Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer

Get her a Quest 3, then she doesn't need the PC or the TV.

Good to know on the Quest 3. Cheaper than buying a PS5 and a VR2. Although, I wouldn't mind being able to play Grand Turismo again.

A lot of us didn't sleep through GTAV or RDR2 we just didn't play on console. The PC release of RDR2 was years later. I'm going to step right up and say that RDR2 on PC is on my top 5 list of best games I have ever played in my life. And that's up against stuff from the early glory days like games from the Ultima franchise. You can't beat the childhood memories. But RDR2... I seriously teared up at the end of that game. It hit me like a truck in the feels all the way through and the end was just an emotional sledgehammer. The story, the scope, and the insane beauty of the art and just the entire package is a unique masterpiece of a game.
Not
One
More
Word.

I spent hundreds of hours waffling and exploring GTAV single player (I've only played the original GTA and now GTAV) and RDR2 is on my Christmas list as my next game world to explore. :)

I haven't always latched on to GTA games, but if nothing else I love the step up in immersion here. Many more people, more complex environments... and, for that matter, the people themselves are more realistic. They have a 'presence' where the characters in past games were a bit ephemeral.

And from what I've seen, Rockstar is hitting Florida culture on the nose. I won't be surprised if it skewers everyone, including the state government.

A lot of us didn't sleep through GTAV or RDR2 we just didn't play on console. The PC release of RDR2 was years later. I'm going to step right up and say that RDR2 on PC is on my top 5 list of best games I have ever played in my life. And that's up against stuff from the early glory days like games from the Ultima franchise. You can't beat the childhood memories. But RDR2... I seriously teared up at the end of that game. It hit me like a truck in the feels all the way through and the end was just an emotional sledgehammer. The story, the scope, and the insane beauty of the art and just the entire package is a unique masterpiece of a game.

GTA5 is in the GTA "box". It's great. All the GTA games were more or less great. Perhaps the big GTA open world isn't quite as impressive as the earlier releases since other companies have also released damn big open world games over the last decade. But GTAV dripped with the STYLE everyone loves about GTA. So far the GTAVI trailer looks like more of the same, but I'm not sure that they aren't crossing over into slightly too realistic of a take on the visuals. The franchise's over the top meme fest of all aspects of modern life is not supposed to be just like reality. It's supposed to be moderately absurd. So maybe they need to focus on keeping the art style fresh and high fidelity but a little more "less real."

Watching people twerk on a car is funny in a game sense. But if the game crosses the valley and starts making me think even a little that I'm watching a nearly real news broadcast of the same thing? I'm going to "Change the channel." It's got to be entertaining in an abstract absurd way. Not a realistic one. We will see if it keeps that up. I have purchased every GTA game on PC on day one. Maybe I won't this time I don't like paying that much for games these days when they'll be half price in a year... but typically I make an exception for GTA games.

GTA was never a meme fest. Saints Row was starting with the second installment.

yeah, it blew my mind at how many people here chimed in just to express their disdain for GTA and poo on the parade. #hardAARP :oldman:
You can set your watch to the grand declarations of "this isn't to my tastes no thank you I'm not lesbian" whenever there's a new high profile thing. In fairness, I know firsthand that aging out of gaming - or just certain types of games - is a thing, and it's something that won't hit some people over the head until the benefit of hindsight.

If only considered from a stats and financial perspective, GTA6 is going to be a monster.

Last edited:
Perspective, most expensive movie produced: Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($552 million, adj. for inflation)

GTA4 (2008) $100 million
GTA5 (2013) $200-240 million
RDR2 (2018) $170-240 million
Cyberpunk 2077 (2020): $174 million
Note: None of the above include marketing budgets, which were often as much as the production cost.

GTA6 (2025): reportedly approaches or already exceeded 2 BILLION, most expensive entertainment product in history by 4x the next closest.

GTA5 made over $500 million in the first 24hrs, over 1 billion in the first 72hours, close to 8 Billion over its lifetime.
GTA6 is likely to make multiple billions in the first 24hrs, tens of billions over its lifetime, and cost $400-$600+ million to market.

1701928992704.png

Last edited:
If we put Star Citizen in the mix it is only about 3x the next closest. But STILL talk about meaningless semantics. :) It has it by a landslide. Damn.

If we put Star Citizen in the mix it is only about 3x the next closest. But STILL talk about meaningless semantics. :) It has it by a landslide. Damn.

Is that game out now? The last time I looked into it, it was still in early access alpha state.

Florida in the 80s was so much cooler.

We just want Vice City with new graphics.

Perspective, most expensive movie produced: Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($552 million, adj. for inflation)

GTA4 (2008) $100 million
GTA5 (2013) $200-240 million
RDR2 (2018) $170-240 million
Cyberpunk 2077 (2020): $174 million
Note: None of the above include marketing budgets, which were often as much as the production cost.

GTA6 (2025): reportedly approaches or already exceeded 2 BILLION, most expensive entertainment product in history by 4x the next closest.

GTA5 made over $500 million in the first 24hrs, over 1 billion in the first 72hours, close to 8 Billion over its lifetime.
GTA6 is likely to make multiple billions in the first 24hrs, tens of billions over its lifetime, and cost $400-$600+ million to market.

View attachment 618572

I don't believe that the budget for a video game is $2 billion...no way...you're telling me the budget for GTA6 is $1.7 billion more than the budget for GTA5?...c'mon...not a chance

I'll wait on GTA6 until somebody makes a Jenny Craig mod.

Hopefully, there'll be a tranny mod too so I can play the lead chick chick character as a trans man...

I don't believe that the budget for a video game is $2 billion...no way...you're telling me the budget for GTA6 is $1.7 billion more than the budget for GTA5?...c'mon...not a chance
Yeah, that seems kind of silly.

It depends on what included in that budget, minimum employee bonus and/or expected marketing could believe it, over 1 billions pound was spent at least on Avengers III (part 1-2 together).

Pre employee bonus/marketing, that would be a lot.

Google tell me Rockstar has 6000 employees, averaging 40% of them accounted has being on the next GTA for 7 years at an average total cost (health care and so on) of $110k a year, that would be 1.85 billions.

Hardware, building amortized on it, giant amount of voice actors, on location set design and asset scannings.

If google is right about that 6,000 employees count and many of them being in new york, considering the low amount of average yearly game release, each title must cost a fortune.

Hence "reportedly" - based on an internal leak earlier in the year about the budget.

But then $2 Bil is only 2.5 years of shark card profits just from GTA5 (RDR2 online also rakes it in but not GTA5 levels). People dont seem to realize the amounts of money R* games generate ongoing. Millions per day even after being out for years.

Production is also expensive because they're obsessive about everything, motion capture for example. For RDR2, people that worked on it said it was grueling because it wasn't enough to MoCap a few horses galloping. They wanted 100+ takes/variations of each movement and action so nothing ever looked the same. And that was the approach for everything in the game.

The stakes being so high financially is also why I think the grievance brigade hoping this game will be woke so they can get mad, will be disappointed. R* may have a few mouthy grunt level Gen-Z employees on Twitter, but management will not let their investment get derailed by any avoidable PR backlashes. Not a chance. This game will be overengineered for universal appeal.

Last edited:
Hence "reportedly" - based on an internal leak earlier in the year about the budget.
Reported by whom, where? Someone's anus?
But then $2 Bil is only 2.5 years of shark card profits just from GTA5 (RDR2 online also rakes it in but not GTA5 levels). People dont seem to realize the amounts of money R* games generate ongoing. Millions per day even after being out for years.
Doesn't mean they need or want to spend the same amount on GTA.
Production is also expensive because they're obsessive about everything, motion capture for example. For RDR2, people that worked on it said it was grueling because it wasn't enough to MoCap a few horses galloping. They wanted 100+ takes/variations of each movement and action so nothing ever looked the same. And that was the approach for everything in the game.
You can probably mocap the entire population of Florida for 2 billion.
The stakes being so high financially is also why I think the grievance brigade hoping this game will be woke so they can get mad, will be disappointed. R* may have a few mouthy grunt level Gen-Z employees on Twitter, but management will not let their investment get derailed by any avoidable PR backlashes. Not a chance. This game will be overengineered for universal appeal.
Nobody hopes it is going to be woke, except the actual woke.
The more universal the appeal the more diluted the experience will be.

The more universal the appeal the more diluted the experience will be.

That is how it is, for everything. Rockstar is already going back and "adjusting for modern audiences" older games. I don't think this will be Ubisoft levels, but I doubt they will ridicule everyone.

Reactions: M76
like this
If you want to play Vice City then go play Vice City. GTA needs to evolve with the times to stay relevant.
Funny you should say that when all the IPs that have adjusted for "modern audiences" are fading into obscurity. Including things thought to be infallible before like Star Wars and Marvel.

That is how it is, for everything. Rockstar is already going back and "adjusting for modern audiences" older games. I don't think this will be Ubisoft levels, but I doubt they will ridicule everyone.
They say they are not going to punch down, but what is exactly punching up for a corporation with an annual revenue of 5 billion? I guess all they are allowed to make fun of is microsoft and apple then.

That is how it is, for everything. Rockstar is already going back and "adjusting for modern audiences" older games.
Do you know what specifically was adjusted in which games, or is this just something you've heard repeated?

My (probably limited) understanding because I ultimately don't give a shit but facts matter, is one trivial line of NPC dialog (among hundreds of thousands) and one NPC spawnpoint were changed in GTA5 - after being out almost a decade and having already made its money - because a viral stink was suddenly made about something.

It read more like a strategic placation maneuver and R* throwing a bone "here ya go, now fuck off" rather than any rehashing of the game. And I saw one tweet from a grunt level R* employee that (IMO naively) seemed to believe it meant anything.

Last edited:
well as long as when i see a car coming down the street with tik tok cam girls twirking on the roof you can pull out a shot gun and blast on em, i think that'll be enough to put a smile on some of these old faces. whether they want to admit it now or not. i can't wait. hopefully they'll have some of those clima-tards gluing themselves to the street so i can go up and kick them in the head like i which i wish people would start doing in real life! 🥾 boot to the head!!!

I never looked at it that way d3athf1sh. I might want to play this game after all...

GTA6 Role Play MOD - Anti-Anarchist Anarchistic vigilantism - redefining triple AAA games!

Back