[H]OT: M-m-m-m-m-ONSTER KILL! EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition $200 @ buy.com

[H]adouken

[H]ard|Gawd
Originally Posted by SolidBladez:

EVGA e-GeForce GTX 280 SSC [01G-P3-1284-AR] for $200 after $20 MIR.

Link

And you can get $10 off your order with this coupon: Link

Words cannot express my feelings right now, bought one!

[H]adouken;1033574611 said:
Why wouldn't we get it? Now I'm worried.

Maybe it's a pricing error? Last hot deal I jumped on was that 260 card from TD off Amazon and we were refunded our money. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get this card at his price. I'll sell my 9800GT if it comes through, lol. It was like $210.99 up front with that $10 off coupon and AR would be $189.99. Not too shabby if this stands.

Because if you go to Amazon to see buy.com's stock, it says 2 in stock. Granted Amazon might not have the latest stock numbers but I can't see it being that much *higher* than what they actually have if it's slow to update.

And about 20+ (?) people have probably already ordered it since it's on SD as well.

It's definitely a price mistake but if they honor it, it's a great deal. I have no experience with buy.com on this kind of stuff. Still, if they do honor it and you get the "next shipment" whenever, it's still a good deal. If they cancel it, nothing bad really happened other than having to order another card somewhere else.

Because if you go to Amazon to see buy.com's stock, it says 2 in stock. Granted Amazon might not have the latest stock numbers but I can't see it being that much *higher* than what they actually have if it's slow to update.

And about 20+ (?) people have probably already ordered it since it's on SD as well.

It's definitely a price mistake but if they honor it, it's a great deal. I have no experience with buy.com on this kind of stuff. Still, if they do honor it and you get the "next shipment" whenever, it's still a good deal. If they cancel it, nothing bad really happened other than having to order another card somewhere else.
I should've known not to get excited until the card was in my hand, I'm expecting a refund now :rolleyes:

*cries*

I placed an order for one. If I don't actually get the card, I look forward to raising quite a bit of hell from behind my keyboard. Buy.com already has a terrible score on resellerrating, and I will enjoy contributing to that if they cancel my order.

I don't really need it. I mean, I really don't need it. This is what my 9800 GTS was supposed to be for..

In for one. Damn you, hot deals!! :)

~$130 less than on the egg. That's about 40% off. It's almost like I'm *making* money... except not really.

I bit, I'm assuming its because the new 55nm cards are announced and released... but even then.. this is like a 40% price slash overnight. I dunno if I need it with my 20 inch dell and my 8800GT. I'll ebay/[H]fs section either the 280 or my 8800GT, I suppose. If the orders go through, that is.

Too good to pass up.

Will my Corsair 520W handle this beast? If not, I'll probably sell it and get a 260 instead.

This can't be a pricing mistake, its all the same everywhere...

Should I buy one on eBay too!? Or will that do nothing? I got an order confirmation email...

Buy.com says the item is processing but in the shipping process...there's no cancel button...wtf! I don't know what to think :(

EDIT:
F-it! I got one on eBay, we'll see if they both go through. Anyone want one at the same price if I get 2 of em!?

Too good to pass up.

Will my Corsair 520W handle this beast? If not, I'll probably sell it and get a 260 instead.

You probably won't be drawing more than 350 watts from the wall with a gtx 280, even with a 65nm core 2 quad. An incredible amount of hard disks (say 10+) might put you over 500 watts.

I clicked pay now and went through the PayPal paying process on eBay, why does it still show me the Pay Now button!? This is ridiculous, and eBay is not coming up in my PayPal history, LOL, musta not worked, I'll see what happens. Card on eBay hit 0 quantity btw.

You probably won't be drawing more than 350 watts from the wall with a gtx 280, even with a 65nm core 2 quad. An incredible amount of hard disks (say 10+) might put you over 500 watts.
Thanks, that sounds promising. It's a SFF, so I don't have that much space. Just 2 HDs and a DVD.

So IF this deal goes through, I guess it's definitely worth it to open it up and try in my system? If it has no chance of running, I'd rather keep it sealed for resale value. I had been waiting for a cheaper 55nm 260, but this seems like a steal. I wouldn't mind keeping it at the price, but I can't afford this card plus a new PS.

I have an OCZ Modstream 520w. I don't know if it's capable of a GTX 280, but it'd give me an excuse to buy a new PSU if so, lol. I really don't need this card, but I won't mind having it at this price.

I bit. I just bought a 4870 1gb that I really haven't been happy with. The drivers are bullshit. I shouldn't have to run D3D Overrider to get Vsync and Triple buffering to work in every game. Plus, no gaming profiles. Hopefully this deal goes through so I can join up with the green team again :D

Awww crap! I just pulled the trigger for one on mwave.com!

Looks like I'm going to have to cancel that order and see if I can take a dive at getting one from buy.com :D Would be awesome if it went through though!

I just ordered and hope this goes through. Upgrading from a 9800GT 512 hopefully. :)

I bit too. Can't hurt to try. Anybody get a confirmation email?

I couldn't get the coupon to stick though, and I gotta pay tax so it'll come out to 220 AR (if the order is filled).

yup, i had to bite too... no confirmation email yet either. Will go nicely in my next upgrade, now to get someone to buy my 8800gt's...

I got a confirmation, but that doesn't mean anything. It's not a done deal until it arrives on my doorstep.

I got a confirmation, but that doesn't mean anything. It's not a done deal until it arrives on my doorstep.

Haha, remember that TigerDirect/Amazon fiasco from a few months back? They actually intercepted the damn things midway.

Got my confirmation, I agree with it not being real till I have it my hands... Who knows, could I really be dreaming that I'm at work on my second cup of coffee after freezing my ass off getting up at 530am?

Haha, remember that TigerDirect/Amazon fiasco from a few months back? They actually intercepted the damn things midway.
It doesn't surprise me. Maybe some early orders will go out, but they usually cancel them out when ebayers start ordering in bulk.

Well if the EVGA is sold out, their low priced BFG 280 is priced at 238 for now and doesn't have the "low in stock" thing.

Back