Grand theft auto V thread.

Also, what is up with the helicopter flight model? The thing sways wildly back and forth no matter what I do. I could barely beat the flight school parts with it, and it took multiple tries.

Does no one play this anymore? Thread seems dead. :p

Not much to talk about since most of us have already beaten it and GTA:O turned out to be a huge fail. I was really looking forward to replaying the game on PC but knowing that GTA:O is a mess pretty much killed all the hype for me.

Cops and Robbers mode is completely gone, isn't it?
Was gonna wait for the PC version, now I don't think I care anymore.
Cops and Robbers was the best thing about GTA4 online........

Can't believe this thread is still going.
This game is garbage
Online at least!

Yes, the game wasn't that good. In retrospect, I did not like the protagonists, the heists were completely over rated, the language was needlessly trash talk and comedy just wasn't there.

I give it a 7/10 for good attempt at open world. Maybe Rockstar should learn from AC4 BF to truly understand what it takes to make a good open world game. I think I won't be getting it on PC. I would still rather have Red Dead Redemption on PC... :rolleyes:

Yeah, the storyline seems fun so far, but the controls in general for anything but driving are ass.

I haven't really done any online yet other than the first race you are forced to do. It actually disconnected me the first time I tried to do it, for no reason (not a problem in my end). Haven't really touched it since...wanted to get a feel for the game in SP first. Sounds like the online mode is shit anyway, though, which is unfortunate.

If there was a second map the size of the first, then were talking a true open MMO, but the map is just small.
Just one of WoW's region is the size of the map.
Wow has like 100 + regions,
granted graphics are way lower, but still.
If you want a successful online game that is open world, you gotta add a shit load of stuff.
The missions are all basically the same.
The pay outs are subpar at best,grinding is for money making, no other achievements.
Granted it is fun with joining friends, but even after a while, it becomes so vague where I tend to do a "UGH" sound when I am invited onboard.

EDIT
As a parody to my quote
Reader : BUT ESHELMEN!
Eshelmen:Yes reader?
Reader: There is tons of stuff !!
Eshelmen:Like what Mr.Reader?
Reader:Like getting haircuts, and flying a helicopter!!!
Eshelmen:Ok , Mr.Reader, What else is there?

Reader: You can join friends! And pwn other noobs!
Reader: You can play tennis! You can buy fast cars!!

0_O

Not really fair to compare it to an MMO, though, where most of the world is fairly empty other than random NPCs roaming around.

Not really fair to compare it to an MMO, though, where most of the world is fairly empty other than random NPCs roaming around.

It is what it is.

And it's no more fair then saying "GTA Online is free, be happy"
What a vague statement that is, Battlefield series is both Multi and Single, marketed for both as the same game.

And sure, MMO is a bit of an exageration of what GTA online is, but the concept should still stand as the same.

There is no infrastructure in the game(Hence why I compared the two), resulting in boredom at the end of the day with the game.

ITT: A bunch of whining.

Game is great fun, and as with any game if you play online in a crew, or with friends, its a blast.

Jesus people are butthurt over the stupidest things, its like the people who rage over Diablo 3 sucking so bad after they put 300 hours into the game.

iLlcmfO.jpg

72RLjPD.jpg

The iFruit app has got to be the worst-programmed app I have ever seen. Not only does the Chop thing run like shit (half the time it just freezes for several seconds for no reason), but I finally figured out the plate thing, in that it was throwing a DIFFERENT ERROR than when I was choosing a plate that was already taken, but apparently that error ("Social Club error, please try again later") ALSO means you are trying to select a plate that is already taken. Nonsensical bullshit.

ITT: A bunch of whining.

Game is great fun, and as with any game if you play online in a crew, or with friends, its a blast.

Jesus people are butthurt over the stupidest things, its like the people who rage over Diablo 3 sucking so bad after they put 300 hours into the game.

I agree. The game has its flaws, but is still a blast.

I'm die hard PC and would of bought GTAV if the PS4 would of been backwards compatible, especially with 2 friends that have PS3s and another willing to buy the console for the game. The fact that the whole backwards compatibility is out the window it kills it for me.

Hopefully that March date is correct. I've been stewing to play either a PC or next-gen version of this game for a while.

If I'm able to play my online character from the 360 on the PC.... I would be sooo happy. [/craig]

Being that the interview was with none other than the CEO of a digital distributer in Latin America, who competes with Steam, I think this rumor has legs. Nuveem means "Cloud". They started in 2011 and have over 100 new games. No indie stuff yet, but that is talked about in the article as well. The interview was one of those candid "up and coming business's for the year" type story. They used to be a game streaming service, exactly like Onlive, but never successfully released anything, then decided to go in digital distrib. If this holds up.....

March is going to be a sick month.
GTA V, Dark Souls 2, Infamous, maybe Driveclub? FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Saweet....

Here's hoping it ain't going to be a clusterfuck of a port like initial GTA IV was for PC.

Imagine what mods will make GTA V look like on PC...:eek:

That greatly depends on whether or not Boris will give it some ENB support when it heads out for the PC platform.

As with the above GTA IV link, I've been doing some ice enhancer modding for quite a long time along with texture overhauls especially from the likes of Lord Neophyte and such and I can tell you, 90% of the sweet stuff you see online is not what it is in game, most screenshots are taken at a custom set timecyc time for the perfect weather and "mood" contrast so it's not really glorious looking 100% of the time. That said as well even with 1.0.4.0 GTA IV, the game runs like dog shit, quite glitchy and FXAA injector and other modders ENB preset's are a major PITA to get working together, most times giving you the opposite graphics feel and look.

Actually to edit and add onto this just had a scroll down on the page of the link provided above.

Mods used:

Ultimate Textures v2.0
Fizzy's Darker Road Textures v1.0
TreesModIV
ENB Fake Tweak Ragga v1.0

I have a copy of GTA IV using the above 3 mods except his ENB (using Fonia's instead) and I can tell you my game texture does not look like his, without all the pre-rendering.

There's something wrong with GTA4's framerate. I can make it run at a solid 60fps...but it doesn't always look like it. It's one of those games that doesn't triple buffer, so using an external program like D3DOverrider helps that. That at least limits the full-on FPS drops from 60 down to 30 at random (assuming you use vsync). Lowering the AA and the shadow/reflections also helps.
Still no matter what you do it still never runs as well as it probably should. Just spending 5 minutes with the newer Saints Row games and especially Sleeping Dogs illustrates that.

I get a constant 70-90 fps with the ENB stuff and textures all on/installed and no problems with it feeling sluggish. The only time where it does feel a bit laggy like is when shooting multiple NPC's during night time with ENB on, maxed SSAO and FXAA injector installed. Just make sure you have 1.0.4.0 and a good single graphics cards, SLI is not supported in GTA IV.

Goodluck getting decent frame rates. The game is the worst performing game I have ever played. My FPS were always in the 20's, and guess what, CPU and GPU usage were never above 20%.

Never had any issue on pc like you mention. Game ran great.

Never had any issue on pc like you mention. Game ran great.

You are literally the first person I have seen say that. For the rest of us that aren't bullshitting, the game ran/runs like shit. 1.0.4 runs better than the newest patch but even then the performance is shit, like 30fps shit for a game that looks like a turd. Sleeping Dogs blows GTA4 out of the water as far as graphics and it ran smooth as butter on my old 7970.

GTA 4 is the second worst console port I have ever played. Cod: Ghosts being the current champion in that department.

This is one of the games I'm really hoping doesn't disappoint. I upgraded a five year old setup in anticipation of several upcoming games, this being a big one.

played it for Xbox -- was fun, would have been more fun had the framerates not sucked, and there wasn't so much texture pop.

GTAonline seems to be a flop IMO... I'd love to play it on PC, but no way in hell is it a 60 dollar purchase.

If they were smart -- they'd make it such to where if you trade in a copy of GTA5 for 360 or PS3, then you can upgrade to the PC version for 20 dollars. Of course they won't do that, so I have no choice but to not buy it :) Too bad too - because if they "pulled it off" on the PC platform, I'm the kinda guy that has no problem buying some DLC if the story is good.

Ill wait for reviews or for it to hit bargain bin pricing, why the hell would I pay 60 dollars for a game I already freaking bought in the first place? A game that in all probability will be buggy and slow.

The PC version wouldn't be more than like a $5-10 value for me. Paid $35 or so for the PS3 version and honestly I'm conflicted as to whether or not I even got that much value out of it. After I finished the SP and did a bit of the investment/assassination crap, I got bored and haven't touched it since. Other than GTA Online there is really no replay value unless you like playing golf or tennis or whatnot, which you can do much better with other games.

What they need is some sort of dynamic "Radiant" mission system like Skyrim, where you can do other (smaller) heists after the main story missions.

How big is the game? San Andreas was so enormous it was worth $50 just for the main story missions.
GTA4 was shorter, but still pretty large. Is 5 comparable to either of them?

How big is the game? San Andreas was so enormous it was worth $50 just for the main story missions.
GTA4 was shorter, but still pretty large. Is 5 comparable to either of them?

Honestly, 5 feels kinda small. It's definitely not even close to San Andreas size, but I guess it could be larger than GTA 4. But, GTA 4 felt larger to me, it's less open and more densely packed since it's a city. It's just one island though, it seems like a smaller version of the first island in San Andreas.

GTA SA was pretty fun, since it's been released as a official port on android for $6 I've been playing it mad crazy over the past week. Good times indeed.

Back