• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Grand theft auto V thread.

Didn't some of the previous games allow you to play your own music? I guess you can't do that here?

Not on the console versions. At least not yet.

Whenever the PC version comes out I'd be shocked if that option isn't there from the get-go.
 
The previous games had folders you could throw mp3's in and then tune the radio in game to the custom station. I believe on consoles, you had to rip the music from you cd's onto the console (first Xbox). Don't remember how it was done on GTA 3 and Vice City for PS2, or if it was even possible, as I never really did it.
 
The previous games had folders you could throw mp3's in and then tune the radio in game to the custom station. I believe on consoles, you had to rip the music from you cd's onto the console (first Xbox). Don't remember how it was done on GTA 3 and Vice City for PS2, or if it was even possible, as I never really did it.

My wife and I are definitely longing for the soundtrack from Saint's Row 4. You didn't need to add your own MP3s for that game.
 
My wife and I are definitely longing for the soundtrack from Saint's Row 4. You didn't need to add your own MP3s for that game.

Haven't played it yet, I play the story co-op with a buddy, so I'm waiting for him to be ready to start it up. Good music then, eh?
 
Haven't played it yet, I play the story co-op with a buddy, so I'm waiting for him to be ready to start it up. Good music then, eh?

Yeah, especially if you grew up in the 80's/ 90's. And they had the perfect scenarios for some of the songs too, like Aerosmith - "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing", Haddaway - "What Is Love", and a personal favorite, Stan Bush - "The Touch" (bonus points if you can tell me where this song originated from).

And you add in stuff like Cypress Hill - "Insane in the Brain", Blur - "Song 2", Men Without Hats - "The Safety Dance", Montell Jordan - "This Is How We Do It" and more, even if you don't particularily care for the songs, it's still funny at least.
 
Yeah, especially if you grew up in the 80's/ 90's. And they had the perfect scenarios for some of the songs too, like Aerosmith - "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing", Haddaway - "What Is Love", and a personal favorite, Stan Bush - "The Touch" (bonus points if you can tell me where this song originated from).

And you add in stuff like Cypress Hill - "Insane in the Brain", Blur - "Song 2", Men Without Hats - "The Safety Dance", Montell Jordan - "This Is How We Do It" and more, even if you don't particularily care for the songs, it's still funny at least.

I grew up in the 90's (born late 80's), but I can relate to nearly all these songs. Sounds like a great sound track for sure, they definitely had extensive soundtrack selection meetings.
 
I grew up in the 90's (born late 80's), but I can relate to nearly all these songs. Sounds like a great sound track for sure, they definitely had extensive soundtrack selection meetings.

Damn straight. When I wanted to annoy my wife while we played, I'd set mine to "The Touch" (theme song for Optimus Prime from the 1980's Transformers movie) as the only track. It's funny to me.
 
Damn straight. When I wanted to annoy my wife while we played, I'd set mine to "The Touch" (theme song for Optimus Prime from the 1980's Transformers movie) as the only track. It's funny to me.

That's what it was! Transformers in the 80's...I didn't want to look it up and pretend I knew what I was talking about, so went on a hunch.
 
That's what it was! Transformers in the 80's...I didn't want to look it up and pretend I knew what I was talking about, so went on a hunch.

I got the DVD special release of the movie with the holographic cover. Felt like it went well with my Masterpiece Optimus Prime.
 
I got the DVD special release of the movie with the holographic cover. Felt like it went well with my Masterpiece Optimus Prime.

I know all the words to that damn song thanks to the original Transformers movie. It was neat (and somewhat fitting) to hear it in Saints Row 4.

Also pretty cool that someone else here is playing coop with their wife. My wife and I have both commented on how awesome the songs are on 'The Mix - 107.77'. My mixtape consists of about 90% songs from that station and maybe 2 or 3 from the other stations.
 
I know all the words to that damn song thanks to the original Transformers movie. It was neat (and somewhat fitting) to hear it in Saints Row 4.

Also pretty cool that someone else here is playing coop with their wife. My wife and I have both commented on how awesome the songs are on 'The Mix - 107.77'. My mixtape consists of about 90% songs from that station and maybe 2 or 3 from the other stations.

I didn't get into music much growing up, but my wife's been pretty good about catching me up on some of the better music. I think Saint's Row really nailed their demographic for the music.
 
Thought this was funny. Even EA is trying to cash-in on the GTA V hype. Just saw this on my Facebook thing...

Capture.jpg
 
I know all the words to that damn song thanks to the original Transformers movie. It was neat (and somewhat fitting) to hear it in Saints Row 4.

Also pretty cool that someone else here is playing coop with their wife. My wife and I have both commented on how awesome the songs are on 'The Mix - 107.77'. My mixtape consists of about 90% songs from that station and maybe 2 or 3 from the other stations.


The Mix for sure. That's all I listened to when I played. Don't care if it only had ~10 songs. They were 10 awesome songs! Played coop with a friend and he did the same thing. I've actually been missing those while playing GTAV.
 
Haven't played it yet, I play the story co-op with a buddy, so I'm waiting for him to be ready to start it up. Good music then, eh?

co-op? i thought it didnt have co-op because of the GTA Online coming oct 1st
 
Anyone have problems with the garage and saving cars?

Does it not save a car you park in it if it's stolen?

I had a sweet super car (the Colt) that I spent like 5k modding out, I go out on a missino with it and the mission required me to ditch my car and drive a police car during it and when I go back to the garage the car isn't there.

Does it like respawn your car in the garage if you just leave it somewhere on the map or what?
 
Game is a blast. I'm wasting hours just flying around in planes and helicopters, bought an airfield and flying missions out of it. Landed helicopter on a moving train, got off to try to get to conductor by hopping a boxcar at a time - thinking I could take him out and stop the train. Didn't happen. Fell off accidentally and watched helplessly as the train rolled away with my heli still parked on the caboose car. Real lol moment.

Later, I'm flying the twin-prop plane low between mountains, running along a river, and right over the top of me comes a military jet just flying along gracefully hugging the same mountain pass, I could see the pilot, then flies off without a care. Can't wait 'til I figure out how to sneak into military bases and get access to better flying hardware, right now as I set foot in I get facerolled by a tank, helicopters, surface to air missiles, a jet and oh yeah a small army. I'm having serious Just Cause 2 flashbacks - another game I completely loafed around in and never even finished the campaign.
 
Last edited:
Having tons of fun currently, I just experienced something totally lulzy. I switched to Trevor and he randomly had a dress on, wtf :p
 
Loving the game.

For everyone with a 360 I highly recommend you install the play disc to a usb drive. Then after it's installed pin the game to your home screen and launch it from there.

Not only is my xbox more quite but it's also slightly smoother than compared to running directly off the disc. Doesn't stutter as much. At least for me.
 
Holy shit.

The way the first heist comes together is brilliant and this is just the beginning? Love it.
 
Holy shit.

The way the first heist comes together and is brilliant and this is just the beginning? Love it.

Only disappointing part was one of my idiots decided to drive into a wall and die so I lost some money :/. But damn, lots of money, although I already spent all of it on car mods/stocks :D
 
Only disappointing part was one of my idiots decided to drive into a wall and die so I lost some money :/. But damn, lots of money, although I already spent all of it on car mods/stocks :D

I ended up picking up the pro driver and pro gunmen and the crappy hacker while trying to do stealth. I should have chosen a better hacker, but the job went smooth for me regardless. I am thinking of rolling with the shitties since they have a low cut and they'll just get better and better. So it'll be a rough start, but more money for me. But then again, I have a feeling this game is quite generous with money in the grand scheme of things.
 
I ended up picking up the pro driver and pro gunmen and the crappy hacker while trying to do stealth. I should have chosen a better hacker, but the job went smooth for me regardless. I am thinking of rolling with the shitties since they have a low cut and they'll just get better and better. So it'll be a rough start, but more money for me. But then again, I have a feeling this game is quite generous with money in the grand scheme of things.


Well the one movie theater costs $20,000,000 , so it'll take a couple of heists to get there. For some reason I feel like characters use money when you don't control them, maybe my memory is failing hard and I am just spending money and not checking it after I switch, but I felt like some money just disappeared.

And I picked the Pro Hacker, so I got 90 seconds in the jewelry store. I think I'm gonna level up the other guys first a bit and then when they are maxed I'll get a cheaper hacker and level him/her.
 
Lol the one thing that is pulling me to GTA V is the fact that you can buy stocks and real estate.
 
So I got through doing the first heist and think I made a mistake of using the best people for the jobs.

As the game waits to tell you AFTER you do the heist that the "cut" of money they take doesn't increase if their skill increases (So they will ALWAYS take a smaller cut then the people that you can first use that are higher skilled, even if they out level those people). Wish I had known that BEFORE I had to plan who to use.

Is there a way to train your crew people or can you only do it through the heist you go on in the main storyline? Isn't there just like 6 heist or something like that?
 
I chose mostly middle people for all the parts. I got away with 4.5million. I only missed two cases in the shop. Apparently the lower gunman was a mistake, which I was informed of by the other people in the heist, as he crashed on his bike. Oh well, the other guys said he picked it up as we were riding out. Glad I chose the options I did.
The hacker was funny as he was complaining the whole time about he is going to miss his family then when it was done, he was all like "this is the best thing I have ever done" lol.
 
Did you use the hacker from the Lifeinvader?

Also has anyone else here using the 360 version tried the USB flash drive work around so it doesn't need to read from disc?

If so do you still notice some pop in?

I am wondering if there's perhaps a setting or something wrong I've did because I know when I start up the game and it's loading the first time it's spinning up the disc and everything but after a couple minutes it stops spinning the disc.

How can I be sure it's using the USB flash drive to play the game with and not relying on the disc?

I played for like 4 hours straight and I got up to the part where you first get to play as Tervor and you're driving his pick up. I noticed that on the side of the road I would see the little Road cone things "pop in" ahead of me in the distance. Is that something you guys noticed as well?

Thanks for any help.
 
Also has anyone else here using the 360 version tried the USB flash drive work around so it doesn't need to read from disc?

If so do you still notice some pop in?

I am wondering if there's perhaps a setting or something wrong I've did because I know when I start up the game and it's loading the first time it's spinning up the disc and everything but after a couple minutes it stops spinning the disc.

How can I be sure it's using the USB flash drive to play the game with and not relying on the disc?

I played for like 4 hours straight and I got up to the part where you first get to play as Tervor and you're driving his pick up. I noticed that on the side of the road I would see the little Road cone things "pop in" ahead of me in the distance. Is that something you guys noticed as well?

Thanks for any help.

It will always read the disc a little at first. You would know if it wasn't using the USB drive. You'd hear it reading constantly. (And if you have an old Xbox it would be shaking the whole room.)

I see a little bit of texture pop in when I first start playing. I'm guess the cache isn't loaded yet or something. I've never seen models pop in though. Is it just the draw distance? If you're getting texture pop anywhere else your thumb drive might not be fast enough. What drive are you using?
 
So I got through doing the first heist and think I made a mistake of using the best people for the jobs.

As the game waits to tell you AFTER you do the heist that the "cut" of money they take doesn't increase if their skill increases (So they will ALWAYS take a smaller cut then the people that you can first use that are higher skilled, even if they out level those people). Wish I had known that BEFORE I had to plan who to use.

Is there a way to train your crew people or can you only do it through the heist you go on in the main storyline? Isn't there just like 6 heist or something like that?

what I haven't understood yet, is yeah it says they'll gain experience and such with more heists... but the first heist I picked the shitty gunman and he crashed his bike - presumably arrested or died... so is he gone for good from my future selections? if so, how the hell is he supposed to get better lol - seems I should have just gone with the more expensive option.
 
I did not use the hacker from Lifeinvader. I used the middle tier one. I figured, that if some of the other lower end people did something wrong, I could correct it myself. It worked out well. Now those lower end people will gain skill and not raise their cut.
I decided to go the route of installing the play disc on a USB stick. I even went as far as to get the 16gig Xbox Sandisk from Amazon. I figured if it is an Xbox stick, it should work regardless. Funny thing is the Xbox says the speed might not be fast enough but I ignored that.
I have had no pop-in and the game runs just fine. I can see when the game uses it, as it flashes when ever it is being read.
 
I did not use the hacker from Lifeinvader. I used the middle tier one. I figured, that if some of the other lower end people did something wrong, I could correct it myself. It worked out well. Now those lower end people will gain skill and not raise their cut.
I decided to go the route of installing the play disc on a USB stick. I even went as far as to get the 16gig Xbox Sandisk from Amazon. I figured if it is an Xbox stick, it should work regardless. Funny thing is the Xbox says the speed might not be fast enough but I ignored that.
I have had no pop-in and the game runs just fine. I can see when the game uses it, as it flashes when ever it is being read.


I only seemed to have a choice of two for each job on the first heist... seemed like low skill or pretty damn high skill to me
 
Does anyone know how to play the stockmarket?
I spent about 6k on postop (mail delivery service) when the stock was like 4.50/share. it was at like -450.
I mean there is no where else to go but up with such a low stock, hell it's now at 3.49! FML!
 
Does anyone know how to play the stockmarket?
I spent about 6k on postop (mail delivery service) when the stock was like 4.50/share. it was at like -450.
I mean there is no where else to go but up with such a low stock, hell it's now at 3.49! FML!

I bought some stocks, and all of them are still dropping. Playing the real stock market is about the long term investment. I'd assume they expect you to do the same thing in GTA V.

Of course, I only put in some small amounts of cash on the stock market. Nothing big.
 
I've got a 4gb 360. If I buy a 16gb usb drive and install only the install disk, will the performance be acceptable?
 
Back
Top