[H]OT: M-m-m-m-m-ONSTER KILL! EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition $200 @ buy.com

Glad to hear it went through.

Thanks!

I'm in no way trying to rub it in... hell, I was almost sure I wouldn't get it at all since I placed my order so late... so, people, be patient! you may end up with your vidcard after all!

LOL... and it gets better... eventhough I chose "Budget" shipping, I'm getting it tomorrow... Buy.com sent it via FedEx Standard Overnight :eek:!

Seems like people who were in proximity to distribution centers are getting their cards in first.

Still "In the shipping process" for my CC-paid eVGA GTX 280 SC, freebie shipping. Hoping it ships soon, since I'm probably using it with my current GTX 280 to do SLI for my new Dell 3007WFP-HC @ 2560x1600 :D.

I just called. They are telling me because the card was on back order at the time I placed the order, they can't give me a time frame on when it will be shipped. I was offered the typical, 'do you want to cancel' option. The product page clearly stated it was in stock when I ordered and not through some other vendor. The listing stated it was coming straight from Buy.com. I explained that but they claimed the web site wasn't in sync with the actual inventory number. I could see an hour or two but I ordered early in the day Friday and it didn't show out of stock until much later that evening.

The order has been stuck in shipping since Friday so I thought I'd call to see what's up. I'll give it until the end of the week then I'll write it off as tough luck. I've got new build money burning a hole in pocket so I need a card soon. No biggee.

Still "In the shipping process" for my CC-paid eVGA GTX 280 SC, freebie shipping. Hoping it ships soon, since I'm probably using it with my current GTX 280 to do SLI for my new Dell 3007WFP-HC @ 2560x1600 :D.

nice, I got new monitor too but not that big. Mine is still in shipping too. Hope tomorrow they will rectify the situation. Or else their claimed 1-2 days is utter bullcrap. Hell if you read it it says computer products and components ship usually the day you order it. I really want this card, keeps me from buying new ones every year because this is the fastest single card out currently it will prbly last me until I graduate which is about 18 months instead of my usual 9 month cycle.

The product page clearly stated it was in stock when I ordered and not through some other vendor. The listing stated it was coming straight from Buy.com. I explained that but they claimed the web site wasn't in sync with the actual inventory number.

You would think with as big a company as Buy.com is, they could at least have accurate live inventory.

Of course, as much as the rest of their website sucks, it seems investing in website infrastructure isn't high on their priority list.

company much bigger than buy.com also suffering from the same issue... Namely, Dell! you are not thinking that buy.com is bigger than Dell right? Keeping inventory isn't that easy.

So these orders are being processed through completion? are they honoring all orders? My SC still says "processing"

No back order email on my SSC, but I imagine it has to be back order status.

Says Order: Processing "In Shipping Process" Been that way since day 1.

I'm in no rush, so if I get it in a month / couple weeks, fine with me. Not too worried about the $20 rebate really, takes months to get them anyways.

So these orders are being processed through completion? are they honoring all orders? My SC still says "processing"
It would appear Buy.com is going to honor the orders.
However, who knows how long it will take to fix the back orders. Someone who ordered the SC got a back order email earlier, although it seems like the SC and BFG OC2 editions are the ones being completed mostly.

If it's a pricing error and Buy.com is just slow on the uptake, I hope most of us can get the cards into our hands before they try a recall. It would really suck to get the card almost to your house, then Buy.com issues a withdrawal.

I'm not expecting my SSC until 10 - 15 days. They'll get a new supply sent in to their warehouse, that will take 5 days, then they will start sending out the orders after a day or two. Add on another week for the cards to start being delivered...

They probably haven't officially posted back-order on everyone's orders because they are confident a new stock is coming soon. I wish. :)

FedEx just delivered my BFG (sms notification FTW)... and I'm at work!!! damn it :D!!!

Just got home from work to find my BFG waiting at the door. I hadn't noticed, but apparently this one comes with a full copy of Far Cry 2 and a LED flashlight.

In fact, it looks like BFG did a great job on the includes; there's even a 6 ft. HDMI cable in the box.

Gratz, IH8U!

Enjoy the card, hopefully mine will actually ship at some point.. knew I shoulda bought the BFG dammit

That is why I bought both eVGA and BFG, they haven't been shipped tho. I will return once once I got one of the two tho:d

I live in NY and buy.com charged me tax. if I sell one of them, it won't be cheap. I paid 240 for the eVGA and 258 for the BFG. put shipping on them of them and you can buy one from newegg for pretty much the same price and you got warranty:d this is really an end user deal for me. Not looking for profit here:d

Wow, My order is in the shipping process, BUT I called them and they told me its on back order and they dont know if I will get it....

If you have not had one shipped don't count on it. I called them, EVERYTHING is back ordered. No estimated time of arrivals either. I asked if I could get a similar model shipped to me that was available, but of course not.

I'll wait a bit longer since nothing is charged to my CC... but I'm likely going to cancel soon. I don't want to forget about this, and all of a sudden have a GTX 280 come my way in a month that I no longer want.

Congrats to all those who got in.

I wish there was a way to find out how many of these $200 GTX 280's actually shipped.
Just curious how many people out there got in on it...
Meh.

[H]adouken;1033596703 said:
Successfully canceled everything, thinking about a GTX 295 now :D
I canceled my buy.com order for the ssc as well. since i paid via paypal, the money has been debited from my cc already. how did your ebay purchase go? no shipment notice on that either? leave them a neg lol

Nope, they said they dont have enough stock to fulfil any of the eBay orders either so thats why I said I canceled EVERYTHING, fuck it I need my build to be done within a few days before classes so I will jump from $240 to $300 I don't really mind.

I want to leave them a neg lmao...

[H]adouken;1033596956 said:
Nope, they said they dont have enough stock to fulfil any of the eBay orders either so thats why I said I canceled EVERYTHING, fuck it I need my build to be done within a few days before classes so I will jump from $240 to $300 I don't really mind.
It's not that bad, tbh.
Plus you get NewEgg's awesome shipping/customer service.

I've never bought anything from Buy.com and I don't think I ever will.
Terrible shipping.

[H]adouken;1033596956 said:

I want to leave them a neg lmao...

no gift card ? someone was compensated with a gift card.

Heh, turns out I can't even used the damned thing. It requires two PCI-e 6-pin connectors in addition to the included molex to 6-pin adapter, which my PSU does not have. Oh well, time to go shopping again.

Does anyone really expect the people at buy.com's customer service department to have a clue when the video cards will be back in stock?

I'm not canceling my order, my total price will be $190 for the SSC as long as I get to mail out the rebate in time, if not, it will total to $210, and I really doubt there will be any GTX280 video cards even close to that price anytime soon.

I don't know about you peeps, but whenever I saw an "out of stock" item on buy.com, it's usually back in stock after a week or so when I check back. The only thing that bothers me is how the links to the cards are showing, "Sorry, this product is no longer sold at the Buy.com website." lol

During a phonecall or email conversation with the buy.com reps, hasn't anyone asked why the product pages were removed?

Does anyone really expect the people at buy.com's customer service department to have a clue when the video cards will be back in stock?

I'm not canceling my order, my total price will be $190 for the SSC as long as I get to mail out the rebate in time, if not, it will total to $210, and I really doubt there will be any GTX280 video cards even close to that price anytime soon.

I don't know about you peeps, but whenever I saw an "out of stock" item on buy.com, it's usually back in stock after a week or so when I check back. The only thing that bothers me is how the links to the cards are showing, "Sorry, this product is no longer sold at the Buy.com website." lol

The problem is the GTX 280 were being cleared out, so I fear there will be no restock of these items. :(

The problem is the GTX 280 were being cleared out, so I fear there will be no restock of these items. :(

yea, since 285 is coming out, manufacture probably will not making new 280, so there is a chance we might not get these.

Yeah the XXX Edition hasn't been in stock in weeks, I don't think a week will help this deal.

Well, finally got home and checked my BFG GTX 280 OC2... sweet card :D!

It came with a copy of FarCry 2, a code for 3DMark Vantage AE and a flashlight (that doesn't work at all :().

Well, finally got home and checked my BFG GTX 280 OC2... sweet card :D!

It came with a copy of FarCry 2, a code for 3DMark Vantage AE and a flashlight (that doesn't work at all :().

heh, at least you received one. I got nothing :C..... Didnt even get my OC2 and definately not SC. Neither have shipped.

I think I'm gona give up on this. 3 days stuck in one phase and no news of even ever getting a confirmation.

Back