Grand theft auto V thread.

A friend of mine is doing that same shit too. He doesn't like the GTA series and he bought GTA5 and has been bitching about it on FB (he can't even pass the first few mission lulz). Why the hell did you buy it then?!

I don't normally like GTA, but GTA 5 I felt was a significant improvement in storytelling. The final resolution was a bit weird, though. I feel like the past between Trevor and Michael didn't really resolve, but I guess that just boils down to them being imperfect people that want to ignore that shit and pretend it didn't happen instead of resolving it to the end. Kind of... making some of the same mistakes again. It really fits their characters, I guess, and makes them more human.

I logged into GTA online at one point and it sent me to the character appearance screen, so it was clear my progress was gone. Turned off the XBox, came back a few hours later, and my character was back.

are they still working on the char dissapearing online? i have not touched gta v. i got so pissed when i saw my char went missing and had me make a new one, i had about 165k in the bank, 2 car garage and the bmw as well as the skyline. when i look at my profile online on rockstars website it says my char is level 1 and 165k in the bank, no other stats except how many races ive won/lost
i loaded up gta v the other night but my "new char" that it made me make is only there, wanted me to do the first race again, so i just shut it off. i was so mad, i was level 15 as well, i know it doesn't seem like a high level but it was a good 2 days of grinding for me and finding people to complete missions with, i know its a little easier now to join with people but still =/

You didn't create another char in slot 1 did you? I have heard if you do that, you may be up shit creek.
Like Stiletto mentioned, I hear that if you lose connection with the Cloud, getting out and coming back will fix itself.
I have heard of people getting their char back as long as they did not mess with the placeholder char that was put there or if they went and created a new char on slot 2.

Wow, November of THIS year?! Seems too good to be true but I sure hope so!

That's obviously false....if it were true it'd be news on gamespot/ign, and other places.

I could see the next-gen ones around that time. But why the PC? Unless all three are included in that date.

An important thing to note is how they have not dropped any info regarding a next Gen version of GTAV which obviously would of hurt sales of the current Gen version if they would of advertised it. Also, if the game would of had 2 release dates it could of hurt the record setting sales that it had on release. And the game was released as the first major release of fall (among Batman, COD and BF4), if they would of split the sales between 2 release dates, than there is a chance that in the interim they would loose sales to the other major titles that are about to be released.

We could hear about a next gan/PC release mid November with some excuse about extras and polishing the game for a nice holiday release.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/08/i...think-it-will-be-console-exclusive-very-long/

the only thing that made me stop playing GTA4 was the car handling, but with gta 5 im in heaven. The only thing i dislike is the chopper handling.... but thats being picky.

I caved and had my friend grab it for me since she won a good amount from lottery winnings. Anything I should not do to lose data or characters on the xbox 360? Heard about people losing cars and etc.

Finished to the credits. Still have some sides to complete.
Story felt short, the end was rushed. Especially where u tie up the loose ends, that was really dissapointing.

Not a fan of online. The missions suck and the world feels empty... In sp streets were alive with cars and pedestrians. In mp I run for blocks without seeing cars.
I also don't like how the cops light u up if u drive past in a car that you didn't buy for a stupid sum of money.

Trevor and Michael are awesome characters. Best video game characters in years. Trevor puts the game over the top.

Game sets up for piles of DLC and feels like it's going to be built for microtransactions.... No surprise these days.

Finished to the credits. Still have some sides to complete.
Story felt short, the end was rushed. Especially where u tie up the loose ends, that was really dissapointing.

Not a fan of online. The missions suck and the world feels empty... In sp streets were alive with cars and pedestrians. In mp I run for blocks without seeing cars.
I also don't like how the cops light u up if u drive past in a car that you didn't buy for a stupid sum of money.

Trevor and Michael are awesome characters. Best video game characters in years. Trevor puts the game over the top.

Game sets up for piles of DLC and feels like it's going to be built for microtransactions.... No surprise these days.

Only maybe 40% done with the story, just getting my feet wet online.

in terms of DLC -- i'd be happy to pay 5 or 10 bucks for more content every 6 months. A world as big as this with so much to do, makes me realize just how little time I have for real gaming these days. Trevor is awesome -- he's a psycho of course, but they really did give him the feel of being an intelligent psycho.

wow had a fun time online earlier.
Got out of a mission and was roaming the streets.
heard gunshots and a bunch of cop cars and saw a guy fleeing in some suv.

i walked over close as they were going back and forth and the douche runs me over on purpose.
I don't die and kind of get up pissed off. few minutes later he circles the block and goes up into some construction site in a building in the car.

i run up there and start shooting him with my smg. he gets out slowly from his car and i lay into him until he's dead.

about 5 minutes later, i'm driving around and some chopper is shooting at me. i look back and see 3 people are in it. Not sure if one is the guy I just killed. so they are chasing me for a good 5 minutes around the map. I go under a bridge and stop. they keep flying over and don't see me. They lower themselves to see under the bridge and I floor the car right at them as i'm shooting the chopper. I killed someone and ram the chopper as they shoot me with a missle.

I died but the last thing i see is the chopper smoking and barely being able to keep itself in the air.

it was a blast :)

So they gave everyone who played the online portion 500k in-game cash, I don't seem to have that do I need to do something to enable/unlock this cash?

So they gave everyone who played the online portion 500k in-game cash, I don't seem to have that do I need to do something to enable/unlock this cash?

I don't know if it's been given out yet. The alert in-game said it would be awarded as early as Monday. Might take longer.

It's nice, but not really necessary. Regular racing or mission playing makes gathering cash pretty easy.

You must play or have played Grand Theft Auto Online at any time during the month of October 2013 in order to qualify for the GTA$500,000 deposit in your in-game bank account.
Players will first have to install a forthcoming GTAV title update which we expect to happen next week. That title update (1.04) is expected to fix the remaining instances of issues that have caused vehicle purchase loss and will also enable the functionality through which we’ll be providing this GTA$ stimulus cash to players.
We will announce at the Rockstar Newswire when each deposit is made.
Each of the two GTA$250,000 deposits will be made by Rockstar and should automatically appear in the in-game GTA Online bank accounts of eligible players. Beyond downloading the forthcoming title update mentioned above, there should not be any additional special action required by eligible players to redeem.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...half-a-million-gta-stimulus-package-this.html

Here's an article about "Bad Sport" bans.

My buddy got banned from the PS3 version for not playing well with others. Seems that when he logged in he had a bounty on his head. So he started killing the other players on the server because they were rushing at him in an attempt to collect the bounty. After blowing up 3 player's cars he was kicked and is now forced to play with the hackers and cheaters. Seems like this will last for 2 days. He can't even join a private game with people on his friend's list.

What kind of crappy game is this? I hope they come up with a better system than that on the PC or I'll be skipping this title.

Yeah cagey the current system is flawed. There is no doubt this will get fixed in time, as well as the vote kicking, etc.

It does make one question the mindset the developers had about the vote kick system. '' Hey let's let anyone vote kick another player for any reason. Surely the 12 year olds wont abuse this at all."

I don't know if anyone picked their favorite way to make fast money (not going through all 30 pages) but, I think my friend and I figured out is the best way to make money fast online.

If you go to the race track "Criminal Records," set the laps to one and then choose any class of car you want. Supers will be the fastest cars but, you can switch it up the class to get the feel of every car. Still going to take as long to finish a track. Since you have the laps set up to 1 lap, you will finish every race in 30 seconds or less (40 seconds if you screw up bad). With just two of you playing, first place will make around $4000 and second place will make around $2500. If you do the math, not including load times and assuming you are winning every race, you can make up to $160,000 in 20 minutes (or if you switch off on who wins and loses, can be around 130,000)! Now I need to remind you that this math is based on no load times and having a quick finger at the selection screen. If it takes about a minute per race including load times and slow selection screen, that's roughly $50,000 - $80,000 in 20 minutes. Now you can do this with just 2 people but we found that the sweet spot is 4 players. Why 4? Allow me to explain.

Like I said before, when you have 2 of you racing, first place gets over $4000 and Second place gets around $2500. When you have 4, First place guarantees $5500 and last place is around $1300. Here is the really cool thing. The more you race on the same track, the higher the winnings. We raced with 2 other players for an hour and first place was able to get $6000 every win!! Now if you keep losing every race your only going to make about $52,000. Seems low but, if you compare it to survival, you're only going to make at least $20,000. That's also if you make it to the final wave which can take upwards to 20 minutes or more resulting in less than $1000 a minute. That's not including purchasing ammo and armor before each game. You can rob convenient stores as well using a helicopter but you're not guarantee to get the same amount from each store, plus you have to worry about cops, getting shot at, hospital bills, jail bills, etc. I raced with 4 players for an hour and made over $160,000 and I wasn't winning every race. Easy money but try not to add anymore players.

My friend and I tested this maxing out the amount of players on the track. The winnings are the exact same as with 4 players but those who finish below 4th place are going to make less than $1000. So if you want to do this trick, stick to 4 people to make the most of your earnings.

Now one way to ruin it for everyone, if you switch any of the lap numbers by accident after racing for so long, the amount of time you did to build up your earnings from $5500 a race to $6000 will be reset. If you do that, gonna get a lot of angry people and going to have to start all over again.

Think you got a faster way to make money? Post it below. Would love to hear everyones idea.

Ok.

Finish the game and get the last heist payout which is about $33M. Invest and flip stocks during Franklin's asassination missions and turn it into approx $1.2B on each character in about 45 minutes of work. It's way too much money than you actually need though.

Ok.

Finish the game and get the last heist payout which is about $33M. Invest and flip stocks during Franklin's asassination missions and turn it into approx $1.2B on each character in about 45 minutes of work. It's way too much money than you actually need though.

Not when you want to buy all of the properties and cars/boats/planes. The money cap is like 2.1 billion. The best way is to put 2.1 billion into stocks and have 2.1 billion in your characters account.

Not when you want to buy all of the properties and cars/boats/planes. The money cap is like 2.1 billion. The best way is to put 2.1 billion into stocks and have 2.1 billion in your characters account.

You need maybe $250 million if even to do all that.

Ok.

But this doesn't affect online. That's single player only.

But this doesn't affect online. That's single player only.

Oh I didn't notice that you said online. I can't stay far enough away from what I can only imagine is a basement dwelling virgin cesspool that is GTA online, so I wouldn't know.

Oh I didn't notice that you said online. I can't stay far enough away from what I can only imagine is a basement dwelling virgin cesspool that is GTA online, so I wouldn't know.

Yeah the way I mentioned above has now been patched. You now make less than half that on Criminal Records.

Have they solved the server issues? Is it easier to connect and meet up with friends now?

this was a week ago but when I jumped on GTA online there were several people that were level 100+

not from cheating but from some exploit where you could get tons of XP doing the same missions over and over (They have since patched it)

GTA online is pretty fun when you have a good band of players in your world... I could easily see inventing lots of hours in it, too bad I have a job, a home, and not to mention BF4 coming out soon.

You said it, dude. It's a mess.

If you're not in there with some people you know on some level or another, it's the typical console wild west to be sure.

Did they get rid of Cops and Robbers?
That was my favorite thing to play in GTA4. Can't seem to find it at all, just deathmatches and races...

So, in other words, you're judging something you haven't bothered to try. Why? :confused:

To get the free money do I actually have to play "online" or can I just do my own session where no one can join?

In other news, I have ~5 billion on Michael/Franklin and ~4 Billion on Trevor and still nothing to do :(

To get the free money do I actually have to play "online" or can I just do my own session where no one can join?

In other news, I have ~5 billion on Michael/Franklin and ~4 Billion on Trevor and still nothing to do :(

Yes, you have to play GTA Online, which has nothing to do with your single player characters.

Yes, you have to play GTA Online, which has nothing to do with your single player characters.

I meant do I have to go into an actual online lobby with other people or can I do a closed session which is still technically online, but other just can't join.

Nothing to do? There is like over 100 hours of content on this game. Not even mentioning the online portion which is almost spewing out with endless content. You need to do some more digging man.

Nothing to do? There is like over 100 hours of content on this game. Not even mentioning the online portion which is almost spewing out with endless content. You need to do some more digging man.

Other than looking for random bits of alien spacecraft there really isn't much for me to do anymore in the single player. And the multiplayer, all the missions require at least 2 people and I'm not interested in playing with a bunch of 12 year olds, sorry.

Other than looking for random bits of alien spacecraft there really isn't much for me to do anymore in the single player. And the multiplayer, all the missions require at least 2 people and I'm not interested in playing with a bunch of 12 year olds, sorry.

Join a crew. I'm sure the [H] one would be more appropriate for what you're looking for.

This is kind of a tiresome line. I'm 31, playing almost entirely missions on multiplayer, and I don't know the age of any of the players because about 1 in 50 seems to have a mic. You jump in, you play, and if someone is being a griefer, you report them as such. Most players so far play pretty well.

Back