[H]OT: M-m-m-m-m-ONSTER KILL! EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition $200 @ buy.com

Talked with customer service just a few minutes ago and asked for a shipping time frame. I was told orders are taking longer do to increase demand (all of a sudden :)) and lack of supply for certain models. I just canceled and did the BFG step-up 295. Mine was a SSC.

Talked with customer service just a few minutes ago and asked for a shipping time frame. I was told orders are taking longer do to increase demand (all of a sudden :)) and lack of supply for certain models. I just canceled and did the BFG step-up 295. Mine was a SSC.

How much more do you have to pay for the 295?

eVGA closed the Far Cry 2 promo long before this deal. They stated that they are now shipping Far Cry 2 in the box with select cards.

:( This sucks. Now I will have to wait 2 months for my GTX280. Buy.com's "back order" is pretty long and painful. I guess I will finish my build without a video card for now.

question about the rebate. Do we have to send it in before the 14th. I'am not getting mine GTX 280 SC until the 19th?

:( This sucks. Now I will have to wait 2 months for my GTX280. Buy.com's "back order" is pretty long and painful. I guess I will finish my build without a video card for now.
Yeah buttttt how do you know you're not one of the people who will receive their cards?

[H]adouken;1033591530 said:
Yeah buttttt how do you know you're not one of the people who will receive their cards?

Cuz, I called them. Twice, and they told me they have my order"back order" and they have absolutely no idea when I will get it. They recommend me to cancel my order if I can't wait because it is not gonna be any time soon for me to get my GTX280, my order is still in the sent to warehouse process.

2 month wait for back order? hah. someone confirm this, if its true. then im canceling.

Two month wait isn't official.
Other people have said their backordered items took 3 to 4 weeks to ship when Buy.com was OoS.

Other emails from their customer service reps have said all the orders will be shipped this week.

2 months back-order? WTF... :confused:

Buy.com has "In the shipping process" on my SSC, no "Back-Order" message displayed. Maybe you're overreacting, lol

He's guessing on the backorder wait. In his posts he says that all they told him was it was on "back order" and not a timeframe, which is his own conjecture.

They'll probably not get any to fill the orders and just hang onto your money until they are ready to admit they oversold and refund.

Yeah, I am just guessing really, but it would be over 5 weeks for sure. Last time they had my Corsair HX1000 back order, I waited 4 weeks for them to restock. 1 week to ship it to me since I went with the cheapest shipping. +4 to 5 days for me to call back and forward to confirm about the back order. That totals up 5 weeks+4 days for me. Buy.com should refund us 399:D so we can all buy a GTX280 SSC from newegg. BTW, for your 1 to 2 days shipped out part... it is not displayed back order but it is actually in a back order. Call them and you will find out.

I'm going to be pissed if Buy.com honors the sale, ships it but it's seriously delayed due to bad, Chicago weather. They don't plow and salt like they used to these days. Getting to the data center by McCormick was hell last night.

I have to drive through Chicago a lot.... I totally feel your pain. I can't tell you how much of my life has been wasted sitting at the I290-I90 exit....

To stay on topic: My order still shows "processing"

Cuz, I called them. Twice, and they told me they have my order"back order" and they have absolutely no idea when I will get it. They recommend me to cancel my order if I can't wait because it is not gonna be any time soon for me to get my GTX280, my order is still in the sent to warehouse process.
They told you those exact words? Like they said that YOUR order is on back order?

I'll call up too!

Yup, the guy says my order is on back order as well and they will refund the charge if I ask them to. I want to wait, cause it's awesome deal but I'd rather pay a little more and get it now than wait weeks, I have to finish my build within a week since classes are starting again.

SC people win, lol.

Anyone know of any other good deals? Other forums say they've had back orders on buy.com last 2 months for some DVDs.

Picture from Slickdeals.
Must be fake, it says "SSC Edition".

Unless some SSC's have shipped and no one is telling us about it.
Or the status never updates, and it says "Processing" even though the card has shipped already?

330ciue.jpg

[H]adouken;1033591605 said:
They told you those exact words? Like they said that YOUR order is on back order?

I'll call up too!
Yeah, they spoke with me clearly and openly, in perfect English. My order is "back order" even though it is displayed on their website as in stock and they have absolutely no idea when I will have it. However,
I will have it, that is for sure but they don't know when. They recommend me to cancel my order if I don't wish to wait for a good period of time. I told them hmmmmmmm that is okie, I am not in a rush and I could wait a little bit. I don't want to give up the deal cuz some ppl got it and I don't get it. I am so pissed off now! damnit T_T

Not one person in this thread nor SlickDeals has confirmed an SSC shipped.
Although now apparently someone has confirmed receiving an SSC.

Don't people even read the threads? Everyone has been asking for any proof of a shipped SSC and no one said anything.

The one they hide.

1-800-800-0800 then hit 3 for customer service I think.

Fuck your FAQs I want to speak to a rep.

Their phone # should be clear and easy to find :rolleyes:.

Paid $240.33 after NY taxes and free shipping, thinking about jumping on that Newegg $285 deal. Newegg never lets me down <_<.

I am cool with the wait since I already have a 4870 512MB, but the thing is that the rebate will be expired by 2/4 and I don't want to miss it. like Hardouken said, I pay tax and after tax the card is 240.33 without the rebate which will not make it HOT since ZZF got it for 280 shipped AR.

LMAO

I called up their eBay team, the eBay is no success either since they're out of stock. So they will refund the moolah and give me a gift certificate. What a nice guy.

I'll tell you guys the amount when he emails it to me, and I'll combine it with a buy.com coupon + cashback to get a deal on something in stock.

Woo!

Called them.

"Your order has already been submitted to our supplier, they will have your order sent out tomorrow or very soon, just wait for the email with the tracking number"... No mention of it being on back order after I asked him to check if it was.

I'll call again to see if he was simply incompetent, maybe I'll get a different answer. :confused:

SSC model, ordered 5AM Friday, free shipping, paid with CC.

[H]adouken;1033591753 said:
LMAO

I called up their eBay team, the eBay is no success either since they're out of stock. So they will refund the moolah and give me a gift certificate. What a nice guy.

I'll tell you guys the amount when he emails it to me, and I'll combine it with a buy.com coupon + cashback to get a deal on something in stock.

Woo!

WoW, cool how much in Gift card they gave it to you? I might do the same. LMK. THC! If they give me 100 bucks in gift card:)... I could just buy a GTX280 again with the normal price:d

Called them.

"Your order has already been submitted to our supplier, they will have your order sent out tomorrow or very soon, just wait for the email with the tracking number"... No mention of it being on back order after I asked him to check if it was.

I'll call again to see if he was simply incompetent, maybe I'll get a different answer. :confused:

SSC model, ordered 5AM Friday, free shipping, paid with CC.

I called them twice today and they told me twice my order is actually in back order. What is your order's stage? in the shipping process or sent to warehouse?

Too bad the cheapest cards start at like $350, I don't think any sort of coupon will help (I doubt they give $100 gift certificates for fuck-ups lol).

Can't beat Neweggs $285 deal, but that's AFTER $35 of rebate :rolleyes:.

I should've went with the SC, I didn't even know about it though...

SC model is out of stock but they expect it to ship within 3 days.

Got my BFG GTX 280 OC2 this afternoon and is now installed. EVGA gtx 280 SC has a tracking number from CA for me, to be delivered on 1/19

Well, holy shit. I ordered a plain BFG 280 GTX for $220+tax (CA), which was 'On Order' when this sale was going on. I figured the EVGA was getting bombed, so whatever. I just looked now, and my page is saying the thing shipped today. I'm at work now, but I can post a pic a bit later.

Back