Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer

Maybe 2 more presidents before there is a PC version.

I have to admit, I don't understand the appeal of this series, but as always do understand not everything is made for me.

I mean the trailer is fun to watch and im looking forward to another gta. But with that much time i dont get too hyped up, my hype usually comes around a week or two before release of something i want. That said i did get a lot of hours of play of each gta previously.

RS normally release at the end of the year. So, this is likely 2 years away. And then there's a possibility it will release on PC a year after that. It feels as relevant to me right now as Bethesda announcing Elder Scrolls VI in 2018 before they even started working on it.

It's been 5 years since Bethesda announced Elder Scrolls VI, and its rumoured to be planned to release in another 5 years. Of course, Bethesda only announced it to distract people from the Fallout '76 disaster show.

View: https://youtu.be/OkFdqqyI8y4

My wife wants VR and I have thought about getting a PS5 for VR2 so she stays off my PC. Also, I played GTA5 with the KB & M and only used a controller for flying (I hate controllers). Is it possible to use KB & M with console? I haven't owned one since PS2.
yes, i believe you can. you may have to go into the system settings and "activate" it? but don't know for sure. i've basically been pc only since then too. had a ps3 when it first came out but sold it being i never used it.

This don't impress me much. Graphics is barely an upgrade on GTAV, it already looks dated now, let alone for 2025. If this was supposed to get me hyped for GTA VI it failed. It did the opposite actually. Until now I was cautiously optimistic, now I'm firmly on the not interested bus. I also fear it will be GTA: Let's see how much ESG we can cram into it.

This don't impress me much. Graphics is barely an upgrade on GTAV, it already looks dated now, let alone for 2025.

I think the lighting and whatnot looks dated but the details look good. Lots of density and detail seems to be high even in the distance. I feel like there may be a graphical down grade at release, but also think maybe it will end up looking like the trailer seeing that the graphics don't quite push boundaries much in the first place.

I am not sure about the outdated graphic, nothing ever looked that big with that level of details to me and I have a bit of that double check for small screenshot from the trailers if it is real or not. Would it be all real time and if it release at that level, could be the most impressive graphical game of all time in some sense imo.

Maybe in term of raw lighting and what not, but in term of asset quality, quantity, camera presentation, quality of animation, diversity of characthers, i.e. what is a lot of just giant team of artist-engine team-real world scanner to asset tools, etc... working for a very long time, that could be the biggest and most impressive visual game ever.

Last edited:
I feel like there may be a graphical down grade at release, but also think maybe it will end up looking like the trailer seeing that the graphics don't quite push boundaries much in the first place.
maybe on consoles, but not on pc. it's using an updated red dead engine. do you think that looks bad on high end pc too? i'm trying to figure out what games you think look better and more realistic than this? starfield? pfff

but whatever, haters gonna hate, right?

Always a mistake to show off a game this far in advance.
I always appreciate it when games are announced and shown off literally the same year they come out.

It'll be neat being in Vice City in modern times since we saw it in the 80s in GTA: Vice City
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Is it possible to use KB & M with console?
Depends on the individual game. 8th-gen and 9th-gen Xboxes natively support keyboard and mouse, and you can use them with some games, like Halo MCC. But it's really down to the individual developers to support keyboard and mouse on consoles. Support is NOT guaranteed.

I don't know how accurate this list is: https://www.purexbox.com/guides/all-xbox-games-with-mouse-and-keyboard-support

It is but it depends on the game and if the developer want to add the support to the game.

A small list of KB compatible games is here: https://www.videogamer.com/tech/console/what-ps5-games-support-keyboard-and-mouse/
Ah, so there are even some PS5 games that support mouse and keyboard.

Oh PS3 you could use mouse and keyboard for the web browser, and to play a few games, like UT3.

My wife wants VR and I have thought about getting a PS5 for VR2 so she stays off my PC.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife wants VR and I have thought about getting a PS5 for VR2 so she stays off my PC. Also, I played GTA5 with the KB & M and only used a controller for flying (I hate controllers). Is it possible to use KB & M with console? I haven't owned one since PS2.
Get her a Quest 3, then she doesn't need the PC or the TV.

The new consoles can use keyboard and mice, but most games don't support them. I doubt GTA will.

The new consoles can use keyboard and mice, but most games don't support them. I doubt GTA will.
why? a quick google search says you can play gta v with m/k on ps5

but i would think you'd want to use controller at least for driving. if you aren't able to vary the gas, brakes and steering, then yeah, driving's not gonna feel right.

Last edited:
This don't impress me much. Graphics is barely an upgrade on GTAV, it already looks dated now, let alone for 2025. If this was supposed to get me hyped for GTA VI it failed. It did the opposite actually. Until now I was cautiously optimistic, now I'm firmly on the not interested bus. I also fear it will be GTA: Let's see how much ESG we can cram into it.

What the hell. I could not disagree more. Go play GTA 5 again.

I am not sure about the outdated graphic, nothing ever looked that big with that level of details to me and I have a bit of that double check for small screenshot from the trailers if it is real or not. Would it be all real time and if it release at that level, could be the most impressive graphical game of all time in some sense imo.

Maybe in term of raw lighting and what not, but in term of asset quality, quantity, camera presentation, quality of animation, diversity of characthers, i.e. what is a lot of just giant team of artist-engine team-real world scanner to asset tools, etc... working for a very long time, that could be the biggest and most impressive visual game ever.

That is what I am getting at. In terms of lighting and whatnot, it doesn't look quite as good as some other games. But assets, detail, view distance, and how the level of detail seems to stay fairly high does look good.

I got GTAV for free on Epic. :)

+1
GTA 5 was the 1st game I got free on Epic, 99% of games I have are free.
Maybe 2 more presidents before there is a PC version.

I have to admit, I don't understand the appeal of this series, but as always do understand not everything is made for me.
It's OK, I just wish you can go much much more dark. Maybe you can get a pet gator you can walk around town and feed people to. Nice if they have my wiafu Ursula back.
This trailer made me realize that I'm too old for these types of games now...
Which age? Physical age, Metal age, or Feel like age.....
I would, but I forgot how to control things again. Besides, is it safe again for PC players, heard it wasn't safe a few mouths ago?

I live in South Florida nowadays. I can attest that trailer is exactly what goes on down here. People tweaking on top of cars going down 95, shutting down intersections to do donuts, boats catch on fire much more than I thought they would, alligator wrestling, swamp rides, hundreds of un-registered dirtbikes and 4 wheelers zipping around riding wheelies on sidewalks with pedestrians and what not...

did all the old folk leave Florida?...I thought Florida used to be the place where everyone went after they retired...

That's the thing, I live in a place where I watch the NPC's scurry around like cockroaches, they do love their gadgets.
That's why GTA is so popular in the world.
I live in South Florida nowadays. I can attest that trailer is exactly what goes on down here. People tweaking on top of cars going down 95, shutting down intersections to do donuts, boats catch on fire much more than I thought they would, alligator wrestling, swamp rides, hundreds of un-registered dirtbikes and 4 wheelers zipping around riding wheelies on sidewalks with pedestrians and what not...

That being said cannot wait to play it. Unfortunately, us PC'ers are going to have to wait. Just hope it doesn't go all woke.

I'll wait to upgrade when this comes out.

A lot of us didn't sleep through GTAV or RDR2 we just didn't play on console. The PC release of RDR2 was years later. I'm going to step right up and say that RDR2 on PC is on my top 5 list of best games I have ever played in my life. And that's up against stuff from the early glory days like games from the Ultima franchise. You can't beat the childhood memories. But RDR2... I seriously teared up at the end of that game. It hit me like a truck in the feels all the way through and the end was just an emotional sledgehammer. The story, the scope, and the insane beauty of the art and just the entire package is a unique masterpiece of a game.

GTA5 is in the GTA "box". It's great. All the GTA games were more or less great. Perhaps the big GTA open world isn't quite as impressive as the earlier releases since other companies have also released damn big open world games over the last decade. But GTAV dripped with the STYLE everyone loves about GTA. So far the GTAVI trailer looks like more of the same, but I'm not sure that they aren't crossing over into slightly too realistic of a take on the visuals. The franchise's over the top meme fest of all aspects of modern life is not supposed to be just like reality. It's supposed to be moderately absurd. So maybe they need to focus on keeping the art style fresh and high fidelity but a little more "less real."

Watching people twerk on a car is funny in a game sense. But if the game crosses the valley and starts making me think even a little that I'm watching a nearly real news broadcast of the same thing? I'm going to "Change the channel." It's got to be entertaining in an abstract absurd way. Not a realistic one. We will see if it keeps that up. I have purchased every GTA game on PC on day one. Maybe I won't this time I don't like paying that much for games these days when they'll be half price in a year... but typically I make an exception for GTA games.

A lot of us didn't sleep through GTAV or RDR2 we just didn't play on console. The PC release of RDR2 was years later. I'm going to step right up and say that RDR2 on PC is on my top 5 list of best games I have ever played in my life.

Personally not as high up for me, but I really enjoyed RDR2. Really wish they would have done a remake of RDR1 for PC but that will probably never happen.

Why would I do that? GTAV is the worst GTA to date, I barely managed to finish it once then I forgot it even existed. I played the heck out of all of them going back to 3, because they were fun, GTAV had all the fun sucked out of it. It was painful, boring, lacking any fun activities, with the most hateful, "protagonists" ever. All I could think was wanting to jump off a roof. They were not good characters, just bad, worse, and worst.

I think the lighting and whatnot looks dated but the details look good. Lots of density and detail seems to be high even in the distance. I feel like there may be a graphical down grade at release, but also think maybe it will end up looking like the trailer seeing that the graphics don't quite push boundaries much in the first place.
People especially look bad, like plastic mannequins. Plus the lighting seems weird, like they deliberately pushing an artificial cartoony look instead of more realism.

Why would I do that? GTAV is the worst GTA to date, I barely managed to finish it once then I forgot it even existed. I played the heck out of all of them going back to 3, because they were fun, GTAV had all the fun sucked out of it. It was painful, boring, lacking any fun activities, with the most hateful, "protagonists" ever. All I could think was wanting to jump off a roof. They were not good characters, just bad, worse, and worst.

People especially look bad, like plastic mannequins. Plus the lighting seems weird, like they deliberately pushing an artificial cartoony look instead of more realism.

You are one edgy fella :woot:

Back