Grand theft auto V thread.

Other than looking for random bits of alien spacecraft there really isn't much for me to do anymore in the single player. And the multiplayer, all the missions require at least 2 people and I'm not interested in playing with a bunch of 12 year olds, sorry.

Level 38 in multiplayer, and I have not found a mission I could not solo.

Additionally, you -can- play online solo, if you want to. It's not the optimal experience but it is an option.

Edit: Online solo == Closed session == Only you

Level 38 in multiplayer, and I have not found a mission I could not solo.

Additionally, you -can- play online solo, if you want to. It's not the optimal experience but it is an option.

Edit: Online solo == Closed session == Only you

Yeah, but then how are you going to make your weapons pretty colors? :p

This game is messed up. I'll be playing a closed match with my crew, and then after a race if we vote free-mode, it will dump us all in different games. Then, inevitably, I will spawn next to a group of players and immediately get killed. If I blow up/kill any of them I get a "bad sport" rating and lose cash.

It's also been declining to save my progress off and on, even if I "leave online" and go back to story mode before turning the game off. I've lost probably 2 or 3 levels worth of progress (I'm only a 25) and close to $75k from race winnings today. Think I'll be staying away for a while.

Last edited:
Just finished this game early this morning & HOT DAMN Rockstar! Game of the Year for myself.

All hail the almighty "Deathwish!" :D

P.S. Has anyone gotten more than 41.3 Million on the last Heist?

Last edited:
Just finished this game early this morning & HOT DAMN Rockstar! Game of the Year for myself.

All hail the almighty "Deathwish!" :D

P.S. Has anyone gotten more than 41.3 Million on the last Heist?

My only complaint of sorts is that I wish the campaign had been longer and in general I want to be able to do more Heists. :)

I hope they figure out a way down the road whether it be part of GTA Online or something to make it where we could stage and rig up Heists. That would be fantastic.

My only complaint of sorts is that I wish the campaign had been longer and in general I want to be able to do more Heists. :)

I hope they figure out a way down the road whether it be part of GTA Online or something to make it where we could stage and rig up Heists. That would be fantastic.

Yes, should have been a lot more heists in this caliber of game. Granted it left people wanting more which is good, but I really expected more.

So is GTA Online freeroam pretty much still shoot-on-sight kiddies running around? I have no patience for children.

So is GTA Online freeroam pretty much still shoot-on-sight kiddies running around? I have no patience for children.

I still don't get this. It's Grand Theft Auto. It's a game of committing crimes non-stop. Why are people complaining that people are shooting each other?

I still don't get this. It's Grand Theft Auto. It's a game of committing crimes non-stop. Why are people complaining that people are shooting each other?

Haha I have no idea. No different than BF4 and CoD, you get more 'children' in those games than anywhere else imo

Haha I have no idea. No different than BF4 and CoD, you get more 'children' in those games than anywhere else imo

It's not even a matter of "children". First thing I do when I log on is start hunting anyone with a bounty. The living, dangerous world reminds me of a survival game. Speeding across town, taking a roundabout way to approach just before calling Lester to turn off your radar presence, killing the two guys currently shooting at each other trying to get the target, and patiently waiting until he leaves his apartment before drilling him.

Then getting kicked by him and his friends because...okay, children. :eek:

Do you actually play GTA Online? There are long Reddit threads with people complaining about being swarmed immediately when they spawn in and everyone generally having a deathmatch mentality .. That's why I asked how much of an issue this actually is, or are people just whining.

I'm not talking about the bounty system or the other stuff designed into the game, a lot of people seem to claim ythey are shot dead within a few steps after spawning and can't really go anywhere or play the game because of a pervasive shoot-on-sight mentality.

Last edited:
Do you actually play GTA Online? There are long Reddit threads with people complaining about being swarmed immediately when they spawn in and everyone generally having a deathmatch mentality .. That's why I asked how much of an issue this actually is, or are people just whining.

I'm not talking about the bounty system or the other stuff designed into the game, a lot of people seem to claim ythey are shot dead within a few steps after spawning and can't really go anywhere or play the game because of a pervasive shoot-on-sight mentality.

Do you actually play GTA Online? Because I wouldn't put too much stock in Reddit threads

although i dislike consoles it almost seems like theres no way around them anymore. Wanna enjoy exclusives that are worth playing like Heavy Rain and other stuff .And when i buy one additionally to my PC it will be the PS4. I dont like the Nazi style regional restrictions from the xbox one ...

although i dislike consoles it almost seems like theres no way around them anymore. Wanna enjoy exclusives that are worth playing like Heavy Rain and other stuff .And when i buy one additionally to my PC it will be the PS4. I dont like the Nazi style regional restrictions from the xbox one ...

couldn't agree more, I simply prefer playing on PC ! yet seems like gonna have to budge and buy the playstation, lucky enough its coming next month :)

Do you actually play GTA Online?

No. I've just been talking about the intricacies of the gameplay and hours I've spent playing it to mess with people's heads. :rolleyes:

There are long Reddit threads with people complaining about being swarmed immediately when they spawn in and everyone generally having a deathmatch mentality .. That's why I asked how much of an issue this actually is, or are people just whining.

Those claims are bullshit for a number of reasons. First, there seems to be a limit to how many people are in each online instance, somewhere between 16 and 64, with well over half of those players at any given time being in various jobs(races, deathmatches, missions). On average, there's usually around a dozen total people roaming in free mode. Some of them go into passive mode which completely eliminates the "WAHHH DON'T KILL ME" complaint, and the game regularly reminds players of this.

Apart from that, once you buy any property(which is not particularly expensive...I got my first apartment before I hit level 20), you can spawn there, in total safety, go to your garage, and emerge in your vehicle in areas where players are rarely congregating. Check your map. Do you see lots of players in an area? Then don't go there if you don't want to get shot.

Those that are complaining probably don't play very often, so they don't have much health, very high stats, or much of any weaponry for defense. They also don't have any safehouse to flee to, however, using the quick job function on your phone makes it unnecessary. If you're constantly going into jobs, you're immune from the free-for-all in the streets.

And if they're complaining about the bounty system, they're probably acting like an asshole in the game, because players don't set bounties without a reason. Bounties cost money.

So, to summarize, are there people running around the world killing each other? Yes. Are they easy to avoid? Yes. Is the Reddit community full of retarded, inexperienced, whiny people who bought GTA 5 as part of the most successful video game launch in history who might not otherwise play games very much, so they complain long and loud when their suckage catches up with them?

Shit yeah. :cool:

Those that are complaining probably don't play very often, so they don't have much health, very high stats, or much of any weaponry for defense. They also don't have any safehouse to flee to, however, using the quick job function on your phone makes it unnecessary. If you're constantly going into jobs, you're immune from the free-for-all in the streets.

And if they're complaining about the bounty system, they're probably acting like an asshole in the game, because players don't set bounties without a reason. Bounties cost money.

Generally speaking, I agree with you. People whine, it's a fact of life.

I DO get annoyed though if I'm just chilling with my IRL buddies in-game in a closed-crew session and it splits us all into separate public lobbies when we vote free-mode after a job. This has happened more than once. In these instances, I usually don't spawn in my owned property. Sometimes it's near enemies, sometimes it isn't. The issues are two-fold:

1) The game is removing us from a closed session and putting everybody into separate public lobbies.

2) If we shoot/blow up the players that come after us when we spawn, why the "bad sport" label?

2) If we shoot/blow up the players that come after us when we spawn, why the "bad sport" label?

You don't get labeled a bad sport for shooting players, but you do get labeled a bad sport for blowing up or otherwise destroying their personal vehicles. Don't ask me why, I don't understand either. I figured the insurance payment was punishment enough.

You don't get labeled a bad sport for shooting players, but you do get labeled a bad sport for blowing up or otherwise destroying their personal vehicles. Don't ask me why, I don't understand either. I figured the insurance payment was punishment enough.

Ah shit, my habit of tossing sticky bombs out of the car at my pursuers is probably what did it, then.

Yes, I've played about 50-60 hours of GTA Online so far on my XBox. Point?

My point is the exact same thing I've already stated. I have 0 interest in playing games with mouth breathing, teabagging, basement dwelling virgins screaming every profanity under the sun who play 24/7 and smoke people who have jobs/lives.

If you're having fun, more power to you. Single player suits me just fine.

My point is the exact same thing I've already stated. I have 0 interest in playing games with mouth breathing, teabagging, basement dwelling virgins screaming every profanity under the sun who play 24/7 and smoke people who have jobs/lives.

If you're having fun, more power to you. Single player suits me just fine.

And my point is that you clearly haven't tried it, because less than 1 in 20 players I've encountered have mics, and even if they do, they don't work outside the job lobbies that you occupy for maybe a minute. Hearing another player is a rare event. So your point is utterly moot. People should actually experience things before trying to describing them.

And my point is that you clearly haven't tried it, because less than 1 in 20 players I've encountered have mics, and even if they do, they don't work outside the job lobbies that you occupy for maybe a minute. Hearing another player is a rare event. So your point is utterly moot. People should actually experience things before trying to describing them.

I can see his point, I tend to stay away from multiplayer for these reasons (I can just imagine how the new CoD and Bf4 are going to be *vomit*)

But yeah, GTA5's online honestly doesn't seem bad at all. Atleast from my perspective

i was in a lobby once.
saw a speaker going off next to my name. i thought' wtfmate'

started testing it and saw it was from my kinect speaker....
i had no idea it was setup to automatically pick up our voice in that game.

i'm sure if other players heard they were loling for a while. it was just me and my wife talking about random stuff and what we wanted for dinner. :p

I have my voice chat set to Friends/Crew only most of the time. If you're in a mission it still lets you communicate with anyone else in it even if they're not your friends. Otherwise though, you end up with the 12 year olds screaming at each other in other languages. It's obnoxious.

Yes, it's a shoot-first mentality, but it is what it is. Starting out fresh is pretty easy to get facerolled constantly, seeing as you have virtually no weapons or safehouse, and if you die you spawn only a block or two away. Once you get a couple weapons it's not that bad, plus you always have to option to jump into a mission through your phone if you have any rampaging high level pricks in your game.

So...really? No more chatter about this? I'm in the mid-80s and jobs are becoming kind of a grind, but I'm still enjoying roaming the open world, and new jobs are still unlocking.

Rockstar's claim of the "stimulus" coming in October has clearly collapsed, and they haven't provided any further details as to when the next patch will arrive.

I'm still playing too, only mid 30's here still though. Been going back and forth between SP and MP. I've seen people over 100 though. Heck, there were people who somehow hit 100 in the first week by exploiting the fact that you could repeat successful missions.

So...really? No more chatter about this? I'm in the mid-80s and jobs are becoming kind of a grind, but I'm still enjoying roaming the open world, and new jobs are still unlocking.

Rockstar's claim of the "stimulus" coming in October has clearly collapsed, and they haven't provided any further details as to when the next patch will arrive.

Soon next week. 1.05 and the Stimulus pack. After that, we get the first free DLC pack of beach things!

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/11/01/gta-online-cash-compensation-coming-next-week

For myself, I'm like lvl 14 online and ~26% completed in SP, even if I bought the game on launch day... not enough time to play :D

Just picked this up, as it was really quite cheap on Amazon a few days ago.

So far it seems fun, graphics are "good for PS3" level, but the framerate is just god-awful a lot of the time. Plus, the aiming with the controller feels really awkward and inaccurate, especially trying to shoot from a vehicle.

I'm sure it'll get better but I'm not overly impressed so far.

Just picked this up, as it was really quite cheap on Amazon a few days ago.

So far it seems fun, graphics are "good for PS3" level, but the framerate is just god-awful a lot of the time. Plus, the aiming with the controller feels really awkward and inaccurate, especially trying to shoot from a vehicle.

I'm sure it'll get better but I'm not overly impressed so far.

Would be nice if we could play this on PC..but noooooooo..

So I got the iFruit app, and it works fine with Chop and whatnot. However, I cannot for the life of me change my plates. The first time it said "Plate is in use". Okay. So I choose a new one, and now it just says "A Social Club error has occurred. Please try again later." I've tried several times, Social Club is connected and working, but... nothing. Is there another way to do it, or am I just fucked?

Also, what is up with the helicopter flight model? The thing sways wildly back and forth no matter what I do. I could barely beat the flight school parts with it, and it took multiple tries.

Does no one play this anymore? Thread seems dead. :p

The helicopter is a huge pita becuase for some reason Rockstar wanted it to constantly sway aback and fourth, there's no good way to keep it steady.

Also, what is up with the helicopter flight model? The thing sways wildly back and forth no matter what I do. I could barely beat the flight school parts with it, and it took multiple tries.

Does no one play this anymore? Thread seems dead. :p

Yeah the helicopter flight model is terrible, and there is a lot of complaint about it. It wobbles back and forth even with 100% flying skill. I think it has some sort of piloting assist that both tries to keep it level and facing in the direction you're moving, which is infuriating because it fights you even when you're in control, and it is not how helicopters handle at all.

When you finally get helicopters with weapons, it's impossible to actually hit anything with them. You can't aim with precision because even in 1st person view the reticule just bobs up and down constantly because you have to fight the pilot assist.

I was very proficient at flying helicopters in ARMA & BF3 with a 360 gamepad.

Back