Grand Theft Auto V

GFWL isn't sticking around. I think some developers may have just begged Microshaft for more time so they could procrastinate a little more on converting their titles to Steamworks.
I can only hope for that to be the case.

Yeah, admittedly the characters in GTA are way better, so you're right there. The missions are arguably better in GTA but it really depends. The heists were cool but most everything else is about the same as Watch_Dogs....drive here, chase this guy, shoot some dudes, etc. On a basic level they aren't that much different in that regard.

The hacking mechanic, though it essentially boils down to "Press Q a bunch", adds a lot to Watch_Dogs IMO, over GTA.

Agreed. I played GTA5 on the PS3 and while is was a good game the feeling I was left with after fininshing it was somewhat 'meh'.

The thing about gta5 is there was literally nothing to do besides the missions. Online was a mess I didn't find doing races ad nauseum to be anything really omgwtf amazing. My biggest gripe with the game was the lack of exploration inside buildings and underwater ( yes I know there were a few cool places to see underwater, but there were very few compared to how much of the game world was water, even lakes etc.).

I would rather have had RDR come to the PC but GTA5 is good for those who didn't get a chance to play it on the console. But IMO it was pretty overrated.

Only want the PC version for multiplayer. Could give a shit about single-player in this franchise. Cops and robbers, anyone?

I avoided on my 360 because we all knew this was coming eventually. I'm hoping that the PC version is as optimized and bug-free at launch now due to the time since launch.

Who am I kidding lol :eek::p

Only want the PC version for multiplayer. Could give a shit about single-player in this franchise. Cops and robbers, anyone?
Considering the core of GTA is the single player experience, no; I am not really interested in the multiplayer component of GTA V to play cops and robbers if I'm honest. I could still be fun though, but that is not why I would purchase GTA.

GTA IV still uses GFWL. Hopefully they port it to something else sooner than later as I really do want to play through the DLC on the PC version. I have 'em for the 360 version, but once you play the game on the PC with some tweaks it's tough to go back to a last-gen console. With GFWL supposedly going dark next month I'm not about to buy anything that uses it right now...even if the DLC's are discounted right now.

I would rather have had RDR come to the PC but GTA5 is good for those who didn't get a chance to play it on the console. But IMO it was pretty overrated.

So would I and I'd be willing to pay top dollar to get it even though I've played the hell out of it on the PS3 and still play it even now.

Rockstar peaked on RDR as far as I'm concerned. SP, MP... all of it.

Nope.. Not gonna do it. No pre-orders for me.. I don't trust any company anymore..

I just hope there's an option or a mod to have cars persist longer. Nothing's more annoying then getting out of a car, walking a block away, and coming back to find that the car has disappeared. I don't even understand why it does that. It can't take up that much memory to store an x/y coordinate of a car.

Rockstar peaked on RDR as far as I'm concerned. SP, MP... all of it.

QFT. There was nothing quite like making console kids scream in RDR's Free Roam by shooting em on sight or blocking them from getting to a teleporter. Viva la proximity VOIP. I was in tears on my occasions.

I just hope there's an option or a mod to have cars persist longer. Nothing's more annoying then getting out of a car, walking a block away, and coming back to find that the car has disappeared. I don't even understand why it does that. It can't take up that much memory to store an x/y coordinate of a car.
I know right! This has always been one of my pet peeves in GTA.

How did you initially obtain that car? I can think of one way. Just imagine that there are other assholes out there doing the same thing, and that's why your car is gone. ;)

QFT. There was nothing quite like making console kids scream in RDR's Free Roam by shooting em on sight or blocking them from getting to a teleporter. Viva la proximity VOIP. I was in tears on my occasions.

They really did everything right on that game. There's something for everyone in MP as well and the zombie stuff put it over the top. A friend of mine and I still fire that thing up and play it.

I really do think RDR is one of the best games of the entire PS3/360 generation outright and I really think that even now if Rockstar got a clue and brought it over to the PC and even the new consoles they would simply rack up more sales on it.

I'd love to see them announce a sequel for it.

This was the main thing I was hoping to hear at E3 this year, GTA5 coming to PC. Now I can play it the way it's meant to be played, not on scrub 480 res and 30 fps /rolleyes.

I was close to buying WatchDogs, but held off hoping that E3 would give us news of GTA5 coming to the PC, and I am so glad. At least with GTA5 I will get a good story and sandbox game play. I don't think I can stand another game where the protagonist is hooded/wearing a hat to conceal his face and acting "cool", and I especially hate that stupid WG "hacker wannabe" lingo, sounds like some stupid 90's movie about hacking, it's cringe worthy.

Anyways, glad to see Rockstar at least throw us PC gamers a bone, we are the one's who got them started in the first place.

Quick, dumb question: I was in the mood to revisit part 4 and to make a long story short I'm on Steam and I have the latest version 1.0.0.7.

I'm guessing I can't mod this game?

http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/installation-help <- None of those unlockers work for the latest version.

I am using IceEnhancer 2.1 and it's nice. I followed the instructions to the letter. The only quirk I get sometimes is the red sky issue. How do I get rid of that?

This was the main thing I was hoping to hear at E3 this year, GTA5 coming to PC. Now I can play it the way it's meant to be played, not on scrub 480 res and 30 fps /rolleyes.

I was close to buying WatchDogs, but held off hoping that E3 would give us news of GTA5 coming to the PC, and I am so glad. At least with GTA5 I will get a good story and sandbox game play. I don't think I can stand another game where the protagonist is hooded/wearing a hat to conceal his face and acting "cool", and I especially hate that stupid WG "hacker wannabe" lingo, sounds like some stupid 90's movie about hacking, it's cringe worthy.

Anyways, glad to see Rockstar at least throw us PC gamers a bone, we are the one's who got them started in the first place.
The console versions run at 720p, but I feel you. But I've had the displeasure of playing the PS3 version, and it can't even maintain 30 FPS 99% of the time. I seriously think the target framerate on the console versions was like 20-24 FPS... I also agree with you on Watch Dogs. I stopped playing it because I swear I was getting eyestrain from all the :rolleyes: that were happening while I was playing it.

Thankfully, I got both of these games with the hardware I purchased. GTAV came with the PS3 I bought to replace I failed unit, and the bundle was cheaper than the standalone at the time. Watch Dogs came with the second GTX 780 I bought for SLI, and I figured I'd give it a try.

The thing that irritates me the most about the console version of GTA5 is that they always show it running at 60fps in all of the ads. It's all using those "smoothmotion" effects where TV's interlace frames to make something look like they're at a higher fps than they really are.

Rockstar doesn't have any control over how your TV works.
The original trailers on YouTube and Rockstar's website are 30fps.

The thing that irritates me the most about the console version of GTA5 is that they always show it running at 60fps in all of the ads. It's all using those "smoothmotion" effects where TV's interlace frames to make something look like they're at a higher fps than they really are.

This is true.

Quick, dumb question: I was in the mood to revisit part 4 and to make a long story short I'm on Steam and I have the latest version 1.0.0.7.

I'm guessing I can't mod this game?

http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/installation-help <- None of those unlockers work for the latest version.

I am using IceEnhancer 2.1 and it's nice. I followed the instructions to the letter. The only quirk I get sometimes is the red sky issue. How do I get rid of that?

I'm not sure why you would need an unlocker, all I've ever needed to mod it is an ASI loader and occasionally a scripthook.dll(though most mods that need that include it IME). I played the game recently and used this ASI loader: YAASIL. Xliveless is another option that should work with the latest patch iirc. There's also tools to unpack things but I don't recall ever needing them to add or replace things.

I can't help you with IceEnhancer because I never cared for the results, the game performs poorly enough already and while it looked amazing at times it also looked fugly at times IMO.

I'm not sure why you would need an unlocker, all I've ever needed to mod it is an ASI loader and occasionally a scripthook.dll(though most mods that need that include it IME).

That's what the GTA IV mod tutorials recommend.

I played the game recently and used this ASI loader: YAASIL. Xliveless is another option that should work with the latest patch iirc. There's also tools to unpack things but I don't recall ever needing them to add or replace things.

Cool, I'll look into this.

I can't help you with IceEnhancer because I never cared for the results, the game performs poorly enough already and while it looked amazing at times it also looked fugly at times IMO.

So far I'm pretty happy with it. My rig is making mince meat out of this game without any effort.

I know right! This has always been one of my pet peeves in GTA.

That's one thing that Sleeping Dogs did pretty well, IIRC. I could park a nice ride somewhere and go pretty far while exploring or just goofing around and it would always seem to be there when I went back for it.

I think gta for me has a bit of nostalgia because it is the first sandbox game i ever got into so i notice things much less and have been playing them over and over since gta vice city. I agree with you though the missions are the same ole go here do this shoot this guy. I think because the character development is better in the gta games I sort of forget i am just going to kill some guy and it pulls me in, so to speak.

I'm with you. I never, ever pay full price for games anymore but I'm strongly considering doing so for this one. I've been playing GTA since the beginning and it has always appealed to me. Some were questioning whether R* would bring this to PC and I'm glad to see they haven't disappointed us. If I buy it at full price it'll be because I want to show support/thanks and because I know it'll be months before it goes on sale for significantly less. This is the caliber of game that I will actually buy and play immediately, despite having a huge backlog. With many games like Tomb Raider and Hitman and Batman: AC I end up buying them for $20 or whatever and then they'll go on sale months later for $7.50 before I've even installed them.

And I fully agree that it is a damn shame that they didn't bring RDR to PC. I'd love to know their justification for that when they've brought worse games over. I never got to experience it on consoles, so what a glorious experience it would be for my first playthrough to be on PC. I might have to suck it up and buy an XB360 just for that game.

I'd also kill for updated remakes of Max Payne 1 and 2 using the MP3 engine.

I ended up buying the Episodes from Liberty City on the Steam sale and man...their performance is even less polished than the normal GTA4. Their vsync is capped at 53-55fps and I'm seeing lots of performance ups and downs no matter what I do. There are some tricks to making things better (Nvidia Panel Vsync, D3DOverrider, etc.) but it's still rough. Luckily they're phenomenal games, which helps me care a bit less.
I sincerely hope GTA5 doesn't put us through this again.

Ha ha nice! My buddy linked it to me on Facebook today and I thought I had seen it before. Guess I had!

Apparently to Rockstar, "Fall 2014" means January 27, 2015 for PC Gamers per IGN and PC Gamer.

Bastards. The title better be superbly-optimized for PC then.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/12/6139587/gta-5-ps4-xbox-one-pc-release-dates

The new versions of the game will include visual and technical upgrades, increased draw distances and higher resolution, according to the release, along with a host of other additions. Those additions include new weapons, new vehicles, new activities, new wildlife, denser traffic, a new foliage system, enhanced damage and weather effects. The updated game will also feature enhanced radio stations with more than 100 new songs and new DJ mixes.

And I will GLADLY pay what I usually pay for one and a half year old PC games for GTA5!

FFS, ANOTHER delay for the PC version!?
What is this stupid shit? Whats the dumbass excuse this time?

FFS, ANOTHER delay for the PC version!?
What is this stupid shit? Whats the dumbass excuse this time?

Monkeys with rabies rampaged inside the development studio, so they had to delay it due to excessive in-office hunting safaris while wearing hazmat suits. :p

At least it'll be better than Watch Dogs after a delay... GTA5 is already winning the race before its even been released for the PC.

Lame. Luckily there are plenty of other games coming this Fall/Winter, so I won't care as much as I normally would.

Back