[H]OT: M-m-m-m-m-ONSTER KILL! EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition $200 @ buy.com

Here's a pic of someone's shipped...
http://i43.tinypic.com/2llyqn5.jpg

Found it elsewhere.

Notice how it still says processing on the left. This picture was taken before they actually put the charge through on the card. If you click on 'Detailed Billing Summary' it tells you exactly what charges were put through (not just amounts held.) For whatever reason, they issue the tracking number beforehand. My order originally showed this.

I could post a pic of mine too if you want, but I didn't think anyone cared that much about whether it shipped or not. I figured people would be more interested in if it actually arrives or not, since you can recall a shipment. I'm still skeptical until I actually have the card in my hands, but I will post pics tomorrow if I get the card.

Buy.com does it so you cannot cancel your order. Buy.com is notorious for saying something has shipped when it hasn't.

Wow, I got cancelled for paying with an "unverified paypal account" despite the fact that my account is premiere, verified, and confirmed.

If they don't let me re-order with a credit card, I'm buying 2 of the cards from newegg and fowarding the invoice to buy.com.

Damn this has me worried. Paid with paypal also and had it ship to my sisters to avoid NY taxes.

Damn this has me worried. Paid with paypal also and had it ship to my sisters to avoid NY taxes.

Yeah you're probably screwed

Dear Buy.com Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but at this time we are not able to fulfill your order.
Order xxxx has been cancelled because you have a PayPal UnVerified Account and you are shipping to a PayPal Unconfirmed Address.

For more information on how to get a PayPal Verified Account and how to get a PayPal Confirmed Address, please go to the following links:
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/acc/seal-CA-unconfirmed-outside
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/shipping-address-outside

You can expect your full order amount refunded back to your PayPal account within 24 hours.

If you would still like to use PayPal to make a purchase on the Buy.com website, please ensure you have a PayPal Verified account and/or are shipping to a PayPal Confirmed Address. If you are unable to do so, Buy.com also offers a wide variety of other payment options including all major credit cards and Google Checkout.

For further information on PayPal, please see our frequently asked questions at Buy.com/support or contact us for help.

Thank you for shopping at Buy.com. We hope you come back soon!

Sincerely,
Buy.com Customer Support

Please do not reply to this message. It was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Instead, please contact us via our webform at www.buy.com/support

Looks like they're trying to invent reasons to not send out cards. I hope mine isn't "your NFL team went 0-16, no deal for you".

Well, it no longer appears to qualify for the free Far Cry 2. Maybe that helps lower vendors' costs from EVGA a smidge on the 260 and 280? Grasping at straws here :p

Looks like they're trying to invent reasons to not send out cards. I hope mine isn't "your NFL team went 0-16, no deal for you".
What other cancellation reasons have there been besides Non-USA residents and PayPal users? I mean, what evidence is there that the employees are hunting down GTX 280 orders and looking for reasons to cancel them?

It all looks automated so far.
Granted, the PayPal cancellations look like an error. But I doubt anyone is doing it on purpose!

Well, it no longer appears to qualify for the free Far Cry 2. Maybe that helps lower vendors' costs from EVGA a smidge on the 260 and 280? Grasping at straws here :p

I saw some people on Slickdeals complaining about this actually. Somehow I don't think they've played the game before. :p

I saw some people on Slickdeals complaining about this actually. Somehow I don't think they've played the game before. :p
Definitely, now that they've removed FC2 from the order, the pricetag on the cards should go up.
What a terrible game it was...

Also, as indicated from the 260 GTX deals, Far Cry 2 has been included in the retail boxes starting november/december. Could be very possible it was removed from the web as it's now included in the box, but that's if your lucky to get one from this deal.

Well, I ordered real early around 5am when the deal was posted on another site. After I ordered, I came here and posted on the first page.

Mine is still in processing though, probably because I was a cheapa$$ and chose free shipping. Anyway, I'm still hoping it'll go through since I got in so early, probably before 95% of the orders.

As for FC2 it might be in the box, but according to EVGA staff on their forum, the web form stopped working in December. If it's not in the box, we're out of luck. (Or maybe we're in luck if it really sucks that bad.)

Here's a pic of someone's shipped...
http://i43.tinypic.com/2llyqn5.jpg

Notice that's a BFG card not EVGA. It wasn't discounted as much as the EVGA and I'm sure they didn't have as many orders, at least considering the number of posts about that deal compared to the EVGA deals.

Also, as indicated from the 260 GTX deals, Far Cry 2 has been included in the retail boxes starting november/december. Could be very possible it was removed from the web as it's now included in the box, but that's if your lucky to get one from this deal.
Still doesn't seem right, the GTX 280's are going for $310 minimum on places like NewEgg.
Removing FC2 from the deal doesn't shave off $100...

yes they can

lion%20angry%20face.jpg

Here's the scoop:

They sold out of the cards and are looking for another vendor to purchase from so they can fulfill our orders, if they find a vendor, then we'll all have our cards, if not, and email will be dispatched tomorrow letting us know.

So can i trust buy.com on their statement that the card is already picked up by FedEx and shipped and that the order is complete?

So can i trust buy.com on their statement that the card is already picked up by FedEx and shipped and that the order is complete?

In case you've never had an item recalled before... It actually says 'Out for Delivery' in the tracking before it says it's going back to the destination. I'm kind of excited to get my card at this point, but I don't want to get my hopes up and then not have it when I get home from work tomorrow.

Here's the scoop:

They sold out of the cards and are looking for another vendor to purchase from so they can fulfill our orders, if they find a vendor, then we'll all have our cards, if not, and email will be dispatched tomorrow letting us know.
As in find a vendor for the 200$ price point.... Geesh this new line developed this year really sucks. It's not a price mistake, or lack of real time inventory, it's that we can't find a supplier willing to ship it to us for the price we listed and the amount we want to purchase at that price. In short when every other retailer is shipping them for 300$, which distributer will sell it to buy.com <200?
Hopefully a few people score one, if not guess I can hope for some other clearance with stock in hand, real time inventory, and less BS.

Here's the scoop:

That is exactly what they told me last time with my Corsair HX1000 for 149 shipped deal. They told me they sold more than they had and they are looking for suppliers that would sell them a Corsair HX1000 for 149.
Buy.com did find someone with the Corsair HX1000 PSU for 149 though, they shipped me the psu eventually but it took me close to 3 weeks. Hopefully, they would find suppliers with the GTX280s.

Meh, wouldn't really care if it took gtx 280 3 weeks to get to my place. Need the time to figure out how to run 3.9Ghz stable 24/7 anyways.

Meh, wouldn't really care if it took gtx 280 3 weeks to get to my place. Need the time to figure out how to run 3.9Ghz stable 24/7 anyways.

I went with the cheapest shipping, so it would be 1 to 2 weeks for me anyway. As long as I get it I am willing to wait a little bit longer... well not 2 months for sure but 1 month is alright.

I went with the cheapest shipping, so it would be 1 to 2 weeks for me anyway. As long as I get it I am willing to wait a little bit longer... well not 2 months for sure but 1 month is alright.

I used the $10 off Electronics over $200 code, so that paid for their 3-5Day FedEx guaranteed shipping

Anyone on this thread one of the 'wounded monitor children'? If you are far enough back with buy.com you will remember that one. Hitachi monitors I think they were.

The BFG OC2 280 I ordered is shipped and arriving tomorrow. The EVGA 280 I ordered is still "in processing"

If it takes 4 weeks, we'd need to watch out for the rebate postmark due date of 2/14.

Proof!

Also they charged my credit card. They better ship it.

Just checked my card and its reporting I'm missing around $220 in available credit, which was not so this morning when I woke up. Perhaps this is a good sign!

Sadly my order still says "Processing"

Order total $675?
Maybe they cancelled it because you ordered so many, I don't know...

What was the time stamp of your order so we can start making a timeline to see what orders are getting cut off?

Back