• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Grand theft auto V thread.

I agree, running with the disc in drive or using the USB, I haven't noticed a difference. It is just so I do not have run the disc drive to its death.

Been watching some videos today and this mystery with Mount Chilliad is driving me crazy.

I am also amazed at how big the world is. They were right when they said this map is bigger when counting in all the water areas and other places. It is like a maze under the city with sewer lines to ride a bike through and such. Plus all the mountain locations etc..
It will take forever to see everything in this game.
 
^ Yes the world is massive. And unlike the sense you get in say Skyrim where its massive but feels algorithm generated to an extent (all the filler area between towns and unique locations), in GTA5 you get the sense it was all meticulously hand built by an army of mappers. Everywhere feels unique, right down to the smallest out of the way barn somewhere that has random objects arranged inside it in a way unlike any other in the game. Literally nowhere feels like a lazy copy/paste like the sense you get in other large sandboxers where some places feel repetitive.

In other news ive been amassing my small collection of stolen military aircraft at the airfield next to Trevor's home. Got a military heli (little bird), fighter jet, transpo heli, cargo plane. Still need a tank but will prob buy later because can't really steal one that's occupied. I swear you are practically invincible in that fighter jet when you've got a wanted level. Alternates between macine gun and missiles which can lock on to enemy air and ground targets,
 
How do ya'll compare it to gaming on the PC? I really like playing PC games and have never gotten into console gaming with the exception of sports games. I just find it difficult to shoot weapons on a controller. What are ya'lls thoughts? Seriously thinking of picking this up with a PS3 for $249 as a package
 
It will always read the disc a little at first. You would know if it wasn't using the USB drive. You'd hear it reading constantly. (And if you have an old Xbox it would be shaking the whole room.)

I see a little bit of texture pop in when I first start playing. I'm guess the cache isn't loaded yet or something. I've never seen models pop in though. Is it just the draw distance? If you're getting texture pop anywhere else your thumb drive might not be fast enough. What drive are you using?

I'm using a Sandisk cruzer fit 16gb drive.

Xbox said (when i formatted the drive) that the performance passed and everything.

However it was just really realy noticeable last night while playing when I saw the little road cones popping in from a distance.

I thought either the USB drive might not be fast enough (though the site I found that list usb flash speed says it's 20mb/s which is over the 15mb/s rockstar lists as a minimum) so I didn't know if perhaps I sat up something wrong.

Was thinking it might be some kind of memory leak, as I had been playing for around 4-5 hours straight and I remember reading someone else in a review talking about performance issues after playing a while.
 
I wonder how this would compare with the iCEnhancer mods for GTA IV on the PC (vs the GTA V game for the consoles)? I am guessing the PC still takes the cake on an older game (graphically speaking, of course).
 
Last edited:
I'm using a Sandisk cruzer fit 16gb drive.

However it was just really realy noticeable last night while playing when I saw the little road cones popping in from a distance.

I thought either the USB drive might not be fast enough (though the site I found that list usb flash speed says it's 20mb/s which is over the 15mb/s rockstar lists as a minimum) so I didn't know if perhaps I sat up something wrong.

Was thinking it might be some kind of memory leak, as I had been playing for around 4-5 hours straight and I remember reading someone else in a review talking about performance issues after playing a while.

That is an Xbox limitation, what you are seeing is draw distance.
 
But it was only certain things....

Like the road cones/road signs would pop in from like 10 feet in front of my vehicle whil other objects were much further away.
 
I wonder how this would compare with the iCEnhancer mods for GTA IV on the PC (vs the GTA V game for the consoles)? I am guessing the PC still takes the cake on an older game (graphically speaking, of course).

I'd say GTA IV on PC without iceenhancer looks better and plays smoother than GTA V if that's what you're wondering.
 
But it was only certain things....

Like the road cones/road signs would pop in from like 10 feet in front of my vehicle whil other objects were much further away.

I have the PSN version and I get that often. It's distracting. If I'm driving fast sometimes I also get the road turning into a solid color while the textures load. I remember that happening on the PS2 versions GTA3, VC, and (I think) SA a lot.
 
How are you supposed to make the chopper go faster? I pretty much have maneuvering down, but just cannot hit that gold target in the flying lessons course because i'm going too slow.
 
How do ya'll compare it to gaming on the PC? I really like playing PC games and have never gotten into console gaming with the exception of sports games. I just find it difficult to shoot weapons on a controller. What are ya'lls thoughts? Seriously thinking of picking this up with a PS3 for $249 as a package

the aiming and controls in general are pretty good! aiming isnt too bad, you can turn auto aim off/on, controls take a bit to get used to, but after a few hours it dhoilf be pretty easy! btw gamestpp has a promo on select used games for 50% off, just pm me and i can senf you the list in case you needa pick up a few ps3 games
 
How do ya'll compare it to gaming on the PC? I really like playing PC games and have never gotten into console gaming with the exception of sports games. I just find it difficult to shoot weapons on a controller. What are ya'lls thoughts? Seriously thinking of picking this up with a PS3 for $249 as a package

Its nothing to do with console or PC. Rockstar games are a unique experience unto themselves - the remarkable writing, the incredible attention to detail in the game's world.. Play them any way you can get a hold of them. For GTA4 I played on Xbox360, then PC when it came out. RDR the only choice was X360 and I had a blast. Max Payne 3 I bought on PC.

The game transcends the minutiae of hardware debates and tantruming by those believing a PC version is owed to them. Since it doesn't exist for PC the only question is whether to buy/rent a console or hope that a PC version comes out in 2014.
 
I've put a few hours into this so far. My wife was initially pretty turned off by all the mature content, but after watching a little bit of the gameplay, there were several "huh, that was actually pretty cool" moments. Easily one of the best games I've played in recent memory. I'd even go so far as to say it's living up to the ridiculous amount of hype!

Rockstar gets props for how much they've squeezed out of 8-year old hardware (playing on PS3). It's clear a lot of work went into fine tuning performance for the 360 and PS3. That said, It's painfully obvious that the graphics engine is capable of SO much more. I would be very surprised if we don't see both PC and next-gen versions very soon.
 
Pretty good game so far, I bought it for the PS3. I'm the type that gets bored doing missions occasionally so I always end up just randomly driving over and into shit just for fun. Yesterday I got bored so I stole a Jeep and went off-roading up into the mountains and found some deer so I chased after them, hard fuckers to catch. Well I did end up side swiping one and killed it. Love just doing random shit once in a while, lol.
 
How do ya'll compare it to gaming on the PC? I really like playing PC games and have never gotten into console gaming with the exception of sports games. I just find it difficult to shoot weapons on a controller. What are ya'lls thoughts? Seriously thinking of picking this up with a PS3 for $249 as a package

I have always played third person games with a controller. Not sure why, I am a hardcore kb/m person when it comes to FPS and I can hold my own with a controller on those games but I am nowhere near as good as I am with a kb/m. I don't really play games like GTA for the competition like some people do. I like to sit back and play sandbox games so control is a nil issue with me. Whether I am on the PC or Xbox with GTA, I am playing with a 360 controller.
I was part of a "gang" on IV and those guys were pretty hardcore and I was mostly the camera guy when it came to vs play since I can record in HD. I was always looking to find more weapons and armor and most of them were always complaining that I wasn't concentrating on just killing someone. I find vs mode in GTA to be more of just a run and gun from the looks and I am not that much into it. I am more of a freeroam and have fun to see what I can pull kind of guy.
That said, console is a blast for stock gaming. If you were are wanting mods, obviously the PC will ring true. Curious how everything is going to pan out for GTA Online.
 
I have to admit you guys are making it hard as hell to not run out and buy a copy for my (never) used xbox360.

I was actually thinking about selling it, the game, and all accessories cheap "just because" I've never used the damn thing in months.

I will be buying it on PC no matter what -- just a gamble at this point on how long I will have to wait. The cheapass in me keeps saying wait, beacuse yes, I will enjoy GTA5 on the 360 I'm sure, but after it's all said and done, I'm 60 dollars poorer, with a console that's about to crash in value soon.
 
This has to be the best story, of any of them. So many twists, its actually the first GTA that I have not skipped any cut scenes..

Definitely grabbing this again on PC day one.. Just wish they'd hurry up and release GTA online.. Cant even fathom how much fun its going to be, if its anything like single player.
 
I have to admit you guys are making it hard as hell to not run out and buy a copy for my (never) used xbox360.

I was actually thinking about selling it, the game, and all accessories cheap "just because" I've never used the damn thing in months.

I will be buying it on PC no matter what -- just a gamble at this point on how long I will have to wait. The cheapass in me keeps saying wait, beacuse yes, I will enjoy GTA5 on the 360 I'm sure, but after it's all said and done, I'm 60 dollars poorer, with a console that's about to crash in value soon.

For the last damn time, the "current" generation consoles are nowhere near "dead". There's plenty of games out there, pending people have the time required to enjoy them all.

Do yourself a favor, trade in your other unplayed games towards it at Gamestop, and get some trade in value with their promotion crap towards GTA. You won't regret it. You'll be waiting a very long time for the PC version, time that could all be spent enjoying this fine game.
 
For the last damn time, the "current" generation consoles are nowhere near "dead". There's plenty of games out there, pending people have the time required to enjoy them all.

Do yourself a favor, trade in your other unplayed games towards it at Gamestop, and get some trade in value with their promotion crap towards GTA. You won't regret it. You'll be waiting a very long time for the PC version, time that could all be spent enjoying this fine game.

Exactly. Life's too short.

The second the PC version gets a concrete release date sell it. Piece of cake.
 
Meh i have a big enough back log i can wait. plus i just don't have much fun when i play on consoles. probably because im not on vent or ts3 while i play. and my friends and i usually play sp games at the same time so it adds a bit of a coop feel.
 
Exactly. Life's too short.

The second the PC version gets a concrete release date sell it. Piece of cake.

This game is just pure fun. It embodies everything we all enjoy about games: pure unadulterated mayhem, hilarious dialogue, massive worlds to explore, sense of accomplishment, and much, much more.

It almost seems like a crime to not play this right now, pending stable financial situation and free time of course...everyone's different. But it's a damn shame to not play this simply because people are in the mentality that console graphics are shit. Far from it...

Plus there's a button dedicated to flipping people off. Now I can flip off everyone around me in a big circle, then drive off. Who doesn't want that?! :D
 
I don't have enough time to play it.
I have to wait till my 7 year old son is in bed at 9pm
 
I'll be buying this the day it comes out on PC, but I am patiently waiting. Haven't turned on my X360 in over a year and don't plan on it. As much as I want to play this... i can wait. It will be a long wait, but that's the reality of it.
 
Recently, there have been some statements from Rockstar indicating that they're not doing GTA 5 for next-gen consoles. Though I kind of doubt that will be the case after all is said and done, that would be a damn shame if it was true. I don't care so much about Xbox One and PS4, but after playing it on my PS3, it seems pretty obvious to me that the game has SO much to offer in terms of visual fidelity, which is why I really want to play it on my SLI rig.

All the screenshots we saw of GTA V were gorgeously anti-aliased. While it DOES look great on current-gen consoles, you can see clearly that they're hitting a brick wall in terms of texture popping, AA, AF, etc. Unless I misread something, it seems that GTA V has shattered all previous gaming (and entertainment in general) records. It seems unlikely that R* would not put in the work to port their masterpiece to PC at the very least.
 
Recently, there have been some statements from Rockstar indicating that they're not doing GTA 5 for next-gen consoles.

No reason for them to hurt their sales and announce the game for next gen platforms. Just like they haven't announced a PC version, however everyone pretty much knows one is coming.
 
Coming from someone who has never finished a GTA game before, and doesn't usually play them more than 25% through, this game is terrific. Yes, you get small issues, problems and whatnot, but even if the controls screw up and Franklin decides to self immolate instead of taking cover, you're never set back too far. Just great all around.
 
There have been some statements about "moving forward" and such (in regards to performance, etc.). As far as I know, they haven't full out said NO to next-gen consoles, but there's little reason for them to fully focus on it at the time, as they're probably devoting most of their workflow to the next big thing.

At least that's how it was done when I had a brief stint at 2 separate game companies. Even before the current game is about to ship, the next game has already been in planning stages for a while. Now, I'm sure we'll see it out for PC and Next-gen soon enough (months, of course), there's no hurry per se.
 
I had my first hang up. I failed a mission and hit retry and after five minutes of the black screen and the spinning wheel icon in the lower right corner I knew it wasn't going to happen. Beware. (PS3)

That's the kind of thing that quickly jolts me on just how much I've been spoiled by the PC.
 
I really wonder if its coming out for XBone or PS4. I dont want to buy a game twice. I would love to play GTA online with friend just cant decide to get it now or later. Even if I get it now I wont be able to play until end of next week.
 
It would be incredibly stupid of rockstar not to release it for xbone/ps4/pc.

Releasing a game this close to new consoles by not stating it they know people will buy it now on current ones and then double dip on the new ones.

However it's probably months away.
 
Why would it be "stupid" not to release for next gen consoles? R* is in the game sellilng business, not the console selling or launching business, and its going to take a good while before installed units of nextgen consoles reach decent numbers. The core development of GTA5 was basically done before nextgen consoles were even announced. A game this big and ambitious doesn't just port overnight, and from a project management standpoint, trying to quickport to XBONE&PS4 wouldn't make much sense.

In all likelihood they'll release the PC version down the line and that'll be that. By now they're already well into work on a new game built with XBONE/PS4 in mind, in all likelihood a new Red Dead since its been hinted a continuation of that series has been hinted at on their twitter in the past.
 
Last edited:
I'll be shocked if next gen console versions don't coincide with the PC release.
 
I think I am gonna start a new game, I didn't like some of the choices I made on heists and I wanna do all possible side quests before doing the main missions since they sometimes give cheap/skilled crew members.

Also, for anyone who has not gotten to/not done the assassination missions for Lester...DO NOT DO THEM until you complete the game. Then read up on the stocks and how to invest with those missions, otherwise it is gonna be a bitch to make a lot of money, trust me.
 
Why would it be "stupid" not to release for next gen consoles? R* is in the game sellilng business, not the console selling or launching business, and its going to take a good while before installed units of nextgen consoles reach decent numbers. The core development of GTA5 was basically done before nextgen consoles were even announced. A game this big and ambitious doesn't just port overnight, and from a project management standpoint, trying to quickport to XBONE&PS4 wouldn't make much sense.

In all likelihood they'll release the PC version down the line and that'll be that. By now they're already well into work on a new game built with XBONE/PS4 in mind, in all likelihood a new Red Dead since its been hinted a continuation of that series has been hinted at on their twitter in the past.


They are most likely already working on the PC version and the ps4/xbone are closer in line to developing from PC>consoles then the ps3 was with it's system.

From a business standpoint it would just baffle me if they decided to not bring the game to next/gen pc, as they stand to only gain money from it, espeically from gamers that are moving to next gen and already bought GTA V who will double dip down the road as well as those who are holding out on it.
 
Is there a benchmark I can run to make sure my PS3 is operating correctly? I watch streams and I feel like other people have much a much better framerate than I do. Making me car sick, almost.
 
The number of people in these threads who are saying that while a PC version would undoubtedly be superior, they wanted to play it NOW, and they'll buy another copy when a PC version is released, is exactly why Rockstar are being so vague. Why sell one copy when you can sell two?

Personally I didn't pick up GTA4 until it was in a Steam sale. 120+ hours of game play later, what difference does it make now compared with someone who picked it up on day one? Absolutely none. I can wait. And if it never comes, I won't care, just like I'm not crying that I never played RDR, much as I'd happily buy a PC version.
 
Back
Top