Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer

Looks great, but 2025 is a long way away. I would have been fine had they held onto this for another 4-5 months. You know some people are going to try and pre-order right now, though.

Honestly, I don't quite get the appeal of this series at all.

I played the god mode versions, GTA and GTA2 back in the DOS days, but that was mostly just because I could. (and I was also curious about what the prudes in the news were freaking out about)

As far as the 3D versions go, the only one I ever played was Vice City back in ~2002. It was OK i guess, but honestly I was more into it for the awesome compilation of music on the radio stations than I was for the game itself :p

Looks great, but 2025 is a long way away. I would have been fine had they held onto this for another 4-5 months. You know some people are going to try and pre-order right now, though.
It was like that for GTA 5 as well...almost a two year wait between its trailer and release.

OK, I'll get it when it hits free in the Epic store, what? 2035-ish. And that's if it's not a pile full of woke shit I heard rumors it might be.
And yeah, just what I want to see, my favorite fat-ass POCs tweaking, I have fill of seeing that in real life.
Hopefully this game insults EVERONE and does not discriminate.
Next over-hyped title people will be complaining about once it releases because it can't possibly live up to their insane expectations.
I'll be happy if they don't go woke and piss off the simps that don't play games.

It looks decent from that trailer but more like GTA 5 meets Florida than a modern Vice City type game.

I agree that they should have waited longer to announce it.

I never played GTA5 because it took so long for the PC version to come out.

Honestly, I don't quite get the appeal of this series at all.

I played the god mode versions, GTA and GTA2 back in the DOS days, but that was mostly just because I could. (and I was also curious about what the prudes in the news were freaking out about)

As far as the 3D versions go, the only one I ever played was Vice City back in ~2002. It was OK i guess, but honestly I was more into it for the awesome compilation of music on the radio stations than I was for the game itself :p

Come to think of it, Cyberpunk 2077 is very similar to a GTA game in its mechanics, but for some reason that game really connected with me in ways the GTA series never have.

And I don't think that is just because I am a sucker for dystopian and/or post-apocalyptic hellscapes.

CDPR really took their time and created a very engaging story in a world with deep cultural lore, and I think that made the difference. The GTA series - to me - has always felt like some really shallow and uninspiring gangbanger shit.

Cyberpunk - on the other hand - really sucked me in, especially with the Johny Silverhand mystique and zeitgeist from a time that never existed. It was very compelling.

Next over-hyped title people will be complaining about once it releases because it can't possibly live up to their insane expectations.
you mean like GTA V and RDR2? yeah everyone hated those games when they came out

I never played GTA5 because it took so long for the PC version to come out.
dude, it came out on pc in 2015. and was free on epic game store at one point

Seem to be a bit Florida man the game, that a strong trailer.

Biggest game of all time production wise ?
thats what i though too, florida man: the game.
no, thats star citizen. sorry read that wrong. maybe.

someone pointed out that it looks like it's gonna be console exclusive at first. i guess as long as it comes out and plays flawless on pc like the last 2 games then i can understand...

source (press release): https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...mes-Announces-Grand-Theft-Auto-VI-Coming-2025

when it finally did release on PC GTA 5 also was an Enhanced version with additional graphical features not found on console...I'm expecting the same with GTA 6- maybe path tracing or at the very least a high level of ray-tracing

I mean it has to be 100% in PC atleast 6mo to one year, let's hope is just not 2 years imagine if only reach 60fps again like last one lol

Just like all the previous ones. They always take their sweet damn time bringing them to PC.
yeah, sux. and you know people are gonna also be wanting to play it on steam deck. let's just hope they don't wait for a second gen steam deck before they release it.

edit: or that could be a blessing in disguise, maybe they'll optimize it for linux/steamOS? that's probably just wishful thinking tho

Maybethe Xbox X will be closer to what the average PC will be then what the Xbox360/PS3 were back at GTA 5 launch and it will be bit less of different games/challenge.

It blows me away that a lot of you folks slept on GTA V. It has a great story, a very alive open world, which makes CDPR’s Night City look pretty pathetic when it comes to AI behaviors. GTA V had better crowd AI when it launched on Xbox 360/PS3 than Cyberpunk does today.

Will it be woke and push an agenda? Time will tell but having a hot Latina protagonist isn’t going to ruin the experience for me, lol. I expect it to be typical of Rockstar’s games and make fun of everyone and everything. GTA V is one of the best selling games in history, mostly because of GTA Online which for you folks that haven’t played it is a lot like Gangster world of Warcraft or World of Ganstercraft if you will. Rockstar has been pulling about 750,000,000 a year out of shark card sales for GTA Online so you better believe they’ll go all in on GTA 6.

It won’t be on PC at launch, expect at least a year before it comes out. Judging by the trailer I would say the Xbox SX/PS5 versions are going to be among the best looking open world games made yet. These games play best with a controller anyway.

It blows me away that a lot of you folks slept on GTA V. It has a great story, a very alive open world, which makes CDPR’s Night City look pretty pathetic when it comes to AI behaviors. GTA V had better crowd AI when it launched on Xbox 360/PS3 than Cyberpunk does today.

Will it be woke and push an agenda? Time will tell but having a hot Latina protagonist isn’t going to ruin the experience for me, lol. I expect it to be typical of Rockstar’s games and make fun of everyone and everything. GTA V is one of the best selling games in history, mostly because of GTA Online which for you folks that haven’t played it is a lot like Gangster world of Warcraft or World of Ganstercraft if you will. Rockstar has been pulling about 750,000,000 a year out of shark card sales for GTA Online so you better believe they’ll go all in on GTA 6.

It won’t be on PC at launch, expect at least a year before it comes out. Judging by the trailer I would say the Xbox SX/PS5 versions are going to be among the best looking open world games made yet. These games play best with a controller anyway.

I think GTA V was "slept on" here because most people here are primarily PC gamers, so getting it late or having to play to play on console kills a lot of the hype here.

I acknowledge the GTA games are very good, but IMO they all have poor aiming/driving which makes it very hard for me to enjoy them. I was really into competitive FPS and driving games, and going between games with superb controls and the garbage controls in GTA is just too annoying for me. I always hope the next GTA game has better controls, but they never do.

a very alive open world, which makes CDPR’s Night City look pretty pathetic when it comes to AI behaviors.

That is true at least initially. Cyberpunk was lacking many things at launch, not so much anymore. I also found a lot of interesting things and small details to experience when playing that makes it standout compared to most similar games.

The big problem with GTAV was the gameplay was lackluster. The shooting and weapon selection was essentially ripped out of an outdated early 2000s era game. That is a problem when you spent a lot of time shooting at things. The first person mode was a bit better, but honestly it was a terrible FPS. The game is clearly designed to be 3rd person and their 1st person attempt felt like a decent mod thrown into a game designed around 3rd person. It was neat, but compared to a real FPS game it controlled, looked, felt, and sounded very dated.

That game wasn't awful. But the story and humor is really what carried the game. The open world and NPC interactions certainly add some life to it but still, watching NPCs walk aimlessly around doesn't make for a great game.

you mean like GTA V and RDR2? yeah everyone hated those games when they came out

dude, it came out on pc in 2015. and was free on epic game store at one point

It took TWO YEARS for them to release it on PC. By the time it finally happened, I didn't even want to play it anymore.

I don't think a lot of people take into account the developers when making comments like this... I can't think of a single Rockstar title that upon release completely disappointed me. It can be said of CDPR, Bungie, and any many of my other favorite developers but there is a level of polish with Rockstar's games that few other developers can match. I think GTA6 will be fine.
Seem to be a bit Florida man the game, that a strong trailer.

Biggest game of all time production wise ?

As a Florida man myself I whole-heartedly approve of the theme of the game. lol. It'll be neat being in Vice City in modern times since we saw it in the 80s in GTA: Vice City however I do hope after this GTA that Rockstar either does a new city and/or does a different time period. GTA 3, 4, 5, and now 6 are all modern times where Vice City and San Andreas were 80s and 90s respectively and those games released quite a while ago. The only GTA game set outside of the US was in London as an expansion to the original GTA.

It took TWO YEARS for them to release it on PC. By the time it finally happened, I didn't even want to play it anymore.

I don't understand how interest in a game that you're waiting anyway for wanes after 2 years especially when it's a Rockstar title.

This trailer looks gnarly. Not like surf's up or far out gnarly.
Like Abigail's hand hasn't been the same since the accident at the mill gnarly.
I'm sure that I'll buy it when it's available but only put like an hour into it.

Huge fan of the GTA games, plus they have always pushed the envelope of graphics too, looking forward to this one... wondering if I will have this game before or after the 5090 releases. So far away. :(

I live in South Florida nowadays. I can attest that trailer is exactly what goes on down here. People tweaking on top of cars going down 95, shutting down intersections to do donuts, boats catch on fire much more than I thought they would, alligator wrestling, swamp rides, hundreds of un-registered dirtbikes and 4 wheelers zipping around riding wheelies on sidewalks with pedestrians and what not...

That being said cannot wait to play it. Unfortunately, us PC'ers are going to have to wait. Just hope it doesn't go all woke.

I'll wait to upgrade when this comes out.

I live in South Florida nowadays. I can attest that trailer is exactly what goes on down here. People tweaking on top of cars going down 95, shutting down intersections to do donuts, boats catch on fire much more than I thought they would, alligator wrestling, swamp rides, hundreds of un-registered dirtbikes and 4 wheelers zipping around riding wheelies on sidewalks with pedestrians and what not...

That being said cannot wait to play it. Unfortunately, us PC'ers are going to have to wait. Just hope it doesn't go all woke.

I'll wait to upgrade when this comes out.
Not sure if any of you have seen lately but the PS5 and even Series X have dropped to $350 lately with bundled game titles. With so many PS5 games still not or not planning on releasing on PC I think a PS5 paired with a PC would work for most of you if you can swing the $350 which would be worth it between all the existing titles and the titles releasing between now and the PC release of GTA6 it wouldn't be a waster of money. Not to mention that GTA is better with controller 100% of the time.

Not sure if any of you have seen lately but the PS5 and even Series X have dropped to $350 lately with bundled game titles. With so many PS5 games still not or not planning on releasing on PC I think a PS5 paired with a PC would work for most of you if you can swing the $350 which would be worth it between all the existing titles and the titles releasing between now and the PC release of GTA6 it wouldn't be a waster of money. Not to mention that GTA is better with controller 100% of the time.

My wife wants VR and I have thought about getting a PS5 for VR2 so she stays off my PC. Also, I played GTA5 with the KB & M and only used a controller for flying (I hate controllers). Is it possible to use KB & M with console? I haven't owned one since PS2.

Back