Grand Theft Auto V

Having fun just playing singleplayer/driving around aimlessly to explore but does anyone else find the whole shooting while driving mechanics very awkward. :confused:

Having fun just playing singleplayer/driving around aimlessly to explore but does anyone else find the whole shooting while driving mechanics very awkward. :confused:

There is something very different with shooting while driving in GTA V.. In GTA 4 I was rather damn good at it.. In GTA V I feel like a drunk 5 year old shooting ducks with a pellet gun at the local carnival.

Is there a [H] crew or what?

Interested in learning some heists with fellow members, not with random public players that go off in every direction and die.

There is something very different with shooting while driving in GTA V.. In GTA 4 I was rather damn good at it.. In GTA V I feel like a drunk 5 year old shooting ducks with a pellet gun at the local carnival.

All day long this right here! I have had to relearn to shoot while driving in 5. I did notice that there was an option to set it back to how it was in 4, but for some reason after i changed it the setting reverted after a time and I finally just decided to get used to the default settings.

Nice little anecdote from today's GTA Online session.

PRO TIP: "F" will still make you exit a vehicle while you are typing. Just happens I was 200 feet in the air in a helicopter and decided to compliment the pilot by saying "Nice 'F'lying!".. Unceremoniously ejected myself from the copter and fell to my death.

Might have just been a one off.. But got some lol's out of it.

*In before, GET A HEADSET DUMBASS*

Any idea how long the SP is? I'm afraid I'm playing it too fast every time it saves and it tells me the percent of the game I've finished.

Any idea how long the SP is? I'm afraid I'm playing it too fast every time it saves and it tells me the percent of the game I've finished.
The campaign is about ⅔ as long as GTA 4.
100% completion is 40-50 hours.

Going by my stats, it will take 65 hours for me to reach 100%:

bmmhaFG.png

Last edited:

Depends on how much you fuck around.

I finished the main story in around 40 hours. It certainly felt like a solid length. The map is massive and there's certainly no shortage of shit to explore.

Not sure why you'd need a trainer. There are numerous cheats that you can enter into the console (~).

Not sure why you'd need a trainer. There are numerous cheats that you can enter into the console (~).

For convenience, plus trainers will be able to do more in the future. A mod I used in GTA IV had it, and afterwards I always made sure to get a trainer if other mods didn't include one. It was easier for car modding too since you could spawn the new car and see if it works/how it looks.

Anyone else having issues with eyefinity? The game takes a shit a dumps back to desktop everytime I try to launch with eyefinity enabled. I've tried it with, and without bezel compensation enabled. Anyone have anyideas? I'm running 2 x Radeon 290s and 3 x 1080p. Hopefully someone has seen this already and I'm not a guinea pig for a new bug.

I'm running eyefinity without issues.

Specs: CPU: 3770s (stock is 3.1 but will 'boost' to 3.9.)
RAM: 8gb
GPU: AMD r290 (clocked at 1075/1400)
Monitors: 3x1080p ASUS Monitors
In-Game Settings:
Resolution: 6048x1080 (eyefinity)
FXAA: On
MSAA: Off
Vsync: Off
Population Density: full
Population Variety: Full
Distance Scaling: Full
Texture Quality: Very High
Shader Quality: High - I found it needs to be at least to High otherwise Anisotropic filtering does not work and you get a blurry line 5ft in front of you.
Shadow Quality: High
Reflection Quality: High
Reflection MSAA: Off
Water Quality: High
Particles Quality: Very High
Grass Quality: High
Soft Shadows: Soft
Post FX: Normal
Anisotropic Filtering: x16
Ambient Occlusion: High
Tesselation: High
Advanced Graphics: All Off
Want to point out that I've got VSYNC running via RadeonPro from here.
Also, use DIRECTINPUT for mouse. It makes mouse movement much smoother.
FPS City: 45-60 In the country or driving through grass: 35-50

Also for the AMD guys - try using this guide for VSYNC - works great for me.

Last edited:
GTA V online is great, But me running Crossfire is a problem and I really hate how this game isn't compatible with crossfire.

What kind of issues are you running into? I'm running 290s in crossfire and it's fine on a single screen. But EVERYTIME I try to launch with eyefinity enabled it immediately crashes to desktop.

Game runs amazingly well on my 5960x, SLI 980s and G-Sync ROG Swift!!! Maxed out and avg in the 80s or higher

For convenience, plus trainers will be able to do more in the future. A mod I used in GTA IV had it, and afterwards I always made sure to get a trainer if other mods didn't include one. It was easier for car modding too since you could spawn the new car and see if it works/how it looks.

Just don't go online with it... I find it funny that they're advertising such a thing in the feed when it has the potential to get players banned, considering that Online and SP use the same executable.

It gives a proper headsup about safe usage.
Its nice they provide info on user mods to this level, even though I wont use it.

It gives a proper headsup about safe usage.
Its nice they provide info on user mods to this level, even though I wont use it.

It's not Rockstar providing the info, it's some guy at PC Gamer, to be precise.

Was playing fine this morning before the patch, now with the patch installed GTA 5 causes my system to hard reboot after ~30 minutes of gameplay. Gonna start stress testing and hopefully my rig isn't dying...

Then it seems that the problem may lie in crossfire AND eyefinity. I've seen that before. Ho hum.

I'm running Crossfire R9 290s and Eyefinity. But my resolution is weird - 3840x800@120Hz (no bezel comp).

It runs pretty smooth but only after I loaded the 15.4 Beta driver, before that it was stutter city. I've had 1 crash in ~25 hours of play so it's quite stable. Lucky me I guess.

Just don't go online with it... I find it funny that they're advertising such a thing in the feed when it has the potential to get players banned, considering that Online and SP use the same executable.

That's what I call natural selection :D

Game runs amazingly well on my 5960x, SLI 980s and G-Sync ROG Swift!!! Maxed out and avg in the 80s or higher

I would be more surprised if it didn't. At 4K I can see the VRAM issue being more of a concern but the 980's are still great cards. Despite all this VRAM talk I had pretty good experiences with GeForce GTX 780 Ti's at 4K despite the 3GB of VRAM.

If I reformat my computer, do I need to save certain files to keep my single player up to date?

If you have the non-steam Rockstar Social Club GTA V I think the saves are automatically synced in the cloud with your RSC profile. Not sure about steam.

Patch notes thus far:

Patch 1.01
Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew

Patch 335.1
Players can no longer purchase more vehicles than their properties can store.
Players can now launch a video card benchmark test from the main menu.
Fixed an issue where facial features would not save correctly when transferring a character from Xbox 360 or PS3 and changing genders while editing the character's appearance.
Fixed an issue where players could become stuck in the clouds when voting to quick restart the Humane Labs Heist.
Fixed an issue where markers in the Rockstar Editor could not be deleted with the mouse.
Fixed various audio recording issues with Rockstar Editor clips.
Fixed an issue where the Yacht would not appear in some recorded Rockstar Editor clips.
Fixed a rare issue where some Rockstar Editor clips could not be opened for editing.
Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would not display the correct amount of time remaining for file downloads.
The Steam overlay has been moved to prevent it from covering up Launcher buttons.
Fixed an issue where the game would not save your settings when restarting in some instances.
Fixed a rare issue where the Steam version of the game would crash right after launching.
Windows Media Player is no longer required to install GTAV. Instead, Windows Media Foundation will be required.
Fixed an issue where the game would show the pause menu without player input.
Fixed an issue where the max frame rate would be incorrectly low in rare cases.

Still amazed how well this game runs. Have every option and slider maxed out (minus motion blur and depth of field) with dsr @ 3820x2160 + smaa (which looks better than all In game aa) pushing 40-60 fps. Smaa injector eats about 20 fps avg but so worth it

Last edited:
Still amazed how well this game runs. Have every option and slider maxed out with dsr @ 3820x2160 + smaa (which looks better than all In game aa) pushing 40-60 fps

I am using a KPutt ReShade that adds SMAA and some other small graphic improvements. Makes the game look much better in a subtle way. SMAA is just so much better than FXAA.

Here are some image comparisons. They are subtle but help the IQ alot IMO. These are not my images.

with Kputt Reshade ON :http://i.picpar.com/Xytb.png

with Kput Reshade OFF http://i.picpar.com/Wytb.png

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3434/

Last edited:
im so hyped, my new graphics card is arriving tomorrow. upgraded from a gtc480 to a gtx 960. what sort of settings can i look at with that card? 8gb ram and a phemon x6 1075T

Back