Grand Theft Auto V

oh dear god please let it be optimized
I'm actually optimistic that it won't run like crap. I have a feeling that their justification for waiting on the PC port was because they could build a properly threaded (multi-core CPU) version that would be happy on all the new console platforms AND PC. Instead of doing a crappy 360 port to PC, they decided to just create a build for the newer platforms and go from there. It sucks that we had to wait, but at least we didn't get a last-gen port.

Still, other than the SP missions, which were a lot of fun, the game didn't really offer much else that interested me.

That was my beef with the game. The missions are pretty exciting/interesting, but they have this entire, massive, beautifully rich and detailed game world, but literally nothing for you to do in it aside random sandbox bullshit like trick jumps and that kind of thing. The potential for a true objective sandbox mode would have made this game absolutely brilliant.

As is... basically a good, but brief story told inside of a really detailed world.

Max Payne 3 ran beautifully. Just sayin ;)
Max Payne was a linear corridor shooter.
GTA 4 had tons of pedestrians, cars (with physics), more dynamic shadows to render, day/night cycle.

Comparatively, Max Payne 3 ran just as bad as GTA 4. It was just harder to notice.
I had to run it at ~30fps on my old Q6600. The bad optimizations are more obvious once you scale down your hardware.

If the way Ubisoft launched Watch Dogs for PC never happened I would be saying right now "At least it can't be as badly optimized as GTA IV for PC"

But... Watch Dogs is such a tripping over itself optimized to shit mess... I'm actually fearful for GTA V for PC now..

It's about time this announcement happened. I can't wait for GTA V on the PC. I've only played it for a very short time on the 360 so it's still going to be a new experience for me.

I'm actually optimistic that it won't run like crap. I have a feeling that their justification for waiting on the PC port was because they could build a properly threaded (multi-core CPU) version that would be happy on all the new console platforms AND PC. Instead of doing a crappy 360 port to PC, they decided to just create a build for the newer platforms and go from there. It sucks that we had to wait, but at least we didn't get a last-gen port.

True, but i hope they dont go overboard with the vRAM requirements as the new gen consoles have a opulent amounts of memory.

Glad games for windows is gone, I hope there is no social club shit either...I just want the game

For what, a quarter of a BILLION dollars, I'd expect it to be. Else I would be questioning what the hell they're doing with all that money.

Oh ye of short term memory. Don't forget the mess that was GTA IV. It took years ... YEARS for it to get patched right and fixed. The community had to do some of that as well.

Don't think that Rockstar is willing to spread its cake all over the place. PC will be lucky to get mod tools again honestly.

I knew it was coming but I'm surprised it took so long... Are they going to add another suburb or section to the city?

Otherwise... mod tools, plz?

I'm down for playing another AAA sandbox game, just as long as they do optimize it.

I was nearly about to give up hope. I can't wait. I put in tons and tons of time into VC, SA, and 4.

It's about time. Good news.

By that time I expect this "Heist DLC" concept to have cleared through on the PS3 and 360 and hopefully the PC/PS4/XB1 versions of this will be all set to go from the get-go.

On the PC I'd really like to see the allowance for mods. I thought the Heists were absolutely brilliant and it was a shame when the single player story was over with there really was no point in continuing to play whatsoever, at least for me.

The MP is fun if a bit inconsistent.

sakgw3f.gif

Reminds me of those crazy modded Skyrim before/after screenshots.

Last edited:
The fact that they're releasing an enhanced version for the consoles is nice as even if this is a "just a port" it should be head and shoulders above the PS3 and 360 versions of the game. Worst case scenario - if the PC version sucks or has performance issues, at least the other next gen versions seem to be high-res and 60fps, too.

If they craft some kind of "design your own Heist" module that would be incredible.

Shame the low poly car models haven't changed, i still think gta 4's models were a lot better.

With Watch_Dogs, even as shitty as it can be sometimes, it's WAY better than GTA V in every aspect other than driving, really.

Sadly I don't really care much about GTA V on the PC anymore. Too little, too late.

You are nuts dude. I guess to each is own but gta games are awesome. THe missions are way better. Plus the characters are awesome. Except for the black guy.

You are nuts dude. I guess to each is own but gta games are awesome. THe missions are way better. Plus the characters are awesome. Except for the black guy.

Yeah, admittedly the characters in GTA are way better, so you're right there. The missions are arguably better in GTA but it really depends. The heists were cool but most everything else is about the same as Watch_Dogs....drive here, chase this guy, shoot some dudes, etc. On a basic level they aren't that much different in that regard.

The hacking mechanic, though it essentially boils down to "Press Q a bunch", adds a lot to Watch_Dogs IMO, over GTA.

Loved this on PS3, will buy it pretty quickly on PC as well.

GTA IV ran like shit on PC, but damn that game is AWFUL on consoles. I bought it on PS3 to test it out, holy shit it's unplayable IMO. GTA V ran pretty good, looked much better than GTA IV, so I have high hopes for the PC version.

Rockstar wouldn't do that again, theres no way....they are that dumb...
Wait, wait, wait, hold your horses. There is no signs of GFWL being implemented into GTA V. However, some developers such as this Bravo from 343 Industries are suggesting that GFWL is going to be supported for longer than what was announced, possibly implying it might make a comeback in one form or another. I was only responding to the affirmation that GFWL will not be around anymore.

Oh ye of short term memory. Don't forget the mess that was GTA IV. It took years ... YEARS for it to get patched right and fixed. The community had to do some of that as well.

Don't think that Rockstar is willing to spread its cake all over the place. PC will be lucky to get mod tools again honestly.

This is true. Let me eat my sock real quick.

Wait, wait, wait, hold your horses. There is no signs of GFWL being implemented into GTA V. However, some developers such as this Bravo from 343 Industries are suggesting that GFWL is going to be supported for longer than what was announced, possibly implying it might make a comeback in one form or another. I was only responding to the affirmation that GFWL will not be around anymore.

GFWL isn't sticking around. I think some developers may have just begged Microshaft for more time so they could procrastinate a little more on converting their titles to Steamworks.

Yeah, admittedly the characters in GTA are way better, so you're right there. The missions are arguably better in GTA but it really depends. The heists were cool but most everything else is about the same as Watch_Dogs....drive here, chase this guy, shoot some dudes, etc. On a basic level they aren't that much different in that regard.

The hacking mechanic, though it essentially boils down to "Press Q a bunch", adds a lot to Watch_Dogs IMO, over GTA.

Fair I find the hacking mechanic nifty as well. I think gta for me has a bit of nostalgia because it is the first sandbox game i ever got into so i notice things much less and have been playing them over and over since gta vice city. I agree with you though the missions are the same ole go here do this shoot this guy. I think because the character development is better in the gta games I sort of forget i am just going to kill some guy and it pulls me in, so to speak.

I just cant even finish watch dogs it is so boring for me. I have all the weapons already and if im not unlocking stuff i dont really see the point. Plus the thing i hate the most are the fact that the side missions are exactly the same as the main missions. Saints row started doing this on the thrid one and i just could not get over this fact. It is such a cop out for an actual story it blows my mind. I realize it is just a game but can you really call it a game if all we get are side missions as the story.

Last edited:
Back