of the threads about this deal were linking directly to the eVGA SSC so I purposely avoided it.

I did the same thing. The performance difference isn't going to be anything I'll care about, and I could always try to OC to SSC clocks.

Thank you for your email regarding order #45028281.

According to our website, item #208290483 indicated that it would take 1 to 2 business days from the date you placed your order before it would ship out. Currently, the item is still within that fulfillment time frame. We are expecting your order to be shipped out on or around 1/13/09. Shipping confirmation and tracking information will be sent via e-mail once this item is shipped.

Thank you for your business.

[H]adouken;1033587989 said:
Thank you for your email regarding order #45028281.

According to our website, item #208290483 indicated that it would take 1 to 2 business days from the date you placed your order before it would ship out. Currently, the item is still within that fulfillment time frame. We are expecting your order to be shipped out on or around 1/13/09. Shipping confirmation and tracking information will be sent via e-mail once this item is shipped.

Thank you for your business.

got that one also (except for the BFG OC2 #208353392), emailed them today and was told it was OOS and they were not sure when they would send me the card. Can cancel at anytime though but lets see where my order goes.

My SC hasn't shipped yet (free shipping, credit card order) still :(. Hoping it updates soon to shipped!

Kinda wish I would've gone with the SC now. I got my order in shortly after 5am when I saw the post, kind of panicked when I saw the price and jumped on the SSC. Hope some of us get lucky tomorrow. Still in "processing". :rolleyes:

This is odd to me:

I ordered 2 cards. BFG OC2 and the EVGA SC

I have a tracking number/estimated delivery for the BFG, but it HASN'T been charged to my card yet.

The EVGA is "in shipping process" but HAS been charged to my card.

Strange

This is odd to me:

I ordered 2 cards. BFG OC2 and the EVGA SC

I have a tracking number/estimated delivery for the BFG, but it HASN'T been charged to my card yet.

The EVGA is "in shipping process" but HAS been charged to my card.

Strange
Same results with the shipped card and no charge.
I've never seen it take this long... I'll be the happiest guy ever if they screw up and ship out a free GTX 280.

With all the load their system has been getting, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them slipped by.

Anyone know of any other good GTX 280 deals worth canceling this buy.com deal for? I mean even thought AR it's 200 awesome bucks only, I'd be willing to cancel for $230-240 if they don't give me an answer by tomorrow.

Lol idk why everone with their cards shipped are complaining about the 2nd day shipping was only 8.51 extra. Which is why I paid for i for 2nd because I just can't wait.

Lol idk why everone with their cards shipped are complaining about the 2nd day shipping was only 8.51 extra. Which is why I paid for i for 2nd because I just can't wait.
For a $200 GTX 280, I'll tolerate waiting a few days.
But I see your point.

For a $200 GTX 280, I'll tolerate waiting a few days.
But I see your point.

Lol Idk if I will even get my order, if I do great I wont have to buy another card till I graduate a year and a half. If not No biggie.

See, it is not me being cheap... I live in NYC and buy.com charges tax here. So the 200 GTX280 is not really 200 for me. After filled up everything, it is actually 240 shipped for me before the rebate and I might not get the rebate. If I add the extra shipping, it would be close to 250 for me which would not make this deal really hot since newegg got the GTX280 for 290 shipped... Newegg got a warehouse here in NJ so it is pretty much next day shipping for me too.

I got charged but mine still says processing. I paid by debit, but on the website it says they only charge you once it's shipped?

I live in NYC to and it came out to 200 shipped AR...

idk, they charged tax on me. I thought it was normal since Amazon also tax me. They charge me tax every time I buy something from them. Both their site and their ebay store tax me. I guess I will call them tomorrow about this issue too. Thx for the head up!

I ended up ordering the PNY as all of the other 280's had gone up in price by the time I found this thread. In fact, the price of the PNY jumped back up within a minute of placing my order.

Sooooo, has anyone that ordered a PNY card gotten a shipping confirm or a charge that's gone through?

Mine has been charged to my card, but still says processing. I placed my order Sunday morning 9am EDT.

If it doesn't come oh well. There will be other deals popping up soon enough with new cards rumored to be just around the corner.

Mine has been charged as well, but it's still under Processing with something about shipping. The weird thing about is that the shipping blurb under the order status just came up today, so I'm inclined to believe it will ship....?

[H]adouken;1033587651 said:
Dude we don't even know if we'll get them, don't worry about us selling ours anytime soon lol.

LOL well if you do get it and don't want it let me know. Hopefully they get going on these for you guys.

Jan 12, 2009 9:15 PM

In transit

HAGERSTOWN, MD

Next scheduled tracking update: Jan 13, 2009

7:44 PM

Departed FedEx location

LEWISBERRY, PA

12:51 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

LEWISBERRY, PA

11:42 AM

Picked up

LEWISBERRY, PA

Awesome, looks like I'll get my card tommorow.

I hope you and at least others get theirs that have tracking numbers. Even if they cancel mine for w/e reason a few of us might get lucky.

Jan 12, 2009 9:15 PM

In transit

HAGERSTOWN, MD

Next scheduled tracking update: Jan 13, 2009

7:44 PM

Departed FedEx location

LEWISBERRY, PA

12:51 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

LEWISBERRY, PA

11:42 AM

Picked up

LEWISBERRY, PA

Awesome, looks like I'll get my card tommorow.

Now I am jealous..... What time did you order?

DEAD and that card is nv missing a critical bump layer on chip basically crap :p

See, it is not me being cheap... I live in NYC and buy.com charges tax here. So the 200 GTX280 is not really 200 for me. After filled up everything, it is actually 240 shipped for me before the rebate and I might not get the rebate. If I add the extra shipping, it would be close to 250 for me which would not make this deal really hot since newegg got the GTX280 for 290 shipped... Newegg got a warehouse here in NJ so it is pretty much next day shipping for me too.

You lost me there. 250<290...period.

Still waiting on my BFG OC2.....

Ordered free shipping =

Ship date
Jan 12, 2009
Estimated delivery
Jan 13, 2009

Shipped from about 3 hours up the road from my town.

ordered at 11am too...... Central time at that. Well If I get this card it will be the first Nvidia Card I have bought personally in the last 6 years since the fx5200.

I was just going to buy a bigger monitor and wait until somebody released a card that maxed Crysis. Ofcourse that all flew out the window when I saw this deal.

Back